Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 556849 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #700 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 15:37:35 »
good news, my ritual sacrifices to the gh allowed me to have alpha channels in my avatar

bad news, i did nothing good with it and please dont give me a warning for this ****
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #701 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 22:11:27 »
good news, my ritual sacrifices to the gh allowed me to have alpha channels in my avatar

bad news, i did nothing good with it and please dont give me a warning for this ****

Banned

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #702 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 03:57:27 »
The tire man is here :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #703 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 10:20:44 »
What legit makes me happy is that the PS Vita is actually a brilliant system with some really amazing games.
Living with my SO atm so I don't have access to my PC or boards and my PS3 died so I'm left with my phone and Vita and holy **** that little thing is a BEAST. I can happily play Hotline Miami 1 and 2 which are both AWESOME. Then catch up on Persona 4 Golden which is one of my fav RPG's. Once I'm done with those there are a bunch BUNCH of totally free games via PSN+ this month inc Unfinished Swan and some strange horror/monster/baby touched based puzzle game, both free both pretty cool...

The buttons are laid out so that they don't give you insane cramp and the battery life is ****ing ridicules!! like for real... took it to Italy over xmas and NYE, played it on the flight, 2 hours or so, put it on standby in my bag, two weeks later took it out and beasted 4 hours of Persona 4, standby for another few days and then another few hours of Persona and only then did it need some charging!

and ofc, on top of all that... MGS2 and 3 in HD *****es!!!!!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #704 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 10:25:16 »
What legit makes me happy is that the PS Vita is actually a brilliant system with some really amazing games.
Living with my SO atm so I don't have access to my PC or boards and my PS3 died so I'm left with my phone and Vita and holy **** that little thing is a BEAST. I can happily play Hotline Miami 1 and 2 which are both AWESOME. Then catch up on Persona 4 Golden which is one of my fav RPG's. Once I'm done with those there are a bunch BUNCH of totally free games via PSN+ this month inc Unfinished Swan and some strange horror/monster/baby touched based puzzle game, both free both pretty cool...

The buttons are laid out so that they don't give you insane cramp and the battery life is ****ing ridicules!! like for real... took it to Italy over xmas and NYE, played it on the flight, 2 hours or so, put it on standby in my bag, two weeks later took it out and beasted 4 hours of Persona 4, standby for another few days and then another few hours of Persona and only then did it need some charging!

My favorite part is Katamari anywhere.   ;D

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #705 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 10:54:21 »

My favorite part is Katamari anywhere.   ;D

Thats the one game I don't have that I want, but I'm going to wait because I got the PS3 Katamari and the PSP Katamari games back to back... but yeah looking forward to that...

also forgot to add Pouy Pouy Tetris!!!!!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #706 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 19:57:28 »
Talked on the phone to my grandmother's old house helper tonight. She's the sweetest 97 year old lady. Still sharp as a whip, and asked about every single grandchild even though we hadn't seen her in 20+ years. She practically raised several of us.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #707 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 02:30:01 »
I qualify for Amazon prime free same day shipping
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #708 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 03:12:38 »

I upgraded to Prime for a month to try out there streaming service and... it's terrible, can't understand why people do it :/

You have to pay for 99% of the video's on the service... I was hoping it would be like netflix with free delivery options or something... but it's more like itunes with free delivery lol
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 03:17:15 by baldgye »

Offline iri

« Reply #709 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 06:11:25 »
i only used amazon prime for next day delivery.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #710 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 10:14:07 »

I upgraded to Prime for a month to try out there streaming service and... it's terrible, can't understand why people do it :/

You have to pay for 99% of the video's on the service... I was hoping it would be like netflix with free delivery options or something... but it's more like itunes with free delivery lol

To me, the streaming service is a happy bonus to the already awesome shipping benefits of Prime.  If I were to buy it solely for streaming, like you've done, I would probably be disappointed as well.

However, there are a handful of great shows streaming there that are not on Netflix (most notably a few HBO shows), and for that reason I do quite like it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #711 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 10:20:47 »

To me, the streaming service is a happy bonus to the already awesome shipping benefits of Prime.  If I were to buy it solely for streaming, like you've done, I would probably be disappointed as well.

However, there are a handful of great shows streaming there that are not on Netflix (most notably a few HBO shows), and for that reason I do quite like it.

Yeah I signed up for it to try and stream some of the movies I wanted to watch that wern't on netflix, but had to then pay to rent them anyway... the free shipping is nice, though I don't buy enough from amazon to really make the most of it

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #712 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 10:29:11 »
writing good, clean code and admiring it.

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #713 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 14:17:33 »
Having good friends take you out to let loose on a Friday night before a hell of a coming week

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :p
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #714 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 14:18:48 »
Oh

and my migraine being over!!!!!!!!!
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #715 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:04:01 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #717 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:08:08 »
Knowing I am off work tomorrow. :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #718 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:32:28 »

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #719 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:44:58 »
Oh

This is such a great thing because they suck so bad.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #720 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:20:50 »
Oh

+1

I get them 1-2 times a week after my brain injury.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #721 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:47:28 »
Oh

+1

You too? Sorry to hear that. You can talk to abswyfe about them any time.

That makes 3 GH forum users that I know of that have 1+ per week. I feel bad because I can't even deal with a sinus headache. I've had debilitating injury before including dislocating and broken elbow, torn muscles, and very bad concussions, but I bet I can't even start to comprehend what a migraine is like.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #722 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 14:19:16 »
Oh

+1

That makes 3 GH forum users that I know of that have 1+ per week. I feel bad because I can't even deal with a sinus headache. I've had debilitating injury before including dislocating and broken elbow, torn muscles, and very bad concussions, but I bet I can't even start to comprehend what a migraine is like.

It's like a hangover..  but hurts a bit more and the pain pulsates at a random rhythm.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #723 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 14:20:44 »
Oh

+1

It's like a hangover..  but hurts a bit more and the pain pulsates at a random rhythm.
My worst hangover was fun compared to my worst migraine.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #724 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:15:51 »
Sepp Blatter quitting FIFA.

Best news I've heard all year.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #725 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:26:08 »

the tyranny will merely continue under someone else..

It's the nature of being in POWER...  Nothing you can do about this.. It's a shortcoming of humans..

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #726 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:51:39 »

It's the nature of being in POWER...  Nothing you can do about this.. It's a shortcoming of humans..

It wont. It can't. The eyes of the world are open to this now. There are actually reputable people who are vying for his position. Ginola, Figo, Beckenbauer. Plus the funding of the world police are on the case.

If the African and Middle Eastern FAs will stop taking money for two ****ing seconds, maybe football can enter into a new age.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #727 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:53:59 »

It wont. It can't. The eyes of the world are open to this now. There are actually reputable people who are vying for his position. Ginola, Figo, Beckenbauer. Plus the funding of the world police are on the case.

If the African and Middle Eastern FAs will stop taking money for two ****ing seconds, maybe football can enter into a new age.

Wishful thinking of the poor..

The exploited ALL wish the world is a better place..

That is, until they become the exploiters..

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #728 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:55:52 »
Sepp Blatter right now...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #729 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:03:27 »

Show Image

Until he realises he can't hide behind his Swiss citizenship, and can still be extradited to the US.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #730 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:36:56 »

Show Image

Until he realises he can't hide behind his Swiss citizenship, and can still be extradited to the US.

You can't punish people in his position..

He's like a million years old already..

He's been super rich for at least 50 years

He's probably slept with 9999x super models... Male and Female..

What would punishing him accomplish... 

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #731 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:42:29 »

Show Image

As an example. And...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #732 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:45:14 »

Show Image

As an example. And...

Show Image

Pointless..

IF you believe you are just...  Become rich,  Don't spend ANY of that money and invest in social services..

Be the FIRST.....   

Not holdin' my breath though..   

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #733 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:53:54 »
You are saying this as if Blatter only spent the money he earned on "normal" things. Or that all rich people spend their money on bribing other countries. Or that all rich people earn their money by selling the integrity of the world's favourite sport to the highest bidder.

Blatter is no normal rich person. No other rich person can do the damage he has done to football. No person who comes into the job at FIFA can do the same amount of damage to the game that he has. The only way for FIFA now is up.

What you are saying, is that because he is rich and has been for a while, he shouldn't be tried? He shouldn't go to court or prison? Because he is old? They are still sending 90 year old concentration camp guards to court for human rights violations! Of course he should be tried! There is NO WAY he could be in charge for all this time and not have some dealing in this corruption. To be so blind to it.

Send him to ****ing Camp X-Ray.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #734 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:58:05 »
You are saying this as if Blatter only spent the money he earned on "normal" things. Or that all rich people spend their money on bribing other countries. Or that all rich people earn their money by selling the integrity of the world's favourite sport to the highest bidder.

Blatter is no normal rich person. No other rich person can do the damage he has done to football. No person who comes into the job at FIFA can do the same amount of damage to the game that he has. The only way for FIFA now is up.

What you are saying, is that because he is rich and has been for a while, he shouldn't be tried? He shouldn't go to court or prison? Because he is old? They are still sending 90 year old concentration camp guards to court for human rights violations! Of course he should be tried! There is NO WAY he could be in charge for all this time and not have some dealing in this corruption. To be so blind to it.

Send him to ****ing Camp X-Ray.

My point is...  punishment does not work...  Especially against people of power..

The problem is not so much the CHOICE of any one person..

It's an entire system of Black Money..

The courts and the governments are a part of that system..

This is a limitation of humans..   There is nothing you can do about this..

Cries of Justice are always overwhelmed by our pyramidal social organization..

Real justice must be blind and immune to the plight of man..   yet NO SUCH MAN exists.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #735 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 00:49:33 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #736 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 01:02:01 »
hell yea girl's day comeback

Koreans have a serious  stockings / sheer fetish..

-- young asian girls singing/dancing in provocative sheer

VIDEO links, probably NSFW

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #737 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 01:13:44 »

Show Image

I mean is anyone really complaing?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #738 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 01:14:51 »

Show Image

-- young asian girls singing/dancing in provocative sheer

VIDEO links, probably NSFW

I mean is anyone really complaing?

It's just an observation,  s'all

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #739 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:25:50 »
drugs

nondescript as possible for all of you hooligans.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #740 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:31:57 »
drugs

nondescript as possible for all of you hooligans.

Living is the most radical drug

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #741 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 08:33:26 »
Yesterday was fantastic.

As I was driving into work with my fiance, I was trying to use the android version of Siri to do a search. She kept singing anytime I would talk to the phone. My phone then joked her:

I laughed my ass off.

Later on, I got offered my first BroBot by 64rky... Free of charge!

My new employee seems really compitent and works hard.

My boss told me she is looking to give me the raise I asked for.

I put in an offer on a OG Dolch keyboard and it came through.

I won a couple games of Heros of the Storm with some buddies. A character I really wanted to try is free this week (Azmodan).

I ate a delicious home cooked steak (cast iron steak is best steak) and fell asleep snuggled between the girl I love and my cat.

Yesterday was a fantastic day.  :D

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #742 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:12:39 »

Ahhh, kpop. May our paths cross again some point in the future.

Ji-Yeon is still my Korean waifu

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #743 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:26:06 »
Oh

+1

My worst hangover was fun compared to my worst migraine.

Yeah I'm one of the sufferers.  My aunt described migraines as "birthing a baby out her eye socket".  I've never birthed a baby (and it's probably not on my horizon, since I'm a guy), but that sounds about right.
I'm back.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #744 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:30:56 »
Work has been crazy lately but today I got to hang out with an engineer from Japan. That was cool.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #745 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:40:23 »
The sales guy I help with his iPhone and iPad yesterday... used to work for the Boston Red Sox. He claims to have a 2013 World Series ring, and can apparently get me on the field for batting practice whenever I go to Fenway. This makes me happy.

On the flipside, do I dare trust a salesman? :eek:
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #746 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:43:11 »
Work has been crazy lately but today I got to hang out with an engineer from Japan. That was cool.

Did you guys have a math-off  ... Who's better at math..

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #747 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:44:04 »

Obviously him.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
What makes you happy?
« Reply #748 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 11:07:07 »

Haha I had one of these last night at my kids' school function. Guy went to the same uni as me for undergrad. Then 2x doctorates. Then a researcher for NASA. Now he's on faculty at UCF doing more research (both open and classified).

Yeah, he totally won our math off.
I'm back.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #749 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 16:52:47 »
TDEP tickets came ;D