Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423345 times)

Offline billnye

• ability man
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #4800 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 07:02:22 »

I'm sitting in my final right now, it's time to kick ass and take names.
Good luck big boy :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4801 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 07:08:09 »
Spent yesterday and this lunch time reading up on and researching this ****; http://imgur.com/a/TwY6q

Chernobyl and Fukushima to try and better understand it all. It's amazing stuff, it really is. The power and energy involved and the physics is staggering. Even for pretty well established science its still pretty incredible that we are able to harness such immense power.
It's also so very sad to see all the people with agendas use these two examples as valid arguments against nuclear power. State ridiculous stats that are based on next to nothing, all in a bid to push more expensive, less efficient means of power generation that people then protest about being built.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4802 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 08:30:44 »
Spent yesterday and this lunch time reading up on and researching this ****; http://imgur.com/a/TwY6q

Chernobyl and Fukushima to try and better understand it all. It's amazing stuff, it really is. The power and energy involved and the physics is staggering. Even for pretty well established science its still pretty incredible that we are able to harness such immense power.
It's also so very sad to see all the people with agendas use these two examples as valid arguments against nuclear power. State ridiculous stats that are based on next to nothing, all in a bid to push more expensive, less efficient means of power generation that people then protest about being built.

Wow, that was an excellent read.   :thumb:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4803 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 08:35:45 »

The results of severe radiation sickness are mindbogglingly horrifying

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4804 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 09:08:30 »

I read that thing yesterday, it was pretty cool to read. I've always been fascinated by radiation and it's effects.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4805 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 09:14:03 »

I read that thing yesterday, it was pretty cool to read. I've always been fascinated by radiation and it's effects.

If we use up all the uranium to power our facebook, how are we going to build that Jumpstarter ship where a team of scientists travel for 2 years to deliver a nuclear-payload to reignite our dying sun.

Riddle me that..

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4806 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 09:17:35 »
I protested against German brown coal outside the head office of the energy company Vattenfall. Handed out leaflets and role-played.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 09:19:23 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4807 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 09:21:36 »
I protested against German brown coal outside the head office of the energy company Vattenfall. Handed out leaflets and role-played.

why did you protest this?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4808 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:20:16 »
Just walked a quarter mile to take the trash to the pickup location. I'm really out of shape.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4809 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 20:25:20 »
Just walked a quarter mile to take the trash to the pickup location. I'm really out of shape.

How far we've all fallen..

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #4810 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 21:29:03 »
Finally did something for my physics teacher that he wanted to be done in February.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #4811 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 22:37:40 »
Not much. Went to work and been checking the market place here and reddit for the pulse keycaps since I got home. No luck until now. :/ Excited for my new tkl tho. coming in couple weeks! :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4812 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 22:57:02 »

First world problem?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4813 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 23:53:29 »
not stall my car.

first time this week.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4814 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:03:21 »
Apologies for double posting.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4815 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:04:12 »
Try gaining 80 lbs in less than 1 year and you will know what out of shape means.

Today I cleaned up one of my sotrages in my house. Felt great that I can actually use it as a wine cellar again  :thumb:

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4816 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:23:52 »
Try gaining 80 lbs in less than 1 year and you will know what out of shape means.

Today I cleaned up one of my sotrages in my house. Felt great that I can actually use it as a wine cellar again  :thumb:

I gained 50 in about 10 months but sadly about half of it is blubber. I couldn't stay away from the carbs. Now I find myself needing cardio real bad.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4817 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:24:43 »
All blubber here too man. I used to wear 26 pants and now I'm at 34

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4818 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:31:11 »
All blubber here too man. I used to wear 26 pants and now I'm at 34

Wow. Wtf did you eat? Ice cream and donuts before bed every night? I went from 30-36 and I think most of it was carb loading before bed, having cravings like a pregnant woman. :P
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4819 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:33:45 »
Same as yours. I've just started eating as much as my wife and my body can't compete with her metabolic wise. I also stopped working out

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4820 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:34:12 »
Was duped today into eating a salad, wtf I won't make that mistake again!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4821 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:41:21 »
Was duped today into eating a salad, wtf I won't make that mistake again!
Did it have blue cheese? If it did, you are weird for not liking it  :eek:

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4822 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 00:44:18 »
Sympathy pregnancy weight.  Don't miss that at all.

Offline LarsMarkelson

« Reply #4823 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:04:08 »
Had a meeting and picking up more sidejobs. Overall good day.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4824 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 10:41:45 »
That moment when you find vintage boards at work...only to discover their rubber domes. Then turning around to discover someone is in the cube staring. He doesn't know about this life!

Offline Infrared

« Reply #4825 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 10:44:33 »
that luck doe :( that sucks but hey are they good rubber domes (like not total ****)
White Fc660c

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4826 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 17:29:54 »

I did a thing.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4827 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 17:32:08 »
Show Image

I did a thing.

Got married and now she has you vacuuming the floor in flip-flops?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4828 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 17:32:50 »
Show Image

I did a thing.

Haha, those are actually the shoes she wore today. Just chillin in front of our kitchen table.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4829 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 17:37:43 »
Show Image

I did a thing.
Finally married your HHKB?  ;D  GZ!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4830 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 17:50:20 »
Show Image

I did a thing.

Haha, those are actually the shoes she wore today. Just chillin in front of our kitchen table.

Game over..  The ants clip the wings and legs of the drone bee and drag its limp body to be mated with the queen; Upon completion of the service, it then dies.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4831 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 17:51:25 »
Show Image

I did a thing.

Game over..  The ants clip the wings and legs of the drone bee and drag its limp body to be mated with the queen; Upon completion of the service, he then dies.

Hey, at least that way, you die mating.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4832 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 17:52:35 »
Show Image

I did a thing.

Game over..  The ants clip the wings and legs of the drone bee and drag its limp body to be mated with the queen; Upon completion of the service, he then dies.

Show Image

I did a thing.

In the human case it's much worse, you drag out this "servitude part" for ~2-3 years, then add 2 more small-queens,  THEN drag that out for 18 more years,  THEN, witness the lack of social security,  prepare to sign up for food stamps and trading them in for adult-diapers...

/song  ,, the circle of LIFEeee ...

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4833 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 20:26:22 »
Paid ghostjuggernaut back for Hyperfuse, now we wait! : D

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #4834 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 21:11:50 »
In school today our teams of 2 became teams of 4 (3 in our case), and were told to diagnose 4 different vehicles with engine running problems. My group finished first in ~45 mins (would have been sooner, but we had to wait for other groups to finish with the next vehicle).  Then I got another 100% on our in-class tests.  Not a bad day!
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #4835 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 13:38:22 »
Show Image

I did a thing.

Congratulations man! :thumb:

Offline burn1nsun

• My stupid YouTube Channel
« Reply #4836 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 13:59:53 »
I built my mother a computer of my other computer
HHKB Pro 2 l Pok3r Gateron Blacks

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4837 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 18:46:00 »
Today I found out that all women think mustaches are gross.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4838 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:16:18 »
That would be WRONG! Not ALL women think staches are gross... just most under 40 who didn't grow up with 'sex symbols' guys like Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck... or chicks from places like Kazakhstan.

I sold one of my old PC today. Feels good getting rid of some clutter. I think I did alright getting $250 out of a 6 years old P55 system. I also sold a 32" Samsung HDTV I rescued from the dumpster for $75... sometimes craigslist just works out.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:19:05 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4839 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:27:27 »
That would be WRONG! Not ALL women think staches are gross... just most under 40 who didn't grow up with 'sex symbols' guys like Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck... or chicks from places like Kazakhstan.

I sold one of my old PC today. Feels good getting rid of some clutter. I think I did alright getting $250 out of a 6 years old P55 system. I also sold a 32" Samsung HDTV I rescued from the dumpster for $75... sometimes craigslist just works out.

The mustache works like this...

There is such a thing as ideal facial geometry..

If your face is "spread outwards" from this setting,   Then the mustache helps visually eliminate the dissonance, by changing the center of mass visually.

Because the mustache is a darker color than your skin, when it appears at the center of your face, it is visually a "hole" which draws the perception of your other features Inward.

Now beards are different,  beards primarily help define jaw lines or the lack there of.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4840 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 06:56:35 »
Today I found out that all women think mustaches are gross.
I have a big beard and mustache. My girlfriend likes it (and she's not 40yo). ;)

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4841 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 09:56:19 »
My girlfriend hates my beard hah :(

I ran a 10K today :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4842 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 10:15:08 »
Got a phone call at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon, BT again. Then got a follow up email asking why I didn't answer...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4843 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 23:25:08 »
Revisited my old internet forum family.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4844 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 11:06:56 »
Had an MRE for the first time. I was surprised at how not-bad it was.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #4845 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 11:27:51 »

What was in it?

== == == == ==

Today, I played with a new lighting setup and took some pictures.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4846 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 11:32:28 »

What was in it?

Heating thingy. Condiments (hot sauce, salt, etc). Utensils (spoon, napkins, wetnap, etc) I picked a spaghetti and meat sauce meal. Bread. Skittles. Dried cranberries. Orange drank. Pretzels.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #4847 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 11:50:15 »

What was in it?

Heating thingy. Condiments (hot sauce, salt, etc). Utensils (spoon, napkins, wetnap, etc) I picked a spaghetti and meat sauce meal. Bread. Skittles. Dried cranberries. Orange drank. Pretzels.

Hmm...I should stock some of these for storm season.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4848 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 12:34:30 »
Slept in.

Been working almost 24 hrs past 3 days.

Holy hell I needed that.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4849 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 15:20:15 »
Slept in.

Been working almost 24 hrs past 3 days.

Holy hell I needed that.

How long did you end up sleeping for?