Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423289 times)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #6250 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 21:32:13 »
Well, I've messed up my sleeping schedule quite a bit, now on some sort of hybrid schedule where I sleep 4 hrs in every 12...

Offline iri

« Reply #6251 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:07:53 »
Got a little drunk with an English guy and he tried to explain me British class society. In one hour thirty I started getting the ****.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6252 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:10:00 »
Got a little drunk with an English guy and he tried to explain me British class society. In one hour thirty I started getting the ****.

Where have you been iri, you need to post more.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6253 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:10:41 »
Recovered from flu.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6254 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:10:55 »

Where have you been iri, you need to post more.
getting drunk with the English, obviously!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #6255 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:28:05 »

Where have you been iri
Drinking with Americans.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6256 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:33:37 »

Where have you been iri
Drinking with Americans.

Having fun?

Offline iri

« Reply #6257 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:44:59 »

Where have you been iri
Drinking with Americans.

Having fun?
I have fun drinking with people who are not from Britain. The Irish, Americans, Poles, Czechs, Croatians...

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6258 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:47:23 »
Why not Brits? :(

Offline iri

« Reply #6259 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:49:26 »
Sorry.

I meant the Irish from NI though.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #6260 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 17:30:58 »
My back was behaving today and deadlifts were good.  505 lbs completed.  It wasn't as difficult as I was expecting, either.  Very please to break the 500 mark.

As a bonus, I was without a lunch from home but a bunch of people brought in food for a potluck so I had plenty to chose from this morning to save for lunch.  Mmmm cheese and chili tamales.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6261 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 21:22:58 »
My back was behaving today and deadlifts were good.  505 lbs completed.  It wasn't as difficult as I was expecting, either.  Very please to break the 500 mark.

As a bonus, I was without a lunch from home but a bunch of people brought in food for a potluck so I had plenty to chose from this morning to save for lunch.  Mmmm cheese and chili tamales.

I could maybe do 1/5 of that
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6262 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 21:24:21 »
Had a migraine, went to work and felt better. o_o
I love Elzy

Offline jaffers

« Reply #6263 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 21:27:26 »
woke up at 3 and drove a bulldozer for 7 hours, idk maybe i will get some photosss or something, I like playing around with this dslr

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6264 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:52:00 »
Had a migraine, went to work and felt better. o_o

Courageous, going to work with a migraine.

Glad you're feeling better though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #6265 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 01:39:53 »

We all start somewhere.  I started at 135 and 5 lbs a week from there, then every other week when weekly got too much.  Now it's 10 lbs a month if that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6266 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 03:17:11 »

We all start somewhere.  I started at 135 and 5 lbs a week from there, then every other week when weekly got too much.  Now it's 10 lbs a month if that.

Gain 5lbs a week?   That's not possible.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6267 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:44:10 »

Uhhhh, yeah it is, it's totally possible and actually pretty slow if you're not near your peak and training for strength.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6268 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:45:22 »

Uhhhh, yeah it is, it's totally possible and actually pretty slow if you're not near your peak and training for strength.

did you mean gain 5lbs in weight or lift 5 more pounds of weight.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6269 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:47:24 »

Yes, there has been miscommunication...  :blank:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6270 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:51:48 »

Yes, there has been miscommunication...  :blank:

Nawh, my bad,  I no read good

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6271 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 13:28:12 »
Today I went to a Christmas "party" at my work, where we went over a new employee handbook for 3.5 hours and then had lunch and a gift exchange for the other 0.5 hours.  Found out that I will need to get EA certification within a year which sucks, but also found out that I will be getting two weeks of paid vacation in 2016 along with paid sick days, so I guess it all evened out.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6272 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 15:19:08 »
RIDING AROUND RIDING AROUND RIDING AROUND WITH THAT THANG.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #6273 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:01:37 »
Found out that a good friend of mine lives about 2 and a half hours from BunnyLake.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #6274 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:38:02 »

Add 5 lbs per week to the weight being lifted.  I started out lifting deadlifts at 135 lbs.  I added 5 lbs a week to the starting weight of 135.

For that, it's on the slower side of beginning routines.  Something like Starting Strength or Stong Lifts would have you add 5 lbs per session with squats 3 times a week.  It can add up quickly.  I went more the Greyskull LP route of 5 lbs per week as you can stick to the routine longer.  Plus I started later in life without the youthful recovery so I thought it better to play it safe.  5 lbs a week adds up quickly enough.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:40:38 by Niomosy »

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6275 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 19:56:59 »

Add 5 lbs per week to the weight being lifted.  I started out lifting deadlifts at 135 lbs.  I added 5 lbs a week to the starting weight of 135.

For that, it's on the slower side of beginning routines.  Something like Starting Strength or Stong Lifts would have you add 5 lbs per session with squats 3 times a week.  It can add up quickly.  I went more the Greyskull LP route of 5 lbs per week as you can stick to the routine longer.  Plus I started later in life without the youthful recovery so I thought it better to play it safe.  5 lbs a week adds up quickly enough.

Yeah I was doing like a mark rippetoe thing before, I varied it myself but it would have you pretty much double the weight per week at the start, I went from 60kg squats to 120kg in like six months.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6276 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:29:52 »
Sweated.

Ongoing.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6277 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:31:17 »
Sweated.

Ongoing.

Knew it, currently experiencing as well. Man, I'm moving in like a week and a half back into my Dad's old place and there is less ventilation there in my room :( R.I.P hydration and PC temps.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6278 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:36:20 »

wore these fresh mother****ers.

i LOVE gel lyte IIIs holy ****

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6279 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:49:43 »
Show Image

What colorway is that? Looks nice as hell :cool:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6280 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:50:22 »
Outline for my senior paper done. now to turn those 5 pages into 30

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6281 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:52:24 »
Shaved my ass

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6282 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:56:58 »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6283 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:57:32 »
Show Image

What speakers are those demik? They look like a nice size for computer use.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6284 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:11:03 »
Show Image

What colorway is that? Looks nice as hell :cool:

winter trails, got them 40 bucks off!

Show Image

What speakers are those demik? They look like a nice size for computer use.

audioengine a5! awesome speakers

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6285 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:19:21 »
Shaved my ass

:eek:

I am off work till 27 Jan, apart from loitering on gh, this is my only other acomplishment for today.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #6286 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 01:23:32 »

Yeah I was doing like a mark rippetoe thing before, I varied it myself but it would have you pretty much double the weight per week at the start, I went from 60kg squats to 120kg in like six months.

Yeah, Rip does not screw around.  I keep looking at Texas Method but with Wednesday being intended as light, it means I'm loading up one day with squats, bench, and deadlifts.  Lots of people have mentioned putting that on Fridays though I'm not sure how much I want to hit 1x5 on deadlifts after a heavy set of 5 on squats.

Finished up round 9 of 351 PL and will be doing Candito's 6 week routine starting on the 11th.  That should be interesting as I haven't had that much squat volume in a while.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6287 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 01:28:04 »
Shaved my ass

I am off work till 27 Jan, apart from loitering on gh, this is my only other acomplishment for today.

Depending on growth it can significantly cut down on the dingleberries.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6288 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 01:32:21 »
Shaved my ass

Depending on growth it can significantly cut down on the dingleberries.

Dam it, why didnt someone say something. I collect dingleberries.

Offline iri

« Reply #6289 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 02:20:26 »
Drank with Brits.

Slept for 3 hours.

Waiting for a car that will bring me to London.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6290 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 07:01:21 »
OMW to manhattan for g-ma's 91st. Don't do ANYTHING without me, k?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6291 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 07:21:15 »
Getting ready to drive across the state of Georgia from north to south.

On a side note anyone along the I75 corridor looking for a blank hhkb type s hit me up. But I'm not stopping in Atlanta :P

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6292 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 10:24:27 »
Worked in a different department than usual and got fed up very quickly.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6293 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 10:28:09 »
I have toked some bowls and played Civ 5 for about 2 hours now, one more turn should suffice though

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6294 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 10:30:31 »
I have toked some bowls and played Civ 5 for about 2 hours now, one more turn should suffice though

Just...one...more...turn...

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6295 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 14:11:39 »

Just...one...more...turn...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6296 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 15:51:43 »
I drove through one of the wealthier neighborhoods in the area and saw a house with their own snow machine making snow in a 15x30ft area of their front yard...

:confused:

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6297 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 16:21:37 »

I drove through one of the wealthier neighborhoods in the area and saw a house with their own snow machine making snow in a 15x30ft area of their front yard...

I also went to a richer neighbourhood.

Here's a view near there

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6298 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 16:23:52 »

but...

you live...

:blank:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6299 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 16:28:55 »

but...

you live...

:blank:

There is absolutely zero snow on the ground. Most people are happy, but apparently these people aren't going to let Mother Nature push them around.