Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 556908 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 13:50:57 »
shower beer   ^-^

I'm ashamed that I've done this.  :blank:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 13:52:48 »
Lately? Playing Borderlands The Pre Sequel with Binge and planning a trip to (belatedly) celebrate Chinese New Years.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 13:59:08 »
Lately? Playing Borderlands The Pre Sequel with Binge and planning a trip to (belatedly) celebrate Chinese New Years.

What Lvl. are you? I think I'm 23ish and I'd love to play with you guys.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #453 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 14:01:21 »
Think we're at 15 ish?

Offline iri

« Reply #454 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 14:04:04 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #455 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 23:43:01 »
That people are enjoying my plate builder.  :)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #456 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:05:44 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #457 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:13:13 »
shower beer   ^-^

Is that a euphemism?

Nope.   :-[   It's when you drink a beer in the shower.  :))  Surprisingly relaxing and enjoyable. 

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #458 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:17:18 »
shower beer   ^-^

Is that a euphemism?

Nope.   :-[   It's when you drink a beer in the shower.  :))  Surprisingly relaxing and enjoyable.

OH ... I thought it was when you ... well never mind.
How do you wash yourself while holding/drinking a beer.
I don't have this kind of coordination.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #459 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:17:29 »
shower beer   ^-^

Is that a euphemism?

Never done that, but I do like a beer in the bath

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #460 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:18:16 »
shower beer   ^-^

Is that a euphemism?

Wash first, then sit in hot water and enjoy beer. It's a great feeling  ;D
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #461 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:22:15 »
shower beer   ^-^

Is that a euphemism?

This is an option, though that's more of a bath.  :P

I have a shower with sliding doors, rather than a rod with curtain.  The top of the fixture for the doors is flat and big enough to support a beer, so I set it on there, out of the water spray.  Take a drink, water up, drink, soap, drink, rinse, drink, wet hair, drink, shampoo, drink, rinse, drink, drink, drink, drink, drink, drink, rinse, dry.  Before you know it, you're buzzed and all cleaned up!   ^-^

Relevant: http://www.reddit.com/r/showerbeer

Offline Moralless

« Reply #462 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:24:10 »
That people are enjoying my plate builder.  :)

Well it's a pretty fantastic tool, and I can't wait what people can come up with especially since BBS has offered their services.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #463 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 06:17:51 »

shower beer   ^-^

Is that a euphemism?

beer tastes so bad this has to be a euphemism
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #464 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 06:42:57 »
Goodbye Russia party tomorrow at 14:00. Drinking that early! I feel so European!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #465 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 04:30:03 »
ITS SNOWING EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #466 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 13:52:21 »
Your not in Canada.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #467 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 14:04:06 »

Your not in Canada.
no im in norway and totally a child
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #468 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 14:05:11 »

Offline TheOpposition

« Reply #469 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 15:22:44 »
shower beer   ^-^

This is the best after a day at work.  :thumb:
(2) Poker II's
Poker 3 W/ Blues
JD40
Ergrodox

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #470 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 16:23:24 »
shower beer   ^-^

This is the best after a day at work.  :thumb:

showering in beer... never made it out of the tub..

this leads to an interesting phenomenon

showering in beer = bathing in beer = sleeping in beer = waking up in beer 

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #471 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 16:24:42 »
I'm having a bath beer tomorrow. For sure.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #472 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 16:28:47 »

Feb 23, headlines,  British man follows internet advice, drowns to death in a bathtub full of beer..

Fowl play suspected, as it was his wife who purchased the beer and let him do it..

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #473 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 16:33:35 »

Feb 23, headlines,  British man follows internet advice, drowns to death in a bathtub full of beer..

Fowl play suspected, as it was his wife who purchased the beer and let him do it..

LMFAO  :))

What a way to go.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline compgeke

« Reply #474 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 16:40:35 »
People's "old" computers.

Recently I've picked up four old computers, only two of which were legitimately slow.

First:
Poweredge R510 with Dual Xeon X5672s (3.2 GHz Quads w/HT) and 64 gigs ram for $10. Seriously, what the hell, one stick of ram is worth more than $10.

Second\Third:
Two Dell Precision T3500s with Xeon W3503s (2.4 GHz Dual-Cores), one had 2 gigs ram, the other 4 and both Quadro NVS 295s. Got both for $5. They are DDR3 and Socket 1366 though so one's already at an i7 940 and 12 gigs ram, the other's going to get some quad-core Xeon (or maybe the i7 if I can find a 6-core) and 6 gigs ram. Thing is, the upgrades are dirt cheap as I have the ram on hand and the quad-core 1366 Xeons are like $20. The 6-cores $80-$150.

Fourth and most recent:
HP Z200 with a Xeon X3440 (2.53 GHz Quad w/HT), 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Quadro FX580 for free. For whatever reason they put XP 32-bit on it (without PAE) but hey, it's a free quad-core with 8 gigs ram that's faster than any $300 tower you'll go out and buy today.

Really though, with the exception of the T3500s what is it with people acting like some of this stuff is ancient?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #475 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 17:01:59 »

Recently I've picked up four old computers, only two of which were legitimately slow.

First:
Poweredge R510 with Dual Xeon X5672s (3.2 GHz Quads w/HT) and 64 gigs ram for $10. Seriously, what the hell, one stick of ram is worth more than $10.

Second\Third:
Two Dell Precision T3500s with Xeon W3503s (2.4 GHz Dual-Cores), one had 2 gigs ram, the other 4 and both Quadro NVS 295s. Got both for $5. They are DDR3 and Socket 1366 though so one's already at an i7 940 and 12 gigs ram, the other's going to get some quad-core Xeon (or maybe the i7 if I can find a 6-core) and 6 gigs ram. Thing is, the upgrades are dirt cheap as I have the ram on hand and the quad-core 1366 Xeons are like $20. The 6-cores $80-$150.

Fourth and most recent:
HP Z200 with a Xeon X3440 (2.53 GHz Quad w/HT), 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Quadro FX580 for free. For whatever reason they put XP 32-bit on it (without PAE) but hey, it's a free quad-core with 8 gigs ram that's faster than any $300 tower you'll go out and buy today.

Really though, with the exception of the T3500s what is it with people acting like some of this stuff is ancient?

Um... I'd say they're all in the fast-enough category...   but it comes down to ipc if you want to compare to new hardware..  and it'd be something like 20-50% behind..

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #476 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 17:54:50 »
shower beer   ^-^

Is that a euphemism?

This is an option, though that's more of a bath. 

I have a shower with sliding doors, rather than a rod with curtain.  The top of the fixture for the doors is flat and big enough to support a beer, so I set it on there, out of the water spray.  Take a drink, water up, drink, soap, drink, rinse, drink, wet hair, drink, shampoo, drink, rinse, drink, drink, drink, drink, drink, drink, rinse, dry.  Before you know it, you're buzzed and all cleaned up!   ^-^

Relevant: http://www.reddit.com/r/showerbeer
Holy crap that sound amazing, gonna give it a try

My showerbeer addiction is somewhat different. It's when I have a long hot tub (with salt added to the water, yes it relieves stress and anxiety)  and come out from the tub to a very very cold brain freezing beer
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #477 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 18:49:53 »

First:

Second\Third:

Fourth and most recent:

They are all faster than anything I have :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #478 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 14:45:39 »
TURIANS LOOK LIKE BIG KITTIES
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #479 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 18:18:16 »
1. Unlimited data on my phone from work
2. My internet is out (cancelled after roommate moved out, so it was intentional), and I've already noticed that in the time it's been out I have been infinitely more productive; I think we should all go back to 56k to force ourselves to get more stuff done  :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #480 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 19:02:41 »
2. My internet is out (cancelled after roommate moved out, so it was intentional), and I've already noticed that in the time it's been out I have been infinitely more productive; I think we should all go back to 56k to force ourselves to get more stuff done  :))

Then we would just sit around waiting for things to load.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 February 2015, 19:09:56 by SpAmRaY »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #481 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 19:04:48 »
School getting cancelled because of one inch of snow ^-^

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #482 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 19:30:33 »

Then we would just sit around waiting for things to load.

Yeah, and then maybe we would be more patient and relaxed.   ^-^   Ah, who am I kidding, we'd all just be mad all the time.  :P

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 19:46:57 »

Weak

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #484 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 06:25:01 »

u fukn serious over here i'd have to drag my **** through radioactive metal shards for six miles before they'd even consider letting someone off
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #485 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 06:42:49 »

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #486 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 08:07:10 »
swedish css servers translated for your pleasure at the cost of how funny it sounds
"I WASN'T DROPPED AS A CHILD" "i'm sure you were :)" "no i was thrown"
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #487 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 08:17:48 »
This is probably going to sound dumb, but since moving to Toronto, I have gone from a half-hourish subway ride to work every morning to a half-hourish walk every morning to work. The walk has become increasingly enjoyable for me. It probably helps that there are six or seven different paths to get me to work, too.

Apart from the amazingly cold temps lately (below zero most morning, horrible wind, etc.), it gives me a zen-like state of mind. The subway seems to be an alternate dimensions were seemingly normal people turn into full-blown sociopaths; however, when I walk, I really don't have to deal much with people. Throw on some headphones, listen to a podcast, and wander to work.

It's great.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #488 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 08:22:20 »
This is probably going to sound dumb, but since moving to Toronto, I have gone from a half-hourish subway ride to work every morning to a half-hourish walk every morning to work. The walk has become increasingly enjoyable for me. It probably helps that there are six or seven different paths to get me to work, too.

Apart from the amazingly cold temps lately (below zero most morning, horrible wind, etc.), it gives me a zen-like state of mind. The subway seems to be an alternate dimensions were seemingly normal people turn into full-blown sociopaths; however, when I walk, I really don't have to deal much with people. Throw on some headphones, listen to a podcast, and wander to work.

It's great.
Got you on that, public transportation sux.
Walking is cool if not too long of a walk, and if the neighborhood you walk in is ok.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #489 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 12:05:48 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V
THE PHANTOM PAIN

COMING
SEPTEMBER 1ST WORLD WIDE

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #490 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 12:58:22 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V
THE PHANTOM PAIN

COMING
SEPTEMBER 1ST WORLD WIDE
hideo kojima's perception of women is a failure of the game designer
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #491 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:05:03 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V
THE PHANTOM PAIN

COMING
SEPTEMBER 1ST WORLD WIDE

Is it really? 

why you h8 leggy women..

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #492 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:14:58 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V
THE PHANTOM PAIN

COMING
SEPTEMBER 1ST WORLD WIDE
why you h8 leggy women..
Show Image

i hate hideo kojima's perception of women
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:23:10 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V
THE PHANTOM PAIN

COMING
SEPTEMBER 1ST WORLD WIDE
why you h8 leggy women..
Show Image

What perception would that be?
That they are equal and in some aspects more equal than men as fighters and people with morals and purpose? The most important character in the whole series is a woman, a woman who was also the greatest solider to ever live.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #494 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:31:08 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V
THE PHANTOM PAIN

COMING
SEPTEMBER 1ST WORLD WIDE
why you h8 leggy women..
Show Image

What perception would that be?
That they are equal and in some aspects more equal than men as fighters and people with morals and purpose? The most important character in the whole series is a woman, a woman who was also the greatest solider to ever live.
i believe these two pictures alone say enough, not to mention the women in mgs 4 submitting to you after bossfights posing and dancing for you in rather compromising positions
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #495 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:33:11 »
haha knew it, don't know why I even bothered.. such incite is inspiring!

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #496 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:39:08 »
shower beer   ^-^

Shower beers are truly one of lifes simple pleasures.
eh o well

Offline iri

« Reply #497 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 15:58:35 »
do you guys use a special pipe to suck beer from the bottle so that drinking doesn't interrupt your showering process?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #498 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 18:01:34 »
visa: approved
canada: go

so much to pack :( help me.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #499 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 18:10:42 »
do you guys use a special pipe to suck beer from the bottle so that drinking doesn't interrupt your showering process?

Nope.  I'm not exactly striving for efficiency when I drink a beer in the shower.  ;)  It's more to relax.