Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 137526 times)

Offline CbR4

Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1100 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 10:22:35 »
I'm rewatching an anime from my early teenage years - Code Geass. I've never really been an anime fan, but for some reason someone gave me this series on a DVD when I was 13 or 14 and I enjoyed it. I recently found out that it was on Netflix and have started watching it again with a broader worldview and definitely understand some of the content a bit more. Very glad I decided to get back into it and rewatch it.

Beyond that, I've been slowly working my way through Suits which I love, can only watch it in certain moods though. Also running Superstore for a bit of silly comic relief, definitely get a few laughs out of it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1101 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 02:46:11 »
America's Next Top Cuckold

and Ugly Americans. Underrated animated comedy.
s01e14 of Ugly Americans, The Manbirds, was genuinely the hardest I laughed in a long time. Great episode  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 June 2021, 13:10:41 by noisyturtle »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1102 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 03:59:35 »
America's Next Top Cuckold

and Ugly Americans. Underrated animated comedy.
s01e14 of Ugly Americans, The Manbirds, was genuinely the hardest I laughed in a long time. Great episode  :thumb:

Good one.  You made me actually search to see if it was a real show.  To be honest, it wouldn't have surprised me.
Some of my Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • She/they
    • My promotion link
« Reply #1103 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 21:44:54 »
Im watching six days seven nights

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1104 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 10:33:55 »
Im watching six days seven nights

I like that movie, any movies with Harrison to be honest :)
9100 | 3070 | 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
KBD67 Lite R2 Zealios v2 78g| CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks Frosty Flake | Model M | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Carbon, 7bit's R6 Symbiosis, Amber Screen Cherry: GMK Laser, OG caps MT3: Serika
::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #1105 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 10:35:13 »
I watched Rainmaker from 1997.
Good movie, I generally like movies form 80s-90s, but I said that already :D
9100 | 3070 | 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
KBD67 Lite R2 Zealios v2 78g| CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks Frosty Flake | Model M | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Carbon, 7bit's R6 Symbiosis, Amber Screen Cherry: GMK Laser, OG caps MT3: Serika
::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • She/they
    • My promotion link
« Reply #1106 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 21:45:17 »
I am watching inception in bigscreen

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1107 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 05:39:59 »
My better half has me watching the Crown.    They should have never changed the main royal actors after season #3.
Some of my Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1108 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 23:40:52 »
Documental on Amazon. Not really familure with Japanese comedians, the only one I know is Jimmy Onishi who is in the show and still killin it at his age. Comedy in Japan is very different from Western comedy, relying more on dry humor, wordplay, and physical comedy. I could have done without the first season, there were some bits I didn't enjoy (picking toilet paper remnants out of someone's ******* and blowing it dry? no thanks) but season 2 so far is pretty funny.
Ultimately I'm glad Amazon gave a show like this a shot, I get Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende vibes from it for sure which is a good thing.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1109 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 07:11:22 »
Fear Street - not sure, but it wasn't that great.
I'll see how second part will be.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1110 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 16:15:55 »
Watched Falling Down with Michael Douglas. I found myself commiserating with and rooting for him nearly the entire way. I totally get that numbness and societal separation the main character was feeling, but the movie did a good job pacing his 'decline.' By the end it became clear he may have had some issues. The cop parts I could have done without, the one younger guy who was partners with the lady annoyed the hell out of me every second he was on screen but that was clearly intentional. It reminded me of a Bobcat Goldthwait directed film in many ways. Worth a watch if you've never seen it before.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1111 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 17:39:17 »
Watched Falling Down with Michael Douglas. I found myself commiserating with and rooting for him nearly the entire way. I totally get that numbness and societal separation the main character was feeling, but the movie did a good job pacing his 'decline.' By the end it became clear he may have had some issues. The cop parts I could have done without, the one younger guy who was partners with the lady annoyed the hell out of me every second he was on screen but that was clearly intentional. It reminded me of a Bobcat Goldthwait directed film in many ways. Worth a watch if you've never seen it before.

I've seen it maybe 3-4 months ago - I had same feelings like you. Sometimes I'm worried that in 10-20 years I go out on streets and gonna start killing people, as they piss me off with their stupidity so much...
Anyway, good movie - I have been recently (last 2 years) downloading and re-watching all old movies, like from 80s onwards. This was one of them, I enjoyed it, those old movies have something in them, that feels better, more real, than movies nowadays.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1112 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 18:17:55 »

I've seen it maybe 3-4 months ago - I had same feelings like you. Sometimes I'm worried that in 10-20 years I go out on streets and gonna start killing people, as they piss me off with their stupidity so much...
Anyway, good movie - I have been recently (last 2 years) downloading and re-watching all old movies, like from 80s onwards. This was one of them, I enjoyed it, those old movies have something in them, that feels better, more real, than movies nowadays.

If you liked that I'd highly recommend God Bless America, it does what this movie did but I think a bit better.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1113 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 03:21:07 »

If you liked that I'd highly recommend God Bless America, it does what this movie did but I think a bit better.

Yep, I've seen it as well, very good one. It shows all the crap of this world that I hate and make me sick. Perfect:)

Offline phinix

« Reply #1114 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 09:16:51 »
Rojst, on Netflix.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1115 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 20:59:13 »
Just watched, Little Women (2019), it's alright.....  the interleaved format didn't seem necessary, just cumbersome.

Can't say it lives up to the hype.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1116 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 02:32:19 »
The Client (1994). Movie ok, that boy was pissing me off, stupid little d*head...