Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423228 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #3250 on: Thu, 25 December 2014, 10:25:05 »
Well since both the wife and I both play WoW, and this expansions legendary is a ring.  I sent her on a legendary quest line (scavenger hunt around the house) for her gift (mothers ring with hers and both kids birthstones).
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3251 on: Thu, 25 December 2014, 12:18:07 »
Well since both the wife and I both play WoW, and this expansions legendary is a ring.  I sent her on a legendary quest line (scavenger hunt around the house) for her gift (mothers ring with hers and both kids birthstones).

will your kids play wow?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3252 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 01:04:45 »
Took apart my SNES, gave her a RetroBrite bath and cleaned all surfaces and contacts inside. Runs almost like new.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3253 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 01:06:09 »

will your kids play wow?

Probably not just due to Blizzard saying they will not go past level 100 and my oldest is 6.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #3254 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 11:16:02 »
Got these two chunks ready.

Removed the skin, toasted fennel and rubbed with salt, boil for 1 hour and roast in the oven

The 2 shoulders got a rub with cayenne, garlic, loads of salt, brown sugar, thyme, toasted coriander seeds, black peppercorns, cumin seed, ready for 6-7 hours cooking tomorrow. Gonna be sweeeeeeet!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3255 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 13:04:46 »

Removed the skin, toasted fennel and rubbed with salt, boil for 1 hour and roast in the oven

The 2 shoulders got a rub with cayenne, garlic, loads of salt, brown sugar, thyme, toasted coriander seeds, black peppercorns, cumin seed, ready for 6-7 hours cooking tomorrow. Gonna be sweeeeeeet!

Show Image

I think you forgot my invite mang .
Joke asides it looks bueno .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3256 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 13:28:19 »

Show Image

I think you forgot my invite mang .
Joke asides it looks bueno .

what is it..  beef ?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3257 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 17:43:31 »

Show Image

Damn, I bet you dropped my invitation at the same you did for azhdar's! It looks delicious and your description is nice too!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3258 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 17:46:13 »
Trying to get my parents new smart phones setup before I leave but it isn't looking good. Porting numbers is taking entirely too long.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #3259 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 18:00:20 »
HBO is running a "The Wire" marathon today that has been remastered in picture quality, doing all seasons over the next few days, it's awesome going back and watching this show, definitely one of my all time favorites.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #3260 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 18:50:29 »
They are pork shoulders bros. I'd love to get a geekhack cook going down at my place, that would be amazing

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3261 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 19:10:48 »
They are pork shoulders bros. I'd love to get a geekhack cook going down at my place, that would be amazing
That's the moment I bet that we don't live in the same country. ** cries inside **

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3262 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 03:03:10 »
spent ages fiddling with battlefield 3 and 4 only to find out their sound files equal 35gigs per game (at least) in wav format

o h  b o y
but their sound design is so ****ing good

there isnt a single game i own whose sound files, textures, decals etc. havent been scavanged by me, does anyone else share this weird interest of digging out parts of games?? or am i just weird???
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #3263 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 04:41:55 »
I did that back in the days (before you existed), now I am not gaming any more.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline crocona

« Reply #3264 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 07:00:27 »
drink drink drink. it is the holidays after all  :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3265 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 07:39:23 »
spent ages fiddling with battlefield 3 and 4 only to find out their sound files equal 35gigs per game (at least) in wav format

o h  b o y

there isnt a single game i own whose sound files, textures, decals etc. havent been scavanged by me, does anyone else share this weird interest of digging out parts of games?? or am i just weird???

anything to which the purpose-of is unclear is weird..

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #3266 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 08:31:52 »
That's the moment I bet that we don't live in the same country. ** cries inside **

GH EU MEET GO GO GO

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3267 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 08:52:03 »

GH EU MEET GO GO GO
If we want to make an inter country meet up we would need to find a place to gather in one country and meet everybody there! Do you have a big house?

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #3268 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 08:52:51 »
Its relatively big, but I don't think my mom and sister would be very happy  :))

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3269 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 10:33:37 »
I could make something happen in France
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3270 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 12:04:14 »

I could see myself flying to France.  ;)

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3271 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 13:09:41 »
Just finished band modding my white HHKB. It feels so much better. Woo.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3272 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 13:58:36 »
What did you do to it?

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3273 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 14:08:03 »
What did you do to it?
This: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34972.0

I have two HHKB (black and white) and completed the band mod on the black board earlier this year, which I have loved. I decided to do the white board, as I'll be using it at work and share an office with one guy. It quiets the board down a little, but also makes the keys a bit more stiff, in my opinion. Generally, for me, it's a much better-feeling board after.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3274 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 14:09:00 »

What did you do to it?
This: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34972.0

I have two HHKB (black and white) and completed the band mod on the black board earlier this year, which I have loved. I decided to do the white board, as I'll be using it at work and share an office with one guy. It quiets the board down a little, but also makes the keys a bit more stiff, in my opinion. Generally, for me, it's a much better-feeling board after.
Is it easy? I might do that when mine comes.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3275 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 17:42:55 »

That's a fairly open-ended thing to say :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3276 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 18:34:17 »
Watched The Interview. It was mediocre.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3277 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 19:04:29 »
I have wanted to watch it since it was announced since Franco and Rogen are 2 of my favorite actors, but since it came out I have just been putting it off.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3278 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 21:33:13 »
I have wanted to watch it since it was announced since Franco and Rogen are 2 of my favorite actors, but since it came out I have just been putting it off.

They work really well together, and it is really funny at times. But there was no way it could live up to the hype. The jokes were pretty obvious, and it didn't really look like a very high budget movie at all.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3279 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 21:34:28 »

They work really well together, and it is really funny at times. But there was no way it could live up to the hype. The jokes were pretty obvious, and it didn't really look like a very high budget movie at all.
Just from the previews your description is accurate

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3280 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 00:28:43 »

o h  b o y

anything to which the purpose-of is unclear is weird..
entertainment and sometimes practical uses i guess
i may wanna have a little go at the new MGS game if i get it, i kinda want to, and msybe arma 3 as well
i renember taking apart watch_dogs, the game was put together like a ****ing mess, it was probably organised during development and then they put all the different elements in one folder for each different thing
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3281 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 03:18:36 »
Yesterday I drove with a group of friends to a ski resort. We have now spent 13h blocked in a traffic jam with -5°C for temperature between today and  yesterday. 50km traffic jam yesterday and now we are blocked 3km before the ski resort for 3h30 so far. ****in' holidays!

Offline iri

« Reply #3282 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 04:36:25 »
Rented a very nice hotel room in the Moscow downtown for $25. Went to two photo and graphic exhibitions. Went to see a new metro station. Drank in a forest when it was -15 outside.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3283 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 04:41:31 »
I had pizza for dinner.

Seriously.

Napoletana.

My other half had half something and half hawaiian.

The offspring had a ham pizza.

Yum :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #3284 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 08:13:41 »
Nursing a hangover  :'(

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3285 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 11:52:40 »

It's not even new years yet!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3286 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 11:57:43 »

It's not even new years yet!
He's overseas and a few days ahead of us. Don't you know how international date lines work? Yeesh. Kids these days.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #3287 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 12:37:56 »
Except, that you guys are only like 5-10 hours behind GMT, unless theres a joke there that I missed.

Anyway, last night was heavy. All I can remember was dancing and drinking neat Jaeger from the bottle #NOSHAME. Ordered a curry, starting to feel human again

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3288 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 12:46:56 »
It's definitely a joke.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline iri

« Reply #3289 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 16:50:30 »
Except, that you guys are only like 5-10 hours behind GMT, unless theres a joke there that I missed.
your hangover seems to be really bad!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #3290 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 17:11:23 »
Lol it probably is :/

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3291 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 00:33:17 »
Took my mom's car to the shop for scheduled maintenance and was cited on the way back for an expired license plate sticker.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3292 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 20:14:02 »

Anyway, last night was heavy. All I can remember was dancing and drinking neat Jaeger from the bottle #NOSHAME. Ordered a curry, starting to feel human again
You must be in the UK if curry is your after drinking grub.

Here in Montreal it is usually poutine, Lebanese food or pizza.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3293 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 20:22:21 »
Booyah! I got my personal effects cleared through customs. I will, once again, be reunited with my worldly possessions soon!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3294 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 21:20:56 »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3295 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 21:23:20 »
I bought an HHKB, not sure how to feel.  :confused:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3296 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 21:23:59 »

Feel good.   ^-^

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3297 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 21:24:47 »
Just wait until you sell it then later decide to buy it again.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3298 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 21:26:54 »

I know that feeling.  The denial that you just spent that much, the acceptance that you spent that much, then the joy that you got something with that cool of a layout and that feels that nice to type on.  It took me a little bit of time to get over the sticker shock, but I'm happy with it.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3299 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 21:27:25 »

Feel good.   ^-^

I think I love it as soon as I'm able to get 55g domes.  :)

Just wait until you sell it then later decide to buy it again.

I've done that quite a few times with slacklines. I'd rather not start doing that with keyboards too.