Author Topic: I was looking into handheld gaming.  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Surreal Killa

I was looking into handheld gaming.
« on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 14:21:30 »
I've found some obscure brands that are much cheaper than Sony or Nintendo, they run ROMs and such. However this also led me to discover some tablets that are reasonably priced. For example:

JXD is company, one description of their tablets is:

"They're tablets are stronger than the current iPads 1, 2 and surprisingly iPad 3."

Is this just propaganda? They sells for like $100.
You're not hardcore! (No, you're not hardcore)
Unless you live hardcore! (Unless you live hardcore)
But the legend of the rent was way hardcore!

Offline Lanx

Re: I was looking into handheld gaming.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 14:47:11 »
jxd seems to be one of those companies that just says screw it, as is evident with their s7100, it runs android 2, and has a a9 processor, which is powerful enough to emulate n64 games. The reason why the s7100 does well and ppl embrace it, is cuz it has physical controls, picture a kindle fire(7in screen) in your hands and on the sides you have a playstation controller, which they blatently ripoff and just don't give a f...

this was last year when my friend was looking around and we did research, he says he likes his, there is a newer more powerful one out but it has a 5in screen (i don't know the difference haven't researched)

then the ones you've seen the full 9in ipad copies, no idea on these... as the reason why the jxd company actually did well was they merged a 7in screen android device that could play roms with a surprisingly good controller built in.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 03:12:41 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 15:24:26 by davkol »

Offline Surreal Killa

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 01:31:04 »
I've had my eye on the Pandora project since before production began. Pricing is still outrageous though. JXD released a catalog of their upcoming items, and I've decided on either the S7300B or the S5600B.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 03:11:58 »
i have a gp32 and a gp2x in storage somewhere.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline schizrade

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 22:37:51 »
I had an Experia Play for a while. It was a great game system. ****ty smart phone though. Under powered in that role.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 14:51:24 »
Handheld gaming is terrible, you have to bring your elbows so close together, and your shoulder cramps up after a while, i have broad shoulders.

if only they made an adapter like the wii mote nunchuck that detaches from the handheld.. That'd be great...

Offline Surreal Killa

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 08:24:15 »
if only they made an adapter like the wii mote nunchuck that detaches from the handheld.. That'd be great...

See: http://steelseries.com/us/products/other/steelseries-free-mobile-wireless-controller