Author Topic: Who do you consider a friend on GH?  (Read 14739 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Who do you consider a friend on GH?
« on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 20:15:41 »
Meaning you talk to them outside of this forum. Whether IRL or Skype/Gtalk/AIM(is this still a thing?)

I think this is the first forum I've been a part of that I consider some of the members close (or as close as you can get online) friends.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 April 2014, 20:17:16 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Who do you consider a friend on GH?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:07:21 »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:14:15 »
Wierd, I agree with Demik!

There are a few people I chat with, and some I have even met IRL. And then a few more who I would be delighted if the phone rang and they said their name and forum name.

For all the fractiousness, this is a most convivial "place" to hang out.

-Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:17:23 »
Weird, I agree with Demik!

Baby steps Ron, baby steps!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:18:23 »
Wierd, I agree with Demik!

There are a few people I chat with, and some I have even met IRL. And then a few more who I would be delighted if the phone rang and they said their name and forum name.

For all the fractiousness, this is a most convivial "place" to hang out.

-Ron | samwisekoi

basically this

I might be planning something special for a special few people soon maybe possibly

you'll know who you are soon enough if you're involved

Anyone who's come into my house I consider an especially close friend here.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:26:00 »
I grabbed beers with BadWrench.  Does that count?  He's a cool dude and we barely even talked about keyboard or computers when we hung out.

There are a lot of cool people on here.  Some *******s, but hey, that's life.  A lot of cool people though and generally a cool community.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:27:05 »
i'm even more boring IRL

Offline Belfong

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:28:59 »
I love this forum. I've more PM here than all other forums I frequented combined. It's weird that I find comradeship in a keyboard instead of say, games, gfx card or other more high profiled IT component. 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:29:12 »
I grabbed beers with BadWrench.  Does that count?  He's a cool dude and we barely even talked about keyboard or computers when we hung out.

There are a lot of cool people on here.  Some *******s, but hey, that's life.  A lot of cool people though and generally a cool community.

thanks for not inviting me ;_; i guess im the ******* you speak of

Offline Belfong

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:29:29 »
I love this forum. I've more PM here than all other forums I frequented combined. It's weird that I find comradeship in a keyboard instead of say, games, gfx card or other more high profiled IT component. 

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:30:11 »
I pray every night that milky values me as a real friend

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:32:38 »

i do, also as a real hero and a real human bean

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:34:05 »
I wish I were demik's friend but I don't have his skype ID ;)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:34:06 »

i do, also as a real hero and a real human bean

Must have been that bean I had for dinner!

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:34:10 »
I have never met another geekhacker in real life, but have had friendly exchanges with a couple of dozen of you and irregular but ongoing online  "relationships" with at least half a dozen.

"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:35:39 »
my crew
I love Elzy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:38:02 »

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:40:15 »
demik, i would hang out with you IRL, but you live in god-awful Los Angeles.  If you ever got enough sense to move the East Coast we could be real life buds.

Well, until you move to New York City, can we be geekhack friends?  I will friend you if you say yes. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:41:30 »
demik, i would hang out with you IRL, but you live in god-awful Los Angeles.  If you ever got enough sense to move the East Coast we could be real life buds.

Well, until you move to New York City, can we be geekhack friends?  I will friend you if you say yes. 

That's funny, because I would hang out with you IRL, but you live in god-awful New York!

AND YES WE ARE GH BUDDIES 4 LIFE.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:44:12 »

I remember inviting you but you saying something about you not drinking or just deciding to not come out or something.

Still love you demik, even though you abandoned me when I wanted to celebrate getting a job...

#demikssoftassdrakemother****erwhodontdrink

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:45:11 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:45:25 »

I remember inviting you but you saying something about you not drinking or just deciding to not come out or something.

Still love you demik, even though you abandoned me when I wanted to celebrate getting a job...

#demikssoftassdrakemother****erwhodontdrink

now i def can't meet you since you'll arrested me for being brown in OC.

my crew

WE FORM LIKE VOLTRON

And I'm the head!

Do you happen to be GZA?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:46:37 »

I don't have my badge yet.  That and my badge doesn't let me arrest people, just march into places and marshal assets.  I don't even know why we need a badge for my job. 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:49:23 »

I don't have my badge yet.  That and my badge doesn't let me arrest people, just march into places and marshal assets.  I don't even know why we need a badge for my job. 

it's for when you feel bad, you look down and say "well ****, i'm a white dude with a badge. life isn't that bad!"

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:50:11 »
everyone on gh is my friend.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:51:34 »

it's for when you feel bad, you look down and say "well ****, i'm a white dude with a badge. life isn't that bad!"

Because being white in OC isn't enough to make life good.  Poor brown, black, yellow, red, freckled, poor, and anything but middle class on up white people in OC, ya'll is ****ed.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:52:28 »

Because being white in OC isn't enough to make life good.  Poor brown, black, yellow, red, freckled, poor, and anything but middle class on up white people in OC, ya'll is ****ed.

whoa whoa whoa, if you're going to speak urban to me.. it's y'all!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:01:32 »
whoa whoa whoa, if you're going to speak urban to me.. it's y'all!

I'm one honky ass mofo.  What is this about speaking urban?

TP4 is friend to all...

Show Image

If by all you mean making furious love to an Ergodox in the corner.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:02:17 »
demik

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:07:19 »
TP4 is friend to all...

Show Image

wut?

umm, wut wut? 

Stats from US Census Bureau:

Orange County (CA) is 74.5% White (CA is 73.7%)

Black or African American 2.0% (CA is 6.6%)

Asian 18.9% (CA is 13.9%)

Hispanic or Latino 34.1% (CA is 38.2%)

So you are about average for white people (compared with rest of CA), but WAY under-represented by Black People (-350% below state average).  You are also under-represented by Latino's, but only 12% less than the rest of the state.  So good job?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:21:52 »

umm, wut wut? 

So you are about average for white people (compared with rest of CA), but WAY under-represented by Black People (-350% below state average).  You are also under-represented by Latino's, but only 12% less than the rest of the state.  So good job?

Orange County is conservative white rich snob mecca, so there's a ton of gentrification, white flight, and other racial issues.  One of my coworkers, who is a social worker, just confided in me about being afraid of black people.  Most Asians are centered in Westminster (poor to middle class Vietnamese, one of the largest Vietnamese communities in the US) and Irvine (middle to upper class).  Most Indians are centered in San Clemente and most Persians are in Newport Beach.  It's a highly segregated and white area with so very little culture.  I love my corner because I get to hear banda music and peoples quinceneras and such, but it's a weird little microcosm to live in.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:33:45 »

umm, wut wut? 

Orange County is conservative white rich snob mecca, so there's a ton of gentrification, white flight, and other racial issues.  One of my coworkers, who is a social worker, just confided in me about being afraid of black people.  Most Asians are centered in Westminster (poor to middle class Vietnamese, one of the largest Vietnamese communities in the US) and Irvine (middle to upper class).  Most Indians are centered in San Clemente and most Persians are in Newport Beach.  It's a highly segregated and white area with so very little culture.  I love my corner because I get to hear banda music and peoples quinceneras and such, but it's a weird little microcosm to live in.

dude, I was walking today on Roosevelt Ave., in Jackson Heights, Queens, NYC.  The most diverse neighborhood in the world.  On that 3+ mile stretch of road, 130 languages are spoken.  I had to stop to enjoy my usual barbacoa taco and tamarind juice.  But you can sample the cuisines of Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central America, South America, it's all there.  It might blow your mind though, so don't try to go there by yourself. 

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:48:33 »
Damn, I need to go to Queens.  Call it white cultural imperialism or tourism if you must, but I hate being surround by the self-centered lack of culture that seems to be pervasive in white areas.  No one cares about their neighbors or wants to experience life.  I love culturally diverse areas because they tend to be more inclusive, more family oriented, and have a vibrancy to them that predominantly white areas lack.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:50:30 »
Damn, I need to go to Queens.  Call it white cultural imperialism or tourism if you must, but I hate being surround by the self-centered lack of culture that seems to be pervasive in white areas.  No one cares about their neighbors or wants to experience life.  I love culturally diverse areas because they tend to be more inclusive, more family oriented, and have a vibrancy to them that predominantly white areas lack.

god you're so white it hurts.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:52:17 »

Dayglo as **** man, dayglo as ****.  I don't tan, I burn.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:54:10 »
well, unlike you, i like boring areas where I don't see my neighbors nor give two ****s to see them.

I can't stand my loud ass neighbor's ****ing music.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:55:18 »
demik, apparently you're a white man in brown skin who gets accosted by white cops.  Life is unfair.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:58:12 »
demik, apparently you're a white man in brown skin who gets accosted by white cops.  Life is unfair.

you have no idea how many times i've heard that. im a fakexican

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 23:19:44 »
So who's been molested by TSA?

*pat pat

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 23:25:13 »
It was super excellent seeing CPTBadAss when he came to visit the Bay Area. Not saying I'd take a bullet for the guy though. Also I ran into Input Nirvana at my coffee shop yesterday and codyeatworld and I used to chat over Skype before I got eaten by the school shark and was required by law to hate fun.

Offline iri

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 04:00:04 »
i wish i had brown skin. so convenient when the uv levels are high. and hides defects.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 04:31:56 »
no one really. :( i'm fairly new here.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 20:31:18 »
no one really. :( i'm fairly new here.

/friend Beca

:)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 20:35:47 »
Why can't we all be friends?

I consider many people here to be my friends.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 20:36:28 »

I'm not your friend, pal.
I love Elzy

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 20:39:07 »

I'm not your friend, pal.

I'm not your pal, buddy
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 20:46:25 »
I hate you all.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 20:47:41 »
I hate you all.

:-*   :-*

Luv you too bb <3

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 20:48:18 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 22:13:51 »
I love Elzy

Offline iri

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 04:15:39 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 04:16:07 »
you are calling me names.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 04:36:40 »
I hate you all.
wow, a bot can talk.

It's a bot that encourages you to spend money.
Of course it's your friend!

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 05:23:02 »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 13:30:07 »

Live in a culturally diverse poor area for awhile, and get back to me.  At this point, I would be perfectly fine being surrounded by rich, boring, white people, so I can drink their expensive wines while lounging on their nice porches when I come to visit. 

If you want vibrancy and white people, move to the Pacific Northwest.  Or Vermont.  Plenty of white people and cultural vibrancy there.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 13:33:56 »
I went to an Indiana Pacers game with CptBadass once, but I think my persistent smartass comments scared him away.  Or maybe it was the awful Pacers performance, a harbinger of their playoff swoon.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 13:55:27 »
@drinkbleach: Please format your response so that its clear that you're looking to buy the board and not within a quoted reply.

I hate you all.
wow, a bot can talk.

Wat
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline iri

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 15:01:59 »
If you want vibrancy and white people, move to the Pacific Northwest.  Or Vermont.  Plenty of white people and cultural vibrancy there.
seattle: 66% non-hispanic whites (a decline from 85% in 1970).
portland: 72% non-hispanic whites (a decline from 98% in 1940).
vermont: cultural vibrancy?..

*iri lives in a super vibrant place with too many white people.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 19:10:49 »

Check out Burlington, Vermont.  I hear there is lots of this vibrancy thing. 

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 21:41:02 »
I'd cut off my left eyebrow for CPTBadAss and my right for meeba.

Shave my legs for Halverson

and possibly not wear a hat for a few other folks here.

What is friendship anyway?

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 22:33:00 »

You can tolerate each other for lengthy periods of time and have a good chat or two.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 22:44:50 »

You can tolerate each other for lengthy periods of time and have a good chat or two.

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 22:49:35 »
What is love?

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 22:54:09 »
I don't have friends Demik, but as soon as your ban is lifted, you'll be my first <3

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 23:36:06 »
So what did demik do this time?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 00:15:35 »

Yup, Nubs is the only person I have met irl, but I have chatted with several during the Sat. Night movies.  Everyone I have chatted with has been super cool. 

Hey Nubs, we need to try to get you and Demik down to the north county for some beer tasting (we can get Demik some root beer). 

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 May 2014, 00:18:15 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 07:51:10 »
What is love?

Keyboards.  And the occasional ergonomic pointing device.

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 08:05:19 »
What is love?
baby don't hurt me, baby don't hurt me, no more.

Offline iri

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:42:08 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:46:47 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:35:17 »
I would consider samwisekoi, matt and ray to be friends -- internet friends, lol!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:47:37 »
I'd cut off my left eyebrow for CPTBadAss and my right for meeba.

Shave my legs for Halverson

and possibly not wear a hat for a few other folks here.

Show Image

BRB, returning friendship bracelet I made for Binge.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:49:59 »
I would consider samwisekoi, matt and ray to be friends -- internet friends, lol!

That's some good company to be in!! Thanks krog, you ole' flocker ;)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 22:00:37 »
Yup, Nubs is the only person I have met irl, but I have chatted with several during the Sat. Night movies.  Everyone I have chatted with has been super cool. 

Hey Nubs, we need to try to get you and Demik down to the north county for some beer tasting (we can get Demik some root beer).

Yes we do, if we can get him to make time for us that is.  And if we can promise him that no cops will pull him over for riding his bike while Mexican.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 22:33:00 »

Yes we do, if we can get him to make time for us that is.  And if we can promise him that no cops will pull him over for riding his bike while Mexican.

Should be ok as long as he doesn't get off the fwy between LA and San Diego.   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 08:56:02 »
Well, all my friends died in war, I can still hear the screams, they wake me almost every night.
Back in Nam, I was trapped behind enemy lines, lying in a hole with my entire squad dead.
They thought they killed everybody, and except for me, they were right.
They thought I was dead, so I played dead.
They dumped all the bodies in a ditch. All I could do was lie there playing possum.
Dead bodies under me, dead bodies on top of me, listening to the enemy laugh and joke hour after hour after hour.
And then when I came back to my senses, I realized I had killed the entire V.C. squadron single handedly with a spoon.
And to this day I don't have the slightest idea how I ended up here on this forum collecting keycaps and keyboards, WTF!?

Offline iri

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 09:51:36 »

200k metro population and dragonboat races, wow.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 10:08:20 »
Well, all my friends died in war, I can still hear the screams, they wake me almost every night.
Back in Nam, I was trapped behind enemy lines, lying in a hole with my entire squad dead.
They dumped all the bodies in a ditch. All I could do was lie there playing possum.
Dead bodies under me, dead bodies on top of me, listening to the enemy laugh and joke hour after hour after hour.
And then when I came back to my senses, I realized I had killed the entire V.C. squadron single handedly with a spoon.
And to this day I don't have the slightest idea how I ended up here on this forum collecting keycaps and keyboards, WTF!?

Shiz just got real.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 10:14:12 »

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 19:13:44 »
Most of my good buddies are on the IRC. Special shoutouts to:
- Binge, the island with the sandiest of beaches.
- vun, the most crumptacular guy ever.
- dfj, coffee addict extraordinaire.
- Hoffman, the real OC.
- krav, who I went to school with, visited arcades with, and broke computers with. :D
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 19:53:16 »

200k metro population and dragonboat races, wow.

I was on a dragonboat team.  In Portland (Oregon).  Boat was sponsored by the bank I worked for. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 19:56:55 »
- Hoffman, the real OC.
- krav, who I went to school with, visited arcades with, and broke computers with. :D

* HoffmanMyster crumps this post.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 05:26:52 »
- Hoffman, the real OC.

* HoffmanMyster crumps this post.

* AKIMbO kirkleates both posts.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 04:14:57 »
Get a room already

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 04:20:10 »
- Hoffman, the real OC.

well why don't you just go have fun with all your friends  :'(

* sth honks
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 06:25:56 »

That's some good company to be in!! Thanks krog, you ole' flocker ;)

How do you really know someone's your keyboard addiction friend?

63679-0

They send you the keycaps you need to make your 108-key Ducky ready for Penumbra -- without being asked.  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 19:37:37 »
D squad

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 02:38:38 »
d squad only real squad NA.

and digi.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 02:54:06 »
Maybe bee if she stops being BM.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 02:57:17 »
jk bee too.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:31:47 »
inanis

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:36:38 »
And d squad

#freemoose
#freekirk

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:38:20 »
And d squad

#freemoose
#freekirk

#freejwaz

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:38:57 »
No 

And houf <3

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:47:20 »
Definitely not bee.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:52:45 »
Just kidding. Bee included.

SIKE. HATE U BEE.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:52:51 »
not Houf

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:54:10 »
STOP INVADING MY PERSONAL SPACE U DAMN MOD.

Sarah is cool too.

Asdfjkl also

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:56:35 »
Love you nubs.

invading your personal space
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:57:12 by trizkut »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:56:38 »
stop locking this thread u dingbat

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 16:03:30 »
There. Open to the public.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 16:07:18 »
i'm gonna lock this thread, it looks like it has run its course