Author Topic: What's wrong with you?  (Read 3361 times)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
What's wrong with you?
« on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 10:15:32 »
It's not healthy to focus on the negative all the time, but it IS easy. So let's see what ails us so we may collectively feel better through either familiarity or schadenfreude.

I'll start:
Two slipped discs in my spine so my back hurts a lot
Sciatica caused by the above
Quite depressed a lot of the time
Seem to have a pretty bad memory for useful information
Addictive personality, terrible at moderation
Eyesight failing, now wear glasses
Had a touch of athletes foot but seems to be gone now
Bald

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What's wrong with you?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 11:52:06 »
I'm bored all the time, my health is in the toilet, I have no friends, I have no real money, I have no SO, no car, hate my job and have no where else to go, my cat has a degenerative disease disabling her legs slowly, and I constantly daydream about taking my own life.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 12:00:13 »
That's the spirit!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 12:13:57 »
I'm not sure I should post here, just in case a prospective future employer or recruiter would google my username and see it ...
🍉

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 21:48:35 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 22:17:31 »
It's not healthy to focus on the negative all the time, but it IS easy. So let's see what ails us so we may collectively feel better through either familiarity or schadenfreude.

I'll start:
Bald

Tp4 Solutions

100% Veggie - Two slipped discs in my spine so my back hurts a lot
100% Veggie - Sciatica caused by the above

________ When they autopsied patients with chronic back pain, they found that the arteries supplying the spinal column were completely clogged with fat.. This greatly increased the deterioration of the spine and all its components.

100% Veggie - Quite depressed a lot of the time

________ 100% Veggie greatly improves all aspects of physical health, which transposes onto ones mental health.

100% Veggie - Seem to have a pretty bad memory for useful information

________ People underestimate the severity of fatty foods and its impact on the body. The vascular system supplies nearly every component of the body. The brain is especially susceptible to damage by animal products and high fat consumption, because the vasculature there is very thin and narrow, easily clogged

________ When they've scanned the brains of heart patients and standard western diet 50 year olds, they found white spots which are micro-strokes.  small vasculatures in the brain which are clogged with fat. This type of strokes accumulate to form dementia, and later potentially fatal strokes.

Crack Cocaine, It's Vegan - Addictive personality, terrible at moderation

________  I'm not suggesting you actually pick up crack,   the idea is, there are other things in life you can pursue FOR PLEASURE, other than eating fatty animal foods,   for example,  drone racing, kinky sex with ur wife

100% Veggie - Eyesight failing, now wear glasses

________ The eyes are full of blood vessels, eating high fat diets is the main driver of degenerative eye disease.

100% Veggie Green Tea Foot-bath - Had a touch of athletes foot but seems to be gone now

________ It's been tested to be more effective than the most powerful antifungal on the market, and it's completely side-effects free,  no ****ting blood or nothin..

100% Veggie - Bald

________ Early balding is one of the signs hormonal imbalance,  a huge contributor to this is the hormones in modern lifestock.  For example milk comes from currently pregnant cows, which have a huge dose of estrogenic hormones.    They also shoot up all livestock, chickens, pigs and cows with modified hormones under the GUISE of anti-biotics, after the government passed laws banning such hormones.  They went to the chemist, had a few compounds spliced, and bam, hormone is now an antibiotic,  but it still works like a hormone..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 23:04:08 »
I just downloaded Golf Clash,

FML ,  it's so addicting..

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 04:01:38 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50202.0

Well that's about what's bothering you. This is about what's wrong with you. I'm thinking more a list of physical and mental problems rather than a collection of bugbears and **** that happened at work or whatever.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 04:05:00 »
I feel like I'm losing confidence day by day, It feels awful.

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 04:09:24 »

I'll start:
Bald

Tp4 Solutions

100% Veggie - Two slipped discs in my spine so my back hurts a lot
100% Veggie - Sciatica caused by the above

________ When they autopsied patients with chronic back pain, they found that the arteries supplying the spinal column were completely clogged with fat.. This greatly increased the deterioration of the spine and all its components.

100% Veggie - Quite depressed a lot of the time

________ 100% Veggie greatly improves all aspects of physical health, which transposes onto ones mental health.

100% Veggie - Seem to have a pretty bad memory for useful information

________ People underestimate the severity of fatty foods and its impact on the body. The vascular system supplies nearly every component of the body. The brain is especially susceptible to damage by animal products and high fat consumption, because the vasculature there is very thin and narrow, easily clogged

________ When they've scanned the brains of heart patients and standard western diet 50 year olds, they found white spots which are micro-strokes.  small vasculatures in the brain which are clogged with fat. This type of strokes accumulate to form dementia, and later potentially fatal strokes.

Crack Cocaine, It's Vegan - Addictive personality, terrible at moderation

________  I'm not suggesting you actually pick up crack,   the idea is, there are other things in life you can pursue FOR PLEASURE, other than eating fatty animal foods,   for example,  drone racing, kinky sex with ur wife

100% Veggie - Eyesight failing, now wear glasses

________ The eyes are full of blood vessels, eating high fat diets is the main driver of degenerative eye disease.

100% Veggie Green Tea Foot-bath - Had a touch of athletes foot but seems to be gone now

________ It's been tested to be more effective than the most powerful antifungal on the market, and it's completely side-effects free,  no ****ting blood or nothin..

100% Veggie - Bald

________ Early balding is one of the signs hormonal imbalance,  a huge contributor to this is the hormones in modern lifestock.  For example milk comes from currently pregnant cows, which have a huge dose of estrogenic hormones.    They also shoot up all livestock, chickens, pigs and cows with modified hormones under the GUISE of anti-biotics, after the government passed laws banning such hormones.  They went to the chemist, had a few compounds spliced, and bam, hormone is now an antibiotic,  but it still works like a hormone..

Well TP you're preaching to the choir here. Although I must say, despite eating all my veggies and no milk, and despite going to the gym five times a week, I still feel depressed most of the time.

My back problem is from a summer job doing office removals when I was a teen. Pretty sure it's not meat related. The gym and pilates has helped it somewhat, but it'll never be right again, it's already more than 20 years ago.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 04:38:07 »

I can sympathise. What do you think is causing it?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 08:44:52 »

Well TP you're preaching to the choir here. Although I must say, despite eating all my veggies and no milk, and despite going to the gym five times a week, I still feel depressed most of the time.

My back problem is from a summer job doing office removals when I was a teen. Pretty sure it's not meat related. The gym and pilates has helped it somewhat, but it'll never be right again, it's already more than 20 years ago.

Are you @ the 100% veggie, 10% fats level ?

This is a fairly stern foods-ratio modern science has Re-discovered..

This Gif best explains what happens when you eat 100% veggie, 10% fats.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 09:33:03 »

(Attachment Link)

You sure it's not just the jam making you feel like that?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 09:44:41 »

(Attachment Link)

You sure it's not just the jam making you feel like that?

Jam is the next level..

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 13:55:31 »

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 December 2017, 23:46:34 by Duckyreddy »

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 18:57:24 »
My wife's always asking me this... She usually emphasizes the word "wrong".
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 07:55:43 »

My friend group at school most likely, I haven't been feeling so great lately and I really wanted some time on my own so I approached new people and just overall trying to have a good time, away from my friends who are aware of the situation, who couldn't keep their mouth shut.
I just have no sense of belonging.  :))

Don't fret. Proper friends will make themselves apparent over time. And belonging is over rated, just do your thing and interested parties will gravitate toward you, and you toward them. It's a natural process and you can't force it. School is the worst for this stuff, but with hindsight it'll mostly seem unimportant.

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 14:46:24 »

Don't fret. Proper friends will make themselves apparent over time. And belonging is over rated, just do your thing and interested parties will gravitate toward you, and you toward them. It's a natural process and you can't force it. School is the worst for this stuff, but with hindsight it'll mostly seem unimportant.

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 December 2017, 23:47:33 by Duckyreddy »

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 16:45:01 »
Eventhough I am relativly successful in life, married, good job, have been to different countries, get to travel with work. I just can't help feeling unfulfilled, like i am missing something. I can't help but sit here and reflect and wonder... why oh why did nvidia skip the 800 series GPU and leave me wondering  forever what could have been.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 16:52:30 »
Eventhough I am relativly successful in life, married, good job, have been to different countries, get to travel with work. I just can't help feeling unfulfilled, like i am missing something. I can't help but sit here and reflect and wonder... why oh why did nvidia skip the 800 series GPU and leave me wondering  forever what could have been.

That is a very good question..  the didn't skip it.. technically,  they released Mobile 8 series..

Then they were like,  we done goofed,  let's synchronize the mobile and desktop chips..

And so there's no 8 series desktop

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 16:58:39 »
As for .. un-full-filled-ness ..

The Human motivational system is really only spec-ed for a physically hostile and food scarce environment.. 

It is also designed to keep us generally motivated and happy until age ~50, the approximate age when natural humans perish for any-reason..

We live accelerated lives modern day.

We engage in adult experiences earlier in our life cycle.

Put all of these NEW things together,  and it is clear that our biology is merely at great-mismatch..