Author Topic: Do you Touch stuff now ?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Do you Touch stuff now ?
« on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 09:54:18 »
Back in the day, Tp4 would touch all the gizmos @ electronics stores.

Buh now, it's like, korona ?

How are y'all approchn' this.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Do you Touch stuff now ?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 10:19:40 »
Don’t touch ****. Nuke everything I buy.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline yui

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 10:35:07 »
i only ever touch what i buy and do commit to buy once i touched it, just in case i have covid and do not know it yet, maybe a bit extreme but it is for the betterment of everyone.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 11:09:36 »
I mean im touching my keyboard to type this but..

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 11:15:32 »
I buy everything online, once it gets shipping I leave the box in the garage for at least 24 hours. I then open the box in the garage with the door open. At that point I wipe down the item with a anti-bacterial wipe, wait a few more hours then bring it inside. Hopefully Karona free..

It's a bit excessive but I live with a newborn and people with underlying conditions who don't take covid-19 serious. I'm trying to do my best to keep everyone as safe as possible even if they don't.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 11:18:06 »
I buy everything online, once it gets shipping I leave the box in the garage for at least 24 hours. I then open the box in the garage with the door open. At that point I wipe down the item with a anti-bacterial wipe, wait a few more hours then bring it inside. Hopefully Karona free..

But they said covid can live on surfaces for 30 days,  + cold weather now, and potential humidity in a garage.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 11:23:10 »

But they said covid can live on surfaces for 30 days,  + cold weather now, and potential humidity in a garage.

that's true, but from what I've heard it can live on cardboard for 24 hours, then ded + I wipe the actual product down with wipes that are supposed to kill the virus after like 15mins, but I wait extra long to be safe. I think the 30days thing is for steel or aluminum and metal surfaces but I haven't looked that much into it. Science can be hard to keep up with, if you've found any information or docu on this subject please provide :D

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 11:27:26 »
I tend to only touch what I plan on purchasing, no longer test headsets/headphones for sure lol.  Also tend to get the item that is further back on the shelf - has been a habit for a long time since normally the ones further back on the shelf are handled less, not opened, and normally in the better condition.  Also if I buy something online, I tend to wipe it down and keep the box it came in outside.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 12:02:48 »
I tend to only touch what I plan on purchasing, no longer test headsets/headphones for sure lol.  Also tend to get the item that is further back on the shelf - has been a habit for a long time since normally the ones further back on the shelf are handled less, not opened, and normally in the better condition.  Also if I buy something online, I tend to wipe it down and keep the box it came in outside.

Kekeke. But what if in the process of wadding through and handling more items, the total contact surface and contact dirt liftoff is higher, leading to higher increased velocity risk.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 12:37:58 »
You guys touched things in public before this?! Eeeew.

Touching demo products has always grossed me out, so I have always made sure to wash my hands immediately after touching them. But I'm also someone who opens doors with his shirttail (this is one word according to the Internet, weird). If I touch something I perceive as dirty, I can feel it on my hand until I wash it. This must be a germaphobe specific trait.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 13:04:02 »

Kekeke. But what if in the process of wadding through and handling more items, the total contact surface and contact dirt liftoff is higher, leading to higher increased velocity risk.

I use a pen I carry to shift things to the side ;)

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 13:09:06 »
Online grocery shopping is the best. I make a new email every three orders to keep getting the "no personal shopper fee".

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 13:38:34 »
IMO, right now there should be no fee for online grocery shopping.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 22:14:22 »
I keep a handywipe with me while I shop but try to mostly get everything delivered.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 03:37:08 »
IMO, right now there should be no fee for online grocery shopping.

The big thing here is 'click and collect' which means you order online then collect from the car park for free.  This means an army of school leavers wandering round supermarkets with large crates (which make it hard to get any distance when passing) chatting amongst themselves with poorly fitting masks while picking from the same shelves as normal shoppers...

Yes you avoid potential air contamination of actually being in the shop which is great for most things but all your food has been touched by at least one person more than is necessary and if you were in there you probably wouldn't be impressed.

Personally I just pick up what I want and if I'm unsure I'll use hand sanitiser before picking it up so as not to leave any germs behind.

You guys touched things in public before this?! Eeeew.

Touching demo products has always grossed me out, so I have always made sure to wash my hands immediately after touching them. But I'm also someone who opens doors with his shirttail (this is one word according to the Internet, weird). If I touch something I perceive as dirty, I can feel it on my hand until I wash it. This must be a germaphobe specific trait.

Of course, what other reason is there for proper shops?  Never got an ear infection from trying on headphones or warts from holding a demo pen...  Germs?  Well yes, maybe there were some before but I don't get ill so never seen the point in avoiding them until there's actually one with a small risk of death (I'm young and healthy so even covid isn't that scary, though I'm trying to avoid it)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod