Author Topic: FedEx just arrived with interesting new toy's.  (Read 1848 times)

Offline typo

FedEx just arrived with interesting new toy's.
« on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 10:39:50 »
First up should lay to rest any doubt. To those that (really?) think that I am my Grandfather.

I bought a one of a kind "Epomaker" keyboard off of someone I met online. In China. It is 60% with an Acrylic case. It arrived to me with Hot Swap Zealios. The keycaps are 1.78mm thick Dyesub PBT. The entire keybed depicts a "Chinese Zoo". You would have guessed correctly that the Panda bear is the star of the show. I have yet to even unpack it.

I had fared very well with Aviator connectors. I had more than a few and never a failure. Then like most, I moved on to Lemo and YC8. Also like most that used these in volume I experienced disproportionate failures. So I finally moved on to what the video pro's did long since. With this keyboard I bargained for this guy to get me a Magnetic quick disconnect USB 'C" Data cable. It does not look fancy like a double braided Paracord cable with a YC8. However not only should the cable itself continue to function. It is highly unlikely that it damages the keyboard or computers either.

I am sure you are all wondering something? By my standards as of late. This cost me literally nothing. In fact I probably have made money on this already. I could not be entirely sure but I feel that I just did not pay him enough. He was elated. So I am not feeling guilty like I outright took advantage. I most certainly did not. I have no idea what this may be worth. I am just guessing something more than I paid. Perhaps he is the one laughing right now.

I will tell everyone. If you are going to do Business overseas more than once per year. It would be in your best interest to get yourselves a customs broker.

In closing, the other thing someone is bound to ask. I still am without a mobile phone(camera). AT&T IMO is amongst the worst companies in the land. I dropped my phone. Just allow me to purchase a new one. No, I must pay out my contract first and then sign a new one. How insane. I am not a new customer or even close to being one. I wanted to pay the remainder of the contract in one payment and sign a new one. They were not having it. I talked to every last manager. Another lesson for everyone, get Verizon or something.

There is one last thing while I have the floor. I must have 40 broken high end keyboards right here. Not enough time to repair one of them. That upsets me but what can I do. I assure you all if I was in fact the Grandfather they would have all been repaired long ago. Younger people actually have to work. In fact I am playing hooky at the moment. I wish there was a way to show you this stuff. I suppose I will be doing so eventually. I am not going to purchase a DSLR. I have no interest in that whatsoever. Okay I have said enough.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: FedEx just arrived with interesting new toy's.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 13:18:02 »
You are 1:1 like you grandfather.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 21:47:52 »
The apple does not fall far from the tree. I am honestly not him though. Can't you tell I talk more like a young man? Seriously, we did everything together.

So anyway, I am not sure about magnetic cables for HI-speed Data transfer. Such as on a Hard drive. On a keyboard they are nice. Since the USB 'C' jacks often fail with much usage. Plus YC8 or Lemo often fail with much usage. For outright looks a Very nice YC8 Cable has it. Great way to blow $250 IMO.

As for the keyboard. Perhaps I did not pay him too little after all. It was a fair deal I suppose. I got 61 Zealios. The keycaps are indeed PBT and thick. The dye sub "Theme" across them is nicely implemented. The stabilizers came clipped and greased. You would think it would compare favorably to an HHKB. Even though that is a different animal altogether. Unfortunately it just does not.

I think it might boil down to the case comes into question. I am not exactly sure what it is about this board that does not do it for me. An HHKB is hands down much more comfortable to type on. Even for Cherry boards I think a Pok3r is a better experience. Perhaps I will see about getting this into a better case. For all I know then it turns out to be the plate! It is still a nice collectors item. Which is half of why I do this. I can only type on one keyboard and it is always a Realforce. That in fact may be the entire problem! I am so used to Topre I just cannot accept Mechanical switches. I wonder.....

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 22:29:29 »
On your phone, buy a phone, Ebay, Amazon, Walmart, Google, T-mobile, anywhere, if you must just get an AT&T Paygo phone, then go to the AT&T store (or call) and say you need a sim card for your account, if they ask why say it was damaged, I doubt they will even ask. Setup the phone, slip in the sim card, done, no new account, no new contract, at worst you pay $10 for a new sim card. Your phone is not locked to the plan, even if you're still paying on it it changes nothing. I've done this multiple times on multiple carriers, including AT&T.

Seriously, it's not that difficult.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline jamster

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 00:25:55 »
You are 1:1 like you grandfather.

Why do I imagine that in Darth Vader's voice?

Luke... you are your grandfather."

Offline funkmon

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 11:52:49 »
On your phone, buy a phone, Ebay, Amazon, Walmart, Google, T-mobile, anywhere, if you must just get an AT&T Paygo phone, then go to the AT&T store (or call) and say you need a sim card for your account, if they ask why say it was damaged, I doubt they will even ask. Setup the phone, slip in the sim card, done, no new account, no new contract, at worst you pay $10 for a new sim card. Your phone is not locked to the plan, even if you're still paying on it it changes nothing. I've done this multiple times on multiple carriers, including AT&T.

Seriously, it's not that difficult.

Jesus he can't afford to buy a new phone! he spends thousands and thousands on keyboards! He has no money!

Offline typo

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 13:18:08 »
It is not that I cannot afford It.  It is exactly what Leslie eluded. I swear these jerks will not issue me a new SIM card. They say it is the anti "T" deal. I could get a burner phone but those are not smart phones here. You have to remember my Grandpa and I live(d) in the middle of nowhere. It is not like this is Milwaukee or Chicago and I can get a great burner phone and be done with contracts. I am telling the truth. I do not know why my carrier will not give me a SIM card. My Grandpa had made every payment on time for like 60 years. Before cell phones of course. So it is not like I am some risk to them or something. This is complete BS. I have made about 9 payments for no phone.

I am glad we are not discussing that keyboard. It was nothing special. The picture was cute. The typing, even with Zealios kind of stinks. I do know you all want to see the I1. I want to show it off. Truthfully I want the top Samsung phone. By the time this is sorted new ones will be out. Don't get me wrong. I am furious with AT&T. All our services were bundled. I am kind of stuck.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 21:48:24 »
By now you could have had a new one delivered by Amazon.

By the way, did your old sim break?
Order a T-Mobile Samsung on Amazon (next or 2 day) and slip that card in. Done.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline typo

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 02:58:42 »
They disabled it. I hate them so much. They are evil. I pay for it. There must be some law about this. It is not worth getting an Attorney. They cost like 10 years of service. I do not mind to pay cash for the best brand new Note model. I need a darn sim on my carrier! I can't walk away because they have all my other services. Do you understand now? They disabled it because I informed them that the phone was non functional. Freaking idiots. Not you folks, ATT.