Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423346 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #5900 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 05:48:18 »
Spent more money in Ikea, and moved more cardboard boxes than I ever hoped to in my entire life.

At least we have a bed and some chairs in our new flat now.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #5901 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:01:00 »
Spent more money in Ikea, and moved more cardboard boxes than I ever hoped to in my entire life.

At least we have a bed and some chairs in our new flat now.
Ikea rocks!  We furnished our entire apartment from then and it was much, much more cost effective than any other route and looks great.  :cool:

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5902 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:42:02 »
Not today, but Sunday I played in the Tri-State division championship game for men's rugby. We won and now we get to play UNCW at East Carolina University in the round of 16.

Really excited to get to travel for this coming game.

Offline iri

« Reply #5903 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:26:35 »
today i found that most of the people shot by the police in the USA this year, are white

****, i'm not going to be safe there :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5904 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:28:26 »
today i found that most of the people shot by the police in the USA this year, are white

Ofc they're white, why do you think it has become such a huge issue now? Think people cared when it was minorities getting dropped?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #5905 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:36:38 »

Ofc they're white, why do you think it has become such a huge issue now? Think people cared when it was minorities getting dropped?

Or why no one gave a crap about what was going on at Mizzou until the football team threatened to not play?  :rolleyes:

Offline iri

« Reply #5906 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:37:33 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5907 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:37:54 »

He didn't say the ones we care about are white. He said most of them are white.

Offline shibataken

« Reply #5908 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 14:01:15 »
Woke up, read the news, fallout 4, nap, fallout 4.  Sometimes being a student is awesome lol

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5909 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:52:07 »
Woke up, read the news, fallout 4, nap, fallout 4.  Sometimes being a student is awesome lol

I'm hearing everywhere fallout 4 grphix sux0rz.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5910 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:57:15 »

Human character models and npc faces are pretty meh but the environments look great especially during the day

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5911 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 21:42:55 »
I got a gift from heaven--a brand new in good shape original box IBM 1397680 made 3-10-1993...

for $20  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5912 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 21:47:47 »

Human character models and npc faces are pretty meh but the environments look great especially during the day

Bout to jump back into it after 12 hours yesterday, gotta say it needs some improvement performance wise as well, I have an R9 295x2 running at 1440p and I'm getting drops down to 30fps in Diamond City!!! I have Godrays on Low as well, everything else is on Ultra.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5913 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 21:48:42 »
sat 3 hrs in traffic.

**** california

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5914 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 21:48:48 »

Bout to jump back into it after 12 hours yesterday, gotta say it needs some improvement performance wise as well, I have an R9 295x2 running at 1440p and I'm getting drops down to 30fps in Diamond City!!! I have Godrays on Low as well, everything else is on Ultra.

Dude glad to see this - I'm running crossfired 290s and I get shockingly low frame rates during certain maps and when in combat

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5915 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 21:51:34 »

Dude glad to see this - I'm running crossfired 290s and I get shockingly low frame rates during certain maps and when in combat

I'm not surprised based on my performance, definitely cut GR's to Low, barely a noticeable difference at all. I have also forced AMD Optimized Tessellation in CCC, definitely do that one, Nvidia may have struck again with gameworks lol, *******s.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5916 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 21:57:26 »

I'm not surprised based on my performance, definitely cut GR's to Low, barely a noticeable difference at all. I have also forced AMD Optimized Tessellation in CCC, definitely do that one, Nvidia may have struck again with gameworks lol, *******s.

goddamn nvidia - I would have switched to them if they hadn't locked down all their tech

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5917 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 22:00:31 »
Sick in bed. Felt guilty and useless. Tried to make dinner, dropped a nice heavy kitchen knife on my big toe. Had to get stitches. Now useless AND expensive AND in pain. Yay.

I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5918 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 22:05:57 »
Sick in bed. Felt guilty and useless. Tried to make dinner, dropped a nice heavy kitchen knife on my big toe. Had to get stitches. Now useless AND expensive AND in pain. Yay.

Show Image

Oh ****!  :eek:  This is why you can't play with sharp objects!  :-X

Hope you get better quick.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5919 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 23:29:07 »
Dude!  You're not useless because you know about keyboards...and pain...and stiches...

Get better soon.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  We're all human.  Glad you're okay!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5920 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 00:16:01 »

goddamn nvidia - I would have switched to them if they hadn't locked down all their tech

I
 heard if you turn down the shaddow distance  it makes it super faster

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5921 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 00:20:26 »

I heard if you turn down the shaddow distance  it makes it super faster

Thanks I'll give it a shot

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5922 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 03:39:42 »

Show Image

Ouch!

I hope you recover soon.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5923 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 05:45:42 »

Show Image

Ouch!

I hope you recover soon.

Bah.. u got give warning..  many peeps are fraid of stuff..

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5924 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 06:32:59 »

Show Image

Oh ****!  :eek:  This is why you can't play with sharp objects!  :-X

Hope you get better quick.
Dude!  You're not useless because you know about keyboards...and pain...and stiches...

Get better soon.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  We're all human.  Glad you're okay!

Show Image

Ouch!

I hope you recover soon.

Show Image

Ouch!

I hope you recover soon.

Bah.. u got give warning..  many peeps are fraid of stuff..
Show Image

Thanks, guys. Sorry TP I didn't realize it was too graphic. I'm going to try to rest in bed today. We have our kids' school wide camping trip tomorrow so I gotta get better quick!
I'm back.

Offline iri

« Reply #5925 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 08:40:17 »

Show Image

Of course you are expensive! All good people worth a lot.

Please get well.

116989-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5926 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 08:54:56 »

Show Image

Please get well.

(Attachment Link)

lol thanks for the well
I'm back.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5927 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:33:45 »

Show Image

Please get well.

(Attachment Link)

lol thanks for the well
Well, I'll be...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5928 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:41:52 »
lots of stuff, now I'm listening to pandora and just got the crap scared out of me with the way a song started I thought someone was talking outside....maybe I need to go to bed.....
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:44:56 by SpAmRaY »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5929 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:49:52 »
Is this where the cool kids are hanging out now? I didn't do anything super exciting today. Just messing around with the new League patch that came out. Debating buying a TGR Jane, but it's kinda pricey for a keyboard. Think a HHKB might be a more reasonable investment (i.e. one that won't get me killed by the wife).

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5930 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 23:33:01 »
Got a new customer's cloud up and running.  It was a mess when I got in there, but so far things are moving along pretty well.  Still early in the engagement though.  Still have to migrate all their VMs from ESX to their cloud.  That should be fun.  :P

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5931 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 00:09:13 »
I let my keyboard try coffee for the first time today.

Although it seemed to enjoy it, I doubt I will let it have more coffee in the future.

Pic of my keyboard enjoying a latte......

117040-0

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5932 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 00:14:08 »

Although it seemed to enjoy it, I doubt I will let it have more coffee in the future.

(Attachment Link)
How dare you disrespect that hhkb. May the topre gods strike down upon you with misspelled words for eternity. Or until you clean it.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5933 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 00:28:22 »

(Attachment Link)
How dare you disrespect that hhkb. May the topre gods strike down upon you with misspelled words for eternity. Or until you clean it.

Its ok, as soon as it happened the first thing I did was pull the plug. It had to have been within 1 second, I didn't even think about doing it. Just happened instinctively.

I pulled the caps and cleaned the external parts with baby wipes and cottonbuds. Just finished dismantling the board to let everything dry properly just in case.

I will probably give it a week before reassembly.....

and now I am off to perform self–flagellation for about 5 hours until the gods of Topre forgive me. 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5934 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 00:37:36 »
The topre gods are harsh, but fair.

You will recite 420 "oneness with cup rubber" while assembling it back together.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #5935 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 01:24:03 »

(Attachment Link)

Jesus what a pig, so much for just taking a little sip huh

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5936 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 03:41:00 »
lots of stuff, now I'm listening to pandora and just got the crap scared out of me with the way a song started I thought someone was talking outside....maybe I need to go to bed.....

I listen to a podcast that uses spooky music occasionally as a background to particular passages, and I've fonud myself looking behind me as I walk to and form the station listening to see what's coming up behind me.

(Attachment Link)

:eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5937 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 06:43:04 »

(Attachment Link)

You should be fine, coffee doesn't really hurt rubber domes
I'm back.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5938 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:45:01 »

(Attachment Link)

:-X

No!

At least now the Rustler has something to be rustled about...?

Hope it cleans up nice and functions as it always has.  That's got to be a scary moment.

Offline Infrared

« Reply #5939 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:46:58 »
Hoff, is it bad that I spilled a cheese enchilada on my FEENIX Autore and just let it dry and still havent cleaned it up in like 4 months?
White Fc660c

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5940 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:48:02 »
Hoff, is it bad that I spilled a cheese enchilada on my FEENIX Autore and just let it dry and still havent cleaned it up in like 4 months?

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5941 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:49:00 »

Of course it is, that is wasting an enchilada :eek:

Offline Infrared

« Reply #5942 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:50:56 »
yeahhh.... I am just to lazy to clean it. Honestly not using it isnt that big of a deal seeing as that thing pinged SO OBNOXIOUSLY. Using it drove me insane lol. If I ever clean it idk what I am going to do with it. I might get the switches out of it because for some reason FEENIX switches feel like breds (like if a red and a brown had a baby) I may just end up lubing them and putting them in another board
White Fc660c

Offline Infrared

« Reply #5943 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:52:58 »

LOL, but I did end up eating the rest of it and just throwing the keyboard in the closet... :P
White Fc660c

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5944 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:02:00 »

LOL, but I did end up eating the rest of it and just throwing the keyboard in the closet... :P

lazy af

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #5945 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 14:26:17 »
I took a picture, reflecting on the day.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #5946 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 19:53:29 »
Took possession of my new house. Official move-in is set for the weekend of the 20th.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5947 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 23:05:27 »
Took possession of my new house. Official move-in is set for the weekend of the 20th.
Congrats. That's a big piece of news. Well done!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5948 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 23:09:14 »
Another super unproductive day- I hate working from home

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5949 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 23:51:44 »
I just made a large milk shake by putting in about 4 big scoops of Blue Bell strawberry ice cream and then milk.  I didn't use a blender, but I just mushed it all together with the spoon.  Darn it was so good, I'm tempted to be a pig and make another one--but I won't.

Show Image

Diabetus.. you almost haz it..