Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423143 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #7000 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 16:25:33 »
Not today, but I did set up a Pi-hole this week (https://pi-hole.net/) for tinkering with/enjoying. I loathe the state of advertising online.

How is your framerate while gaming or streaming? Pretty much the same?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7001 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 18:30:53 »
Learned that tp4 joined GH before me.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #7002 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 19:31:00 »
Not today, but I did set up a Pi-hole this week (https://pi-hole.net/) for tinkering with/enjoying. I loathe the state of advertising online.

Haven't tested it yet, honestly. Got the configuration all done. Need to redo a bit of my network setup to put it in place and such. I'll let you know (if I remember) once I have it actually set up and running.

Have you heard... things?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7003 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 19:33:15 »

Haven't tested it yet, honestly. Got the configuration all done. Need to redo a bit of my network setup to put it in place and such. I'll let you know (if I remember) once I have it actually set up and running.

Have you heard... things?

Haha, no this is the first I've heard of Pi-hole so I'm mostly just curious

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #7004 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 19:36:12 »
I had it up and running for a few hours the other day with a couple of my machines pointed at it. Didn't notice any issues. Had to take it down because it's just not set up in an ideal place (kitchen table) and I have to reconfigure my router for it.

Either way, while it was up and running (for like 30 minutes) it gobbled up 8% of all my traffic as ads. Pretty shocking.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7005 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 19:45:45 »
I had it up and running for a few hours the other day with a couple of my machines pointed at it. Didn't notice any issues. Had to take it down because it's just not set up in an ideal place (kitchen table) and I have to reconfigure my router for it.

Either way, while it was up and running (for like 30 minutes) it gobbled up 8% of all my traffic as ads. Pretty shocking.

Well......... I move 40 terabytes a month.. so... ads are the least of my worries.

The problem with adblocking for me is that blocking them screw up some webpages..

Does pi-hole fix that?

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #7006 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 19:52:16 »

Well......... I move 40 terabytes a month.. so... ads are the least of my worries.

The problem with adblocking for me is that blocking them screw up some webpages..

Does pi-hole fix that?

Honestly, if your site is broken because of ads... well, I don't give a ****.

I use Focus on my phone and have noticed that some pages don't load right anymore. I would imagine it'll do the same basic thing on Pi-hole since it's redirecting ad-network content to a blank page stored on my Raspberry Pi. Did you read how it works?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7007 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 07:44:48 »
Finally made photos of my HHKB. And did some work-related stuff because I'm a bit behind project schedule (as usual).
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #7008 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 19:08:52 »
Cut some 6061 T6 with my table saw. First aluminum with it,  now to get it down to Rainbow for Cerakote tomorrow.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7009 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 19:16:28 »
Cut some 6061 T6 with my table saw. First aluminum with it,  now to get it down to Rainbow for Cerakote tomorrow.

Holy flying bits of aluminum batman! That is awesome :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7010 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 20:20:42 »

Are you using a special aluminum blade ?.. or just a wood blade.. I had alot of trouble machining aluminum on the lathe using bits meant for steel, the breaker shape and relief angles were off.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #7011 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 20:28:29 »

Are you using a special aluminum blade ?.. or just a wood blade.. I had alot of trouble machining aluminum on the lathe using bits meant for steel, the breaker shape and relief angles were off.

I am using a blade from Diablo designed for laminates, melamine, and aluminum.  It has a triple chip grind.  Essentially, every other tooth has the outside corners taken off.

Totally to got to post a pic.

135377-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 April 2016, 20:32:54 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #7012 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:08:08 »
bought some fabric, going to try to make a keyboard sleeve or two for myself..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7013 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:23:13 »

Show Image

I haz a sewing machine..

Don't know how to use it...

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7014 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:25:31 »

Show Image

I haz a sewing machine..

Show Image

pffft, you don't want to admit it.

Fact: women love guys that can sew :cool:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7015 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:26:00 »
Just wired up a DIN5 cable to my leeku pcb. Now if my led's would come in I can finish this thing.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7016 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:55:22 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:26:17 by alienman82 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7017 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 00:02:46 »

Show Image

I haz a sewing machine..

Show Image

I can haz sewing machine too!

I can sewz.  And did yesterday, actually, although it did take nearly en hour to get it properly threaded :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #7018 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 00:26:28 »
Cut some more aluminum.  Not much difference between cutting .062" vs .160" really.  Just more shavings from the thicker stuff.

New day but I paid my shop about a grand for work on my car, took 4 pieces of aluminum to the paint shop, put gas in both cars, struck out an an e-waste shop looking for keyboards unless you could a scissor switch compact layout, made in Czech Republic cherry that I didn't buy, and went to Pizza Ranch, they were doing a fund raiser for my kiddos day care
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 April 2016, 22:40:37 by Melvang »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7019 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 23:16:45 »
I spilled a soda near my camera, which splashed on the lens and surrounding components.  Originally thought I cleaned it up well enough, but when I went to check it today it was all gummed up and I had a hard time even getting the lens off.  So I did a little minor surgery and cleaned her up.  Only shot the tiny spring across the room once, and somehow defied the laws of life and found it within a few seconds of looking.  :eek:

Minolta XG-M by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Note: this is not my primary (digital) camera  ;)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7020 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 23:24:45 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:22:59 by alienman82 »

Offline waitinginexile

• Nathan O.
« Reply #7021 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 18:46:21 »
I spilled a soda near my camera, which splashed on the lens and surrounding components.  Originally thought I cleaned it up well enough, but when I went to check it today it was all gummed up and I had a hard time even getting the lens off.  So I did a little minor surgery and cleaned her up.  Only shot the tiny spring across the room once, and somehow defied the laws of life and found it within a few seconds of looking.  :eek:

Show Image

Yikes, that's rough. At least it wasn't your primary
i am zeal-less i am feel-less

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7022 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 19:08:44 »
Today I slept for 14 hours, which is only 5 hours less than the total amount of sleep I've gotten this entire week since last Sunday.

Feel good. Body's a little confused though.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7023 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 09:15:16 »

Show Image

Yikes, that's rough. At least it wasn't your primary

Thankfully!  It is my go-to film camera, but of course I only use it intermittently. 

Wisconsin, eh??  :D  Whereabouts?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7024 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 11:16:46 »

Show Image

I haz a sewing machine..

Show Image

Gonna need Beehatch to confirm this...

Is it only that they like ghey men who can sew them dresses,  or are they enamored by straight-men or any man who can sew..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7025 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 12:42:28 »

Show Image

I haz a sewing machine..

Show Image

Is it only that they like ghey men who can sew them dresses,  or are they enamored by straight-men or any man who can sew..

idk man, in my family both men and women pick up arms and sewing needles. Women I've dated in the past seemed to be cool with that

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7026 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 16:04:16 »

Show Image

I haz a sewing machine..

Show Image

idk man, in my family both men and women pick up arms and sewing needles. Women I've dated in the past seemed to be cool with that

Where are the females.. 

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #7027 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 23:50:54 »

disassembled my AEK and Clueboard.. gonna get some projects going  :thumb:

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7028 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 01:46:42 »
Finally got my Widdlekitty Esc/Fn pack & Superlux HD562 headphones. I'm at work so will update this post later with some latvian potato photos.

EDIT: Mixed up my threads. Will repost this in "Mail today" thread. Sorrz.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2016, 01:53:09 by funderburker »

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7029 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 01:52:24 »
Finally got my Widdlekitty Esc/Fn pack & Superlux HD562 headphones. I'm at work so will update this post later with some latvian potato photos.

if there is not one potato in your pictures, im going to be very disappointed.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7030 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 09:12:03 »

My friend's parents are both from Latvia and he doesn't even like potatoes, worst Latvian ever.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7031 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 10:18:08 »

My friend's parents are both from Latvia and he doesn't even like potatoes, worst Latvian ever.
He really is then. We have a shaming list for those kinds of people.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7032 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 10:22:05 »

Was he disowned? My parents disowned me for hating Mexican food.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7033 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 10:30:47 »

I've never met a Mexican who doesn't like Mexican food.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7034 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 10:32:05 »

He really is then. We have a shaming list for those kinds of people.

Good, I'll let him know his fellow countrymen wish to shame him as well.

He hasn't been...yet.  Maybe they're in for the long con?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7035 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 10:42:20 »

I'm glad I'm your first. Was I gentle? Did I make you feel special? Pretty?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7036 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 10:44:58 »

It was like eating a hard shell taco: gross.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7037 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 10:45:25 »

It was like eating a hard shell taco: gross.

Rude OnO

Offline iri

« Reply #7038 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 11:27:41 »

I've never met a human who doesn't like Mexican food.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7039 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 11:36:27 »
My parents disowned me for hating Mexican food.

TIL tortas are not Mexican.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7040 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 11:37:47 »

Me too man. Me too.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7041 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 11:51:38 »

Me too man. Me too.

Wait. WTFreak. They're not?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7042 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 11:55:13 »

Me too man. Me too.

Wait. WTFreak. They're not?

Torta has a lot of different variations amongst different ethnicities.  Some are sweet, some are flatter, some are just treated like bread, some are treated like open face sandwiches, etc.

From Wikipedia: Torta, a Spanish word with a huge array of regional culinary meanings, from its traditional meaning of flatbread to cake

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7043 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 11:55:22 »
I dunno OnO

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7044 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 11:56:27 »
I had a tuna wrap just now..

Pretty good..  I got the whole wheat wrap, so hopefully no diabetus..

Offline totoloco

« Reply #7045 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 12:17:28 »
Worked most of the day, then started a new painting  :D

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #7046 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 17:22:30 »
Just got back from my spontaneous camping trip :)
where we camped

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7047 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 17:33:56 »
Just got back from my spontaneous camping trip :)
where we camped
Show Image

Awesome! That place looks great. Seems like everyone I know is going camping recently - gettin' me all excited! 

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #7048 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 22:23:14 »
Ordered the Obstructures A2 wallet in titanium.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7049 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 15:37:12 »
First day with RF10AE plates on vehicle.  Already had one coworker ask what they mean.  Spent 20 minutes explaining this keyboard nonsense to him.  xD