Author Topic: The Energy Drink Thread  (Read 4534 times)

Offline Kavik

The Energy Drink Thread
« on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 14:59:16 »
What are your favorite energy drinks (excluding all forms of coffee)?

The best by far in my opinion is Rockstar Xdurance Cotton Candy (must be extremely cold for proper taste). A close second is Reign Razzle Berry (slightly better than the almost identical Rockstar Blue Razz).

My original favorite was NOS orange flavor with sugar.

Bang is not nearly as good in any flavor. I'm not a fan of Monster either, except for its coffee variants, which don't count for this thread.

Also of note: I use energy drinks not only as a source of energy, but also as an analgesic for neck and jaw pain.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 July 2020, 15:25:23 by Kavik »
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: The Energy Drink Thread
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 15:30:39 »
I try not to drink them so picking a favourite isn't really possible but I really liked Reign lemon, was only in the shop for a couple of days and I've not seen it since.  Tastes similar to how I remember refresher bars...  White Monster is my go-to as it's available everywhere and tastes pretty good.

Thankfully never heard of Bang but never tried your favourite either, if that flavour is even available here.  I will have a look when next I'm in a shop.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 16:03:03 »
bawls original is best
peach red bull and watermelon red bull
reign dreamsicle

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 16:38:51 »
Modern energy drinks are so potent, ya might as well skip straight to cocaine.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 16:38:55 »
I try not to drink them so picking a favourite isn't really possible but I really liked Reign lemon, was only in the shop for a couple of days and I've not seen it since.  Tastes similar to how I remember refresher bars...  White Monster is my go-to as it's available everywhere and tastes pretty good.

Thankfully never heard of Bang but never tried your favourite either, if that flavour is even available here.  I will have a look when next I'm in a shop.

The cotton candy flavor is actually really hard to find here in the States too. I used to be able to get it at a local gas station and a convenience store by my office, but I've had to resort to ordering it online from Sam's Club lately.

I will have to try the lemon Reign. I love lemon flavor, although usually in food, not drinks.

bawls original is best
peach red bull and watermelon red bull
reign dreamsicle

I forgot about Reign Dreamsicle! It is also fantastic!

Modern energy drinks are so potent, ya might as well skip straight to cocaine.

Where can I get cocaine flavored Rockstar?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 17:45:27 »
Coffee 99% of the time, but occasionally I enjoy a Guyaki Yerba Mate. Revel Berry is a really good flavor.

The best tasting traditional energy drink imo is Monster Import, but it's basically like drinking poison.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 23:14:37 »
I enjoy a Guyaki Yerba Mate. Revel Berry is a really good flavor.

That sounds interesting. I will try to find some to try.

Incidentally, while googling it, I found a drink whose name I can't type here and refers to a cat and female genitals.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 00:16:17 »
bawls original is best

OG Bawls is good stuff and the bottle looks like a sex toy, so bonus!

reminds me I used to love this stuff but it was only around ever so briefly:

once I found an online recipe for recreating Josta but it wasn't the same at all

Offline iri

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 16:03:44 »
Tenzing or course. The flavour is, whatever is on sale. There's only two anyway. Even my wife can stand those.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 21:10:06 »
Tried mountain dew once, but puked

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 21:14:43 »
Redbull is my favorite, usually go for original or blueberry. I used to drink Amp Energy but I can't seem to find flavors other than the original anymore  :mad:

Offline Kavik

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 01:26:45 »
I tried V8 +Energy Diet Strawberry Lemonade tonight. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it was pretty good. One thing I really liked about it was that the can is small - only 8 fl oz - unlike other energy drinks that require a full commitment to 16+ fl oz and thus several hours of wakefulness. This was more like having a small cup of coffee or tea.

Offline chale_moore

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 02:28:16 »
What are your favorite energy drinks (excluding all forms of coffee)?

The best by far in my opinion is Rockstar Xdurance Cotton Candy (must be extremely cold for proper taste). A close second is Reign Razzle Berry (slightly better than the almost identical Rockstar Blue Razz).

My original favorite was NOS orange flavor with sugar.

Bang is not nearly as good in any flavor. I'm not a fan of Monster either, except for its coffee variants, which don't count for this thread.

Also of note: I use energy drinks not only as a source of energy, but also as an analgesic for neck and jaw pain.

VPX Redline Energy Drink and Redline Xtreme Shot, I always used to drink these two are my favorite.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:20:18 »
Reign Mang-o-matic tastes a lot like NOS Orange but with 10 Calories instead of 210 Calories.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:59:27 »
Gfuel is the only "Energy" drink I consume, got tired of the feeling I would get from Monster/Rockstars over time sue to all of the sugar.  I prefer the Bahama Mamma and Nemesis Tea flavors.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 15:39:57 »
I like most of the Monster ones with actual sugar in them so they taste better than the aspertane garbage most soda has here now.

However I only very rarely drink them cos I'm trying to lose weight for two years now.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 16:06:18 »
I like most of the Monster ones with actual sugar in them so they taste better than the aspertane garbage most soda has here now.

However I only very rarely drink them cos I'm trying to lose weight for two years now.

Tp4 has been drinking straight sugar + water. it's delicious.

It's the grease though that gets ya.  Sugar is pretty much completely burned up by the body throughout the day.

The oil modern day diets have goes direct to storage.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 17:31:30 »
There really is nothing quite like sugar. You notice when you cut it out for ages. Been avoiding oils as much as possible never really used them at home anyway. Fasting. Pretty much just eating meat and boiled vegetables. Also barely any alcohol.

It's a pisser doing this and exercising 5 days a week all year not made much of a dent on my gut at all. Feeling good though.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 17:38:05 »

It's a pisser doing this and exercising 5 days a week all year not made much of a dent on my gut at all. Feeling good though.

exercise is such a rip off in terms of returns

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 17:40:57 »

exercise is such a rip off in terms of returns

Go Plant Based..

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 09:13:16 »
I hear you tp but I've access to really good grass fed meat round here and chef ain't veggie so not diverting from that. If I was veggie I'd just gorge on carbs.

Exercise has delivered on the health but not aesthetic aspects. As a really superficial person this general sense of wellbeing is a massive disappointment. I could have simulated this with beer and videogames.

« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2020, 09:16:01 by Shapey Fiend »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 09:49:11 »
Exercise has delivered on the health but not aesthetic aspects. As a really superficial person this general sense of wellbeing is a massive disappointment. I could have simulated this with beer and videogames.

It is tough because we have a toxic food-Culture. It's very difficult to override the base programming we're initialized on.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 11:07:22 »
There really is nothing quite like sugar. You notice when you cut it out for ages. Been avoiding oils as much as possible never really used them at home anyway. Fasting. Pretty much just eating meat and boiled vegetables. Also barely any alcohol.

Just gotta change up routine, which I'm sure you have - hitting that wall always sucks but once you break through it, it feels amazing.  Just keep working at it.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 18:32:25 »
Reign Mang-o-matic tastes a lot like NOS Orange but with 10 Calories instead of 210 Calories.

mmm I do like the orange NOS on occasion when it is ice cold. It's a shame so many e-drinks are malted but there must be a reason for it.