Author Topic: Definitive Omron Switch Guide for Mice  (Read 367863 times)

Offline Vojtak42

Re: Definitive Omron Switch Guide for Mice
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 13:01:11 »
I know. I just wanted to say that it wasn't as bad for me as you write.
When I put them in my G900 the right click became inconsistent within a month or two and got progressively worse from there.

Offline Vojtak42

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 14 August 2022, 10:05:35 »
Hello,
does anyone know what means "NH" in name of this switch -  D2FC-FL-NH?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #202 on: Sun, 14 August 2022, 12:15:10 »
It should have a flat metal lever to activate the button.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 15:07:21 »
I know I'll eventually swap out my switches in my GPxSL, but I'll need to start having issues with it first - been an amazing mouse and worth the money over-all.  Also want to wait since I swapped from PTFE to glass skates on my mouse as well - don't feel like taking the chance on breaking them if the switches are fine.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 10:52:13 »
These switches are not like mechanical keyboard switches, there's not really much in terms of options.

Just buy a direct replacement, yours are dead.
And the more you run that benchmark the faster they will die.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Vojtak42

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 24 September 2022, 09:34:13 »
Hello, you are missing OF switches

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 24 September 2022, 14:51:08 »
That's translated Chinese and loses almost all sense of fact.

I appreciate the help (I'll look into the OF), but I'm not using any of that in the guide, too much poorly translated marketing fluff.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 30 December 2022, 19:52:56 »
people buying microsoft WMO for $15-30  = stupid.

stealing microsoft WMO from wurk = +999 int.

it also seems wmo can wear out even the japan omron pretty quickly because there's no overtravel protection,  so add some tape to the switchtops to set this, which would save actuations.

tp4 has wore out 3x d2f01f omrons on wmo.

Offline DZHEX

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 11:12:32 »
I just replaced some switches that started double-clicking in a logitech G903.
The switches that were in the mouse that started acting up were D2FC-F-7N(G)
The switches that I replaced them with - D2F-F. So far so good.

Does anyone know what the G is?

It also feels like the dot/nib/button is about half a millimeter taller on the D2F-F than on the chinese one... might be the wear, though - I've been using the mouse for almost exactly a year 2 years now.

also, thanks for this guide, I almost bought some chinese replacements on amazon before I decided to look into this. Since there was a local electronic component store that had some in stock, I also managed to save about half the money and a ton of time.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 April 2023, 11:18:16 by DZHEX »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #209 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 22:00:10 »
The G is probably a Logitech specific switch or it could be how it's packaged for installation, could also be a new way to ID longevity since I'm not seeing anything else, but then it's also not a retail switch and they don't like to disclose that info. Doesn't matter really, you got what you needed. Glad the guide helped.

There is some minor difference in the measurement between Chinese and Japanese but i suspect most of what you're seeing is probably the leaf spring sagging on the old one. The picture even seems to confirm that.
Good job and congrats.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline sscm1

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 10:37:33 »
Hi everyone, I've been trying to restore my FinalMouse Ultralight Phantom, and I'm trying to keep it original, unfortunately, there is no info on the side switches and switch that is used for the scroll wheel. Any chance someone can identify them by a picture?
 It says C NO NC on it, and that's it.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 23:40:19 »
It says C NO NC on it, and that's it.
That's just how it's wired.
c = common
no = normally open (not passing current)
nc = normally closed (passing current)

Looks like a d2f clone.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Jdbye

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 17:33:45 »
I just replaced the left and right click switches in my G502 with Omron D2F-F, it's been doing the double click for at least a year, it only lasted a few months before it started doing it. Disappointed with the quality of Logitech products these days, I also have a G915 TKL, where the keys have started breaking off the stems, they're just so thin and flimsy, and since it's a proprietary design, the replacements are expensive and have the exact same problem.
Anyway, I digress...

I just have one question, that others in this thread with more experience might be able to answer. The switches I ordered from Mouser don't have any indication of the lifetime rating, other than the button color (the only labeling is Omron Japan and D2F-F, no dot), which is gray/beige, which would indicate 10M, even though the OP says not to go by the button color.
My question is, are there different versions of the D2F-F with different lifetime rating, or are they all 10M? On Mouser, it seems like the other variations of the D2F-F just have different pins or are the lever type. Although none of them specify the lifetime rating. 10M just sounds low compared to the blue button "50M" of the switches they replaced, even though that is not legit 50M.

I've only used it for a couple hours after replacing the switches, but I actually prefer the feel of the new switches. That could just be because the old switches were worn. They just feel nicer and more satisfying to press.
I hope they'll last longer than the D2FC Logitech puts in the G502. Opening the thing up was annoying, so many screws, and the stickers covering the screws unavoidably get mangled a little.
It was also a good chance to give the whole thing a deep clean, it needed it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 July 2023, 17:46:32 by Jdbye »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 22:17:39 »
Button color is the old way of determining lifespan, with no other markings it's probably safe assume 10m.

Don't be bummed about not getting 50m, more than a few of us feel the higher lifespan models while having a longer life under ideal circumstances (mice are not) they are more prone to being damaged and since the threshold for damage is so low many of us have better luck with lower lifespan switches. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, you shouldn't blame Logitech for a switch failure... Well, not entirely. They don't make the switch, Omron does however all of these mice are now operating outside the limits of the Omron switch so Logitech and others do deserve some blame. Unfortunately these companies (not just Logitech) built up the Omron reputation as a marketing tool and now need an alternative but would you buy a mouse with some random switch? Probably not.

And yes your old switches were worn, hence the feel.
Bummer about the board but congrats on the mouse, a lot cheaper than replacing the whole thing.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Jdbye

« Reply #214 on: Mon, 31 July 2023, 11:29:06 »
Button color is the old way of determining lifespan, with no other markings it's probably safe assume 10m.

Don't be bummed about not getting 50m, more than a few of us feel the higher lifespan models while having a longer life under ideal circumstances (mice are not) they are more prone to being damaged and since the threshold for damage is so low many of us have better luck with lower lifespan switches. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, you shouldn't blame Logitech for a switch failure... Well, not entirely. They don't make the switch, Omron does however all of these mice are now operating outside the limits of the Omron switch so Logitech and others do deserve some blame. Unfortunately these companies (not just Logitech) built up the Omron reputation as a marketing tool and now need an alternative but would you buy a mouse with some random switch? Probably not.

And yes your old switches were worn, hence the feel.
Bummer about the board but congrats on the mouse, a lot cheaper than replacing the whole thing.
Thanks for the answers. But one question remains, are there versions of the D2F-F with a higher lifetime rating?
I'm not too concerned right now, the switches are cheap enough, but down the road if I need to replace them again, and I know higher lifetime D2F-F switches exist (if they indeed do) I would do my best to seek those out so that the next replacement could be an even longer lasting one.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 31 July 2023, 17:23:57 »
Thanks for the answers. But one question remains, are there versions of the D2F-F with a higher lifetime rating?
Yes, but keep in mind what I said before about them being more delicate.
It takes pretty much nothing to damage them.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline transeurasian

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 25 December 2023, 11:59:25 »
informative, thank u :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 20:34:23 »
Omron makes my bathroom scale and bp monitor, so they are doing good work in my book. Not sure about their switches tho...