Author Topic: Boiled Qeyooks  (Read 3936 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Boiled Qeyooks
« on: Fri, 25 August 2023, 20:20:00 »
Tastes super weird..

Cook it, and Qewks get all alternate galaxy on you. Thoughts ?

302164-0

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Boiled Qeyooks
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 08:08:42 »
Thanks for putting in the picture, I genuinely had no idea :p .

I don't understand why people like cucumber at all. In any shape or form. Most people say it doesn't taste of anything - then why add it?!

Then there's people like me who think it's actually an extremely dominant flavour and then it gets really gross.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 08:12:31 »
Then there's people like me who think it's actually an extremely dominant flavour and then it gets really gross.

Try it boiled chryos, it goes from dominant to RuPaul.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 09:18:45 »
I am not a fan of cucumber, but not a hater. I may eat a bit or 2 if it is found in my salad, but the only time I can say that I enjoy it in bulk is in a Greek-style tomato/cucumber/feta salad.

It does have an odd texture and coolness that can serve as a nice counterpoint in salads and cold soups. For example I make a summer soup that is basically a basket of garden vegetables ground up together, and 5%-10% cucumber can transform it from salsa into cold soup.

Pickles (cucumber pickles, that is) have seldom turned me on even though I like other pickled vegetables better, but an occasional bite of sour pickle along with a sandwich can add a refreshing counterpoint.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 09:50:28 »
What is Fohat's salsa recipe.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 10:31:29 »

salsa recipe

Ha Ha Ha - every batch is different ! - I am not a purist.

During garden season, it is whatever I pick that is ripe, and grind it up together in the food processor.

But if I am shopping at the produce store, it is usually tomatoes (including tomatillos), peppers (multiple species sweet and hot), onions (including garlic and scallions), and various incidentals such as fresh herbs and dry spices including salt, pepper, cumin, and whatever. Tomatillos are cut into slices and roasted until they sweat and start to brown, but everything else is raw.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 August 2023, 03:00:18 »

Try it boiled chryos, it goes from dominant to RuPaul.
Thanks but I never use it myself so there's no point and if it takes away the flavour then I repeat, what's the point of adding it? :p

But if it's in my sushi or sauces or whatever it just overrides all other flavours and I can't boil it xD .

Honestly a lot of veg follows a similar trend. I hate most of them but people say it doesn't taste of anything, then why add it?!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 August 2023, 03:37:42 »
boiled cucumber tastes like cum

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 August 2023, 07:31:57 »

it doesn't taste of anything, then why add it?

Fruits and vegetables (and cucumbers, like tomatoes, are fruits) are full of nutrients as well as roughage (aka "fiber" in modern lingo), especially when fresh.

Offline LavenderB

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 27 August 2023, 07:39:40 »
I hate most of them but people say it doesn't taste of anything, then why add it?!
1. crunchy
2. refreshing coolness (in the case of cucumbers)
3. vehicle for dressings, adds volume (in the case of lettuce)
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 27 August 2023, 10:14:50 »
OK fair, it's a health thing then. But then let's not collectively pretend it's tasty :p .

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 27 August 2023, 10:58:27 »
I make my own dill pickles, because those go with some dishes. But I suppose that it is really the pickle juice and the dill that makes it. The cucumber/gherkin (same thing, just different varieties) is a good carrier for it.

The centre has a sweet flavour. When I make tzatziki, I separate that and drink it.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 27 August 2023, 19:11:27 »
I make my own dill pickles, because those go with some dishes. But I suppose that it is really the pickle juice and the dill that makes it. The cucumber/gherkin (same thing, just different varieties) is a good carrier for it.

The centre has a sweet flavour. When I make tzatziki, I separate that and drink it.

Pickles are so good and work with a lot, gonna make some spicy pickles at home soon, but it's kinda hard to find pickling cucumbers at the big chains here.
fjell | hhkb bt