Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423340 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #4900 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 09:55:58 »
Not today, but yesterday I spent 4 hours figuring out that my motherboard took a dump

Posted from the slowest computer ive used in years

Is that why it took until today to post?

Offline iri

« Reply #4901 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 11:40:56 »
since i am now in a country with a functioning post, i should build meself a keyboard too.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4902 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 13:08:36 »
Not today, but yesterday I spent 4 hours figuring out that my motherboard took a dump

sort of, I spent 4 hours diagnosing my pc yesterday. Then overnight running of cleaning programs to get this old thing running decently

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #4903 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 13:29:02 »
gushed over some hyper futuristic european military hardware
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4904 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 13:56:32 »

sort of, I spent 4 hours diagnosing my pc yesterday. Then overnight running of cleaning programs to get this old thing running decently

This is why you need to create backup isos..

If i have a problem.. I just hit reload..  I don't want to even THINK about what might be wrong.. JUST FIX IT.

It took me years to realize this is the best way to fix computer problems.

Offline Usarise

« Reply #4905 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 13:17:49 »
Today I got my wisdom teeth removed. :I

Offline iri

« Reply #4906 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 06:33:17 »
What, all of them?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Usarise

« Reply #4907 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 08:59:14 »
What, all of them?
Yup just two of them though.  Non-impacted & on the top so it was a pretty simple thing.  Unfortunately it's now swollen and aches a good bit without a few painkillers :p

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4908 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 09:24:22 »
What, all of them?
Yup just two of them though.  Non-impacted & on the top so it was a pretty simple thing.  Unfortunately it's now swollen and aches a good bit without a few painkillers :p

I feel ya. I had 3 done at once with only novacain. I had no pain during the procedure, but the crunch/crackle sound when he pulled them out still haunts me. At least it was comical when one flew across the room.

The after-pain never bothered me once. What did get to me was the oozing; I got very sick of the blood taste after a while to the point of nausea.

Take care!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4909 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 14:56:55 »
Got my windows tinted. LLumar 30% ceramic all around.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4910 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 16:01:11 »
Just saw the new Mad Max: Fury Road. ****ing amazing movie, Masterpiece, needs to be seen large and loud.

Not for everyone though, people walked out and women (who came with boyfriend/husband likely) came out saying they wish they saw pitch perfect instead, which is ****ing shocking to me given Charlize Theron was totally bad-ass throughout.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4911 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 17:25:35 »
Just saw the new Mad Max: Fury Road. ****ing amazing movie, Masterpiece, needs to be seen large and loud.

Not for everyone though, people walked out and women (who came with boyfriend/husband likely) came out saying they wish they saw pitch perfect instead, which is ****ing shocking to me given Charlize Theron was totally bad-ass throughout.

A TRUE desire for the apocalypse resides in the dark corner of ones soul..

Been dreaming with my zombie bug-out bag since at age 5..

Tp4 very dark..

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #4912 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 18:25:46 »

fun fact a bunch of mra's actually wanted to boycott the movie because of charlize kicking ass
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #4913 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 00:48:20 »
Took me a total of 3 days to take it apart and put i back together but I finally got it done.
It was a stock Ducky Shine 2 TKL, MX Browns with Red LEDs.

I lubed, stickered and sip socket all the switches. And swapped out the LEDs to 2x3x4 white ones, and the switch cover to the gateron ones.
Overall, I'm satisfied. Desoldering was a pita tho.  :'(
More pics of wip under spoiler  ;D

More

Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline iri

« Reply #4914 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 02:48:01 »
Those are POM keycaps, right?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #4915 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 03:26:24 »

I believe they're pbt blanks.  :) Not poms.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4916 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 12:06:25 »

I believe they're pbt blanks.  :) Not poms.

they look like the pom jellies

Offline iri

« Reply #4917 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 15:07:06 »
Went to London. Spent the night at a pub with accommodation, like it's 15th century. Then went to the zoo. Zoo was okay. London is still ****.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4918 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 15:38:06 »
Went to London. Spent the night at a pub with accommodation, like it's 15th century. Then went to the zoo. Zoo was okay. London is still ****.

What don't you like about London?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline iri

« Reply #4919 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 15:53:04 »
Too many people. Too polluted air. Too unreliable subway. Ridiculous architecture in the city centre. Prices.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #4920 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 15:59:09 »
Too many people. Too polluted air. Too unreliable subway. Ridiculous architecture in the city centre. Prices.
Cardiff?  :-X
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline iri

« Reply #4921 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 16:30:36 »
No way, Cardiff's subway is the best!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4922 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 03:01:13 »
I really hate London too. My gf loves it. Thank god we've bought a house in Birmingham instead hah.

I'm slowly unpacking my holiday stuff... Will post KOTM nomination thread later.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iri

« Reply #4923 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 06:49:29 »
Thank god we've bought a house in Birmingham instead hah.
so you have done that? congratulations!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4924 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 08:05:02 »

Well, my mortgage has been approved, the bank has valued the house and they are happy, I just need to chase the solicitors and make sure they aren't sitting on their asses doing nothin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4925 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 11:21:27 »

Well, my mortgage has been approved, the bank has valued the house and they are happy, I just need to chase the solicitors and make sure they aren't sitting on their asses doing nothin

Congrats bro... I'm slowly moving into my gf's flat in the city center and it's pretty baller... though the fact I can't park means I have to get the train to where my car is parked, and then drive on the M6 to work anyway lol

Offline osi

« Reply #4926 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 18:52:45 »
About to put a rig together.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TDGtdC

Not for me sadly :(

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4927 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 19:12:43 »
Went to the Detroit zoo and watched a giant anteater swim!

Also made dinner on my new grill (steaks, baked potato, corn on the cob) and had the last of my beer from the brewery in the city I moved from. Not a bad day.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4928 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 19:17:06 »
Went to the Detroit zoo and watched a giant anteater swim!

Show Image

Also made dinner on my new grill (steaks, baked potato, corn on the cob) and had the last of my beer from the brewery in the city I moved from. Not a bad day.

Grilled corn on the cob > *

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #4929 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 19:18:31 »
discovered the worst pub players ever on payday 2 lol
spent like 5 minutes badmouthing me while im alt tabbed
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4930 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 19:29:15 »

Wow that's one expensive rig! :O

Offline osi

« Reply #4931 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 19:55:31 »

Indeed! It's not a perfect build and it definitely has room to grow if the owner wants to do it!

The mobo pcb = such thick, such sturdy. mmmmm

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4932 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 20:12:24 »

I've never put more than the maximum I put in a rig was $900 which was enough for the use I have. I still have it 4 years later but it feels a bit outdated to be honest.

Indeed! It's not a perfect build and it definitely has room to grow if the owner wants to do it!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4933 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 21:22:20 »

I've never put more than the maximum I put in a rig was $900 which was enough for the use I have. I still have it 4 years later but it feels a bit outdated to be honest.

H55 ? hahahahahahaha

good luck with that...

Offline osi

« Reply #4934 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 21:23:58 »

H55 ? hahahahahahaha

good luck with that...

lololol - was not my choice but I will make it work!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4935 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 21:40:24 »

H55 ? hahahahahahaha

good luck with that...

lololol - was not my choice but I will make it work!

I don't think you can even test past 3.7/8ghz on the h55..

It just wouldn't be safe.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4936 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 04:09:43 »

Congrats bro... I'm slowly moving into my gf's flat in the city center and it's pretty baller... though the fact I can't park means I have to get the train to where my car is parked, and then drive on the M6 to work anyway lol

ewwwwwww

Parking was the number one thing I had to have. I can't imagine being so far away from my car every day hah. Do you have to pay to park it?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4937 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 04:18:53 »

ewwwwwww

Parking was the number one thing I had to have. I can't imagine being so far away from my car every day hah. Do you have to pay to park it?

yeeah though im looking for other options atm..

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4938 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 01:57:22 »
Jesus... I bet that is costing you an arm and a leg!

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #4939 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 02:20:44 »

Fixed: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Hg3qJx (For the most part, beside the cpu and motherboard...)

I'm bored...

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #4940 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 20:48:10 »
made a custom sound file for HoxHud
spent 10 minutes duping everything and making half mono left and half mono right to make a poor man's stereo
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4941 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 21:16:41 »

Fixed: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Hg3qJx (For the most part, beside the cpu and motherboard...)

I'm bored...

You made a better SSD choice for sure.. Although me personally, I would get an 850pro because the price difference isn't that huge.

NONE of the x99 cpus besides the quad core can be cooled well on air cooler..

Even the NHD15 is not enough..  You need AT LEAST a powerful dual radiator to even get to 44x (4400mhz) safely..

that soundcard is bogus.. it's not good at all.. and it will be influenced greatly by leaky motherboard DC..

It's better to use onboard optical out and use a separate DAC for crystal clear sound, no PC DC noise.

The 1000 watt PSU is a huge waste of money, because it will not even come close to 800.. something around 600..700 tops..

The expensive case is kind of a money waster, because it offers no real performance gain.

But if your client dude likes it, well, that's his call..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4942 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 21:52:05 »
I went outside and watched the lightning bugs.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4943 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 23:13:22 »

I used to do this "BEFORE"  Internet..

Sigh.. I miss it.. the simplicity.. the serenity..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4944 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 23:48:57 »

The resolution ...

The LoD ...

The AI of the bots ...

The weather effects ...

The lighting is quite realistic, too!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4945 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 23:56:45 »

The resolution ...

The LoD ...

The AI of the bots ...

The weather effects ...

The lighting is quite realistic, too!

sigh..

I'm hopelessly connected to compressed information..

The reality does not come in a format fast enough..

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #4946 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 01:14:28 »
Number of things today

1.  Got my desktop back on the internet

2. Discovered the missing ingredient in my grilled Philly cheese steak sammich:  pineapple sauteed in with the onions and green peppers.

3. couple days ago got a new phone (Droid Turbo), and got a real clean home screen setup.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4947 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 04:04:55 »
Not today, but in a week's time I will being going to this  - http://www.parklife.uk.com/lineup.php

Usually I don't like EDM or getting off my head on drugs, but I'm actually excited to go. If my gf doesn't want to go and see Fat Boy Slim I'm going to disown her.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4948 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 04:11:12 »
Not today, but in a week's time I will being going to this  - http://www.parklife.uk.com/lineup.php

Usually I don't like EDM or getting off my head on drugs, but I'm actually excited to go. If my gf doesn't want to go and see Fat Boy Slim I'm going to disown her.

oh damn the line up, might have to jump on that too

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4949 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 04:15:22 »

oh damn the line up, might have to jump on that too

Annie Mac too  :-X