Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 556904 times)

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #3150 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 16:14:57 »
tacos with extra onions

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3151 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 16:21:30 »
I just sat in the floor of my kitchen and ate chips with my two-year-old son. He is not feeling well so I brought him some of his favorite chips. Even though it was so simple, we had a really great and memorable moment.

That made me really happy.

//Relevant to offspring.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3152 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 16:30:47 »
I just sat in the floor of my kitchen and ate chips with my two-year-old son. He is not feeling well so I brought him some of his favorite chips. Even though it was so simple, we had a really great and memorable moment.

//Relevant to offspring.

hahaha

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3153 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 17:33:51 »

//Relevant to offspring.

hahaha

It's strange that vaccinations are mandatory for any navy brat that travels from certain countries (me included) to another but it's not mandatory for the general population of the US.

The more important question remains to be answered. What kind of chips were consumed during this joyous occasion?

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3154 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 17:35:53 »

//Relevant to offspring.

hahaha

It's strange that vaccinations are mandatory for any navy brat that travels from certain countries (me included) to another but it's not mandatory for the general population of the US.

The more important question remains to be answered. What kind of chips were consumed during this joyous occasion?

The only kind... Cool Ranch Doritos

JK... I love all chips.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3155 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 17:51:32 »

//Relevant to offspring.

hahaha

The only kind... Cool Ranch Doritos

JK... I love all chips.

Soothing, nice.

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #3156 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 19:20:01 »
Currently in 64th place globally on Resident Evil Revelations' Raid Mode Event "Killcount Challenge" (Steam version). Yes, I know the number of active players isn't too much higher than 100 these days (most players are on the Switch version now, which has more parts for weapons and more support from Capcom), but it's still nice to not be in 118th place again.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3157 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 20:33:09 »
Submitted a resume recently that included a link to my github profile. Software testing position, but it's SOMETHING.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2019, 16:57:10 by csmertx »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3158 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 22:21:35 »
When it rains it pours. I have 3 job interviews set up in the next week  :D

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3159 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 22:27:48 »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3160 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 08:13:58 »
Finally got some sleep, was really needed.
Had a productive day at work as well and that always makes me happy.

Offline iri

« Reply #3161 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 02:54:18 »
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #3162 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 04:58:39 »
Thinner Prettier Richer

=.=

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #3163 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 18:53:38 »
The Chiefs whooping the Colts 31 - 13. Also, the Chiefs hosting their first championship game ever at Arrowhead Stadium next week.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3164 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 08:19:00 »
I found out i've been underpaid at work for the last five years. Which sounds like it'd bother me but HR are now onto it and working out how much i'm owed. It'll be somewhere in the five figure mark so that'll pay for my wedding nicely.

I'm also starting a new job in the same company in about a month and a half which i'm looking forward to.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3165 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 08:22:47 »
I found out i've been underpaid at work for the last five years. Which sounds like it'd bother me but HR are now onto it and working out how much i'm owed. It'll be somewhere in the five figure mark so that'll pay for my wedding nicely.

I'm also starting a new job in the same company in about a month and a half which i'm looking forward to.

Holy **** man! That's awesome!

Congratulations on the new job too.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3166 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 08:49:41 »

Thanks dude  :D

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3167 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 08:55:40 »

You're welcome man! Honeymoon in Florida?  :p

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3168 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:18:33 »

Hahaha, I think Vikki might have something to say about it if we went on holiday to America four years in a row. Hopefully we can afford to go somewhere in the Indian Ocean though

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3169 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:24:27 »

Hahaha, I think Vikki might have something to say about it if we went on holiday to America four years in a row. Hopefully we can afford to go somewhere in the Indian Ocean though

Haha that's understandable. Hopefully it works out!

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #3170 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 14:46:09 »
When you take out your IEMs and that Keychatter hits you  :cool:

What great news :D Congrats on your engagement/wedding!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3171 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 21:33:30 »
When you take out your IEMs and that Keychatter hits you  :cool:

What great news :D Congrats on your engagement/wedding!

Grats kind sir :)

I've started a weird treacherous road with FreeCAD. Sometimes finishing a tutorial makes me happ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3172 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 20:05:28 »

How can that even happen?  And what changed that they suddenly noticed?

Congratulations on all counts :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3173 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 05:42:35 »
Found my PS3 today along with a controller.
It ****in' still works!
Got a lead on where to get the original RDR - oh man the nostalgia.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3174 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 06:09:59 »
It ****in' still works!

PS3 is a rad system with so many good games. Plus it's region free and plays PS1 games with very good upscaling.

Funnily enough I was playing RDR online about a month ago and was fairly surprised to see how active the servers were. Probably in anticipation of RDR2 online, which wasn't out quite yet. But people were just as big as *******s as I remember RDR online being.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2019, 06:11:57 by noisyturtle »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3175 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 06:37:03 »
It ****in' still works!

PS3 is a rad system with so many good games. Plus it's region free and plays PS1 games with very good upscaling.

Funnily enough I was playing RDR online about a month ago and was fairly surprised to see how active the servers were. Probably in anticipation of RDR2 online, which wasn't out quite yet. But people were just as big as *******s as I remember RDR online being.
Ah yes, online RDR I remember it well.
Used to play a lot of online RDR when I had the PS3 as my main system.
I doubt I'll be going that route this time, probably sticking to the SP campaign.

**** really? I had no idea you could play PS1 titles on it. Will have to get some of my old favorites then.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3176 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:58:41 »
Thank you everyone

How can that even happen?  And what changed that they suddenly noticed?

Congratulations on all counts :)

I think it might have been to do with me moving jobs they looked at my pay to see how much i was getting paid in the current job vs how much i wanted for the new job then realised they'd ****ed up. From what my boss said, I get four different types of overtime, but the system we use to record our overtime only allows for two different types. Since he's been a manager, some 10 odd years, he's put the last two bits of overtime in the comments section on the overtime page. Apparently the last five years they haven't been paying attention to it so everyone recruited in the last five years has been affected.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3177 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 23:56:43 »
After a short back and fourth with a figure *manufacturer(my bad, Bluefin is a distributer) that began as an innocuous question on their upcoming releases, Bluefin decided to just send me a review sample of one of their figures for free! Obviously I will have to write or record some sort of review on the figure, but they were cool enough to just send me one without me even asking. How ****ing cool is that? No idea what the figure will be, but hot damn am I jazzed about getting a review sample action figure from such a reputable company! This is how you make lifelong fans of your products.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2019, 00:33:56 by noisyturtle »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3178 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 00:13:14 »
After a short back and fourth with a figure manufacturer that began as an innocuous question on their upcoming releases, Bluefin decided to just send me a review sample of one of their figures for free! Obviously I will have to write or record some sort of review on the figure, but they were cool enough to just send me one without me even asking. How ****ing cool is that? No idea what the figure will be, but hot damn am I jazzed about getting a review sample action figure from such a reputable company! This is how you make lifelong fans of your products.

Nice. Must have been one well written prose :)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #3179 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 00:46:32 »
After a short back and fourth with a figure manufacturer that began as an innocuous question on their upcoming releases, Bluefin decided to just send me a review sample of one of their figures for free! Obviously I will have to write or record some sort of review on the figure, but they were cool enough to just send me one without me even asking. How ****ing cool is that? No idea what the figure will be, but hot damn am I jazzed about getting a review sample action figure from such a reputable company! This is how you make lifelong fans of your products.

"i'm a pretty big deal in the action figure reviews world."
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3180 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 00:48:59 »

"i'm a pretty big deal in the action figure reviews world."

I hate to admit it but I think in-depth complaining was what got them to hook it up.

But hey, complaining is something I'm really good at!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3181 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 09:51:10 »

"the First one's Free "

212033-0

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3182 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 12:29:51 »

"the First one's Free "

(Attachment Link)

You going to sling some of that coke.this way.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3183 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 13:02:02 »

Tp = Straight Edge,   No droogas..

Only potatoes and ketchup 4 Tp.. !!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3184 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 13:20:22 »

Tp = Straight Edge,   No droogas..

Only potatoes and ketchup 4 Tp.. !!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3185 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 21:23:42 »
Animals, Food, Metal, and Horror Movies.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3187 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 10:54:46 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3188 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 17:57:43 »
SNOW! Finally it actually got cold and snowed! It's so pretty outside I went for a nice long walk. Funny how I never want to leave the house when it's nice out, give me a beautiful silent blanket anyday.

Offline derznation

« Reply #3189 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 18:02:27 »
SNOW! Finally it actually got cold and snowed! It's so pretty outside I went for a nice long walk. Funny how I never want to leave the house when it's nice out, give me a beautiful silent blanket anyday.

Do you live on the west cost by chance? I flew in to Seattle this morning and had my  flight cancelled because of all the snow lol

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3190 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 18:15:39 »
#jealous

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3191 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 18:19:56 »

Do you live on the west cost by chance? I flew in to Seattle this morning and had my  flight cancelled because of all the snow lol

Funny thing is compared to everywhere else I've lived this is not even that much snow. In Boston particularly I remember going to school in nearly a foot, then all the kids were trapped because it piled up during the school day like that Simpsons episode. They'd freak out over .5 in here.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3192 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 21:58:56 »
I accidentally tried Kodi while I was testing out Batocera. Damn. Browsing the Kodi interface with my xbox one controller was an added bonus :thumb:

Offline iri

« Reply #3193 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 02:10:33 »
Manchester and Liverpool airports recently closed because of a 5cm snowfall.

Meanwhile, in Russia:

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3194 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 00:56:40 »
Got next week off.  :cool:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3196 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 09:05:24 »

are the 2080Tis Ready ?
No I'm afraid only 980Ti still. Haven't found a reason to upgrade as of yet.
Right now I'm re-playing Red Dead Redemption on the PS3. I love that game.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3197 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 09:21:09 »

are the 2080Tis Ready ?
No I'm afraid only 980Ti still. Haven't found a reason to upgrade as of yet.
Right now I'm re-playing Red Dead Redemption on the PS3. I love that game.

I keep reading that new apex EA game is pretty gud'

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3198 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 09:32:32 »
You. Yes. You.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3199 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 09:37:04 »