Author Topic: Computer Monitor(s) Thread  (Read 10014 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Computer Monitor(s) Thread
« on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 07:22:24 »
My little AOC has great reviews but a few months after purchase I found a dead pixel, and a few months after that I found a stuck pixel. That's what I get for trying a new monitor brand.  :))

What is your main monitor?
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 February 2016, 12:26:10 by csmertx »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: What Is Your Main Computer Monitor?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 07:37:03 »
At home, Asus VG248QE. I've got three of them.
At work, I have no idea, 3 22 inch Dells (not ultrasharps).

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 07:41:49 »
Dell U2713HM at home. Love that monitor, same panel as Apple Cinema Display. So it feels like using an Cinema Display without the horrible gloss.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 07:44:22 »
HP LP2065 - spent weeks asking sellers if they had the IPS version many Christmases ago and it's still working perfectly, except the plastic power button is somehow detached so I have to to slide it up to press it.  It comes on when the plug does so not really an issue.

I'm dreading the day it dies, my desk and usage are not compatible with widescreen.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:23:29 »
aoc i2356f 23" IPS monitors, I got 2 of them. ;D

Although OP... these don't happen to be your monitor having troubles right?  :-[
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:34:50 »
aoc i2356f 23" IPS monitors, I got 2 of them. ;D

Although OP... these don't happen to be your monitor having troubles right?  :-[
I have the AOC e2050Swd 20" LED. Probably got the only one in the batch with a problem  :thumb:

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:39:57 »
I have the ASUS MG279Q. It's a great monitor, but unfortunately the USB ports on it don't work. ASUS only has a repair RMA because there aren't any monitors available for a replacement RMA. I can't go 2-4 weeks without this monitor, so I make do. Luckily there's no significant light bleed or dead/stuck pixels.

My main complaint is that I can't lower the brightness more on the monitor. It's way too bright for me.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:44:11 »

2x ASUS VE278Qs. Gaming is really nice one them, and the picture is pretty good too once they're calibrated. Wish they were 144hz, but not a huge dealbreaker considering they were free

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:46:58 »
BenQ XL2430T. Bought it to play counter strike on, and it's still doing it's job so I can't complain.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 10:10:20 »
QNIX QX2710

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 15:34:34 »
Show Image

2x ASUS VE278Qs. Gaming is really nice one them, and the picture is pretty good too once they're calibrated. Wish they were 144hz, but not a huge dealbreaker considering they were free

You got them for free??

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Computer Monitor(s) Thread
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 15:36:09 »
Show Image

You got them for free??

Yessir, my brother upgraded to 2x 144hz BenQs, so he gave those to me for my birthday  ;D

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 15:37:54 »
Show Image

You got them for free??

Yessir, my brother upgraded to 2x 144hz BenQs, so he gave those to me for my birthday  ;D

Ahh. Very nice!

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 06:27:17 »

Acer XR341CK, was my Christmas present to myself last year.

I love it when it works but I will say that ultrawide does have some quirks to it.... There are some games that refuse to work properly and some games that just flat out don't support it at all. I'm just glad I finished Fallout 4 before getting this monitor cause the UI does not scale correctly at all. The freesync is awesome but just like all AMD/ATI things it requires some tweaking sometimes to work. Configuring settings is part of the fun of owning an ATI setup :p

Monitor on the left is a Qnix 2710 hung in portrait (everyone should try portrait for their extra monitors, it's amazing!) and I have a 1080 samsung on the right for movies and what not.
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline raymogi

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 06:33:55 »
Show Image

I love it when it works but I will say that ultrawide does have some quirks to it.... There are some games that refuse to work properly and some games that just flat out don't support it at all. I'm just glad I finished Fallout 4 before getting this monitor cause the UI does not scale correctly at all. The freesync is awesome but just like all AMD/ATI things it requires some tweaking sometimes to work. Configuring settings is part of the fun of owning an ATI setup :p

Monitor on the left is a Qnix 2710 hung in portrait (everyone should try portrait for their extra monitors, it's amazing!) and I have a 1080 samsung on the right for movies and what not.

I did the same thing at home. Ultrawide and portrait monitor for all my browsing need. It's perfect :)
Please feed my addiction.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 08:01:49 »
I need a 4k IPS or VA with ULMB..  then i will buy it, and love it forever.. until 8k..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 08:03:06 »
also,  when are they gonna start shooting movies in 60fps.. sigh.......................................................

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 08:34:48 »
Show Image

Do you like the curve? Looks like an inverted CRT to me..

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 08:46:53 »
Acer XB271HU (XB1).

Very pleased with it overall, the 2560x1440 / 27" / IPS / 144hz(/165hz) / G-sync combination is something I waited a long time for. I was waiting for an IPS alternative since the PG278Q, and tried the various IPS options that have shown up since April (XB270HU, PG279Q). Finally ended up with a good panel in the XB271HU and it was certainly worth all the hassle. As I've stated in the other thread, this is the closest gaming experience I've had to my old CRTs - the combination of high refresh rate coupled with a variable refresh rate technology (gsync/freesync) to remove screen tearing is a really potent combination.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 15:57:16 »
Acer XB271HU (XB1).

Very pleased with it overall, the 2560x1440 / 27" / IPS / 144hz(/165hz) / G-sync combination is something I waited a long time for. I was waiting for an IPS alternative since the PG278Q, and tried the various IPS options that have shown up since April (XB270HU, PG279Q). Finally ended up with a good panel in the XB271HU and it was certainly worth all the hassle. As I've stated in the other thread, this is the closest gaming experience I've had to my old CRTs - the combination of high refresh rate coupled with a variable refresh rate technology (gsync/freesync) to remove screen tearing is a really potent combination.

Sounds good! :thumb:

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 16:12:33 »
I did the same thing at home. Ultrawide and portrait monitor for all my browsing need. It's perfect :)

First time using a portrait monitor and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a permanent thing for me now. So much veritcal screen real estate :p

Do you like the curve? Looks like an inverted CRT to me..

I'm not entirely decided on the curve yet. I like it but I don't really think it has a noticeable effect most of the time. I wish I had a non curved ultrawide to put side by side so I could get a good comparison.
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Connly33

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 16:24:42 »
Right now im on a samsung SyncMaster S23B550 23 inch that i've had for 4 years and its been a really good monitor as of yet.

I'm thinking about seriously upgrading to a 30 ish inch ultrawide 1080p display because i love the aspect ratio of 21:9.

I've never really cared about refresh rate and i probably wont untill i have a GPU that can push most of my games at 120 FPS at high settings, what's most important is that its at least IPS, with a good color saturation and contrast ratio, also decent blacks are a must.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 17:36:03 »
Right now im on a samsung SyncMaster S23B550 23 inch that i've had for 4 years and its been a really good monitor as of yet.

I'm thinking about seriously upgrading to a 30 ish inch ultrawide 1080p display because i love the aspect ratio of 21:9.

I've never really cared about refresh rate and i probably wont untill i have a GPU that can push most of my games at 120 FPS at high settings, what's most important is that its at least IPS, with a good color saturation and contrast ratio, also decent blacks are a must.

I'm not into gaming on a PC (I am a PS4-peasant). But I find PWM more important than refresh rate.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 19:08:41 »
My little AOC has great reviews but a few months after purchase I found a dead pixel, and a few months after that I found a stuck pixel. That's what I get for trying a new monitor brand.  :))

There is actually only 5 or 6 companies making ALL of the panels, your AOC probably has a low end Samsung screen in it.

If you go into a store and see 5 screens similarly priced, same resolution, same brightness, odds are, they all use the same panel, regardless of price differences. That isn't to say one may have better electronics or power supply, which is why you don't buy off brands with no reputation, but the panels themselves are all the same. AOC has been around a while, and is a pretty average monitor, not good, not bad, which is usually the best bang for the buck.

This applies to laptops as well.
Many of the old Atom netbooks all used interchangeable screens, often by one or two companies. In fact, most generation laptops are this way. Most current gen 14in screens on similar priced laptops are swappable, as are 15's. They may be different than last generation, but those too were interchangable in many cases.

Point is, you have an AOC monitor, but had it been labeled Samsung, BenQ, Asus or HP, the panel would have been the exact same panel. Though the Samsung may have had less chance of dead pixels as manufacturers often bin the best for themselves.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 20:44:17 »

There is actually only 5 or 6 companies making ALL of the panels, your AOC probably has a low end Samsung screen in it.

If you go into a store and see 5 screens similarly priced, same resolution, same brightness, odds are, they all use the same panel, regardless of price differences. That isn't to say one may have better electronics or power supply, which is why you don't buy off brands with no reputation, but the panels themselves are all the same. AOC has been around a while, and is a pretty average monitor, not good, not bad, which is usually the best bang for the buck.

This applies to laptops as well.
Many of the old Atom netbooks all used interchangeable screens, often by one or two companies. In fact, most generation laptops are this way. Most current gen 14in screens on similar priced laptops are swappable, as are 15's. They may be different than last generation, but those too were interchangable in many cases.

Point is, you have an AOC monitor, but had it been labeled Samsung, BenQ, Asus or HP, the panel would have been the exact same panel. Though the Samsung may have had less chance of dead pixels as manufacturers often bin the best for themselves.

AOC is a taiwanese brand i think... they're not really much better than the other China RE-brands..

Buy samsung or lg if you want the best binned panels.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:01:06 »
Well, I recently bought an AOC Q2963PM UW monitor, comes with IPS panel and 5ms GTG response which is fine by me. Comes with 39 months on-site warranty, this is my first UW monitor and I must say I like what I'm seeing.

Best part is, no more black bars when I watch letterboxed movies on BR....

My next monitor will be the Acer XR341CK because it's FreeSync and I think my 2x R9 290X should do a decent enough job playing games @3440x1440. The AOC purchase was just to see if I like UW and I do.....I DO! :thumb:

Offline gain

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 23:32:59 »
XL2730Z, it's replaced my aging 22" Sony CRT for rhythm games, and it's all-round pretty comfy.  Apparently this thing has freesync too but screen tearing never bothered me.

Of course I'll never ditch the CRT, it's a gorgeous unit for its age and I love me some scanlines. I'll post some photos later down the track, in the middle of a biiiig clean up.

I run it next to a Dell 2412M and the difference from IPS to TN genuinely does not bother me.

Typing this post has made me realise I'm not a very fussy person when it comes to monitors these days, high refresh rate and I'm happy.

PS I'm mad jealous of these ultra-wide setups, I would love to pick one up but my 290 chugging too hard on 1440p for my liking, I need a new heater inside my PC first.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 04:47:58 »
XL2730Z, it's replaced my aging 22" Sony CRT for rhythm games, and it's all-round pretty comfy.  Apparently this thing has freesync too but screen tearing never bothered me.

Of course I'll never ditch the CRT, it's a gorgeous unit for its age and I love me some scanlines. I'll post some photos later down the track, in the middle of a biiiig clean up.

I run it next to a Dell 2412M and the difference from IPS to TN genuinely does not bother me.

Typing this post has made me realise I'm not a very fussy person when it comes to monitors these days, high refresh rate and I'm happy.

PS I'm mad jealous of these ultra-wide setups, I would love to pick one up but my 290 chugging too hard on 1440p for my liking, I need a new heater inside my PC first.

I don't feel the ultra-wide hype. I'd rather have 3x27".

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 05:10:47 »
At home, Asus VG248QE. I've got three of them.
At work, I have no idea, 3 22 inch Dells (not ultrasharps).

Show Image

nice set up!
I have just a single one I got an insane deal on when I build my first tower of this decade.
how do you have them all mounted?

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Connly33

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:19:57 »
Well, I recently bought an AOC Q2963PM UW monitor, comes with IPS panel and 5ms GTG response which is fine by me. Comes with 39 months on-site warranty, this is my first UW monitor and I must say I like what I'm seeing.
Show Image

Best part is, no more black bars when I watch letterboxed movies on BR....
Show Image

My next monitor will be the Acer XR341CK because it's FreeSync and I think my 2x R9 290X should do a decent enough job playing games @3440x1440. The AOC purchase was just to see if I like UW and I do.....I DO! :thumb:

Im thinking about getting something like your AOC or one of the budget LG ultrawides, then i can retire my dell extra monitor and use my current as either a wall mounted display above or beside it as a vertical display

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 19:45:21 »
DO NOT get an ACER..   just don't .. just what ever, good luck..

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 01:43:59 »
Asus PB278Q

Very happy with it apart from its super slow waking speed

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 02:32:02 »
Asus PB278Q

Oh man. I am just about to pull the trigger on that or the PB258Q. Do you have any insight?

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 02:33:29 »

Asus PB278Q

Oh man. I am just about to pull the trigger on that or the PB258Q. Do you have any insight?

Never really looked that much into getting it fixed

Might be something to do with my graphics cards though

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 04:40:07 »
DO NOT get an ACER..   just don't .. just what ever, good luck..

What's wrong with them?

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 08:50:36 »
What's wrong with them?

Not a thing. I've purchased four monitors over the last year, three from Acer, one from Asus. I re-sold two of the Acers, a 21-inch TN and a 24-inch IPS; both buyers have raved about them. The Asus one was garbage - tons of backlight bleed with some of the worst color reproduction I've ever seen. Their support is basically non-existent, too. Fortunately I was able to return it to the store and exchange it for an Acer XB240H, which is one of the least-expensive G-Sync monitors available. Despite being a TN panel, the colors and viewing angles are surprisingly good. I only had to tweak it a little bit using the OSD and NVIDIA control panel to get it where I wanted, unlike the Asus that I spent the better part of two hours calibrating and still couldn't find satisfactory settings. G-Sync is the real deal. Input lag with vsync on and tearing with it off - gone. I will not buy another monitor without this technology.

My only regret is not being able to afford either of the XB240H's larger G-Sync siblings, the XB270HU (1440p, 144Hz, IPS) or XB280HK (4K, 60Hz, TN). The only reason I'd consider the latter is because I can downscale games to 1080p and be much closer to pixel-perfect output than doing the same thing on a 1440p display.

As a side note, I'm not a fan of ultra-wide either. I get why some people like it, but I'd personally rather have two separate displays.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 08:52:10 »
What's wrong with them?

Not a thing. I've purchased four monitors over the last year, three from Acer, one from Asus. I re-sold two of the Acers, a 21-inch TN and a 24-inch IPS; both buyers have raved about them. The Asus one was garbage - tons of backlight bleed with some of the worst color reproduction I've ever seen. Their support is basically non-existent, too. Fortunately I was able to return it to the store and exchange it for an Acer XB240H, which is one of the least-expensive G-Sync monitors available. Despite being a TN panel, the colors and viewing angles are surprisingly good. I only had to tweak it a little bit using the OSD and NVIDIA control panel to get it where I wanted, unlike the Asus that I spent the better part of two hours calibrating and still couldn't find satisfactory settings. G-Sync is the real deal. Input lag with vsync on and tearing with it off - gone. I will not buy another monitor without this technology.

My only regret is not being able to afford either of the XB240H's larger G-Sync siblings, the XB270HU (1440p, 144Hz, IPS) or XB280HK (4K, 60Hz, TN). The only reason I'd consider the latter is because I can downscale games to 1080p and be much closer to pixel-perfect output than doing the same thing on a 1440p display.

As a side note, I'm not a fan of ultra-wide either. I get why some people like it, but I'd personally rather have two separate displays.

Good to know, thanks!

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 09:20:46 »
Panel manufacturer is more important than the monitor manufacturer if you are trying to gauge quality and QC concerns. A lot of the monitors you see on the market actually share a common panel manufacturer. The Dell, LG, Acer, and Asus 34" 3440x1440 ultrawide is the same LG panel, just different feature sets such as monitor curve or Gsync. That's why the "100hz" operation is an overclock feature of the Gsync module.. it's really just the same 60hz panel being used.

By the same token, the 27" 2560x1440 IPS 144hz gsync/freesync monitors are the same panel by AUO (or slight variant for frameless case design), as no other manufacturer has made a competing product.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 09:52:12 »
Panel manufacturer is more important than the monitor manufacturer if you are trying to gauge quality and QC concerns. A lot of the monitors you see on the market actually share a common panel manufacturer. The Dell, LG, Acer, and Asus 34" 3440x1440 ultrawide is the same LG panel, just different feature sets such as monitor curve or Gsync. That's why the "100hz" operation is an overclock feature of the Gsync module.. it's really just the same 60hz panel being used.

By the same token, the 27" 2560x1440 IPS 144hz gsync/freesync monitors are the same panel by AUO (or slight variant for frameless case design), as no other manufacturer has made a competing product.

they are NOT the same panels.

YEs, they're the same models of panels.. but Dell only accept high grade panels, A+,    Acer will take anything from anywhere to anywhere, they don't give a h00t..

That's the difference..  this is the reason why asus and acer so often get the bad rep for backlight bleed and pixel issues,   

Yea they get all the panels from LG,  but the panels are sorted,   Diamonds go to Dell,  the rough crummy ones are bought at a huge discount by Acer and Asus.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 10:09:51 »
AUO doesn't have a grading method for QC control, like LG does - at least they don't seem to.

Dell is subject to low quality stuff too - a lot of people have very bad things to say about them. Only the Ultrasharp line offers any assurances and that's through their excellent customer service for returns. I've really only seen Apple specifically cherry pick A+ panels for the least amount of customer complaints. The recent Dell TN G-Sync screen (S2716DG), which isn't an ultrasharp, has had several QC related issues (dead pixels, pixel inversion, dust behind panel). A

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it is also an AUO panel (AU Optronics to clarify).
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 10:39:09 »
I rolled the dice on a monitor from Monoprice recently (http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=13808&seq=1&format=2), but 27" 1440p IPS for $250 shipped and no hassle returns was worth it to me. It's very clearly an LG panel inside and seems fine to me. No dead pixels on arrival which was the biggest deal to me. I think some people have mentioned backlight bleed, which has been pretty common with a lot of LG screens recently for some reason, but since I watch 0 movies on my computer it's not something I notice. I don't do much intense gaming like FPS, and can see very faint trailing once in awhile in some of the faster games, but getting the 144hz super gaming 0ms response time monitor wasn't worth the extra $300 to me. Only problem is my poor ol' 660ti can definitely not handle 1440p gaming so it's just 1080 stretched (bleh). Time to start collecting change from the couch to upgrade.

Offline PQTran

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 01:27:32 »
I recently bought two U2414H Dell monitors. This is the first dual screen setup for my home.

127822-0

Ignore the stupid joke
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 February 2016, 01:31:45 by PQTran »

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 10:26:04 »
I recently bought two U2414H Dell monitors. This is the first dual screen setup for my home.

(Attachment Link)

Ignore the stupid joke

Welcome to the dual monitor world  ;D

I hope that keyboard will get replaced very soon here though  :p
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 10:30:11 »

(Attachment Link)

Ignore the stupid joke
Just needs a mech.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:04:53 »

(Attachment Link)

Ignore the stupid joke
Just needs a mech.

Just about to say this... how did you even get that KB to work with Windows? Or do you use a Mac with dual-boot?

Offline PQTran

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 00:54:33 »
Haha yea, I'm waiting for my first mech to come in the mail  ;D

Offline PQTran

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 00:58:43 »

(Attachment Link)

Ignore the stupid joke
Just needs a mech.

Just about to say this... how did you even get that KB to work with Windows? Or do you use a Mac with dual-boot?

I believe it's a pretty universal keyboard, I've actually used it on my phone at times too. For my Windows10 computer, I just used a bluetooth adapter and search for devices

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 04:55:08 »
I've recently got myself an ultra wide DELL U3415W. I really love the wide screen and the slight curve, I much prefer it to a dual monitor setup. Incredibly nice for video editing and spreadsheet.

For my wife I've got an Asus PB278QR which is incredibly good for the price. No bleeding, very good colors, very light anti-glare film and decent contrast (beware of the ending "R" in the ID, that identifies the latest PWM-free model).
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 February 2016, 05:03:54 by Matt3o »

Offline raymogi

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 05:01:31 »
I've recently got myself an ultra wide DELL U3415W. I really love the wide screen and the slight angle, I much prefer it to a dual monitor setup. Incredibly nice for video editing and spreadsheet.

For my wife I've got an Asus PB278QR which is incredibly good for the price. No bleeding, very good colors, very light anti-glare film and decent contrast (beware of the ending "R" in the ID, that identifies the latest PWM-free model).

Good choice on that Dell. I had mine for a little over 3 months now and I'm loving it. Also came to it from a triple monitor setup and I don't miss it at all.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 07:40:14 »

At work and don't have a picture with the lights on, but I just upgraded to the Asus Predator Z35 monitor. It's really nice but the aspect ratio doesn't work with every game. It's G Sync which is nice and goes up to 200 Hz. I usually keep it at 120 hz and use the ULMB which tends to be a lot smoother. I have it running off of two Asus GTX 970 Strix cards. The one thing I don't like is it is only 1080P so the monitor tends to make menus and stuff look really large. My last monitor, currently sitting on another table, was the Asus ROG swift which was 144 hz and 1440. It was really smooth and precise but the large Z35 is more immersive.