Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423231 times)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #7400 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 23:04:39 »
I plan on doing something similar to my Jane:
Gateron Blues with 85g springs for the Caps and Scroll Locks, and then an MX Lock for the Fn layer. The rest of the board will have Zealios, so having that audible click for the Locks would be great feedback.

I also did 78g zealios for the mods except enter and the shifts. I use a "reaching pinky" for those the most often so I didn't want them be too heavy. We will see how it goes after a week at work.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2016, 09:06:56 by boostdemon »
-Dana

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7401 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:10:17 »
Gateron Blues with 85g springs for the Caps and Scroll Locks, and then an MX Lock for the Fn layer. The rest of the board will have Zealios, so having that audible click for the Locks would be great feedback.

I also did 78g zealios for the mods except enter and the shifts. I use a "reaching pinky" for those the most often so I didn't want them be too heavy. We will see how it goes after a week at work.

I was debating whether to up my Zealios to 78g, but that seemed to heavy for long typing sessions. I currently have 65g and will have them spring-swapped with 72g springs.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #7402 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:24:52 »

I was debating whether to up my Zealios to 78g, but that seemed to heavy for long typing sessions. I currently have 65g and will have them spring-swapped with 72g springs.

I'll be honest, I cant really tell the difference between the 67 and 78g springs. Maybe once they get used and worn in a little bit the weights will become more apparent.
-Dana

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7403 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:25:40 »

I'll be honest, I cant really tell the difference between the 67 and 78g springs. Maybe once they get used and worn in a little bit the weights will become more apparent.

No one can,  it's all in one's mind.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7404 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:32:18 »

Well, that's weird. Going to order 78g Zealios later anyway, so maybe I'll use the 72g springs for something else.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #7405 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:55:32 »
I just got out of a meeting where I was a stone cold mf'er towards somebody that was openly hostile toward me.  Feels good man.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7406 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:56:43 »
I just got out of a meeting where I was a stone cold mf'er towards somebody that was openly hostile toward me.  Feels good man.

Stance of Dominance ?

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #7407 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:00:29 »

Stance of Dominance ?

No stance, just words :)
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #7408 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:32:05 »
it sometimes amazes me how some adults still cant cope with conflict and act like children... in the work place. Good for you for being level headed.
-Dana

Offline iri

« Reply #7409 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 16:54:09 »
I'd like something more than 'good for you' for being level-headed with hostile people at work.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #7410 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 17:19:59 »
Made some headway into this afterparty mess.

Buit it was delicious...  ^-^
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #7411 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 19:05:44 »
it sometimes amazes me how some adults still cant cope with conflict and act like children... in the work place. Good for you for being level headed.

Most of my job involves dealing with over-educated asshats that act like spoiled children.  Normally, I have no problem dealing with that and the conflict that goes with it.

But I draw the line at boorish behavior in meetings directed at me.

:shrug:

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #7412 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 00:55:54 »
walked a lil bit

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7413 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 10:42:17 »
walked a lil bit

Nice!  How is the recovery going otherwise?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

« Reply #7414 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 10:55:17 »
walked a lil bit

so far the leg has healed up mostly, still have 2 graft sites that are healing super slow, but at least they're not getting worse and like dying or something but if the sites get infected there's a high chance of losing my leg, so were being super careful and im on constant antibiotics

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7415 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 10:58:39 »
walked a lil bit

so far the leg has healed up mostly, still have 2 graft sites that are healing super slow, but at least they're not getting worse and like dying or something but if the sites get infected there's a high chance of losing my leg, so were being super careful and im on constant antibiotics

Good to hear, and hopefully infection stays away. :thumb:
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #7416 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 20:35:57 »
I'd like something more than 'good for you' for being level-headed with hostile people at work.

I wish it was "you get to keep your job" but thats not always the case.

Made some headway into this afterparty mess.

Buit it was delicious...  ^-^

Nice setup - I need to do something with my pans like that.

Most of my job involves dealing with over-educated asshats that act like spoiled children.  Normally, I have no problem dealing with that and the conflict that goes with it.

But I draw the line at boorish behavior in meetings directed at me.

:shrug:

oh, so you're in the school system? :p
-Dana

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #7417 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 20:38:00 »
Put on a white coat for the first time today   :D

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #7418 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 08:36:45 »
... i didn't do anything today. didn't even went outside.. just chilling in my room alllll day.

holy hell.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7419 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 12:05:59 »
... i didn't do anything today. didn't even went outside.. just chilling in my room alllll day.

holy hell.

Tp4 says Hello.

Congratulations on your First step towawrds #Ronery4Ever..

« Reply #7420 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 12:11:35 »
**** all so far.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7422 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 12:42:29 »
After I got Prisma to work in the emulator I tried out Pokemon GO. It no work in my virtual machine :'(

A blessing in disguise -- I guess. The last thing I want is to be banned from Pokemon GO :-*
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2016, 21:13:52 by csmertx »

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #7423 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 21:06:19 »

holy hell.

Tp4 says Hello.

Congratulations on your First step towawrds #Ronery4Ever..

Show Image

holy hell tp  :))

nah, i might be inside the house but smartphone do have its uses..
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7424 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 03:05:52 »

Did it have sleeves that wrap around and tie at the back?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7425 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 03:06:55 »

:)) :'(

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #7426 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 02:20:04 »
I removed 2 teeth today so I can get braces, feeling fine but it won't stop bleeding  :mad:
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7427 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 05:56:39 »
I removed 2 teeth today so I can get braces, feeling fine but it won't stop bleeding  :mad:

You removed your own teeth? :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7428 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 08:35:11 »

Is that weird or something?

« Reply #7429 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 11:33:40 »

a little at least to me :/

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #7430 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 11:40:20 »

;)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7431 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 12:08:24 »

Everybody removes their own teeth..

« Reply #7432 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 12:11:43 »

Show Image

i mean if its already loose yeah.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7433 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 12:14:56 »

Show Image

i hope that's the case

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7434 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 12:17:00 »

Show Image

I thought it was common to drink a bunch of vodka and fall down the stairs to remove your teeth?  Or maybe that is just a 'Murican thing?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7435 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 12:22:50 »

I thought it was common to drink a bunch of vodka and fall down the stairs to remove your teeth?  Or maybe that is just a 'Murican thing?

I just hope there arn't any peeps who take the internet seriously on Geekhack.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7436 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 13:21:57 »

Not all of us are rich and can afford to go to the dentist like Mr. Moneybags TP.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7437 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 13:31:19 »

Not all of us are rich and can afford to go to the dentist like Mr. Moneybags TP.

I got der' Obama Care..

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7438 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 13:52:48 »

I got der' Obama Care..

Show Image

You gotta pay extra for dental with those plans though.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7439 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 14:04:47 »

I'm pretty lucky that I mostly don't eat sweets..

Sweets is what gets people to the dentist..

Besides my wisdom teeth, I've not had to go to the dentist for over 10 years..

0 - Cavities..

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7440 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 14:33:15 »

0 - Cavities..

Somehow, even though I eat a lot of sweets, I have only had one small cavity and that happened more than 15 years ago.  I think genetics has a lot of do with teeth along with things like proper care and diet, because with all the sugar I used to take in daily I shouldn't have a single tooth without a cavity.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7441 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 14:39:51 »

0 - Cavities..

Somehow, even though I eat a lot of sweets, I have only had one small cavity and that happened more than 15 years ago.  I think genetics has a lot of do with teeth along with things like proper care and diet, because with all the sugar I used to take in daily I shouldn't have a single tooth without a cavity.

I had a thing for sweets and because of crazy amounts of plaque I only have one cavity (tbh -- the cavity formed because my wisdom tooth came up and crushed the side of my molar)  :thumb:

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #7442 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 15:13:13 »
Tried switching the voltage on my ram and accidentally lowered it too far and PC wouldn't turn on so I had to go in and reset the BIOS by pulling the battery. Cleaned the whole thing while I was in there.

Offline DynamicDuck

« Reply #7443 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 15:16:06 »
Played golf with cousins, dropped cousins home, visited grandparents, and came home to my keyboard. It's the school summer holidays where I am.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7444 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 15:19:44 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:27:00 by alienman82 »

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #7445 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 02:50:05 »

0 - Cavities..

candy is life.
you never get your teeth cleaned at the dentist?
I wish it wasn't soon

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7446 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 04:04:26 »

0 - Cavities..

candy is life.
you never get your teeth cleaned at the dentist?

Some people need this..

I don't, I've checked there's hardly any calcium build up on the inside..

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7447 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 17:12:42 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:26:45 by alienman82 »

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7448 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 17:13:44 »

I don't, I've checked there's hardly any calcium build up on the inside..

eww tp4 no get cleanings T_T

Tp4 flosses..

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7449 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 17:14:47 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:26:42 by alienman82 »