Author Topic: Post Your Desktop  (Read 432082 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Post Your Desktop
« Reply #1150 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 22:02:46 »
Straight across the wind shield too
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1151 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 22:24:12 »
i like the blue. but i want mine wrapped in matte OD green :D

but now im thinking of '16 mx-5 OuO

OD green sounds dope

Show Image

oh yes, yes it is.
Gunmetal grey could look dope too  :-*
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #1152 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 23:18:28 »
Gunmetal grey could look dope too  :-*

I sort of agree with that.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1153 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 23:19:44 »
I sort of agree with that.

Show Image

Awwwwwwwwwyis
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline trVce

« Reply #1154 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 23:34:49 »
Sorry about the lateness. I've been pretty busy with midterms so I hadn't checked the thread in a while. :c

Could you tell us about your setup? What OS etc. The dock looks really nice.
I'm currently using Manjaro 15.12 with XFCE. The dock I'm using is "Docky".
And the Icons are "Menda Circle". I really enjoy the flat colour over glossy icons.

Interestion choice of memento mori
I quite fancy Damien Hirst's art. I feel like skulls capture both the beauty and fragility of life so perfectly.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #1155 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 16:46:27 »
This is my new desktop picture.....

...and this one.

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 March 2016, 18:50:10 by Snowdog993 »

Offline philphilphil

« Reply #1156 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 16:41:27 »
thinkpad:

Macbook:

i like it simple :3

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1157 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 07:18:28 »
Having a vertical monitor, it's quite hard to get wallpapers that fit well and I really like. But I stumbled upon this picture on wikipedia of the most recent Space X landing which I think is pretty awesome.

Also, car goals.

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1158 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 07:24:26 »
my last screenshot at this job
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1159 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 05:37:53 »
Does anyone else get that thing where everyone else's screen shots look so much better than your desktop?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #1160 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 08:10:02 »
On the topic of desktop screenshots, does anyone have Windows freeware they trust and like for screencapture? I used to use PicPick, but it eventually got saddled with malware/advertising, so it's out now. I just downloaded and installed Jing only to find that you have to have an online account with them, which made me uninstall as fast as I installed.

I know Snipping Tool works, but I want a few more features, such as basic editing (rescaling, basic markup, etc.).

Pointers welcomed!

EDIT: Greenshot.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 March 2016, 08:19:06 by slip84 »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #1161 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 08:15:25 »
On the topic of desktop screenshots, does anyone have Windows freeware they trust and like for screencapture? I used to use PicPick, but it eventually got saddled with malware/advertising, so it's out now. I just downloaded and installed Jing only to find that you have to have an online account with them, which made me uninstall as fast as I installed.

I know Snipping Tool works, but I want a few more features, such as basic editing (rescaling, basic markup, etc.).

Pointers welcomed!

I know Google recently made Nik Collection free.

It appears to be a heavy-duty photo editor. Maybe give that one a try? I haven't gotten around to installing it yet, so let me know how it is.  :thumb:

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #1162 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 08:20:19 »

Pointers welcomed!

I know Google recently made Nik Collection free.

It appears to be a heavy-duty photo editor. Maybe give that one a try? I haven't gotten around to installing it yet, so let me know how it is.  :thumb:

All right. Time to check that out!

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #1163 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 12:14:26 »
One of my monitors died (RIP SyncMaster 710N, 2005-2016) so I decided to change my wallpapers which I hadn't done in almost a year.

old:

All three made by Simon Stålenhag.

new:

Left one is from Ghost in the Shell, the right one is from FLCL and it's a sketch made by Ilya Kuvshinov.
Source 1. Source 2.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 March 2016, 12:17:46 by Lord of Narwhals »
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1164 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 12:28:03 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:43:35 by alienman82 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1165 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 12:39:28 »
One of my monitors died (RIP SyncMaster 710N, 2005-2016) so I decided to change my wallpapers which I hadn't done in almost a year.

old:
Show Image

new:
Show Image

Left one is from Ghost in the Shell, the right one is from FLCL and it's a sketch made by Ilya Kuvshinov.
Source 1. Source 2.

Do love a bit of GitS  :thumb:

I should really watch that show again...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #1166 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 13:33:17 »

old:
Show Image

new:
Show Image

Source 1. Source 2.

is that tablet mode?  I can't use it T_T
It's just normal Windows 10 desktop mode.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1167 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 14:18:00 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:43:29 by alienman82 »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1168 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 14:41:58 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1169 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 21:01:10 »

Pointers welcomed!

EDIT: Greenshot.

I used to use WinSnap, which was free but is now paid.  You might be able to find the older free version somewhere.

http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap.html

At work we use SnagIt (which has some horrendous bugs and performance issues, but does a pretty good job or marking up the captured images).  It is not free, but the company has a similar free app called Jing.

https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline b4d_tR1p

« Reply #1170 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 11:00:54 »
Hi, below my desktop

Linux(Fedora && my old arcibalda 'ArchLinux')
Show Image

Show Image

OSX
Show Image

:p

link to your startpage?

https://github.com/b4dtR1p/dotfiles/tree/master/homepage.py

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/CC d-(--)>---x s:-(--)>--- a C++++(++++)>++ UBLC++++(+++)$>++ P++ L+++++(+++++)>+++++ E---(---)>--- W+++(+++)>+++ N+++ o++ K-- w O M++ !V- PS+++(+++)>+++ PE+++(+++)>+++ Y+++(+++)>+++ PGP++ t+ 5 X+ R tv- b++ DI++++ D+++ G++++ e+++ h- r++ y+++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline Coreda

« Reply #1171 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 11:50:04 »
I used to use WinSnap, which was free but is now paid.  You might be able to find the older free version somewhere.

http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap.html

Honestly, if the author had kept up with feature requests and improvements it would be worth the price. I bought a lifetime license years ago and for a time it was my favorite screenshot tool. Still has the best main UI window of any I've tried (something like 15 programs).

I now use ShareX, which is free and open source, but only because of its upload features and ability to capture native Windows Aero transparency*. The window UI and settings are a mess (as it's always been before it was even renamed ShareX), but by configuring hotkeys you rarely have to deal with them and instead most interactions are using pop-ups. Also comes with Greenshot integrated.

*WinSnap can capture native shadows but always fills in the windows titlebars with a solid background. It's something I've reached out to the dev about but he didn't think it was worth updating. TBH it's like he doesn't seem to care that other (free) programs are taking away usership when he has the foundation to continue improving WinSnap, or it's not selling so well that he's lost motivation. Anyway, it's unfortunate as I'm fond of the program.

Another to take a look at is Image Uploader, a free tool which I use almost as much as ShareX for uploading images to Imgur from the context menu, but which also comes with a screenshot capture ability and inline editing features. Screenshot:

133154-0

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1172 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 15:55:47 »

Offline Perfex

« Reply #1173 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 15:59:37 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 September 2017, 19:18:22 by Perfex »

Offline joinhandmade

• * Maker
  • www.jellykey.com
    • Jellykey website
« Reply #1174 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 12:19:37 »
Not so much. But here is my :)
Our website: https://www.jellykey.com
OurFacebook Page: https://www.fb.com/jellykey.joiha/
Our email: jelly.key@joiha.com

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1175 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 19:14:08 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1176 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 19:49:28 »
Show Image

lit

here's mine at work. anyone recommend any rainmeter plugins? i don't really care for cpu usage and **** like that..

138116-0

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1177 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 19:55:26 »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1178 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 23:44:57 »

Just recently went on the hunt for some tripple monitor wallpapers. Was not disappointed.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 June 2016, 09:06:06 by StickyBlueJuice »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1179 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 23:49:56 »
Show Image

Just recently went on the hunt for some tripple monitor wallpapers. Was not disappointed.

So Clean! I love tidy workspaces (I hide all the icons/clutter before I snap a screenshot )

I haven't worked with Linux in over two years. I kind of like Debian, we'll see where this goes ;)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1180 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 01:58:56 »
Show Image

So Clean! I love tidy workspaces (I hide all the icons/clutter before I snap a screenshot
Show Image
)

I haven't worked with Linux in over two years. I kind of like Debian, we'll see where this goes ;)

Show Image

Thanks! I can't take clutter on my desktop, I don't know why since my actual desk is pretty much filled with all kinds of things. lol. :D
I love the wallpaper, sick!
And also hnnnnnggg clean.  :))

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #1181 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:18:45 »
145976-0

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #1182 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 20:21:24 »
my windows background isn't worth showing and I'm not booted into arch right now, so here's just the background on my arch install right now

I took it about a year ago
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #1183 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 22:25:22 »
Just a little 3D modellin

[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 November 2016, 22:27:25 by haytorious »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1184 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 05:24:39 »
I think I've been using this background for a whole year now, I gotta change it someday I guess.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1185 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 15:52:25 »
152781-0

edit - some of you might know that I dabble with CGI on occasion--the background/wallpaper is not my work. More inspiration :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 November 2016, 04:12:34 by csmertx »

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #1186 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 14:29:07 »

picture is a heavily-edited version of one of the first results for "model m 122" on google.
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline superbia

« Reply #1187 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 12:29:55 »
Keebio Iris 2.8 (Alps) X Colemak Mod-DH

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1188 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 13:42:28 »
Ooo man, I forgot about this thread nice. I'll toss in a few potatoes for the barbecue. Arch Linux/i3 on usb flash drive and vanilla Manjaro/i3

170438-0170440-1

Offline superbia

« Reply #1189 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 15:42:29 »
Ooo man, I forgot about this thread nice. I'll toss in a few potatoes for the barbecue. Arch Linux/i3 on usb flash drive and vanilla Manjaro/i3

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Come on irc, let us fix the fonts on the left one  :rolleyes:

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1190 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 16:15:44 »

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Come on irc, let us fix the fonts on the left one  :rolleyes:

Oh boy, my Arch Linux recipe is never complete. I can install Arch again in a few hours if need be--but for the moment that usb drive is where Endless OS lives. Please forgive my sins  :'(

Offline Altis

« Reply #1191 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 11:33:52 »
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline superbia

« Reply #1192 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 17:12:34 »
Show Image

Wallpaper plz?  :)

Sorry mate It got flushed...
I use a script that fetches fresh wallpapers and randomizes them daily and removes old ones.
I can give you the place I got it from though:
alpha.wallhaven.cc
you can look for tags like "Japan" or something... I don't have the time to browse all pictures there  :rolleyes:

Offline fouras

« Reply #1193 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 18:46:38 »

Felt dumb about posting anime, then I saw the rest of the thread.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #1194 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 19:23:53 »
170964-0Just some random apps and games.
Love Pendulum
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 June 2017, 19:26:06 by jihadu »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1195 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 15:09:41 »
171042-0

I took a second glance and noticed how boring my desktop was. Not anime sorry

Offline sundin

« Reply #1196 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 04:43:58 »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1197 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 08:16:16 »
(Attachment Link)

That looks sexeh.
Real slick and clean. Love the icons you've chosen as well.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1198 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 08:49:40 »
(Attachment Link)

Visualize the world of Tp4..  Clarity in Darkness.. !!

171081-0

171079-1

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1199 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 10:37:11 »
(Attachment Link)

That looks sexeh.
Real slick and clean. Love the icons you've chosen as well.

I'm not gonna lie, that cassette tape icon is growing on me. :) ty