Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423299 times)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #5850 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:05:47 »
Felt nauseated from almost the time I got up, but got up and got to work anyways.  After a few hours it was so bad I had to lie down.  I finally took a single tablet of Pepto and within a few minutes I threw up.  After that I almost immediately felt better. :)  Got almost all the work done I needed to even with the sickness.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5851 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:52:04 »
I actually didn't even see too much stuff I couldn't get from b&h.  But it was neat to see how the market was laid out and all.

My boss made us all go to some museums that were somewhere in the city.

The real technological shock was seeing everyone with video on their phones.  This was surprising since we were just getting to photos on phones in the US.
[/quote]

Yeah, that style of building is ubiquitous at all the temple's. South Korea has a **** load of advancements in tech, they had god damn gigabit LTE rolled out when I was there!!!
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5852 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:36:24 »
That must have been what they had or at least 3g when we went.  Everyone was sending video clips instead of pics!

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5853 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 01:44:47 »
Picked up the remainder of my suit, got some Tie Guan Yin Oolong from down the road and had an awesome Korean BBQ with my Brother. Today was a good day.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5854 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 04:48:48 »
Screwed around at work. Not much accomplished at all.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5855 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:36:50 »
Swapped on some Unicomp large print keyscaps onto my main board to see how it is.  My dad already said he can see the keys much better, and he doesn't even use this board.  Waiting on my Unicomp to swap the keycaps on to that board and give him a badly needed upgrade to his workspace.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5856 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 15:30:24 »
Shooting the bow with my daughter.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #5857 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 16:05:46 »
Ordered dis!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5858 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 23:11:51 »
Took care of some good chunks of work and set myself up for hammering out more of it over the weekend. :)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5859 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 19:00:27 »
Was going to go cycling but the weather is super crap :/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5860 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 19:37:22 »
Ordered dis!!!
Show Image

that looks good,, but since the image has such thin lines..  i'd be scared of mousing too hard and scuffing it off..

Offline Bomble

« Reply #5861 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 19:40:34 »
Still writing these seemingly never ending study notes. Should be done by monday though, so that's okay I guess?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
What did you do today?
« Reply #5862 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:20:45 »
I brewed beer! First time actually doing it (I'm pretty familiar with the process after my schooling (even took a fermentation course :cool: ) and touring breweries, but never done it myself), so that was fun.  :)  And it's teach a friend how to home brew day too!  :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5863 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:20:49 »
Spent all day going places with the kids, work Christmas party, lunch and a kids birthday party mixed in.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5864 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:21:24 »

You do much archery?  I did when I was much younger, not for a long time though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #5865 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:23:57 »
Spent all day going places with the kids, work Christmas party, lunch and a kids birthday party mixed in.
Seems a bit early for a Christmas party.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5866 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:26:43 »

You do much archery?  I did when I was much younger, not for a long time though.
It was a nerf bow :P

But she made it really hard by wanting me to shoot it into all these small spaces and try and knock stuff over.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5867 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:29:22 »

But she made it really hard by wanting me to shoot it into all these small spaces and try and knock stuff over.

Is it the "Rebelle" one that shoots Nerf darts?  My little girl has that one. But she says she just wants "a big gun that shoots lots of bullets really fast." Lol.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5868 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:33:21 »
Seems a bit early for a Christmas party.
They planned for ~1500 people over the 4 hours it went on and there aren't many places around here to have it.

And I think with vacations and work schedules it just fit this weekend.

Offline A-train

« Reply #5869 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:51:14 »
I brewed beer! First time actually doing it (I'm pretty familiar with the process after my schooling (even took a fermentation course :cool: ) and touring breweries, but never done it myself), so that was fun.  :)  And it's teach a friend how to home brew day too!  :D

Awesome! What kind did you brew? My brother and I just did a huge batch of vanilla ale last weekend; hopefully it turns out well. Keeping everything sanitized during the process is nerve-racking  :-\

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5870 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:53:18 »
worked 12 hrs. now im gonna crack open some beers and hate myself in private
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5871 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 21:35:27 »

Awesome! What kind did you brew? My brother and I just did a huge batch of vanilla ale last weekend; hopefully it turns out well. Keeping everything sanitized during the process is nerve-racking  :-\

We made a blonde and another I'm not certain on since I arrived partway through that one. The blonde had some hibiscus-infused fluid (presumably water but I wasn't there for that part) added to it to attempt to make it pink - she hadn't tried this before, so who knows what'll happen or how pink it will be.  :))

And yeah the sanitization is pretty intense.  :P

Oh and they made me eat hops as some sort of sick hazing.  :-X :))

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5872 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:00:57 »
Was eating hops as awful as it sounds?

I watched college football all day. Lots of upsets today. Currently thinking about cracking open a beer, but probably shouldn't after drinking a tad too much yesterday.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5873 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 01:47:20 »
Today I saw my Father's body, lying in his coffin, wearing the suit that I gave him. Today was a heavy day.

Offline slushi

« Reply #5874 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 01:53:40 »
Today I saw my Father's body, lying in his coffin, wearing the suit that I gave him. Today was a heavy day.

My condolences dude. Sorry to hear that.

HHKB Pro 2

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5875 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 01:53:47 »
Finally finished my batch file that helped me finish 12hrs of work in 3hrs.  Yay!

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5876 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 01:55:32 »

Is it the "Rebelle" one that shoots Nerf darts?  My little girl has that one. But she says she just wants "a big gun that shoots lots of bullets really fast." Lol.
Your daughter needs this:
http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Wildfire

I still have one of these and it's still pretty shocking to fire that thing.  3 shots per second at a minimum with a bit of recoil and a loud, real, tommy gun sound that you feel from the mechanism inside.  I remembering buying this for $20 and it was discontinued before I knew it.

Edit--found a video that highlights the sound:
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 November 2015, 01:57:07 by SamirD »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5877 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 01:58:48 »
Heavy indeed. :(  I'm not looking forward to that day with my own father. :(

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5878 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 01:58:56 »
Took the SAT again today. Hopefully I can get at least a 2100 superscored
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5879 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 02:03:37 »

It's all right man, not something I really wanted to do either but it's good to get out of your system.

When it comes you'll deal with it, I got the feeling that it wasn't really him anyway because I knew what I knew had left.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5880 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 02:20:16 »

It's all right man, not something I really wanted to do either but it's good to get out of your system.

When it comes you'll deal with it, I got the feeling that it wasn't really him anyway because I knew what I knew had left.
I agree.  And strangely enough I know what you mean about him not really him.  My dad is already slipping from the man I knew and when his time comes, I will feel the exact feeling you just described.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5881 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 02:22:35 »
I agree.  And strangely enough I know what you mean about him not really him.  My dad is already slipping from the man I knew and when his time comes, I will feel the exact feeling you just described.

Try to make the most of what you can now, trust me. You are in a different position but definitely do what you can.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5882 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 02:27:44 »

Try to make the most of what you can now, trust me. You are in a different position but definitely do what you can.
I definitely try.  For the last 2 years our entire family has been the closest we've ever been.  And sometimes seeing my dad slip away like this really kills me inside.  He was a really great man that has done enormous things in his life. 

My brother and I got documented his roots as well as my mom's on a journey back to India where they were born and lived when they were young.  It was amazing to hear and see all the memories and stories pour out.  I find that he's alive the most when he's remembering those days of his life.  We still haven't done anything like that here for when he first landed in Fargo, ND in the late 1960s.  I want to go back with him before time runs out.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5883 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 03:38:59 »

Condolences.

And +1 to the above.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5884 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 03:56:23 »

Condolences.

And +1 to the above.

Thanks, rowdy!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5885 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 10:40:08 »

It's pretty terrible. Dries your mouth right out instantly, and taste far too strong for their own good.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline iri

« Reply #5886 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 06:49:09 »
stuck in despair because bothering thread is locked

mods pls
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5887 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 09:03:51 »

It's pretty terrible. Dries your mouth right out instantly, and taste far too strong for their own good.

Yeah it's pretty not great.  The first one I tried wasn't terrible, cause it didn't have too many alpha acids, but the second one...whooooo, boy.  Not good.  :-X

It's basically all of the bitter/hoppy flavors of a beer, concentrated, and the aftertaste is worse than the initial taste.

I definitely recommend it though, it's an interesting experience.

And condolences to SploogeFactory.  I can't even imagine.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #5888 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 09:09:26 »

mods pls
+1 PLS!

In a minute I'm going to have to actually do work today....why are you doing this to me, mods!?! WHY?

Now I have to go migrate some damn user data. Like I want to do that.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5889 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 10:48:20 »
Currently watching a guy lose his ****ing mind trying to install metal door frames. I've never heard so much cursing in my life. This mfer is just tossing **** everywhere. Rip. Gonna die here.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #5890 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 11:55:57 »
Currently watching a guy lose his ****ing mind trying to install metal door frames. I've never heard so much cursing in my life. This mfer is just tossing **** everywhere. Rip. Gonna die here.
Get a video of your final moments so we can all make fun of the door guy. Don't die in vain.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5891 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 12:19:23 »
Get a video of your final moments so we can all make fun of the door guy. Don't die in vain.
Yes, please do, you might have the next youtube viral sensation, lol.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5892 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 12:21:51 »
Bee said the same :O

Offline osi

« Reply #5893 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 13:24:56 »

mods pls

Yes

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5894 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 13:46:34 »
Currently at a charity golf tournament for "work". 3 bloody Mary's and a beer or two. Good Monday.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:08:46 by whmeltonjr »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5895 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:04:05 »
I attended a few meetings with the ABET certification team at my College. I really hate audits.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5896 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:18:25 »
Got some work done.  Didn't get more done. :(

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5897 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:26:30 »
Registered for classes and got everything I wanted except mechanic engineering practice I.

How is it that a required class for all third semester mechanical engineering students only has 100 spots?  :confused:

MTU can't math.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5898 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:55:53 »
Registered for classes and got everything I wanted except mechanic engineering practice I.

How is it that a required class for all third semester mechanical engineering students only has 100 spots?  :confused:

MTU can't math.
Oh they can.  How much do you pay each term you're in school?  Do you have to stay an extra term because you can't get the class you need?  Cha-Ching!  More revenue for the school!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5899 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:04:33 »
Helped my dad roof the shed.  It was "fun" at times since we don't really communicate well, but it was actually pretty okay today.

Welcome to state college.  Programs are impacted and they don't have enough spots for the students who need to take them, putting the students on the 5-6 year plan.  At the same time, they hold classes for 50 people in rooms that hold 200.