Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423207 times)

Offline jpvs

• What we type in life echoes in eternity
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #5800 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:02:50 »
play all day Blade & soul CB  ultil they close it  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5801 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 17:10:45 »
Replaced a switch on my NEC keyboard ...

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I still have no idea where I've put the remains of the original switch and the missing keycap.
How do you like that layout with the longer space bar and the alt and ctrl next to each other?  I wonder if it's better than the normal 101 layout as I do feel myself stretching for space sometimes, but not for alt.

Actually I used a keyboard like this, although not this specific keyboard, for many years and learned many of my programmer skills on it, so using a modern keyboard almost feels like there are too many keys on the bottom row and the modern space bars are way too short.

Also I use 101 Model M and SSK a lot so the lack of Win/Menu keys doesn't bother me.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5802 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 17:27:29 »
Just threw out a garbage bag full of keycaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5803 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 17:37:18 »

:eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #5804 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 17:59:33 »
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5805 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 20:44:07 »
Goodness. Any sa?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5806 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 20:45:19 »
Goodness. Any sa?
Just older singles.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5807 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 20:46:38 »
Goodness. Any sa?
Just older singles.
Fair enough. I gave away all of my random crap bag keys other than some sa blanks which I will probably use for a numpad.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5808 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:02:19 »
More

Just older singles.

Aww, I hope no one throws me away like that.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5809 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:32:23 »
More

Just older singles.

Aww, I hope no one throws me away like that.

Just be sure to find a mate before Ray decides you're too old.  :eek:

Offline darkspider

« Reply #5810 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 23:29:11 »
I've bought an IBM 3178 on ebay and took a solenoid from it for my Model F. Very excited :)
I was very lucky to get one among lot of 3178s losing theirs.
IBM Model F AT         Model M silver label    Model M gray label    Majestouch 2 Ninja

Brand New F62 Kishsaver / F77 Industrial Model F's made this year

Offline KoalaKaiser

• I make onions cry.
« Reply #5811 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:26:56 »
I went to work where it was really slow for the day so we spent 8 hours of talking about tv shows, movies and would you rather Telekinesis, Telepathy or Teleportation. Great day.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5812 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 01:25:42 »
Nothing much - it was a public holiday.

Melbourne Cup Day is on the first Tuesday in November, and I had the Monday off too.

Oh, and the Friday.

So this is the last day of a 5 day long weekend for me :D

Offline Bomble

« Reply #5813 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:19:09 »
Nothing much - it was a public holiday.

Melbourne Cup Day is on the first Tuesday in November, and I had the Monday off too.

Oh, and the Friday.

So this is the last day of a 5 day long weekend for me :D

Jeeez, you guys get it pretty good down there, don't you? Might have to move in a few years ^-^ nothing happens in Brisbane anyways

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #5814 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:37:41 »
im still working and hope my boss not see i was slacking off  :p

Offline takonic

« Reply #5815 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 05:25:00 »
insomnia, playing xcom

Offline FranklinScudder

• Clack
« Reply #5816 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:05:45 »
Played CS literally all day. Life is good.
            WTB | CMYK Mods

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #5817 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:19:10 »
Fasted for a health exam in an hour :(
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #5818 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:38:43 »
Still been hammering on the batch file that I should have had done over the weekend. :(  But I'm hoping to finish today.

Offline Malicium

« Reply #5819 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:52:31 »
Cleaned my shoes  ;D

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5821 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:32:55 »

Offline pyrolovesmoney

« Reply #5822 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:34:23 »
today I am going bin diving at the goodwill then I will be trying to buy a bro.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5823 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:09:26 »

You need 50 posts to enter the bro sale :v

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #5824 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:39:02 »

You need 50 posts to enter the bro sale :v

boom headshot
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5825 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 20:43:27 »
Photoshopped a crap load of photos with dirt chunks on them because my Uncle is stoopid and didn't check his scanner.

Picking up a suit with some alterations, a new belt, might check out Korean BBQ up near my closest city as well, man I miss the stuff in South Korea though, all of the side dishes are free as much as you want!
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5826 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 22:21:16 »
Where in South Korea?  Work sent me to Seoul once for a week.  It was pretty cool.  All the Korean guys in our group kept asking me if I wanted a haircut and then giggled.  I asked my boss about that later and learned something new...lol...

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5827 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 22:52:59 »
Where in South Korea?  Work sent me to Seoul once for a week.  It was pretty cool.  All the Korean guys in our group kept asking me if I wanted a haircut and then giggled.  I asked my boss about that later and learned something new...lol...

My Uncle and his family live in South Korea, in the South East, Pohang. I had a whole lot of Korean BBQ when I went over and stayed with them for about a month, yeah you need to be careful with the barber shops lol! Anything with two revolving barber poles usually means it's not just for haircuts, if at all.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5828 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 23:27:40 »
My Uncle and his family live in South Korea, in the South East, Pohang. I had a whole lot of Korean BBQ when I went over and stayed with them for about a month, yeah you need to be careful with the barber shops lol! Anything with two revolving barber poles usually means it's not just for haircuts, if at all.
Korean BBQ is pretty awesome.  I've only had it here in the states, but the company I worked for was Korean so once in a while I'd get to taste some authentic stuff.

That's so crazy about the barbers!  I can't believe that's just 'normal'.  I was wondering why all the barbershops had mirror limo tint, lol.

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #5829 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 23:35:59 »
Today I took advantage of the uncharacteristically nice weather (for this time of year) and went out for a nice cruise.

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5830 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 23:39:26 »
Korean BBQ is pretty awesome.  I've only had it here in the states, but the company I worked for was Korean so once in a while I'd get to taste some authentic stuff.

That's so crazy about the barbers!  I can't believe that's just 'normal'.  I was wondering why all the barbershops had mirror limo tint, lol.

Yeah dude, prostitution is illegal over there but everyone just turns a blind eye, it's a huge part of their economy, the Red Light District's are often close or next to the Police Stations.

I had so many varieties of Korean food from more modern dessert ice to traditional vegetarian monk food. Pig intestines are the bomb, so good!

I tried to find some Korean electronic stores for specialty stuff for my PC and keyboards but where I was is kind of considered a "country" town lol, even though the population was over 100,000. I will maybe need to go to Seoul next time for that stuff.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5831 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 23:57:35 »
Today I took advantage of the uncharacteristically nice weather (for this time of year) and went out for a nice cruise.
Show Image

That's so beautiful.  Mind sharing the state/region?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5832 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:03:03 »
Show Image

Very nice!

Yeah dude, prostitution is illegal over there but everyone just turns a blind eye, it's a huge part of their economy, the Red Light District's are often close or next to the Police Stations.

I had so many varieties of Korean food from more modern dessert ice to traditional vegetarian monk food. Pig intestines are the bomb, so good!

I tried to find some Korean electronic stores for specialty stuff for my PC and keyboards but where I was is kind of considered a "country" town lol, even though the population was over 100,000. I will maybe need to go to Seoul next time for that stuff.
Now you tell me.  :eek:

If I would have only known about keyboards back then.  We actually had a chance to go to one of the electronics markets.  But japanese electronics were the same price as in the US, so I didn't get anything.  But I did get a sweet Dream Theater Korean only release CD and some other Korean CDs.  The Christmas music was the most interesting part of the visit.  Never heard a house remix of jingle bells before, lol.

Offline iri

« Reply #5833 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:55:16 »
Today I used this thing called "public transport". It felt weird.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #5834 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:57:44 »
Today I used this thing called "public transport". It felt weird.

****ing socialism amiright
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5835 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:03:36 »
Show Image

Most the leaves in houghton have already fallen off. I wish it would just snow here already.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #5836 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:14:58 »
Show Image

Sure, it's Valley Forge National Park in PA. There's a couple nice roads in it that go through wooded areas that I really enjoy.

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #5837 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:15:48 »
Show Image

Sure, it's Valley Forge National Park in PA. There's a couple nice roads in it that go through wooded areas that I really enjoy.
Valley Forge rocks!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #5838 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:23:17 »
Valley Forge rocks!

Yea it's definitely great for cruising around, biking or even taking a walk when the weather is this nice.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5839 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:28:05 »
I got a bunch of off topic posts deleted in the off topic section. I also had a great day at my new job and won some BroCaps :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5840 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:31:38 »
this message has been removed.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:34:29 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #5841 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:32:52 »
won some BroCaps :)
*Fire grumbles at baldgyes luck
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline weehooherod

« Reply #5842 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:49:34 »
Tried to stay productive at work while waiting for my Ergodox Infinity to arrive. Mostly just been F5ing the USPS tracking page.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5843 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:32:42 »
Show Image

Valley Forge rocks!

Those look more like Valley Forge trees to me.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5844 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:17:25 »

If I would have only known about keyboards back then.  We actually had a chance to go to one of the electronics markets.  But japanese electronics were the same price as in the US, so I didn't get anything.  But I did get a sweet Dream Theater Korean only release CD and some other Korean CDs.  The Christmas music was the most interesting part of the visit.  Never heard a house remix of jingle bells before, lol.

Yeah, my Uncle was telling me that the electronics aren't really cheaper, it's just what is actually available I guess that's different.

Today I'm going to go hit up the Korean BBQ across the street from the suit place I'm going to! Keen.

Korean's love everything about pop culture, so strange to see that such an old country really doesn't stick to a lot of tradition, they are pretty easy to sway with trends.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5845 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:24:20 »
Decided I had enough of this week, so I'm taking Friday off and starting my vacation early tomorrow so I can watch Baylor play football.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5846 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:41:10 »
Sorted out all the keysets I've received in the last few months and some stuff I've been meaning to send to people

Noticed I'm missing a couple of keys in a few sets - not really looking forward to the back and forward PMs to sort them out

Offline darkspider

« Reply #5847 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 07:13:50 »
Studying anesthesiology for my test on Monday.
IBM Model F AT         Model M silver label    Model M gray label    Majestouch 2 Ninja

Brand New F62 Kishsaver / F77 Industrial Model F's made this year

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5848 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 07:54:21 »
Studying anesthesiology for my test on Monday.

I like to use chloroform as well

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5849 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 08:33:33 »

Yeah, my Uncle was telling me that the electronics aren't really cheaper, it's just what is actually available I guess that's different.

Today I'm going to go hit up the Korean BBQ across the street from the suit place I'm going to! Keen.

Korean's love everything about pop culture, so strange to see that such an old country really doesn't stick to a lot of tradition, they are pretty easy to sway with trends.
I actually didn't even see too much stuff I couldn't get from b&h.  But it was neat to see how the market was laid out and all.

My boss made us all go to some museums that were somewhere in the city.

The real technological shock was seeing everyone with video on their phones.  This was surprising since we were just getting to photos on phones in the US.