Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423380 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #5300 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 22:43:15 »
Went to a concert. During a set someone gets on stage and throws pool noodles into the pit. People appropriately go ape ****. A kid picks up a noodle and swings it. Magically it connects exactly with my glasses leaving me to Velma and clear mad space trying to find them. Someone catches them and hands em back to me. All hail Oakley

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #5301 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 00:53:04 »
Wasn't today, but I recently lubed my orange ALPS keyboard and I'm loving every second I touch it. It's so smooth now.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5302 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 09:11:49 »
Wasn't today, but I recently lubed my orange ALPS keyboard and I'm loving every second I touch it. It's so smooth now.

That's your Apple board, right?  Congrats on the sweet, sweet lube.  :cool:

Went to a concert. During a set someone gets on stage and throws pool noodles into the pit. People appropriately go ape ****. A kid picks up a noodle and swings it. Magically it connects exactly with my glasses leaving me to Velma and clear mad space trying to find them. Someone catches them and hands em back to me. All hail Oakley

* CPTBadAss moshes harder than I wish to

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5303 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 09:18:37 »

First rule of the pits, if you see someone or something falling you pick it up before getting back to moshing.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5304 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 11:22:00 »

First rule of the pits, if you see someone or something falling you pick it up before getting back to moshing.

As long as you're not one of those *******s just there to punch people
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5305 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 11:59:26 »

I wasn't even moshing. Just standing near it. I had to, the venue is too small to not stand near the pit.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #5306 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 14:56:12 »

I wasn't even moshing. Just standing near it. I had to, the venue is too small to not stand near the pit.
smh u cant even hold a fight against a pool noodle

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5307 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 15:14:59 »

Put up the tent.

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #5308 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 01:27:02 »

That's your Apple board, right?  Congrats on the sweet, sweet lube.  :cool:

Yup! Thanks Hoff!

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
What did you do today?
« Reply #5309 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 10:41:45 »
today i witnessed someone i dont know from gh add me on steam, say bappa a bunch and end it with "weeaboo ***got" before unfriending me
11/10

edit: just noticed they have almost 3k hrs in dota 2 im no longer surprised
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 August 2015, 10:44:15 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline R1N3

« Reply #5310 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 10:44:34 »
today i witnessed someone i dont know from gh add me on steam, say bappa a bunch and end it with "weeaboo ***got" before unfriending me
11/10

Everything happens for a reason.. We're all beams of light..

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #5311 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 10:52:15 »

11/10

Everything happens for a reason.. We're all beams of light..
meow?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5312 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 18:35:38 »
Ran Cat 5e through the crawlspace of the house (which was hot as hell and filthy as ****) and installed an ethernet jack in my room.  Finally have decent internet speed in my room and should be able to play some online FPS games again.

Offline Dext

« Reply #5313 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 18:44:25 »
I fapped all the day thinking of my incoming Leopold FC750R.

And i asked myself if I should buy the Logitech G9X (mouse). I want it but i don't want to spend money...

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #5314 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 18:47:52 »
Ran Cat 5e through the crawlspace of the house (which was hot as hell and filthy as ****) and installed an ethernet jack in my room.  Finally have decent internet speed in my room and should be able to play some online FPS games again.

Show Image

do you have that stick tool that you secure one end of the cable and then add more sticks to get it through a bunch of rooms?

fun times. looks like it was super worth it for you. time 2 play cs:go with us : ]
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #5315 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 18:49:28 »

Show Image

That's nice

I should do that...

But so much work >.>

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5316 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 18:57:35 »

Show Image

That's nice

Show Image

I should do that...

But so much work >.>

It's easier to just drill holes in the ceiling or floor of your closet.. then run the cable under the door along the wall to your PC..

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5317 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:05:48 »
More

Show Image

do you have that stick tool that you secure one end of the cable and then add more sticks to get it through a bunch of rooms?

fun times. looks like it was super worth it for you. time 2 play cs:go with us : ]

Not sure what you're talking about with the stick tool.  I'd have to see it. 

There's a storage room that has the hot water heater and router and is open to the crawlspace.  I crawled up into the crawlspace from inside the house, grabbed the cable from the storage room and shimmied my way through the cramped and filthy crawlspace, attached the cables to a wire that was stuck through the ceiling, and pulled it through into the closet.  Then crimped the male plugs on the router end, drilled a hole in the wall of the closet into the next room, stuck the cable through, connected it to the female side, and mounted a faceplate in the room.  Huge pain in the ass, but worth it as I can now actually use the internet instead of praying I have decent speeds and waiting until 2AM for something more useable.

More

Show Image

That's nice

Show Image

I should do that...

But so much work >.>

It's easier to just drill holes in the ceiling or floor of your closet.. then run the cable under the door along the wall to your PC..

That's basically what I did, except it made more sense to drop it into the closet in the next room over and put a faceplate in my room that I could connect to.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:07:33 by nubbinator »

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5318 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:19:02 »
More

Show Image

There's a storage room that has the hot water heater and router and is open to the crawlspace.  I crawled up into the crawlspace from inside the house, grabbed the cable from the storage room and shimmied my way through the cramped and filthy crawlspace, attached the cables to a wire that was stuck through the ceiling, and pulled it through into the closet.  Then crimped the male plugs on the router end, drilled a hole in the wall of the closet into the next room, stuck the cable through, connected it to the female side, and mounted a faceplate in the room.  Huge pain in the ass, but worth it as I can now actually use the internet instead of praying I have decent speeds and waiting until 2AM for something more useable.

More

Show Image

That's nice

Show Image

I should do that...

But so much work >.>

That's basically what I did, except it made more sense to drop it into the closet in the next room over and put a faceplate in my room that I could connect to.

Push/pull rods, fishing rods, glow-sticks, etc. All pretty much the same thing but incredibly helpful in all kinds of situations involving cabling.

I have one of these kits
http://www.kleintools.com/content/splinter-guard-fish-and-glow-rods-1
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #5319 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:20:01 »
golf
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #5320 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:21:42 »
More

Show Image

More

Show Image

That's nice

Show Image

I should do that...

But so much work >.>

Push/pull rods, fishing rods, glow-sticks, etc. All pretty much the same thing but incredibly helpful in all kinds of situations involving cabling.

I have one of these kits

those are way fancier than what i'm used to. that video was very informative and exciting
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5321 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:23:22 »
Yea same. I didn't even know they had some that were in segments. I've only ever used one like this

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5322 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:42:11 »

I have one of these kits

That's a pretty cool tool, but I doubt it would have helped with running the cable, unfortunately.  Since it's in a crawlspace full of heater ducting, crossbeams, and so on, there would have to have been a door from the closet into the crawlspace for it to work.

Yea same. I didn't even know they had some that were in segments. I've only ever used one like this

Show Image

That's the one I know, but that's for pulling wire through conduit, isn't it?

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5323 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:46:03 »

I have one of these kits

That's a pretty cool tool, but I doubt it would have helped with running the cable, unfortunately.  Since it's in a crawlspace full of heater ducting, crossbeams, and so on, there would have to have been a door from the closet into the crawlspace for it to work.

Show Image

That's the one I know, but that's for pulling wire through conduit, isn't it?

Yea, I've only used it for wire

But that's why I had no idea there were even some nice ones that come in prices.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5324 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:46:42 »
Since we're on cabling, I tested some cable for a discussion on reddit on using velcro vs cable ties earlier this morning. Got me x2 gold. haha.

It will actually tolerate quite a bit of abuse before it's not very useful.

Started with a 27ft piece of cable
More

8 tests later and I folded, kinked, knotted, smashed it in two places with cable ties, then crushed it with pliers before it failed
More
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline jd29

« Reply #5325 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 23:54:50 »
~
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:18:45 by jd29 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5326 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 00:02:50 »
nothing.

and it was ****ing awesome.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #5327 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 01:20:01 »
nothing.

and it was ****ing awesome.
hey. nothing is my bae. that ***** cheated on me.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #5328 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 01:29:15 »
Well it's been 2 hours and 28 minutes since this day began and so far I've eaten a hot pocket and accidentally kicked my cat.  If I don't wake up later, you know why.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5329 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 07:49:26 »
Ran a torch for 8+ hours today.  Surprisingly, didn't get one burn to blister.  Was a good day.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #5330 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 09:20:56 »
It's off topic, I just got off a 12 hour shift, I am double posting.

Yeah, this thing was awesome.

110342-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5331 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 16:11:24 »
Just got back from a wedding. Saw a IBM Model M at the reception! It was a small gathering so it was at someone's house :P

Also got in on the Cherokey GB...hmm, what else to do today...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5332 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 17:13:01 »
OH MY GOD MY NEW MATTRESS IS SO COMFY
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #5333 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 17:18:16 »

#yo lemme try
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5334 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 23:32:56 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5335 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 05:54:04 »
I had a great fathers day today :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline raymogi

« Reply #5336 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 05:55:39 »
Woke up early, ran to the computer to buy Cherokeys, went to the church, lunch, got a haircut and typing this post right now.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5337 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 07:12:15 »

What kind?  We got a Casper in February and man it's awesome.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #5338 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 09:47:58 »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5339 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 10:28:48 »

Bought some new gaming dice.

handcrafted out of solid rock...but what hands?  Elf or dwarf hands?  Bonus points for baby dwarf hands in a sweatshop...
I'm back.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5340 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:50:21 »

It's a Silentnight mattress with 1200 pocket springs and a memoryfoam topper built in. So daym good.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #5341 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:51:00 »

It's a Silentnight mattress with 1200 pocket springs and a memoryfoam topper built in. So daym good.
The stuff dreams are made of..

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5342 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:52:19 »

Springs not cupped rubber?  What's the actuation force of the springs?  Bottoming out force?
I'm back.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5343 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:56:24 »
Springs not cupped rubber?  What's the actuation force of the springs?  Bottoming out force?

They are individually wrapped, so I guess you could say they are buckling springs :P Hopefully less than the combined weight of my and my gf :P

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5344 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:57:34 »

Gonna need a ton of nickels.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5345 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 16:07:58 »
I started populating my custom keyboard with switches, swapped sliders, springs and lubed them. But I did not have time to finish.
 I had to pack for a trip through central Europe starting tomorrow, lasting two weeks. I'll be stopping over in Lübeck, Berlin, Regensburg, Innsbruck, Florence, Rome, Venice, Vienna and Prague, and then Berlin again on the way back.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5346 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:01:57 »
Got 15 fence posts in. Yesterday I cleared the area. Its like 32°C here today. I need a shower and nice chair now.  :). Oh and a beer...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5347 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 20:44:22 »

Grilled a cabbage.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5348 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 20:59:46 »
Got the internet back up and running.  Had to go out and buy an SB6141 modem and a TP-Link Archer C9 to replace what appears to be a fried modem and a router that, apparently, wasn't cutting it anymore (still not sure if it had to be replaced).

It did mean much faster speeds for my laptop at least:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5349 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 21:49:35 »
Went canoeing tonight among bioluminescent plankton. Pretty trippy. Almost slain by mosquitoes though.
I'm back.