Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4197955 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #30000 on: Wed, 16 August 2023, 17:08:53 »
It is too hot. Have not slept in 2 days, had to call out of work today.
No matter how I set up my fans and window, my bedroom remains between 89-91F all day and all night.

It is literally driving me insane. This is NOT how thermodynamics are supposed to work.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #30001 on: Wed, 16 August 2023, 18:00:29 »
It is too hot. Have not slept in 2 days, had to call out of work today.
No matter how I set up my fans and window, my bedroom remains between 89-91F all day and all night.

It is literally driving me insane. This is NOT how thermodynamics are supposed to work.

Midea u-shape AC,  Tp4 can vouch, it's fantastic, super quiet.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30002 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 16:17:30 »
wtf is wrong with people these days that they are so adverse to leaving voicemails? Don't spam call me 4x in an afternoon. Call me once, leave a message so I know who and why you called, and I'll call you back. Stop ****ing calling and hanging up like an idiot, I will NEVER pickup a strange/blocked number. That is why voicemail exists. No voicemail, no return call.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #30003 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 18:07:47 »
wtf is wrong with people these days that they are so adverse to leaving voicemails? Don't spam call me 4x in an afternoon. Call me once, leave a message so I know who and why you called, and I'll call you back. Stop ****ing calling and hanging up like an idiot, I will NEVER pickup a strange/blocked number. That is why voicemail exists. No voicemail, no return call.

Oh my god this is so annoying, at this point I will straight up not call you if it's unknown due to the amount of spammers that call me. Like why don't people just message or voicemail (to be fair I don't check voicemails that much) like is it that hard, messaging is the easiest thing it takes 5 seconds to explain who you are and what you're doing.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #30004 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 18:20:32 »

That's exactly what I do - if no voicemail is left, I do not call back. ****'em! :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30005 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 20:19:48 »
I wasted 5 hours of my one day off riding waiting for the ****ty god forsaken bus, running errands that could have been over and back home in less than 2 with a car.

I. ****ing. HATE. The bus.
It has ruined my life, straight up.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30006 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 20:39:40 »
I wasted 5 hours of my one day off riding waiting for the ****ty god forsaken bus, running errands that could have been over and back home in less than 2 with a car.

only in america.  buses in other countries are pretty decent.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30007 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 20:46:36 »

What is crazy to me is how often it just never shows up. I would genuinely estimate around 25% of the time the bus just never comes and you must wait between 15-55 minutes for the next one. Generally speaking, the more desolate and horrible the location, the longer the wait time. Additionally, the scheduled bus is normally 10+ minutes late, so you will often see 2 of the same route pull up right behind each other. Straight up embarrassing for them. But for something people rely on to just not show up a quarter of the time it is scheduled is insane! Why even have a schedule at all? How do they get away with it?!?

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #30008 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 20:50:45 »

yeah as much as people complain about public transport here, it really isn't that bad, definitely better than american public transport. Buses are especially good in terms of getting to the train station. Trams are actually really good, especially in the city cause they are free.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline iri

« Reply #30009 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 06:31:03 »
I hate Melbourne
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #30010 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 06:41:56 »

It's because public transit systems in "America" have been designed by right-wing "libertarians" to fail, because of misguided ideological reasons.
Public transit is meant only for "the poor", and for some reason those with power and influence think that people should be punished for being poor.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #30011 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 07:37:20 »
I hate Melbourne

I hate england...
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30012 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 08:01:49 »

those with power and influence think that people should be punished for being poor.

I disagree with this.

The morbidly wealthy view the poor as a crop or a resource to be exploited. Once harvested and/or fully exhausted, they are simply cast aside.

This is indifference on a profound level - "punishment" implies that they would lift a finger to expend further energy in the direction of the poor.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #30013 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 08:02:18 »
hate is too strong an emotion to feel about England :)
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #30014 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 08:06:02 »

Dislike is closer :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #30015 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 08:15:53 »

Tell that to the indigenous people of countries that England pillaged.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30016 on: Sat, 26 August 2023, 17:37:40 »
Entertainment feed headlines celebrating ariana grande's 10th anniversary of her 1st album.

Listens, Every song sucks.

Also, young people are wasting alot of bandwidth, they're pipping this stuff at 24bit which almost doubles the file size, and some goes up to 96khz which is just stupid.

Most adults can't even hear past 12khz, Older around 9khz.

Even most young people are only at the 16-18khz range.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30017 on: Mon, 28 August 2023, 10:12:23 »
60FPS is unplayable, people have to stop pretending like it isn't.

Even in racing games, 16.6ms is so far behind the game state that you simply can not react to what you can't see.

Compare an older title that can do nearly 1000fps, locking to 60fps feels like driving through molasses.

The best line that you can take in 1000fps is only possible through Pre-Emption in 60fps, because the game state is behind by so much, you're basically buffering in the corner feints.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #30018 on: Mon, 28 August 2023, 10:32:19 »

Even in racing games, 16.6ms is so far behind the game state that you simply can not react to what you can't see.

Compare an older title that can do nearly 1000fps, locking to 60fps feels like driving through molasses.

The best line that you can take in 1000fps is only possible through Pre-Emption in 60fps, because the game state is behind by so much, you're basically buffering in the corner feints.

Show Image

60fps is fine honestly, It is better to play with higher frame rates but it's diminishing returns if you go above 240fps. It's only really jarring if you play a game in 240 and then go back to 60.

A cool trick that I use sometimes is that if a game is running poorly at 60, bump the frame rate higher and cap you monitor at 60hz so it's stable.

Also all this is coming from a person who doesn't have an issue with the 20fps that ocarina of time/majoras mask runs at unless there is lag or something, so maybe your different to me there.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30019 on: Mon, 28 August 2023, 13:17:16 »
For racing games specifically, the frame is too far behind the physics engine, so you make inaccurate actions based on your perceived velocity.

The consequence of the latency perceptually is that more frame rate feels like the car has more grip.

Obviously the car has the same grip, but you are sliding more and wider on low fps because you're steering into too late an image.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #30020 on: Mon, 28 August 2023, 18:51:23 »
For racing games specifically, the frame is too far behind the physics engine, so you make inaccurate actions based on your perceived velocity.

The consequence of the latency perceptually is that more frame rate feels like the car has more grip.

Obviously the car has the same grip, but you are sliding more and wider on low fps because you're steering into too late an image.

I thought they would adjust to the frame rate, didn't know that because the only racing game I play is mario kart, but I guess stuff like racing games and accurate simulators will have those issues, my purposes were mainly with general use and my experiences with those.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30021 on: Wed, 30 August 2023, 17:34:29 »
Woah woah woah, they just give out free sand during hurricanes?

How come no one told Tp4 this. Tp4 would be all up in that getting the free sand.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30022 on: Wed, 30 August 2023, 17:50:50 »
On the news yesterday there was a guy complaining that even though they had bags, nobody had sand for sale.

He was sandbagging his beach house ....
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #30023 on: Fri, 01 September 2023, 21:28:28 »
On the news yesterday there was a guy complaining that even though they had bags, nobody had sand for sale.

What, you want him to use his sand? Original, authentic-to-the-beach sand??

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30024 on: Fri, 01 September 2023, 22:00:57 »

What, you want him to use his sand? Original, authentic-to-the-beach sand??

Everyone knows OEM sand is precious, only waste aftermarket sand.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30025 on: Sun, 03 September 2023, 04:06:48 »
Was cleaning nails around keyboard, and an errant acetone-covered q-tip flipped out my fingers and landed right on my Shift key.

Despite wiping it away immediately, the entire set is now ruined forever.

302294-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 September 2023, 04:10:18 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30026 on: Sun, 03 September 2023, 06:43:21 »
Was cleaning nails around keyboard, and an errant acetone-covered q-tip flipped out my fingers and landed right on my Shift key.

(Attachment Link)

..Battle-scars

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #30027 on: Sun, 03 September 2023, 17:39:01 »

(Attachment Link)

Life isn't perfect, which includes your keyset. It still looks nice despite the blemish.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline phinix

« Reply #30028 on: Sun, 03 September 2023, 17:55:46 »

(Attachment Link)

What nail polish color did you have on your nails?

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #30029 on: Sun, 03 September 2023, 20:03:44 »
also if that's gmk plum I'm pretty sure it has a second Left shift in the kit, so you might be able to replace it and just use that key.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30030 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 01:50:50 »

(Attachment Link)

black with red sparkles

Offline phinix

« Reply #30031 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 03:41:29 »

(Attachment Link)

black with red sparkles

Nice :)
What was the occasion?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30032 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 08:09:44 »
Does the paint chip off and run the potential of getting into drinking water/ food upon handling?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30033 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 15:49:28 »

(Attachment Link)

black with red sparkles

What was the occasion?

Just bored, mostly

Offline phinix

« Reply #30034 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 17:00:48 »

(Attachment Link)

black with red sparkles

What was the occasion?

Just bored, mostly

ok, now I'm worried  :)

Offline ___Aihey___

« Reply #30035 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 05:17:40 »
The company is going out of business because of poor sales of the keycaps they designed.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #30036 on: Mon, 18 September 2023, 07:41:50 »

Show Image

After playing on 165 for like a year now, 60 feels like 20.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30037 on: Fri, 22 September 2023, 19:50:40 »
All of a sudden ublock isn't blocking all the youtube ads, ne1 else seeing this?

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #30038 on: Fri, 22 September 2023, 20:19:18 »
All of a sudden ublock isn't blocking all the youtube ads, ne1 else seeing this?

Show Image

I remember getting an ad for youtube while on ublock origin once, thought it was a glitch but apparently youtube has been trying to deal with ad-blockers for a while.

Been getting a lot more twitch ads with adblock though, to the point where I use my phone cause there are less ads somehow.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30039 on: Sun, 24 September 2023, 13:56:42 »
California's new home insurance rules. Sigh...........

If there was ever a sure bet that it's hit the fan, this is clearly that indicator.

Offline phinix

« Reply #30040 on: Fri, 29 September 2023, 03:59:14 »

Show Image

Yeah, all of the sudden, my chrome browser keeps blocking ad blockers, saying they have malware, WTH?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30041 on: Fri, 29 September 2023, 05:31:20 »

Show Image

Yeah, all of the sudden, my chrome browser keeps blocking ad blockers, saying they have malware, WTH?
They warned this was coming, though it's been delayed, it wouldn't be out of the norm for them to do limited testing on something like this without informing people.
So it could be a bug, but I wouldn't bet against it being on purpose. 

Don't trust/use Chrome.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline phinix

« Reply #30042 on: Fri, 29 September 2023, 06:02:35 »

Show Image

They warned this was coming, though it's been delayed, it wouldn't be out of the norm for them to do limited testing on something like this without informing people.

Don't trust/use Chrome.

Don't use chrome? Why? I like chrome.
What browser you would suggest?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30043 on: Fri, 29 September 2023, 17:05:05 »

Show Image

Don't trust/use Chrome.

Don't use chrome? Why? I like chrome.
What browser you would suggest?
Chrome uses twice as much memory as others.. Why? Because of the spyware loaded into it. Google doesn't need cookies to track you, the browser does it for them, and faaaaar better.

Chrome also breaks the internet, Google loads it test versions to try new things, often breaking other browsers or your experience. Like the time Google messed with Youtube to mess up the Firefox experience or how Google Docs only works in Chrome.

Google is also trying to create a DRM'd cookie, which is supposed to "enhance privacy" however it would also mean only a few browsers would function as they wouldn't have access to the feature. Not that Google needs it anyhow, as mentioned above.

They already block extensions that block Google ads by default but the upcoming changes, which were supposed to already happen but were rolled back were going to effectively kill all adblocking in Chrome.

And of course, Google is evil.
They've repeatedly abused their browser market share (as above) and would/will only get worse as their share grows. The internet also changed due to Google's meddling, anything sexual has been pushed way to the back due to them having dominance in search and advertising. If you want to save the internet, ditch Chrome.

As for what to use?
Firefox is a good choice as is Librewolf (a more privacy oriented Firefox). If you must use Chrome though Chromium is better, as is Brave but neither is great and still relies on Google and may end up having adblock problems down the line. I've also used Falkon, but that's a bit fringe (it's based on the same system as Safari). If you really want provacy, Librewolf (or Firefox) with ublock and containerized tabs is pretty darn private as you can lock websites into their own "system" (container), making it look like a new browser only ever used to visit them. Takes a bit of setup but once set it's automatic. So Amazon has it's own container, GH has it's own container, Reddit has one, but sites that use Pay Pal are all together otherwise the relay to pay Pal breaks, so you need Ebay and pay Pal in the same container.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30044 on: Fri, 29 September 2023, 21:09:16 »
They've repeatedly abused their browser market share (as above) and would/will only get worse as their share grows. The internet also changed due to Google's meddling, anything sexual has been pushed way to the back due to them having dominance in search and advertising. If you want to save the internet, ditch Chrome.

Is LLann saying this is good or bad ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30045 on: Sat, 30 September 2023, 00:39:43 »
Firefox is the worst browser I've ever used. My main browser is Firefox.

Offline iri

« Reply #30046 on: Sat, 30 September 2023, 03:12:58 »
how tf is it 'the worst'? it's a browser, it shows you web pages

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30047 on: Sat, 30 September 2023, 14:40:59 »
how tf is it 'the worst'? it's a browser, it shows you web pages

Sometimes, some days, Firefox just straight up does not work or load pages for me. It is seemingly random, and not linked to any bg programs. There is no time, or linked action as to why this happens, and it lasts a random amount of time (sometimes a few mins, sometimes the rest of the day)
I keep Chrome on the side for when this happens. I've been dealing with this for years, had tech pros look at my comp, even once had a FF intern try to figure it out. At least once a week FF will just **** itself and refuse to load anything at all, sometimes literally while I am using it and it was just working seconds before.

idk what is wrong with this stupid browser, but it is a constant and never ending source of frustration and stress I've been dealing with for years

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30048 on: Sat, 30 September 2023, 15:01:48 »

what is wrong with this stupid browser

But it is still the best browser, and the only one I have used (except in offices where I had no choice) for 20 years.

often breaking other browsers or your experience. Like the time Google messed with Youtube to mess up the Firefox experience or how Google Docs only works in Chrome.

Google is evil.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30049 on: Sat, 30 September 2023, 15:27:52 »
Is LLann saying this is good or bad ?

Bad... 
Porn is still easy to find (because of course it is) but now sexual education/health has been pushed to the back.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More