Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423218 times)

Offline iri

Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #3700 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 12:24:10 »

http://www.overseas-exile.com/2013/03/the-four-stages-of-expat-life.html
my future homesickness would be easily cured by two days back in russia (Attachment Link)

I lived in China for 13 years. Funny how it made me appreciate my own country so much more. I'm sure it's the same for you. Good luck!
i'm just kidding. thank you.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3701 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 12:56:10 »

my future homesickness would be easily cured by two days back in russia (Attachment Link)

I lived in China for 13 years. Funny how it made me appreciate my own country so much more. I'm sure it's the same for you. Good luck!

Ah, okay, I feel dumb. I thought you really liked Russia?!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline iri

« Reply #3702 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 13:24:02 »

please stop feeling dumb immediately :p
It would be difficult for me to leave my gorgeous, fabulous, one of a kind hometown. A little relief is that it will happen in winter, when the weather is harsh, the beach season is over, and I can't sit on the river bank lazily drinking champagne watching as the ships go by in the ever changing lights off the Troitskiy bridge.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3703 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 17:42:52 »

please stop feeling dumb immediately
It would be difficult for me to leave my gorgeous, fabulous, one of a kind hometown. A little relief is that it will happen in winter, when the weather is harsh, the beach season is over, and I can't sit on the river bank lazily drinking champagne watching as the ships go by in the ever changing lights off the Troitskiy bridge.
Damn I want to see that. Such a nice description .

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3704 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 18:10:22 »
If you ask them how far it is to something, they'll tell you in minutes (WTF!?).

We do this all the time in the midwest.  I'm not sure if it's common elsewhere though. 

It makes so much sense though.  If something is 10 miles away on back country roads going through tiny towns, it'll take you 30 minutes to get there.  If it's 10 miles away on the freeway, it'll take you 10 minutes.  Wouldn't you want to know how long it would take you to get there, rather than how many miles you'll be putting on your car?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3705 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 18:25:05 »
If you ask them how far it is to something, they'll tell you in minutes (WTF!?).

We do this all the time in the midwest.  I'm not sure if it's common elsewhere though. 

It makes so much sense though.  If something is 10 miles away on back country roads going through tiny towns, it'll take you 30 minutes to get there.  If it's 10 miles away on the freeway, it'll take you 10 minutes.  Wouldn't you want to know how long it would take you to get there, rather than how many miles you'll be putting on your car?

i do this. far easier to tell you how long it will take you than how far it is.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3706 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 18:41:25 »

See, that's the thing. The problem is two fold. It assumes:

• You know how the other person is traveling (e.g. by foot, by car, by public transit).
  • You know how the road, walkway, or transit systems are operating.

In other words, giving me a travel time rather than distance does me little to no good. I would much rather know that I have to travel x kilometers or miles. So much more useful. From there, I can do my own calculations based on variables that you may not be aware of.

Anyway. On the topic of subjectivity, the other thing that kills me here is the insistence on using "wind chill" as the ultimate measure of temperature. So you always know how fast the wind will be blowing, eh? GOOD JOB, GOD.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3707 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 18:45:56 »

• You know how the other person is traveling (e.g. by foot, by car, by public transit).

In other words, giving me a travel time rather than distance does me little to no good. I would much rather know that I have to travel x kilometers or miles. So much more useful. From there, I can do my own calculations based on variables that you may not be aware of.

Anyway. On the topic of subjectivity, the other thing that kills me here is the insistence on using "wind chill" as the ultimate measure of temperature. So you always know how fast the wind will be blowing, eh? GOOD JOB, GOD.

Where are you from originally?

Because in cold climates, wind chill is incredibly important.  It doesn't matter that the air temperature is 0 degF, what matters is that it will feel like it's -20 degF when you're in the wind.  You plan for that, and it's a happy accident when the wind isn't blowing.

And sure, if there's a chance you'd walk somewhere then time isn't helpful.  If you're in a big city, that wouldn't make as much sense.  But when everywhere you're going is by car, time is far more useful, because you know that the person will be travelling by car.  And you'd need to explain to them the speed limits on all the roads they'd take in order for them to calculate distance / speed to figure out time...   :confused:

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #3708 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 19:16:42 »
Because in cold climates, wind chill is incredibly important.  It doesn't matter that the air temperature is 0 degF, what matters is that it will feel like it's -20 degF when you're in the wind.  You plan for that, and it's a happy accident when the wind isn't blowing.

And sure, if there's a chance you'd walk somewhere then time isn't helpful.  If you're in a big city, that wouldn't make as much sense.  But when everywhere you're going is by car, time is far more useful, because you know that the person will be travelling by car.  And you'd need to explain to them the speed limits on all the roads they'd take in order for them to calculate distance / speed to figure out time...   :confused:
Exactly. I was cycling back home from work today and had a nice headwind. It's just below freezing here and with a 90% humidity (because we are so close to the sea) and with wind speeds at 29-38 Km/h the cold was giving me a headache. Granted, I wasn't wearing a beanie or anything because I hate wearing anything on my head but I needed wool sweater + down jacket + wind/waterproof shell to keep warm.
But for my hands a simple windproof pair of gloves was just fine.

We've had friends from Russia over last winter and even thought they came from -30C temperatures, they were absolutely freezing to the point that we had to go back home and give them some of our clothing. Humidity + wind = cold & miserable if you are not prepared.

As to the whole distance thing. Inside of the city I would use Km but on the highway time is much easier. I have no idea how far it is to Amsterdam from here but I do know it is something like 45 mins. Going there tomorrow. :cool:

Inside of the city 7 Km probably gets you something like this:
- 20 mins by tram (If you catch it on time, otherwise +10)
- 30 mins by bus
- 25 mins by bike (for me, my sister f.e. will take 40 mind)
- 25 mins by car + time to find a parking spot
- 1,5 hours walking :D

Also relevant:
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3709 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:33:45 »
Just finished John Wick.. Damn.. Keanu's been playing dem' call of dooty it seems.

It feels like they remade equilibrium.. with the same gunkata esque run through.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3710 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:41:35 »
Stickers and sprits 68g gold springs. Feels like more effort than it might be worth, but I'm enjoying the experience. Very tedious indeed.

Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3711 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:50:42 »
Stickers and sprits 68g gold springs. Feels like more effort than it might be worth, but I'm enjoying the experience. Very tedious indeed.

Show Image

Where did you get your stickers from? techkeys?

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3712 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:55:27 »

Show Image

Where did you get your stickers from? techkeys?

Yes.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3713 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 22:02:52 »
Completely killed a countersink bit by getting to aggressive at the start.  Time to order a new one and only use it in a drill press.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #3714 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 22:25:41 »
I couldn't sleep, so I cleaned & dryed a few thousands O-rings !

;D

« Last Edit: Fri, 23 January 2015, 22:27:41 by Lpwl »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3715 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:29:40 »
Made some crude wrist wrests for my HHKB and Poker, but I plan on working on them some more tomorrow to give them some curve, and flatten them out as they are now warped for some reason, and straighten out where I curved a little bit. Once I get them to the shape I want, I plan on staining them probably blue or something.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3716 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:54:18 »
Made some crude wrist wrests for my HHKB and Poker, but I plan on working on them some more tomorrow to give them some curve, and flatten them out as they are now warped for some reason, and straighten out where I curved a little bit. Once I get them to the shape I want, I plan on staining them probably blue or something.
Show Image

Let them sit in the room you plan on using them in for a few week to a month or so.  The reason they start warping is because the moisture content starts changing and it does so fastest on cut edges especially end grain.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3717 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 23:58:32 »
Show Image

Let them sit in the room you plan on using them in for a few week to a month or so.  The reason they start warping is because the moisture content starts changing and it does so fastest on cut edges especially end grain.
Makes sense, I also placed them under running water to clean off the garage dirt, and now that they have started drying, they aren't nearly as wobbly and curved.

Offline iri

« Reply #3718 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 11:53:06 »
We've had friends from Russia over last winter and even thought they came from -30C temperatures, they were absolutely freezing to the point that we had to go back home and give them some of our clothing.
those were the siberians, i guess? they always require care in the winter cold.

i cycle in temperatures down to -20. wind chill is not as important as the wind's ability to move, considering that you wear modern windproof clothes.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3719 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 12:08:30 »
made ****ty phone wallpapers
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3720 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 14:42:07 »
and signature's new signature
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3721 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 14:55:50 »
More

Hoff, I'm from the midwest. I'm used to cold. I'm used to wind. And I'm used to getting to anything I need by car. However, I like standards. I want to know ambient temperature, because wind isn't constant. I know how to compute for wind chill in my head. Is it 10F out? Okay, so, layers!

And for getting places, yeah. I'm in a giant city now. I am going to walk or take the metro. Driving is a pointless endeavor and too costly. So telling me how long it is to somewhere is useless. Walking is dependent upon so many factors. And the metro? A freaking joke in this city. A serious and sad joke.

Anyway. I'll stop ranting a bit.

The only time/distance thing I'm willing to accept is light-year, but that's a constant, too.

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #3722 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 15:21:28 »
caught up with a friend I haven't talked to in a long time. Accidentally wrote "huhu" at one point because I didn't let U come all the way back up and my finger pressed it back in when I went to press enter

maybe I might do better with some heavier keys...
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline hking0036

« Reply #3723 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 16:27:38 »
I got to sit around and play new vegas on my PS3. It's not nearly as good as on PC, I'm down 115 mods. Also I decided it's time to start searching for a 60% because I just got a check for $125 and that sounds like a nice thing to have.
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline iri

« Reply #3724 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 16:29:30 »
More

Hoff, I'm from the midwest. I'm used to cold. I'm used to wind. And I'm used to getting to anything I need by car. However, I like standards. I want to know ambient temperature, because wind isn't constant. I know how to compute for wind chill in my head. Is it 10F out? Okay, so, layers!

And for getting places, yeah. I'm in a giant city now. I am going to walk or take the metro. Driving is a pointless endeavor and too costly. So telling me how long it is to somewhere is useless. Walking is dependent upon so many factors. And the metro? A freaking joke in this city. A serious and sad joke.
when the whole city is covered by the metro system that works like a swiss watch, travel time in minutes starts making sense.
my trip to work in moscow always took 45 ± 1 minutes.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3725 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 16:45:57 »

Anyway. I'll stop ranting a bit.

The only time/distance thing I'm willing to accept is light-year, but that's a constant, too.

:-[  I didn't know where you were from (or where you went to, for that matter)!  I always thought you were from somewhere more southern.  At any rate, I can see where you're coming from with your argument, but I know that I would prefer to hear travel times so I don't have to ask for clarification on what sort of road I'd be taking. 

* HoffmanMyster shrugs.

To each his own.   :-*

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3726 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 21:52:28 »
Did a lot of cleaning and packing. Now I'm playing with roms on my moto x.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3727 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 22:22:01 »
Met and ate lunch with Ivan

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=lipgdpjvdi7uv61lvij64i17ikckcptl&topic=63161.0
« Reply #3728 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 22:44:49 »
Napa valley today!
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #3729 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 22:46:31 »
Went to Dale's Bros Brewery in Upland :x, finally got out of LA
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3730 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 22:49:56 »
Shot my brother with an airsoft gun. haha
Keyboards
More

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3731 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 23:02:54 »
Been looking at new wheels for my car. I really want to buy some old Porsche alloys :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3732 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 23:26:17 »
Been looking at new wheels for my car. I really want to buy some old Porsche alloys :(

What car do you have?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3733 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 01:38:24 »

What car do you have?

He has a MkII Golf.  ;)  and I'm jealous.  :))

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3734 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 01:47:45 »

What car do you have?

MkIIs are sick, those Porsche alloys would looks awesome on it!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3735 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 07:53:32 »

quality family time
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3736 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 19:17:47 »
Got the garage in our new house ready for epoxy floors. Degreased, washed, and acid etched the first half. Will epoxy that half tomorrow. The wait 2 days to move everything over onto the new epoxy, and do the other half. Lots of work, but will be pretty sweet when I get done.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3737 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 19:30:58 »
unlocked, rooted and setup two new phones and got them activated

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #3738 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 19:45:29 »

What car do you have?

I miss my 86 Jetta.  My spare-parts engine build was pretty mild compared to my MK1 GLI, but still made 50% more power than stock with same number of valves and displacement (and n/a still).  Was a fun car, sometimes I wish I didn't sell it to buy my BMW.

Today I put 800 rounds through a Ruger 10/22.  Didn't think I'd be able to do it in one day, but it only took 3 hours lol.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3739 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 19:47:31 »
Today was a pretty lazy Sunday. Dusted out my tower. I went longer than I should have between cleanings so it was a bit surprising how much dust was there.

quality family time

I borrowed the gun from my youngest brother and this one didn't believe it would sting. It's roughly equivalent to a hornet or wasp. It was at his request, but being that I'm the oldest, I was going to do it anyway.
Keyboards
More

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3740 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 20:07:44 »

What car do you have?

MkIIs are sick, those Porsche alloys would looks awesome on it!

Yes they would, did you see the picture I put on Snapchat of them? *drool*

I miss my 86 Jetta.  My spare-parts engine build was pretty mild compared to my MK1 GLI, but still made 50% more power than stock with same number of valves and displacement (and n/a still).  Was a fun car, sometimes I wish I didn't sell it to buy my BMW.

Today I put 800 rounds through a Ruger 10/22.  Didn't think I'd be able to do it in one day, but it only took 3 hours lol.

Guh. I would just love a Jetta. Or just any VW older than the one I have at the moment in addition to the one I currently have :P

And how the hell did you manage to shoot 800 rounds off?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3741 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 21:12:44 »
My mother-in-law came over and took care of my little man for a few hours today so I "could get work done". I finally got my plate builder live.

Its not finished, but at least you guys can play with it now.

http://builder.swillkb.com
(DNS may not have propagated world wide yet, so that link may not work for everyone yet).

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3742 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 21:14:17 »

quality family time

I borrowed the gun from my youngest brother and this one didn't believe it would sting. It's roughly equivalent to a hornet or wasp. It was at his request, but being that I'm the oldest, I was going to do it anyway.
holy ****
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3743 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 21:27:04 »
My mother-in-law came over and took care of my little man for a few hours today so I "could get work done". I finally got my plate builder live.

Its not finished, but at least you guys can play with it now.

http://builder.swillkb.com
(DNS may not have propagated world wide yet, so that link may not work for everyone yet).

that's freaking cool dude

so it the word propogate

coolest word in english IMO
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #3744 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 21:41:27 »

Guh. I would just love a Jetta. Or just any VW older than the one I have at the moment in addition to the one I currently have :P

I'm a VW specialist mechanic, I see all kinds! One of our customers has a mint 92 Jetta 2-door that I'd buy in a heartbeat if she were ever to consider selling.  My MK1 GLI is a rare 2-door, my 86 was a 4-door but I allowed it because sleeper. :cool:

I had almost 300 rounds of my dad's old stuff that I burned through, then started in on a 500 box of ****ty Remington.  I didn't want to have to clean the gun twice after dirty Remington, so I just kept going lol.  10-round magazine got a lot of use.  It's too bad there's a shortage of 22LR, I'd rather not use dirty-ass ammunition again.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3745 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 21:47:11 »
I'm a VW specialist mechanic, I see all kinds! One of our customers has a mint 92 Jetta 2-door that I'd buy in a heartbeat if she were ever to consider selling.  My MK1 GLI is a rare 2-door, my 86 was a 4-door but I allowed it because sleeper. :cool:

I had almost 300 rounds of my dad's old stuff that I burned through, then started in on a 500 box of ****ty Remington.  I didn't want to have to clean the gun twice after dirty Remington, so I just kept going lol.  10-round magazine got a lot of use.  It's too bad there's a shortage of 22LR, I'd rather not use dirty-ass ammunition again.

Wow, you must see some pretty awesome vehicles from time to time then! I would love to see some pictures :) I'm cleaning my car this week and I won some 14 inch steels on eBay too, so I will take some pictures of mine soon :)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3746 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 21:49:56 »

Oh wow! That was going to be my one question, if you used that stock 10rnd mag. I was thinking you were loading some aftermarket high capacity mag. What a pain in the fingers. The 10/22 is one of my favorite guns I own to shoot. It's really fun and quite accurate.
Keyboards
More

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3747 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 21:57:14 »

Oh wow! That was going to be my one question, if you used that stock 10rnd mag. I was thinking you were loading some aftermarket high capacity mag. What a pain in the fingers. The 10/22 is one of my favorite guns I own to shoot. It's really fun and quite accurate.

I hear that on the dirty remmington ammo.  I do have to give them credit where it is due.  I got about a thousand rounds from my dad after that ammo went through a flood and was underwater for about 3 weeks or so.  Not one missfire, jam, or anything from a Marlin semi-auto rifle.  All of it was .22LR.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3748 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 23:20:18 »
Rebuilt an RF 87U, ordered shipping supplies, and watched Donnie Darko.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3749 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 23:22:48 »
Rebuilt an RF 87U, ordered shipping supplies, and watched Donnie Darko.

I didn't like Donnie Darko.. i guess mostly due to over-hype..

Funny.. cuz I also didn't like the 87u.. ALSO due to over-hype..