Author Topic: Have you ever climbed a tree ?  (Read 4282 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Have you ever climbed a tree ?
« on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 11:04:30 »
Tp4 hasn't..

Seems like a thing someone should do , having evolved from monkies-n-all..

Thoughts ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Have you ever climbed a tree ?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 11:18:49 »
How far do you have to go to count?  There's a huge tree not far from here with a really thick bottom trunk that splits into many smaller ones about six feet off the floor, we used to picnic where it split when I was young.  Don't think I've climbed any other trees higher...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 11:21:34 »
How far do you have to go to count?  There's a huge tree not far from here with a really thick bottom trunk that splits into many smaller ones about six feet off the floor, we used to picnic where it split when I was young.  Don't think I've climbed any other trees higher...

Not sure..

Tp4 has only ever lightly touched a tree. It was sticky with sap, so Tp4 swore, NEVER again.

Only now in his advanced age, has he begun to re-contemplate the experience opportunities which may be missed if Tp4 ever lost limbs in a mechanical accident.

Probably the lathe,  that' thing is dangerous as heck..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 12:26:39 »
Kids nowadays.

We used to climb trees all the time. One of my friends did take a bad fall once and broke both legs.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 13:27:06 »
Yes, but not that much. I think I would have climbed more as a kid if more trees in my neighbourhood had reachable branches. I can remember only a few trees right outside the after-school centres where we spent late afternoons.

Oh, we had that one adventurous kid who got in all sorts of accidents: broken legs and arms, got a concussion more than once, stepped on a rusty nail, etc. Also, his mom made him wear clothes in earth tones because he used to get dirty a lot.  :))  Myself I never got into an accident, and I dressed neater than I do today.

Compare to kids over here today, when at every outing, kids are required to walk in lines holding hands wearing reflective vests. Parents make their kids wear cell phones all the time so they can be tracked by GPS. And when they are home, instead of playing outside, they are given tablets with games on to make them sit down so they need only be glanced at now and then while mom and dad are texting on Facebook.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 14:27:36 »

Happens every time.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 14:36:18 »
My oldest daughter climbs trees in our yard, barefoot even. I'm always having to tell her to get down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 15:16:10 »
Lots of times, as a little Rowdy.  Not so much as a bigger Rowdy, and when I do I don't tend to go as high as I used to.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JP

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 16:34:58 »
So who wants to call the fire department when tp4 gets stuck in a tree?
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 17:29:46 »

No worries, Tp4 brings his chainsaw.. !!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 21:54:03 »

The fact that this is part 4 is of some concern.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 22:21:59 »

I guess peeps arn't takn' physics more seriously.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
Have you ever climbed a tree ?
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 05:02:20 »
Last year. It was about 10m (~33ft) and I had to climb it to cut it down.
Bit of a shame, it was a nice Syzigium but had to go for an in ground pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2018, 17:54:13 by invariance »
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline JP

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 07:33:21 »

No worries, Tp4 brings his chainsaw.. !!

Wait, that somehow makes things better?
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 08:05:48 »
Yes lots of times.
I used to spend all my free time outside, either playing soccer or climbing ****. :D
I didn't get a computer before I was around 11-12 years old. That's when the addiction started.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 17:34:27 »

Although it does demonstrate that the rag doll effects outside are quite realistic.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 13:54:48 »

Although it does demonstrate that the rag doll effects outside are quite realistic.

now that survival of the fittest is kaput, people have decided to take things into their own hands

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 05:10:48 »

now that survival of the fittest is kaput, people have decided to take things into their own hands

There is a school of thought in today's nanny society that says we should remove all warning labels and let natural selection do its thing.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 07:55:28 »
There is a school of thought in today's nanny society that says we should remove all warning labels and let natural selection do its thing.

I'm all for it - does it have a name?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 09:40:39 »
Are you calling me a monkey?

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 17:31:18 »
Climbing trees was one of my main activities as a young'n AMA

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 17:53:14 »

Tp4 recent attempt,  the bark really hurts,  is this a pain endurance thing ?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 18:15:15 »
One of my grade school buds could scale limbless trunks. Without climbing gear--straight A student too. He might be an engineer now, idk we didn't stay in touch.

I would sometimes climb Southern Magnolias to read my Goosebump books but that's only when I didn't have access to Live Oak trees.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 19:36:59 »
I was always climbing trees as a kid used freak out my friends parents cos they'd be worried I'd fall. I did once but caught branch on the way down and its good I did cos I was up 30 feet.

Funnily enough I've felt the urge to climb a tree a couple of times recently. If I found an isolated place where people can't see me I might well do it again soon.

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 19:56:24 »
f
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 September 2022, 10:51:54 by sam0s »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 20:32:08 »

I'm all for it - does it have a name?

No idea, but there'a probably a law against it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 20:32:42 »

Tp4 recent attempt,  the bark really hurts,  is this a pain endurance thing ?

After a while you learn not to grab the branches with the sharp pointy bits of bark.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 06:22:34 »
Jesus Christ how much of a shut-in would you have to be to have never climbed ANY tree?! Oo
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 07:18:40 »
Jesus Christ how much of a shut-in would you have to be to have never climbed ANY tree?! Oo

Lvl 99+

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 08:22:05 »

Lvl 99+

Show Image

You're a wizard!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 08:51:51 »

how much of a shut-in would you have to be to have never climbed ANY tree?

I doubt that I have climbed a tree since my late-teens-early-20s. Perhaps TP4 emerged from his cocoon as an adult. It would explain a lot.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 16:55:30 »

Lvl 99+

Show Image

I approve of this, as well as the removal of warning labels; just need to find a politician willing to campaign on that premise then we should be good to go