Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423245 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #5950 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 01:13:57 »
I do believe I may have gotten KiCad figured out.  Now to figure out how to make a custom footprint, add drills, and such.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5951 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 04:01:48 »
Took possession of my new house. Official move-in is set for the weekend of the 20th.

Congratulations and good luck with the move!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline raymogi

« Reply #5952 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 07:23:03 »
A weekend away from keyboard related spending in Bali!

Please feed my addiction.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5953 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:17:50 »

Show Image

Wow, gorgeous!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline osi

« Reply #5954 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:31:08 »

Show Image

Gahh - Im jelly

Enjoy!

Offline iri

« Reply #5955 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 10:36:51 »
Today I learned that shouting at horses is a violent crime in the UK.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #5956 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 22:37:01 »
Some how I managed to fit 40 pounds of cheese in my smoker.

117136-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #5957 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 22:43:25 »

(Attachment Link)
Now this is something I like to see. What exactly does the smoker do to the cheese?

As for me I picked a graphic design class for winter and shipped out my eBay sale

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5958 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 22:59:32 »

(Attachment Link)

Hnnnggggg

If you ever need help eating it, you know where to find me.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #5959 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 00:10:16 »
Finished the main quest line in Fallout 4, hoarded the **** out of power armour!

Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5960 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 03:38:32 »
I let my keyboard try coffee for the first time today.

Although it seemed to enjoy it, I doubt I will let it have more coffee in the future.

Pic of my keyboard enjoying a latte......

(Attachment Link)

Put this back together after letting it dry for a bit.

No problems that I can find, good to throck :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5961 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 04:51:58 »

Although it seemed to enjoy it, I doubt I will let it have more coffee in the future.

(Attachment Link)

Hooray!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5962 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 05:00:21 »

(Attachment Link)

Hooray!

Especially good news as my budget has been tightened, I would not have got a replacement for at least 4 months (4 months without HHKB that's just insane).

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #5963 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 10:20:24 »
For the first time in 7 years, I woke up when I wanted (9:30), went out and got myself breakfast and I am now sitting in my living room, alone in my house, enjoying a meal and drinking coffee. And browsing GH, naturally.

My sister had my kids sleep over last night and that means I have had a night and morning to myself. It is amazing. This is what peace feels like.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5964 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 10:24:16 »
For the first time in 7 years, I woke up when I wanted (9:30), went out and got myself breakfast and I am now sitting in my living room, alone in my house, enjoying a meal and drinking coffee. And browsing GH, naturally.

My sister had my kids sleep over last night and that means I have had a night and morning to myself. It is amazing. This is what peace feels like.

^-^

I love that feeling of waking up and taking your time to do whatever you please.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5965 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 10:45:56 »
Playing board games with the kids.

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 10:49:21 by SpAmRaY »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5966 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 12:16:31 »

Show Image

World's #1 Dad
I'm back.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5967 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 12:24:46 »

Show Image

World's #1 Dad
Then they played in a bubble bath in the garden tub and are now eating lunch and dancing to kidz bop on Pandora. Just another Saturday :P

I think #1 dad takes the kid camping after trying to cut his toe off haha ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 12:27:49 by SpAmRaY »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5968 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 12:33:29 »

Show Image

World's #1 Dad
Then they played in a bubble bath in the garden tub and are now eating lunch and dancing to kidz bop on Pandora. Just another Saturday :P

Lol so it sounds like you are in charge today?  Hope the wife is feeling okay.
I'm back.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5969 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 12:36:07 »

Show Image

World's #1 Dad

Lol so it sounds like you are in charge today?  Hope the wife is feeling okay.
Yeah we had a little scare but she's hanging with her mom for a few hours.

Also achievement unlocked, I had to give her a keyboard.

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 17:23:32 by SpAmRaY »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5970 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 19:28:38 »
I typed up four letters for geekhackers on my typewriter.  Way more fun than I was expecting (I was only planning to type the one letter).  :))

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #5971 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 19:49:33 »
Built my parents a PC.

117203-0
117205-1

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5972 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:18:11 »
I typed up four letters for geekhackers on my typewriter.  Way more fun than I was expecting (I was only planning to type the one letter).  :))

Must not get into typewriters as well.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5973 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:21:47 »
Built my parents a PC.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Nice, what case is that. is that an itx build?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #5974 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:40:19 »
Built my parents a PC.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Nice, what case is that. is that an itx build?

Case is the Silverstone FT03 micro ATX form factor.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5975 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:06:37 »
Wrote a couple applications to make it so I can host all my static websites (built with Hugo | gohugo.io) on the cloud.ca OpenStack Swift object store.  Basically, one tool builds and deploys the site and makes sure the object store is configured to server the site publically.  The other tool is a simple reverse proxy which translates 'my-domains.com' to their respective 'my-domains.com' container in the object store...

Pretty happy with this setup.  Launching new websites now takes minutes and deploying new changes is a single command line.  BOOM!!!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5976 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:08:17 »
**** it
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:53:43 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #5977 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:11:57 »
Wrote a couple applications to make it so I can host all my static websites (built with Hugo | gohugo.io) on the cloud.ca OpenStack Swift object store.  Basically, one tool builds and deploys the site and makes sure the object store is configured to server the site publically.  The other tool is a simple reverse proxy which translates 'my-domains.com' to their respective 'my-domains.com' container in the object store...

Pretty happy with this setup.  Launching new websites now takes minutes and deploying new changes is a single command line.  BOOM!!!
It's amazing how cheap static website hosting can be nowadays. I've got a few using Amazon S3's static hosting and its super simple to set up.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5978 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:30:08 »
Mowed the front lawn, now waiting for the whipper snipper battery to charge.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5979 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:34:55 »

It's amazing how cheap static website hosting can be nowadays. I've got a few using Amazon S3's static hosting and its super simple to set up.
Ya. I am currently hosting my sites for free on gh-pages (guide), but I get free resources on cloud.ca, so i am trying to consolidate there. Looking to potentially offer free hosting of static sites with this method on cloud.ca. Just have to build the end user ui at this point and make sure I can convince the cloud.ca team its a good idea to give us more visibility.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:37:03 by swill »

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #5980 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:45:56 »
Went to the keyboard meetup and met some great people. Traded something I didn't want for something I really wanted.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5981 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:48:55 »

didn't know there was actually a brand called whipper snipper..  thought you made it up...

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5982 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:00:11 »

didn't know there was actually a brand called whipper snipper..  thought you made it up...

Whipper Snipper is one of the better known brands of lawn tools

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5983 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:28:15 »
Whipper Snippering done.

And there was at least one person in each direction up and down the street doing the same thing.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #5984 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 06:42:25 »

Ya. I am currently hosting my sites for free on gh-pages (guide), but I get free resources on cloud.ca, so i am trying to consolidate there. Looking to potentially offer free hosting of static sites with this method on cloud.ca. Just have to build the end user ui at this point and make sure I can convince the cloud.ca team its a good idea to give us more visibility.
It's low-cost and low-risk, as long as you have someone to police the content they post. Not a bad idea.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5985 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 07:38:16 »
Early morning painting session with the wyfe!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5986 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 07:47:14 »

It's low-cost and low-risk, as long as you have someone to police the content they post. Not a bad idea.

Ya. No one else can merge files into your git repo directly, so you don't have to worry about the content changing. People could create pull requests if they have suggested content changes.

Offline iri

« Reply #5987 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 08:31:57 »

Can I please host my soon-to-come rubbish blog there?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5988 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 08:39:50 »

Let me work out the details first. It may take me a week or so to build the public service web ui and sort out the details with the cloud.ca team.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #5989 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 08:52:46 »

FYI, a blog is not a static website. It changes every time you last something, or somebody comments, etc. This requires a dynamic backend (PHP or similar), and usually a database of some kind. That's beyond the scope of the static hosting swill is talking about.

My boards:
More

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5990 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 08:59:43 »

FYI, a blog is not a static website. It changes every time you last something, or somebody comments, etc. This requires a dynamic backend (PHP or similar), and usually a database of some kind. That's beyond the scope of the static hosting swill is talking about.
My blog is a static site. That's the beauty of Hugo and a single command to deploy changes (like a new post). I am using discuss for comments, which works with static sites.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5991 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 11:08:46 »

Must not get into typewriters as well.

Yeah, definitely.  Don't do that.  :P

Offline iri

« Reply #5992 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 11:28:56 »
my ten years working in web development is a lie

-Ray Bradbury

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #5993 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 14:33:56 »

My blog is a static site. That's the beauty of Hugo and a single command to deploy changes (like a new post). I am using discuss for comments, which works with static sites.
Good point. You wouldn't have search or any kind of plug-in extensibility, though.
my ten years working in web development is a lie
I didn't know! I just assumed someone looking for free hosting would be a noob to the whole thing.

My boards:
More

Offline iri

« Reply #5994 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 15:24:35 »
i'm just a poor ****

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5995 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 16:41:01 »

Good point. You wouldn't have search or any kind of plug-in extensibility, though.

Well, you do have some searching options now (bottom of the page at https://gohugo.io/tools/), so that is interesting.  Bleve search is the same search engine I am using for my pm_search tool.

Static sites are becoming pretty interesting for most people's needs now.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5996 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 22:21:01 »
Sanded and re-oiled my kitchen countertops today.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5997 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 22:22:19 »
Good job, it looks great.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5998 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 23:23:39 »
Browsed the classifieds, ate green tea Kit Kats and pretended to work

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5999 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 03:31:26 »
Spent most of the afternoon doing dictation on a crappy Dell keyboard.