Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423289 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #6400 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 02:22:55 »
One thing I know she made is Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake. I'm so getting sick tomorrow.

hehehe there's no snow in Miami...  OHHH

OMG you've got my attention with cheesecake.  :O  ugh.  I'm so hungry.

At this point what I've done is taste tester.

They're in cupcake form.

Well that's a sight that can't be unseen.  :|

Now I really want cheesecake.  :O

Those cupcake cheesecakes are even better cause they're easier to put in your mouth.

A few years ago she made a few dozen of them and I told the guys at work I would bring a dozen or so in. I ended up dropping them on the kitchen floor that morning. The floor had been neglected for too long so they ended up with a good helping of cat hair and dirt/dust/etc from the floor. When I tried explaining this it was expressed with anger how that didn't matter and they would have eaten them anyway and picked the extra stuff out of their teeth.

Actually, only 2 or 3 of them were in a recoverable state and I ate those.

Haha, I agree with your coworkers.  :))  It takes a lot for me to throw away a cheesecake.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6401 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 07:52:26 »
Just got back from midnight beach beers, gonna hit the hay, bad luck if clack opens Clackvent but what can you do. A good night was had  :thumb:
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6402 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 20:12:41 »
I haven't done it yet but I'm about to leave in a few minutes to go watch the new Will Ferrell movie with the siblings. Will never seems to fail when it comes to comedy. :)
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6403 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 21:52:23 »
I haven't done it yet but I'm about to leave in a few minutes to go watch the new Will Ferrell movie with the siblings. Will never seems to fail when it comes to comedy. :)

Well,......  Kevin Hart was great , but Will was lacking in the recent "Get Hard"

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #6404 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 11:28:58 »
Got the keys to my new house (rental but still good to have an address again). My dog arrives by plane tomorrow after not seeing him for 2 weeks YAY.
Just out of curiosity, how does a ticket like that work?  Is it more or less than a person and do they have any requirements like a cage, weight limit, etc?

Reason I ask is that one day I want my wife to have her dog Benji visit us in the US.  He'll hate it, but maybe he will get how good he has it back in India after the trip.

Congrats on the engagement!  First the engagement ring, then the wedding ring, and then the suffering, hahaha!

So with domestic, which is what my dogs flight was. I paid a  company to organise it but essentally they go as baggage. My dogs flight was 900 AUD for about a 5 hour flight (thats a guess o  flight time). This includes pickup and drop off from airport so flight was probebly about 500-600. If you fly with your dog you can check them in as excess baggage but  you have to provide cage or pay for rental.

International is a little more complex depending on country but coming into australia (i would say the same for US) your dog has to go into quarintine for a period of time. Just guessing but about 3 to 6 weeks. Cages also have requirements set by airlines. So the dog has to be able to stand and do a 360 in the cage for it to be accepted.
Thank you for the feedback!  He's never survive that quarantine, haha.  He's hand fed every meal!  Definitely spoiled but protects his family to the point that a door bell has him barking endlessly until they tell him it's okay.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6405 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 11:32:27 »
Got back home yesterday evening after travelling for almost 30hrs, took a proper shower, and passed out.  Woke up around 4am to drink water and eat and been up since.  Fixed some routing issues with our main business router, but still need to fix all of it and the Internet outages.  Spent some time on GH.  Let's see if I crash from the jetlag and time difference or sleep on time to wake Monday morning on a regular schedule.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6406 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 19:08:59 »
hung out with the toronto boyz
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6407 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 02:12:18 »
Went to Melbourne Zoo.  There was a 1 hour wait in the queue to get in (actually 1 hour, 2 minutes, 57 seconds).  Once in there were more queues for anything food related (input and output), and half the animals seemed to be hiding.

But overall it was a good day :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #6408 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 23:38:44 »
Got back from UK

jetlag make me cri evertim

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6409 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 07:21:50 »
Woke up on time today ready for work after a whirlwind of tasks that messed up my attempt to wake Monday morning.

We got our first healthy dumping of snow and sleet--9in and .9in respectively--setting new records.  Hence why I was up all night Sunday working on the car swapping to the winter set and fluid filming anything that might get rusty this year. 

It all paid off yesterday when picking up my wife from work--the streets were the biggest mess we've ever seen with cars stuck all over the place.  Luckily, I was able to just point in a direction and go without any drama thanks to the tires and awd. 

Saw some crazy things though--like a bus that was sliding backwards on a hill.  :eek:  I've never seen the dual axles on a bus spin before--I always thought they'd be heavy enough to have grip.  I guess not.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6410 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 08:58:15 »
Woke up on time today ready for work after a whirlwind of tasks that messed up my attempt to wake Monday morning.

We got our first healthy dumping of snow and sleet--9in and .9in respectively--setting new records.  Hence why I was up all night Sunday working on the car swapping to the winter set and fluid filming anything that might get rusty this year. 

It all paid off yesterday when picking up my wife from work--the streets were the biggest mess we've ever seen with cars stuck all over the place.  Luckily, I was able to just point in a direction and go without any drama thanks to the tires and awd. 

Saw some crazy things though--like a bus that was sliding backwards on a hill.  :eek:  I've never seen the dual axles on a bus spin before--I always thought they'd be heavy enough to have grip.  I guess not.

Someone's back in Milwaukee, I see!  :D

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6411 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 13:27:02 »

Someone's back in Milwaukee, I see!  :D
Yep!  Looks like Milwaukee is back too, lol.  But not for long, work is pending in HSV.  And then it's going to be back and forth for the next few weeks with some other travel thrown in as well.  This year is going to be much crazier for me travel-wise.  I've already got another two international trips to plan by June.  :eek:

I just want a good month at home in bed.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6412 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:28:59 »

Hanging out with the fishes.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6413 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:38:14 »
Got my eyes tested - still bad. :cool:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6414 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:15:00 »

it's all the computer's fault...  damn you 17" CRT...

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6415 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:16:42 »

it's all the computer's fault...  damn you 17" CRT...

it's true for me, my eyesight falls of the distance my monitor sits :blank:

Offline OTD

« Reply #6416 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:19:24 »
Driving half an hour for a possible trade. does it count if i have not done it yet?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6417 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:19:52 »
Driving half an hour for a possible trade. does it count if i have not done it yet?

Watch your butthole
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6418 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:51:58 »
Spent over half the day figuring out what fried in HSV during the last thunderstorm.  I don't know what's going on over there, but the last 3 storms have killed almost a grand in equipment--and that's all behind surge protectors, and not cheap ones either.  I don't get it.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6419 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:04:55 »
Spent over half the day figuring out what fried in HSV during the last thunderstorm.  I don't know what's going on over there, but the last 3 storms have killed almost a grand in equipment--and that's all behind surge protectors, and not cheap ones either.  I don't get it.

If you don't mind me asking, what or where is HSV?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6420 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:24:15 »

HSV is the airport code for Huntsville, Alabama.  :cool:

Offline __red__

« Reply #6421 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:44:12 »
I got a company credit card to buy stuff with, although I was told mech. keyboards for the whole office are NOT in the budget :(
I can get you a deal on a few Hundred model Ms :)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6422 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:45:44 »
I got a company credit card to buy stuff with, although I was told mech. keyboards for the whole office are NOT in the budget :(

Lol imagining a whole office of model Ms, the sound would be delightful for some and completely terrible for others.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6423 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 17:07:24 »

:eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6424 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 22:01:11 »

...could they do USBs?  It just so happens that the owner has been wanting a Model M for awhile and I could probably convince him to pick some up, although it wouldn't be to the tune of hundreds but rather more like 50 max.

HSV is the airport code for Huntsville, Alabama.  :cool:

Okay, thanks :)
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6425 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 06:22:28 »
If you're serious, PM me.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6426 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 07:43:29 »
I'm ~45 minutes from www.mechanicalkeyboards.com store but I've got to be responsible and not stop in.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6427 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 10:21:04 »
I'm ~45 minutes from www.mechanicalkeyboards.com store but I've got to be responsible and not stop in.

Being responsible is so boring though, why not stop in just for a peek?  It's like when you're playing Civilization and you need just one more turn.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6428 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 15:37:44 »

Being responsible is so boring though, why not stop in just for a peek?  It's like when you're playing Civilization and you need just one more turn.
I'm home now! Maybe one day. :D

Offline __red__

« Reply #6429 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 17:17:36 »
For the curious, pm was sent :)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6430 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 18:00:08 »

I know SamirD is all about the Model Ms, hoping to see something worked out for him. :thumb:

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #6431 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:28:07 »
Yesterday was my last day out skiing before I head back to reality. Dad got me into some more great lines. Lots of hiking in and out, but totally worth. :)

It took a while to get all the ice out of my beard after I got back to the car. Haha...

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #6432 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:28:30 »
Took the screen protector off my phone

new year new me

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6433 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:30:40 »
Took the screen protector off my phone

new year new me

It really is a fresh start, I feel risky though.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6434 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:37:50 »
Yesterday was my last day out skiing before I head back to reality. Dad got me into some more great lines. Lots of hiking in and out, but totally worth. :)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It took a while to get all the ice out of my beard after I got back to the car. Haha...

Show Image

That looks like an amazing adventure.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6435 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 10:20:36 »

Lol imagining a whole office of model Ms, the sound would be delightful for some and completely terrible for others.
I bet it would be no different than the steno pools back in the 1950s.  :eek:
Be responsible--go in and let us know how awesome everything is and what great deals they have in the store--and walk out with nothing.  Do it!  We're all behind you!  :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Absolutely wow.  Just looking at those pics made my cold worse. :(

I know SamirD is all about the Model Ms, hoping to see something worked out for him. :thumb:
I really love the M, so I'd be heaven with a couple of hundred of the things.  :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6436 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 14:37:22 »

This happened.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6437 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 14:39:33 »
Show Image

This happened.

Playing by yourself? :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6438 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 14:54:56 »
Show Image

This happened.

Just using half the table but I've got some competition, you can see her under the table. :D

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6439 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 14:59:44 »
Show Image

This happened.

Just using half the table but I've got some competition, you can see her under the table. :D

Haha nice, ping pong is such a fun sport to pass time. My friends use to take it so serious in gym class back in high school.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #6440 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:32:43 »
My and my fiancée's family and friends have had a double elimination ping pong tournament every year for the last three. Our fourth begins in a few hours.

Gotta love ping pong.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6441 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:39:34 »

My and my fiancée's family and friends have had a double elimination ping pong tournament every year for the last three. Our fourth begins in a few hours.

Gotta love ping pong.

Better win, my money's riding on you!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #6442 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:41:13 »

Gotta love ping pong.

Thanks bae <3 I won year 1, need to reclaim title.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6443 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:41:40 »

Gotta love ping pong.

Thanks bae <3 I won year 1, need to reclaim title.

Channel the inner shark!

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6444 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 19:08:28 »
I got some solid work done today, but being sick it's almost completely wiped me out. :(  I even have a package that I don't have the strength to open. :(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6445 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 04:34:47 »
HNY - as others most likely did, drink. No hangover for me though. :p

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6446 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 04:40:55 »
Delivered pizzas for the first time in my life because 6 weeks of holidays is boring and it is just so dam easy.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6447 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 22:25:53 »
2015 I watched all the evangelion episodes as the events in show happened IRL

today was the latter half of EoE ^^

brain still hurts

I get to see my Mari again soon <3
I love Elzy

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6448 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 23:38:52 »
Rested to try to get over this cold. :(  Didn't help much though as I feel it go into my chest now. :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6449 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:07:10 »
Went to the beach.

There was lots of water.  And lots of sand.  And lots of wind.  And some sun.

And seagulls.