Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423183 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #3100 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 16:51:52 »
found out my cousin got killed last night o.O
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3101 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 16:56:52 »

Wow bro so sorry.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3102 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 16:57:22 »

Was it a drug cartel related shooting ?

Are members of GH in danger for knowing .. Too Much..

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3103 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 17:02:29 »

Sorry to hear that demik.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3104 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 17:07:21 »

well that's ****ty
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3105 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 17:09:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Bro that's pretty insensitive
I'm back.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3106 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 17:15:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

Bro that's pretty insensitive

just trying for a bit of levity given dmk's mexico-connection..

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3107 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 17:18:17 »
Sorry for your loss demik.

tp4, go to hell you insensitive bastard.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3108 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 17:20:43 »

Wow bro so sorry.
yeah, i feel bad for my mom. i didn't really know him as he lives in mexico.. but my parents are going up there for vacation next week and to be his daughter's god parents.

but yeah, 9 shots to the chest. apparently my uncle said they threatened to kill him about a year ago? they are in cancun.. so maybe he messed with the wrong person. who knows. sucks tho.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3109 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 17:49:59 »
Sorry for your loss demik.

tp4, go to hell you insensitive bastard.

I wouldn't have posted what I posted, had I thought he'd be the "sensitive" type..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3110 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 17:50:46 »

Wow bro so sorry.
yeah, i feel bad for my mom. i didn't really know him as he lives in mexico.. but my parents are going up there for vacation next week and to be his daughter's god parents.

but yeah, 9 shots to the chest. apparently my uncle said they threatened to kill him about a year ago? they are in cancun.. so maybe he messed with the wrong person. who knows. sucks tho.

dfq...  so it is cartel related ?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3111 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 18:04:05 »

Wow bro so sorry.

Show Image

dunno, **** is crazy in cancun. maybe just local gangs he had **** with? no idea man. 19 years old too.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3112 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 18:17:29 »

Wow bro so sorry.

Show Image

dunno, **** is crazy in cancun. maybe just local gangs he had **** with? no idea man. 19 years old too.

/swish, called it.... 

Dmk, I'm not insensitive, I just find it hard to believe that one could be THAT upset about this person he never really knew..

Can one be empathetic, and recognize that it's a bad situation.. YES.. and I do both..

but just how much "bad" is one suppose to feel.. I mean.. the rest of you finger-pointers are merely exhibiting a bunch of pre-programmed social behaviors that don't actually match reality..

I don't see any of you empathetic over the genocides that happen each day, WHy's that..

man, ya'll a bunch of hypocrites..

And in other stories about uncles and cousins..  one of my uncles shot my cousin (his son) with a shotgun after the kid slept with my uncle's mistress..

he didn't die, but they made him move out.

Offline iri

« Reply #3113 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 04:03:40 »
19 years old, so young :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3114 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 04:11:36 »

Wow bro so sorry.

Sincerest condolences.

Doesn't matter that you didn't really know him, he's family, and too young for that to happen.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3115 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 13:47:37 »

Wow bro so sorry.

Sincerest condolences.

Doesn't matter that you didn't really know him, he's family, and too young for that to happen.

There is no age where you could say: "Ohhh getting shot, is ok.". But maybe he was some kind of trafficker and his family didn't know about it. If it is so then that's part of the job. But if he was someone legit then ****, I guess he didn't deserve it. Sorry for your loss anyway.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3116 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 17:57:29 »
TIFU..

so ... I didnt' google this.. I thought white vinegar is the same as rice vinegar.. n00b righ? yea,..

well.. so I made the damn rice.. and... every bite is like that warhead candy.... it's totally inedible..

You know... gdi.. the fact that the white vinegar was in the laundry cabinet rather than the kitchen cabinet should've tipped me off..

IDK why I thought they were the same..

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3117 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 18:54:30 »
TIFU..

so ... I didnt' google this.. I thought white vinegar is the same as rice vinegar.. n00b righ? yea,..

well.. so I made the damn rice.. and... every bite is like that warhead candy.... it's totally inedible..

You know... gdi.. the fact that the white vinegar was in the laundry cabinet rather than the kitchen cabinet should've tipped me off..

wow, you'd think the rice master would've thought better
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3118 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 19:19:21 »
TIFU..

wow, you'd think the rice master would've thought better

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3119 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 00:41:10 »
I sucesfully put a differnet layout on my JD40 using the Easy AVR tool and the teensy loader from PRJC.   I tried using Flip but kept getting an error message wanting the some usb.dll file.  Now I just need to get used to this different layout.  Didn't change a whole lot but moved the Fn to space as tap key and put the punctuation in a more traditional layout.  Here is my layout.

84064-0

I have set the max hold time all the way down to 100 seconds. Not sure if I like it this low but I seem to hit keys on the function layer a lot less.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #3120 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 00:48:17 »

And in other stories about uncles and cousins..  one of my uncles shot my cousin (his son) with a shotgun after the kid slept with my uncle's mistress..
Show Image

W0T?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3121 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 01:53:54 »

Show Image

W0T?

i no righ?

The whole family thought it was hilarious..

I saw a picture of the mistress, she's quite pretty..  it's weird though, cuz despite her being much younger than my uncle, she's still 10 years older than my cousin..

Offline compgeke

« Reply #3122 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 14:57:41 »
So far made this mower half run.

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 December 2014, 14:59:48 by compgeke »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3123 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 14:59:12 »

Code: [Select]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jUHiKjBsVU[/youtube]

take the s out your link, it should look as quoted
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline compgeke

« Reply #3124 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 15:00:22 »
That's better. I was just screwing around in post preview trying to figure that out.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #3125 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 16:56:24 »

Are you mowing in the rain? You madman!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3126 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:26:51 »

From what I have been told it is healthier for the grass to mow when it is wet.  Plus it helps the blade stay sharp longer as the dew and the oils in the grass help lubricate and the grass cuts more than tears.

Today I finished assembling and trouble shooting the GH36 I am building up for the wife.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3127 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:27:37 »
I got paid to eat a catered lunch and drive go karts. My team got second place!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3128 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:40:44 »
From what I have been told it is healthier for the grass to mow when it is wet.  Plus it helps the blade stay sharp longer as the dew and the oils in the grass help lubricate and the grass cuts more than tears.

Today I finished assembling and trouble shooting the GH36 I am building up for the wife.

Is it not then a nightmare to clean?

I am doing my first full day of typing on my Nuclear set. Hoooooooly crap does this feel so much better than those horrible WASD ABS caps... GOD I LOVE IT.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3129 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:52:30 »
I got paid to eat a catered lunch and drive go karts. My team got second place!

Sounds like a good day. Catered food is always way better than it needs to be.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #3130 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:54:36 »
Took a 7 hour train ride back from Berlin. I had a reunion this weekend with a small group of friends from my old Erasmus group.
It was awesome!

I believe my Club Mate collection is coming together quite nicely.

Unlike other energy drinks, Clube Mate is low on sugar and the prime ingredient that gives it a kick is yerba mat�, a South American jungle plant that is high in caffeine.There are about 100 milligrams of caffeine in each 500 millilitre bottle.
Now I am not a Hacktivist (EDIT: Let me try again, I am not a software engineer or something similar) at all but this is really the only 'energydrink' I actually like.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 December 2014, 18:05:51 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline compgeke

« Reply #3131 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 18:52:20 »

Not quite. I don't have a guard in it or a bag for it so it just shoots everything out the back.

I am trying to make it run right though. It'll only stay running choked and it's running too slow - smells like it's running rich. I'll have to screw with the carb adjustments later as well as find out if it has a gas leak because it's drinking gas but I can't tell if it's leaking or not because of the rain.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3132 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 19:51:24 »
i baked

2 more pics in here

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3133 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 19:58:44 »
Changed the oil in the wife's car
helped a friend remove the cylinder head from his three wheeler to have some machine work done to it
same friend also had to sell a bunch of stuff from his fab shop due to a messy divorce so I no longer have access to a mill

It was a sad day.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3134 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 19:59:53 »
helped a friend remove the cylinder head from his three wheeler to have some machine work done to it
same friend also had to sell a bunch of stuff from his fab shop due to a messy divorce so I no longer have access to a mill

It was a sad day.

:(

I'd give you some of my pie if you were closer

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3135 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 20:04:13 »

It was a sad day.

:(

I'd give you some of my pie if you were closer

I would take the recipe instead.  That thing looks awesome.  I will trade for my carrot cake recipe.  The folks at Hoffmans meetup can vouch for it.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3136 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 20:04:34 »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3137 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 22:05:53 »

i baked

Show Image

2 more pics in here

Whoa, man, that looks awesome!  Are you willing to share the recipe?  I'd love to try my hand at that one.
I'm back.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3138 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 23:03:42 »
I spent too much money on too many things.

Shipping costs don't half kill me, especially when I jump the gun and buy two lots of switches from mk.com at different times...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3139 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 02:59:43 »
i baked

Show Image

2 more pics in here

Well done, seriously! Except from the great visual, is it a normal apple pie?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3140 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 06:40:57 »
i baked

Show Image

2 more pics in here

rose apple pie
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3141 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 07:56:04 »
i baked

Show Image

2 more pics in here

rose apple pie

Used rose jam? Or are you just fooling me around?  :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3142 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 07:58:21 »
Just printed a 500+ page manual......wonder how long this will take....

edit: and it is done!  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 December 2014, 08:14:23 by SpAmRaY »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3143 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:03:10 »

16 minutes, not bad...  ~31 pages per minute.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3144 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:07:24 »

16 minutes, not bad...  ~31 pages per minute.

All total it was 556 pages :thumb:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3145 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:15:30 »
Reading up on the Russian crisis and trying to find reviews of Russian Post as an order I have is making its way across Russia. I learnt a couple of things;
-it's amazing easy to control and manage perception of the world when your in power
-russia is big
-russian post isn't great

I wonder what else I'll learn by the end of today ^^

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
What did you do today?
« Reply #3146 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:15:32 »
Hope you did that printing at work brah
I'm back.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3147 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:16:05 »
I was just complimented by the CEO of my company, and given an 85¢ raise.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3148 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:16:55 »

Every little bit helps?
I'm back.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3149 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:22:49 »

Every little bit helps?

Especially considering I've been making minimum wage for the past year and three months...

And in actuality, it's more like a $1.50 raise because it's an 85¢ raise on the new minimum wage starting in January.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:28:02 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread