Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 556925 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #2150 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 13:21:40 »
I'm a little late to the Raspberry Pi party but OpenElec is good stuffs..Any of you Raspberry Pi experts out there? I'm a n00b..

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2151 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 13:45:45 »
I'm a little late to the Raspberry Pi party but OpenElec is good stuffs..Any of you Raspberry Pi experts out there? I'm a n00b..

* HoffmanMyster is also noob

I do have a teensy tiny amount of experience though, particularly with Kodi.  What are you trying to do?

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2152 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 14:13:11 »

I do have a teensy tiny amount of experience though, particularly with Kodi.  What are you trying to do?

Oh cool, I dunno, I just set it up last night, think I got it all working so far.. Pretty impressed with how fast it boots. I wish there was a way to power it on from the wireless keyboard or something? I think I'll just leave it on powered on for now..

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2153 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 14:18:31 »

Oh cool, I dunno, I just set it up last night, think I got it all working so far.. Pretty impressed with how fast it boots. I wish there was a way to power it on from the wireless keyboard or something? I think I'll just leave it on powered on for now..

Yeah, it's pretty much just always on.  IIRC there are some power button solutions for it, but ultimately all that does is "unplug" it with a button.  It uses so little power that it's almost just not even an issue.

Of course, the downside to that is that if you hit the keyboard/mouse accidentally, you could be doing things since it's on when you don't really need it to be.  :-/  I haven't bothered to rectify that.  I've spent more time getting Kodi set up and playing in there.  :P

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #2154 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 14:24:50 »
kitkats

Offline need

« Reply #2155 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 14:29:58 »
Make others happy to make me happy makes me happy...

Offline iri

« Reply #2156 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 15:16:48 »
Ammonium alum. It works so well removing my body odour that I think it is actually antiperspirant.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #2157 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 21:05:41 »
40 days until I graduate

Offline Pikly

« Reply #2158 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 21:16:29 »
40 days until I graduate

Congratulations! If you don't mind, what major did you go for?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2159 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 21:48:23 »
40 days until I graduate

Congratulations! If you don't mind, what major did you go for?

12th grade
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #2160 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 04:52:54 »
masonry
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2161 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 05:21:53 »
masonry

Freemasonry, or just stonework in general?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mason

« Reply #2162 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 07:26:05 »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #2163 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 08:42:39 »
masonry

Freemasonry, or just stonework in general?
This explains everything! 0_0 :eek:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #2164 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 12:27:06 »
New Gallant album, omg  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2165 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 14:23:56 »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #2167 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 14:41:17 »
when geekhack hate crew try and wreck u but they miss and you sell some boards (just you time it right and make em mad)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2168 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 14:49:43 »
Show Image

baby is a young jedi and knows the fate of jedi at the hands of Palpatine.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #2169 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 14:50:48 »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2170 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 17:24:35 »
my first ever tax return..
I love Elzy

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2172 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 07:12:25 »
Satisfying my OCD: aligning everything up. Perfect 2-tone color in every object I own in a confined space. Matching cables. Hiding cables. Mmmmmm
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2173 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 19:44:29 »
I FINALLY remembered to take my aux cable in the car with me. I've been meaning to plug it in the back of my head unit and tuck it away, but then I remembered there is a hole at the front too.

No more ****ty radio for me :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #2174 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 21:58:11 »
Skipped out of work a few hours early today to ride my bike (bicycle, I'm not cool enough for a motorcycle). The weather today was beautiful: mid-70s, sunny, slight breeze. Rode to Mount Tabor in Portland and sat in the park for an hour without any devices in front of me. In retrospect I should have taken a picture of the view, but I digress. Just sitting and enjoying the quiet, the stress of work/life dissolved.

« Reply #2175 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 22:05:46 »
Someone just sold me my first clack! :eek: Cost a pretty penny, but gonna be so worth it! Just need some more!

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2176 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 22:06:41 »
Someone just sold me my first clack! :eek: Cost a pretty penny, but gonna be so worth it! Just need some more!

well that was fast

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2177 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 22:19:20 »
when geekhack hate crew try and wreck u but they miss and you sell some boards (just you time it right and make em mad)

get em
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2178 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 22:20:31 »

get em

when nobody cares what you do but u gotta remind em you're still around.

GET EM

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2179 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 22:23:10 »

get em

when nobody cares what you do but u gotta remind em you're still around.

GET EM

oof
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2180 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 04:47:22 »
I FINALLY remembered to take my aux cable in the car with me. I've been meaning to plug it in the back of my head unit and tuck it away, but then I remembered there is a hole at the front too.

No more ****ty radio for me :D

Oh yeah typical things you forget... like buying those batteries you really needed for like 2 weeks already.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2181 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 04:48:05 »
I enjoy the sound of people NOT talking in the morning.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #2182 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 05:25:28 »
Solved the mystery of the ****house internet I have been getting for the past couple days, wife was secretly downloading anime on a laptop.

Laptop is now kill.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #2183 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 10:57:44 »
Nothing really these days, and that's the problem. Some things make me content or make me forget about problems, or momentarily happy in the sense of enjoying a nice beer or pleasant weather, but that's it.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2184 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 14:39:24 »
Nothing really these days, and that's the problem. Some things make me content or make me forget about problems, or momentarily happy in the sense of enjoying a nice beer or pleasant weather, but that's it.

That's life when you grow up, right? That's why I bought myself a PS4 a year back and allowed me to enjoy gaming again. F**k everybody once in a while, let the kid out and play games like that's the only thing you have to care about. Relaxes me.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #2185 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:21:05 »

That's life when you grow up, right? That's why I bought myself a PS4 a year back and allowed me to enjoy gaming again. F**k everybody once in a while, let the kid out and play games like that's the only thing you have to care about. Relaxes me.

Same here. The only thing better is tinkering with hardware. Then I forget law school, lateral move into translation, and all the miserable s**t thereunto appertaining. I feel I'm my own self again. Even though I'm not even really good at tinkering.

Coding too. I was a bit of a gifted child in that area, but my maths and physics performance was too poor to even hope to make into any decent IT degree programme, and, besides, I was an all-round languages-and-history arts person with a knack for preaching and lawyering and stuff like that. I was never a professional web designer, but I forgot XHTML before it even became popular where I live.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:23:50 by NewbieOneKenobi »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2186 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:22:23 »

Same here. The only thing better is tinkering with hardware. Then I forget law school, lateral move into translation, and all the miserable s**t thereunto appertaining. I feel I'm my own self again.

Exactly! Keep it up! Tinkering with hardware is awesome. I'm thinking of starting to build a new rig, modding my PS4 and who knows what else I can put screws in our get screws out.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #2187 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:29:16 »

Same here. The only thing better is tinkering with hardware. Then I forget law school, lateral move into translation, and all the miserable s**t thereunto appertaining. I feel I'm my own self again.

Exactly! Keep it up! Tinkering with hardware is awesome. I'm thinking of starting to build a new rig, modding my PS4 and who knows what else I can put screws in our get screws out.

I have a spare ATI HD 4850 lying about here that can't use in my case, but cases are cheap, and I need replacement anyway. The only problem is the Gainward stock cooler (big black blower) is too loud to tolerate, and any aftermarket system would cost more than the card is worth right now. Otherwise it would be cool to experience a multi-GPU setup (I'm normally in favour of just getting a nice single card and not needing a nuclear power plant of a PSU). This said, I need to get this bad R280X fixed or at least properly declared dead for my peace of mind. If it does come round after all, I'll only need to buy an SSD to give this computer a new breath of life, in which case I'll make a point of sticking with 775/C2D/DDR2 for as long as humanly possible, just for the obnoxious countercultural non-fun of it. ;)

I really don't want to be buying a new rig before Zen gets a chance to duke it out with Skylake and get the prices down and force Intel to get more creative again (forcing AMD to get even more creative etc.).
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:31:14 by NewbieOneKenobi »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2188 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 19:20:20 »

I have a spare ATI HD 4850 lying about here that can't use in my case, but cases are cheap, and I need replacement anyway. The only problem is the Gainward stock cooler (big black blower) is too loud to tolerate, and any aftermarket system would cost more than the card is worth right now. Otherwise it would be cool to experience a multi-GPU setup (I'm normally in favour of just getting a nice single card and not needing a nuclear power plant of a PSU). This said, I need to get this bad R280X fixed or at least properly declared dead for my peace of mind. If it does come round after all, I'll only need to buy an SSD to give this computer a new breath of life, in which case I'll make a point of sticking with 775/C2D/DDR2 for as long as humanly possible, just for the obnoxious countercultural non-fun of it. ;)

I really don't want to be buying a new rig before Zen gets a chance to duke it out with Skylake and get the prices down and force Intel to get more creative again (forcing AMD to get even more creative etc.).

Yeah too bad Intel is not doing anything exciting anymore for us enthusiasts. What's wrong with the R280X? Fan? Fried it?

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #2189 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 22:26:22 »
I presented my poster at a conference today and was deemed the most righteous.  I won $350 for it, and (more importantly) a feather in my CV cap.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2190 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 19:19:15 »
I presented my poster at a conference today and was deemed the most righteous.  I won $350 for it, and (more importantly) a feather in my CV cap.

Congrats!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2191 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 05:22:14 »
Unpacking a new 27" retina iMac.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2192 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 13:21:31 »

You, sir, make me jealous! Pics? Pleaaasse? What config? How's that screen?

Offline mason

« Reply #2193 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 18:19:31 »
My car and lawn mower didn't start

rip Hondas

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2194 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 18:24:19 »
My car and lawn mower didn't start

rip Hondas

the lawn mowers have honda DESIGNED engines..  but they're all made in China..

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2195 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 18:39:23 »
Driving to/from the beach on a warm summer day, should be right around the corner.

Also, working from home outside, also coming soon.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2196 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 05:47:46 »

I had a pic of the config, I'll have to find it as the models might be different in different countries.

The screen is very nice.  Brightness goes from barely visible to blindingly bright.  One guy spent about 5 minutes with his face pressed against the screen trying to see individual pixels.  He couldn't.

It is also very, very faster than the old Dell I was using.

Most apps are setup, still transferring about 500GB from the Dell to the iMac.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2197 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 08:48:21 »

I had a pic of the config, I'll have to find it as the models might be different in different countries.

The screen is very nice.  Brightness goes from barely visible to blindingly bright.  One guy spent about 5 minutes with his face pressed against the screen trying to see individual pixels.  He couldn't.

It is also very, very faster than the old Dell I was using.

Most apps are setup, still transferring about 500GB from the Dell to the iMac.

Now that I'm getting into DSLR photography, that lickable screen seems really enticing. But it is SO EXPENSIVE here.. 4800 euro for my preferred laptop. I'll probably buy a new mackbook pro first hopefully with an updated 5K new cinema display. IF THEY HAD ONE.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2198 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 21:09:12 »
I has perfect color vision.  :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2199 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 22:29:55 »
I has perfect color vision.  :)

Show Image

im happy houf is human also and falls for online tests like everybody else