Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 556926 times)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #1350 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:04:45 »
No 

foreveralone.jpg

Yea... but you're #Ronery by choice..

The rest of us are #Ronery4ever because we have major psychological problems....
Show Image

TP, you make an assumption that just because you are not in a relationship you are alone. Spoiler Alert: you can feel the same way when your in one. 

That being said, you need to find a woman, if for nothing else but to straighten out all your psychological problems.

Hoff just needs to get out more, and the ladies will come to him.  :-*

Unfortunately I think that relationships will come when you are mature enough and stable enough to actually handle one - you gotta sort yourself out first before you drag someone else into your life

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1351 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:47:31 »
being nice
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1352 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 03:39:26 »
No 

foreveralone.jpg

The rest of us are #Ronery4ever because we have major psychological problems....
Show Image

TP, you make an assumption that just because you are not in a relationship you are alone. Spoiler Alert: you can feel the same way when your in one. 

That being said, you need to find a woman, if for nothing else but to straighten out all your psychological problems.

Unfortunately I think that relationships will come when you are mature enough and stable enough to actually handle one - you gotta sort yourself out first before you drag someone else into your life

That kinda spells the end for tp.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1353 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 07:36:05 »
No 

foreveralone.jpg

Show Image

That kinda spells the end for tp.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1354 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:13:22 »
My wife is 25 years old and has never heard of Bob Ross. When they first started streaming that on twitch and she told me that, I almost asked for a divorce.

Almost?  >:D

Believe me, it was a tough decision.  I mean, 25 is definitely old enough to know who Bob Ross is right?

I'm 24 and know Bob Ross.

Are you married? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No 

foreveralone.jpg

Show Image

Not by choice.  :'(

It is by choice. Not your choice, but still by choice.
:>
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1355 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:14:43 »
More
My wife is 25 years old and has never heard of Bob Ross. When they first started streaming that on twitch and she told me that, I almost asked for a divorce.

Believe me, it was a tough decision.  I mean, 25 is definitely old enough to know who Bob Ross is right?

No 

foreveralone.jpg

Show Image

Ouch! Sick burn.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1356 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:16:11 »

No 

foreveralone.jpg

Show Image

r00d
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1357 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:18:27 »

No 

foreveralone.jpg

Show Image

:(

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #1358 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 12:13:56 »

No 

foreveralone.jpg

Show Image

:(

:)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1359 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 13:52:58 »
I want to hug the ninite guy everytime I install a computer  :-*
https://ninite.com/
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline shibataken

« Reply #1360 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 14:00:34 »
Fallout 4 hehe ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1361 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 19:14:02 »
My sister sent me an audio clip of my nephew (2 years old) counting to ten.  :D  He's so adorable!!  OMG.  ^.^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1362 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 19:39:46 »

Yea.... it's good n ' all.. 

But this is how you get HACKED....   NSA will inject code into that installer, at random intervals,  and a certain segment of people will download the infected code,.. 

And they'll switch the code back and forth such that the people don't always detect it in time.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #1363 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 03:25:28 »

Yea.... it's good n ' all.. 

But this is how you get HACKED....   NSA will inject code into that installer, at random intervals,  and a certain segment of people will download the infected code,.. 

And they'll switch the code back and forth such that the people don't always detect it in time.

I love you so much

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1364 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 03:59:22 »
The cicadas have just stopped.

Just like that, they all stopped at once.

Weird.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1365 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:31:16 »

Weird.

They say that happens before a huge natural disaster like a tsunami or earthquake.  Goodbye bro. :(
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline jaffers

« Reply #1366 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 13:56:41 »
EDIT: wrong thread lol, i aint gettin married anytime soon
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 November 2015, 20:13:36 by jfing14 »

Offline iri

« Reply #1367 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:14:11 »
I'm not married yet. I'm going to be forever alone
You must be a bit unusual if that makes you happy.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1368 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:37:00 »
Started new job today.  It seems great. I hope I'll be always to handle being on the road an in hotel daily.
we shall see.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1369 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:41:05 »
Started new job today.  It seems great. I hope I'll be always to handle being on the road an in hotel daily.
we shall see.

Sounds like a lot of opportunities for 'discreet encounters' :P

Grats on the job man :)

Offline iri

« Reply #1370 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 15:00:06 »
we shall see.
Is it only within France?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1371 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 15:11:01 »
we shall see.

Sounds like a lot of opportunities for 'discreet encounters' :P

Grats on the job man :)

tom_cruise_wink.gif

this wifi sux ass

we shall see.
Is it only within France?

Yep south east quarter of France.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline iri

« Reply #1372 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 15:20:01 »
Yep south east quarter of France.
azhdar's new job:

1) eat truffles
2) drink wine
3) shelter ladies

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1373 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 19:43:33 »

Weird.

They say that happens before a huge natural disaster like a tsunami or earthquake.  Goodbye bro. :(

Still here :p

You should join TP4's club!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1374 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 19:47:13 »

Weird.

Yay!
I'm back.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #1375 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 20:12:36 »
You must be a bit unusual if that makes you happy.

This is in the wrong thread

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1376 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 03:42:25 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 November 2015, 03:45:35 by rowdy »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1377 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 03:45:24 »

Weird.

Yay!

The cicadas are at it again.  This does not make me happy, but does in crease my anticipation that at any moment they may stop.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1378 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 03:57:04 »
They have stopped :)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1379 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 06:45:44 »

They have stopped :)

Lol well keep us posted bro
I'm back.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1380 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 07:21:05 »
Gettin my 55g topre after waitin for 3 day because of bank issue

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1381 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 16:27:20 »
Winning the football game vs Denmark

Very busy with studies atm.

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #1382 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 03:21:33 »
remembering arby n the chief is getting another season

Offline osi

« Reply #1383 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 06:41:24 »
I'll be working Thursday and Friday from home this week yay-oh and Fridays every week work from home. Winning

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1384 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 08:39:26 »
Just had my morning class on Friday cancelled and then I have a 8 day break for Thanksgiving. :D
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1385 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 08:39:40 »
My recent virgin 55g Topre experience... and being able to drink cold water and chew on the left side of my mouth! I got a sensitive tooth pulled over a week ago and the extraction area has finally healed up well.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1386 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 08:54:57 »
My recent virgin 55g Topre experience... and being able to drink cold water and chew on the left side of my mouth!

Before reading the rest of your post, I thought these were somehow related.

Cured by 55g Topre!  :))

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1387 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 09:09:05 »
My recent virgin 55g Topre experience... and being able to drink cold water and chew on the left side of my mouth!

Before reading the rest of your post, I thought these were somehow related.

Cured by 55g Topre!  :))

:)) The extraction and the board cost about the same price...but even after a few days I'm starting to think the board was a better investment... 
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #1388 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 19:27:49 »
FIRST YEAR OF UNI IS DONE

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1389 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 21:56:36 »

Congrats - enjoy that 3 month break while you still get them... I get a whole week off over Christmas  :'(

Offline Bomble

« Reply #1390 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 22:03:12 »

Congrats - enjoy that 3 month break while you still get them... I get a whole week off over Christmas  :'(

I'm going to make the very most of it for sure, I think the one thing that I am most worried about when it comes to getting a full time job is the near complete lack of holidays :'(

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1391 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 22:52:48 »

I'm going to make the very most of it for sure, I think the one thing that I am most worried about when it comes to getting a full time job is the near complete lack of holidays :'(

It definitely makes you appreciate time in a way that you probably haven't since school

Weekends are now sacred holy things

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #1392 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 23:09:38 »
When you run your JUnit tests and get that sensual green bar :-* ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ 
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1393 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 23:53:41 »
Finally making some sense out of KiCad.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1394 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 09:03:12 »
Finally making some sense out of KiCad.

the student will soon become the teacher.  we are waiting... :P

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1395 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 09:04:55 »
Right now Buckling Spring.  Thanks again Nubs, I am getting lots of use out of this board and its so pretty to look at.  :)

Pretty big difference between my 30g uniform Topre at home and this 30 year old buckling spring here at work.  But variety is the spice of life... :P

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1396 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 09:07:30 »
Right now Buckling Spring.  Thanks again Nubs, I am getting lots of use out of this board and its so pretty to look at.  :)

Pretty big difference between my 30g uniform Topre at home and this 30 year old buckling spring here at work.  But variety is the spice of life... :P

What board? 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline GuilleAcoustic

« Reply #1397 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 09:09:44 »
Sadly, nothing there days  :'(

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1398 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 14:43:30 »
Houghton is finally getting snow that sticks, everything up to this point has melted because the ground wasn't frozen.  :)
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1399 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 14:54:03 »
Houghton is finally getting snow that sticks, everything up to this point has melted because the ground wasn't frozen.  :)

At least you got snow already.  :P  We should be getting some in the next few days finally.  :D