Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423234 times)

Offline ccarlitos2

Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #6100 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 02:21:29 »
Currently finishing up a biology senior seminar review paper that is 70% of my grade in the class. Luckily it's an interesting subject however its due in 6 hours. If anyone is curious its on the different functions of bio sonar systems in bats.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6101 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 08:57:12 »
Currently finishing up a biology senior seminar review paper that is 70% of my grade in the class. Luckily it's an interesting subject however its due in 6 hours. If anyone is curious its on the different functions of bio sonar systems in bats.

Sounds kinda cool!  I have always liked bats, even if some of them are ugly as hell, and their use of sonar is rather intriguing.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6102 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 15:06:05 »
I accidentally ran the command "rm *" in my home directory. "What the hell did I just do?" *smacks head*

It is not as if I have been running Linux since 1997 and spend most of my workdays in it, or anything....

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #6103 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 15:24:34 »

I accidentally ran the command "rm *" in my home directory. "What the hell did I just do?" *smacks head*

It is not as if I have been running Linux since 1997 and spend most of my workdays in it, or anything....

Who told you to do this?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #6104 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 20:01:25 »

At least it was not "rm -rf *"  :)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #6105 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 13:36:39 »
Passing through Nashville!
Stop at 351 off i65 and fill up at the Chevron.  It has cheap high-quality Chevron gas.  :thumb:
I just revived a Kinesis Classic that I found in office cleanup previously. I found it around three months ago. It was in good condition but did not work after I plug it into my Linux or Windows machine. It beeps but does not send any key stroke. Today I realize it was in Mac mode. After switching it to PC mode, it works perfectly! I am so happy it comes back to live! (though I don't think I will use it frequently. I like my 60% better)
Awesome!  Post a pic when you can.  Love to see old good stuff working again with a little tlc.  :cool:

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6106 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 13:40:40 »
Didn't really catch up on sleep for the last 4 days, but I did finally get to take a shower after hosting Thanksgiving for a bunch of friends at our house.  Had to assemble two ikea Ingolf chairs and a bench for our table though.  (On a side note, the current ingolfs are nothing like the originals we bought--super cheaply constructed now with all the solidity taken out of them.  If I would have seen this before we got ours, I would have looked for the v1 style used somewhere.)

Went to best buy and picked up my first keyboard with a different switch than a buckling spring--the mx blues on a logitech g710.  I'm typing with it now, but I'm having a hard time not bottoming and trying to only put enough force for the actuation point.  It's a bit of a challenge.  But the switch force is definitely lighter than the BS M.  I got it for $50 at best buy's black friday sale so even if I don't like it, I'm sure I can resell it and get my money back out of it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6107 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 19:23:31 »
Was supposed to go out of town (from my parent's, which is already out of town) for the next two days, but instead spent all day today shopping for cars with my sister.  Her husband got in a wreck so we're scrambling to replace it since it was totaled.  :confused:  Should be a busy next couple days.  :))

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #6108 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 21:15:12 »
Drove from Montreal to southern Maine for the weekend. :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6109 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 23:40:43 »
Drove 700 something miles with the last ~3.5hrs of it being in the rain, also spent 2 hours at chuck e cheese. I'm tired.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6110 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 23:46:38 »
Drove 700 something miles with the last ~3.5hrs of it being in the rain, also spent 2 hours at chuck e cheese. I'm tired.

Glad you had a safe trip :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6111 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 23:55:10 »
I have finished my second GON Nerd60, it will be at the office, the first one at home.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6112 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 10:57:20 »
My wife and I brought the kids and went out and picked out a new mattress and box spring for ourselves :)  Then when we were bringing it inside when the box spring lunged forward and ripped my big toenail off :( 
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #6113 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 10:58:00 »
I have finished my second GON Nerd60, it will be at the office, the first one at home.

How fast was your shipping for parts only?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6114 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 19:23:50 »
Was supposed to go out of town (from my parent's, which is already out of town) for the next two days, but instead spent all day today shopping for cars with my sister.  Her husband got in a wreck so we're scrambling to replace it since it was totaled.  :confused:  Should be a busy next couple days.  :))
That sucks. :(  I hope you find it quick and at a good price.  If you need any help, give me a shout.  I can tell you all the techniques that work for me.

I was helping a friend by a brand new 2015 rav4 this weekend--got it for $26k out the door when the sticker was $27869.  :thumb: 

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6115 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 19:24:50 »
My wife and I brought the kids and went out and picked out a new mattress and box spring for ourselves :)  Then when we were bringing it inside when the box spring lunged forward and ripped my big toenail off :(
OUCH!  I hope everything turned out okay.  That can be uber painful.  I've had just part of mine ripped off before and it hurt like anything.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6116 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 19:30:35 »

What is she looking for?

I spent my hours that I wasn't at work or asleep this weekend putting up a chest of drawers and a wardrobe from IKEA. They said I needed two packs of hinges for the doors to the wardrobe, but it turns out we needed four... I don't really want to go back to IKEA just for two bags of hinges, but at the moment we only have half of our doors on the wardrobes... Weird.

Edit: I went to order some online - £10 per pack, £35 delivery charge. What the ****.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 19:33:53 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6117 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 21:35:08 »

Put together a free corner desk.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6118 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 21:36:20 »
Shot a bunch of guns today for about 5 hours and ended the day shooting some explosive powder in a Big Bird head that blew up quite well. Maybe upload the video tomorrow.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6119 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 21:37:57 »
Shot a bunch of guns today for about 5 hours and ended the day shooting some explosive powder in a Big Bird head that blew up quite well. Maybe upload the video tomorrow.

Niiiiice. What did you get to shoot?

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #6120 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 21:41:19 »
Christmas shopping! And while it wasn't today, yesterday I *finally* finished my NerD 60 build.

All in all, it was a good weekend.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6121 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 21:58:15 »

I don't even know what everything was. Probably 25 different guns. Pistols and revolvers including, 22, 9mm, .40, .44 .45, 357, .38. Rifles in 7.62, .308, 9mm, .45, 223, 22, 30.06 an AK, and some custom built AR-15s and a few different 12 gauge shotguns. There were also some custom rounds I think that were 223 in a 308 casing? There was quite a bit going on with selections and ammunition types. One thing that was fun was one guy had a gun with about 20 mags that held 40 rounds and he wanted them all burned off because the ammo was **** according to him. So nice to squeeze out a few clips as fast as I could pull the trigger. Nothing really exotic or full auto but still a damn good time.

Edit: My favorite shot of the day. Crossbow arrow I shot with open sights on a Ruger 10-22 at 100ft/30 meters

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 22:06:52 by FreeCopy »
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline iri

« Reply #6122 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 04:24:39 »

I don't even know what everything was. Probably 25 different guns. Pistols and revolvers including, 22, 9mm, .40, .44 .45, 357, .38. Rifles in 7.62, .308, 9mm, .45, 223, 22, 30.06 an AK, and some custom built AR-15s and a few different 12 gauge shotguns. There were also some custom rounds I think that were 223 in a 308 casing? There was quite a bit going on with selections and ammunition types. One thing that was fun was one guy had a gun with about 20 mags that held 40 rounds and he wanted them all burned off because the ammo was **** according to him. So nice to squeeze out a few clips as fast as I could pull the trigger. Nothing really exotic or full auto but still a damn good time.

Edit: My favorite shot of the day. Crossbow arrow I shot with open sights on a Ruger 10-22 at 100ft/30 meters

Show Image

The arrow looks suspiciously undamaged!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6123 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 13:57:48 »

Show Image

The arrow looks suspiciously undamaged!

Edited the image. Top arrow pointing to where I split the fin from the shaft. Bottom arrow pointing to the hole in the shaft.
Keyboards
More

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6124 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 00:24:41 »
Today I sold an EVGA 850w Gold Certified PSU for a freaking great price, pretty much 45% off. This dude should be happy, even delivered the damn thing on the same day he paid and took a loss on the shipping.

+1 me.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6125 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 00:30:53 »
I tried to open realforce case and stripped the screw  :'(  :'( and now i don't know how to fix it

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #6126 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 21:51:28 »
Today I sold an EVGA 850w Gold Certified PSU for a freaking great price, pretty much 45% off. This dude should be happy, even delivered the damn thing on the same day he paid and took a loss on the shipping.

+1 me.

How much did you sell it for?

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6127 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 01:51:06 »

+1 me.

$155 shipped from NSW to VIC

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6128 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 02:00:55 »

+1 me.

say wha...  oh Australia.. large markups eh?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #6129 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 02:04:45 »

+1 me.

Damn good price

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6130 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 02:19:36 »

+1 me.

Damn good price

But the new Platinum 2 850 wuz only 150 on sale..

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #6131 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 02:41:57 »

+1 me.

Damn good price
Show Image

in Australia?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6132 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 02:51:00 »

+1 me.

Damn good price
Show Image

in Australia?

USA

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6133 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 02:53:54 »

+1 me.

Damn good price
Show Image

in Australia?

USA

$155 AUD is $113 USD.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6134 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 03:38:43 »

+1 me.

Damn good price
Show Image

in Australia?

USA

$155 AUD is $113 USD.

That is not amusing.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #6135 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 03:50:27 »

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6136 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 04:17:20 »

That is not amusing.

I feel ya, man.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6137 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 06:35:19 »
Got a couple boxes out of storage looking for some things, found other things I forgot I had but not what I was looking for.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6138 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 22:12:44 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6139 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 22:42:08 »
Show Image

Good luck, do you have one you would prefer?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6140 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 22:43:32 »
Show Image

Good luck, do you have one you would prefer?

Northeastern is probably my first choice

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #6141 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 22:50:26 »
Show Image

St mikes is weird... you're looking at some great schools though, what are you interested in pursuing?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6142 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 23:25:56 »
Show Image

St mikes is weird... you're looking at some great schools though, what are you interested in pursuing?

probly finance or econ or something in business.

What's so weird about mike's?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #6143 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 23:45:17 »
Show Image

probly finance or econ or something in business.

What's so weird about mike's?

I just live near them and the students I interact with are kind of funny. I'm sure there's lots of great people there though.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6144 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 02:52:15 »
Show Image

>UCONN

A+++**+**+*++*+*++++

Good football team. Needs more football.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6145 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 09:14:34 »
Show Image

>UCONN

A+++**+**+*++*+*++++

Because we should all pick our place of higher education based on the quality of their sporting programs.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6146 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 09:16:35 »
Show Image

>UCONN

A+++**+**+*++*+*++++

Because we should all pick our place of higher education based on the quality of their sporting programs.

Only in America! Connecticut is a nice place anyway :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6147 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 09:33:36 »
Show Image

>UCONN

A+++**+**+*++*+*++++

Only in America! Connecticut is a nice place anyway :)

:|  You only say that cause of those friends of yours from CT!  :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6148 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 09:40:04 »
:|  You only say that cause of those friends of yours from CT!  :P

MAYBE

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6149 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 16:06:59 »
went to buy some springs for my car.

out of stock.

a smart person would have called ahead to make sure. but noooooo, not demik. he'll wing it. 2 hrs later my car is still too high.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.