Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423292 times)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #4000 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 19:35:07 »
I just a couple hours modding my HHKB and Realforce 23UB into 55g, and then converted my Realforce 87UB into a hybrid where the entire keyboard is 45g except 55g in the spacebar, ESC, enter, and backspace.

Absolutely loving how each one feels! Don't know why I waited this long to do it.

Ooh. Very nice!  :)  Is the HHKB your main driver now?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #4001 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 19:36:52 »
I just a couple hours modding my HHKB and Realforce 23UB into 55g, and then converted my Realforce 87UB into a hybrid where the entire keyboard is 45g except 55g in the spacebar, ESC, enter, and backspace.

Absolutely loving how each one feels! Don't know why I waited this long to do it.

Ooh. Very nice!  :)  Is the HHKB your main driver now?

Hehe, thanks! My HHKB and Filco (ergo clears) have always been my two main drivers. That won't ever change, but even more so the HHKB now because it feels so damn good to type on it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4002 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 19:48:47 »
i don't live in the usa. my location says i live in russia. and sure. if they agree to sponsor my visa, i'll join the visa lottery for 2016 =D

But surely they would know you live in the land of Rus. If you get the job, the work Visa will no doubt be sorted out by them. I would want them to sort it for me too, seeing as I have absolutely no idea how the US immigration policy works.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #4003 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 20:02:41 »
Ran into a seagull that wasn't fast enough this morning, grill goosed its tail feathers then it sped up a bunch and flew higher.  Jackass seagulls, lol.

Discovered a giant window in a Mini's transmission.  I knew they're fragile as f***, but not so much in the self-ejecting-parts department.
Show Image

Then I pulled a VW Vanagon engine out and stripped it to the case. Tomorrow I bust open the case and start cleaning/machining.

Just another day at work, nothing too abnormal.

Those case aluminum casings do get fairly brittle. 

How is the VW engine looking?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4004 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 00:09:18 »

Installed a car radio for the first time, now I can use my phone over my vehicle speakers.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4005 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 00:19:25 »
Show Image

Installed a car radio for the first time, now I can use my phone over my vehicle speakers.

It's awesome being able to do that. But for some reason Spotify won't work over mine. Which is weird and very annoying.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4006 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 04:21:18 »
I dreamed that Hwood, Hoff, Bro, Azhdar, some other people and I gathered IRL. I don't remember much of what we have done but I remember that they were mean because they didn't want to told me which was their respective geekhacker name. So I knew who composed that crowd but didn't know which one was whom.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #4007 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 04:50:20 »
I dreamed that Hwood, Hoff, Bro, Azhdar, some other people and I gathered IRL. I don't remember much of what we have done but I remember that they were mean because they didn't want to told me which was their respective geekhacker name. So I knew who composed that crowd but didn't know which one was whom.
Please stop dreaming about me, it's making me uncomfortable.
And now you're adding me on skype.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline iri

« Reply #4008 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 06:46:05 »
wrote a second message to my landlord telling that i'm about to leave. ordered 6 cubic meters of volume for transporting my stuff. bought new bike pedals. got a haircut.
dear gay barber shop, i will miss you.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4009 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 09:21:50 »
Show Image

Haha. Don't worry.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4010 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:44:38 »
wrote a second message to my landlord telling that i'm about to leave. ordered 6 cubic meters of volume for transporting my stuff. bought new bike pedals. got a haircut.
'

If you're moving to silicon valley, you'll find another gay barber shop
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #4011 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:47:47 »
'

Pretty sure that's racist.

Anyway, I found the meaning of life today.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4012 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:48:57 »

You're actually up and leaving for the valleys?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4013 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 10:49:05 »
'

i didn't know gay was a race that adds an entire other level of complexity

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #4014 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 11:12:06 »
'

Doug Ford helped further define racism last year: https://nowtoronto.com/news/doug-ford-redefines-racism/

"You can be racist against people that eat little red apples, you can be racist against people that have a drinking problem, you can be racist against people that are too fat. So that's my answer to that," he said.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4015 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 11:17:44 »
'

Doug Ford helped further define racism last year: https://nowtoronto.com/news/doug-ford-redefines-racism/

"You can be racist against people that eat little red apples, you can be racist against people that have a drinking problem, you can be racist against people that are too fat. So that's my answer to that," he said.

Oh in that case crackhead is also a race

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #4016 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 11:18:21 »
'

Now you got it!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4017 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 11:21:14 »
'

it is as much society's fault as it is the crack-addict's fault that it has turned out that way..

sigh...

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #4018 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 11:21:44 »
Fixed all the issues with my F, now I believe I am ready to take some video clips and do a floss mod.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #4019 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 13:06:36 »
Tried to finish work on my WM for linex, but child windows confuse me.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4020 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 18:08:30 »
Show Image

LOL, I think it's hilarious.   :))

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4021 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 18:28:31 »
Show Image

I dream of hoff on the daily

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4022 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 18:29:33 »
Show Image

You only want him for his artisan caps!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #4023 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 18:32:04 »
Show Image

he's still considering modding his bro to fit on novatouch so that's why he dreamt of bro.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4024 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 19:49:45 »
Show Image

he's still considering modding his bro to fit on novatouch so that's why he dreamt of bro.
Yeah I guess that's why. I don't want to damage his work but I feel it could be ok. Just a bit afraid that I may be wrong.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
What did you do today?
« Reply #4025 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 22:47:24 »
Spent a few hours working to figure out how to patch an sprx file used by Netflix on the PS3 to remove the PSN login requirement

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f339/tutorial-easily-access-netflix-hulu-cfw-w-o-psn-qa-flagging-required-120899/index8.html#post1160048
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 February 2015, 01:42:40 by strict »

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4026 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 18:17:27 »
My other half wanted to wash my favourite slacks and shorts, so I tried on my slacks I used to wear about 20 years ago and they still fit :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #4027 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 19:47:59 »
Just got back from an Amon Amarth concert, they performed for almost 2hours, really insane.
And Huntress was amazing for an opening group.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4028 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:46:02 »
I went to 50 Shades of Grey with the squad. It was hilarious but still a mistake.

More
Only hilarious because we were stoned and Hunter was freaking out  :))
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #4029 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:46:57 »
I went to 50 Shades of Grey with the squad. It was hilarious but still a mistake.

More
Haha, sounds like an awesome time. :))

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4030 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:51:23 »

More

I'm really confused how a book could have been written. Jack **** happened in that movie.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #4031 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:52:00 »
Played through D3 while waiting on the CC sale.  :eek:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4032 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 01:03:55 »
8 and half hour Skype call with gf for Valentine's day. As it's now the 15th I'll be hibernating cuz it's gonna be below - 35 degrees out.
I love Elzy

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #4033 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 01:56:46 »

More

I'm really confused how a book could have been written. Jack **** happened in that movie.
I don't think the plot was really centeral to that book.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4034 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 02:01:16 »

More

well it was rated R. really think they're going to put period sex in that ****?

i've read reviews with excerpts of it and wow, what a horribly written book. also, apparently it's twilight fanfic and parts taken from a twilight parody.

point is, a lot of dumb ass bored housewives.

More

well if plot wasn't central to the book, then it would just be regular porn.

this was just a horribly written book.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #4035 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 02:05:53 »

Yeah, thats a more apt description.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4036 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 02:07:20 »

More

well it was rated R. really think they're going to put period sex in that ****?

i've read reviews with excerpts of it and wow, what a horribly written book. also, apparently it's twilight fanfic and parts taken from a twilight parody.

point is, a lot of dumb ass bored housewives.

More

True, I honestly didn't know what I was in for. I think the book is a lot of hype for nothing.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4037 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 02:10:15 »
if you get a chance read some of the reviews for the book.

specifically this one: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4038 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 02:27:56 »
if you get a chance read some of the reviews for the book.

specifically this one: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215

23 gifs makes anything worth reading.  ^-^

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #4039 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 03:48:02 »
lets all take some relationship advice from 50 shades and dropkick a girl you want to **** because physical abuse is ****ing hot according to that bestselling book
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #4040 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 07:40:52 »
Terrible day. About midday I started having some really chronic back pains, could barely move and I started going in and out of consciousness from the pain. By the time I got to the hospital I had lost the feeling in my arms and legs and this kicked off the worst anxiety attack I've ever had, doctors had to give me a morphine cap to get me to sleep and breathe normally. Once I woke up they basically brushed the whole thing off as an anxiety attack and said there was no point x-raying my back because it was 'probably muscular'.

****ing thanks doc, if my back is so ****ed it causes me to pass out you'd think you could actually spend a bit of time trying to diagnose it instead of just brushing me off.

Drives me nuts, I'm the last person to go to the doctors for no reason.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4041 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 08:08:36 »

Terrible day. About midday I started having some really chronic back pains, could barely move and I started going in and out of consciousness from the pain. By the time I got to the hospital I had lost the feeling in my arms and legs and this kicked off the worst anxiety attack I've ever had, doctors had to give me a morphine cap to get me to sleep and breathe normally. Once I woke up they basically brushed the whole thing off as an anxiety attack and said there was no point x-raying my back because it was 'probably muscular'.

****ing thanks doc, if my back is so ****ed it causes me to pass out you'd think you could actually spend a bit of time trying to diagnose it instead of just brushing me off.

Ouch man!!

I hope you are doing fine.

I still wait for you in that orgy in the sky, so don't you go into a hospital or anything! Come out well!!!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4042 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 08:26:27 »

Ouch man!!

I hope you are doing fine.

I still wait for you in that orgy in the sky, so don't you go into a hospital or anything! Come out well!!!
Cheers mate. They've given me some pretty mental painkillers so I'm probably going to be pretty useless for the next couple of days but hopefully this should give me some time to camp Clackvent :)
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4043 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 08:56:50 »
This man deserve a CC in the next Clackvent just for being so committed and dedicated!!!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4044 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 09:13:19 »
This man deserve a CC in the next Clackvent just for being so committed and dedicated!!!
All about the Clack lyfe!

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #4045 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 12:06:01 »
apparently the online retailer I go to for audio stuff is worse for prices than even Amazon Canada, so I'm probably going to end up spending my whole day trying to find a new one that at least SHIPS to canada
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4046 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 12:07:31 »
Made it just in time for breakfast at Hardee's. Oh yes.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4047 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 21:35:22 »
Had a conversation with a new acquaintance about my life up to this point and ended up self enlightening the crap out of myself. I honestly think I grew up a bit today, possibly a step closer to considering myself an adult.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4048 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 21:46:02 »
Met a bunch of new people. Got some big life decisions to make. Totally not keyboard related.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4049 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 03:08:58 »
Met a bunch of new people. Got some big life decisions to make. Totally not keyboard related.

Eventually, everything comes down to keyboards in the end ...