Author Topic: Shows you watch every week that none of your friends like  (Read 5431 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Shows you watch every week that none of your friends like
« on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:51:11 »
I like Comic Book Men, Regular Show, and Continue?(on YouTube) and most of the people I know think they are stupid. You know what, YOUR STUPID! NYA  :p

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: Shows you watch every week that none of your friends like
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:53:16 »
I watch a lot of Penn & Teller: Bull****, Kitchen Nightmares.  LoL stuff.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 00:08:50 »
Well they stop making it... but the only 2 show I liked that NO ONE ELSE around me liked.. was  "Duck Dynasty" and "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"..

Both shows take place in the "cultural-south" and really takes me away from the "technology..."..   and are very relaxing.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 00:16:34 »
Well they stop making it... but the only 2 show I liked that NO ONE ELSE around me liked.. was  "Duck Dynasty" and "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"..

Both shows take place in the "cultural-south" and really takes me away from the "technology..."..   and are very relaxing.

Show Image

I would not have expected that from you...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 00:54:29 »

Show Image

I would not have expected that from you...

I've gained +10 each year in unpredictable-mastery since 2nd grade... already maxed out @ lvl 99.. + 15 Ergodox bonus to all stats..

I am well above the average @ 114. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 08:16:14 »
My wife thinks everything I like to watch is stupid  ::)

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 08:20:51 »
Look at my avatar, and you will know my answer to this question...

Oh, and I don't watch TV... only Netflix.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 08:29:19 »
Look at my avatar, and you will know my answer to this question...

Oh, and I don't watch TV... only Netflix.

+1 I should clarify I also do not actually watch cable/satellite broadcast (we don't have service in our area that I am willing to pay for), but netflix and amazon streaming!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 08:30:25 »
I like Comic Book Men, Regular Show, and Continue?(on YouTube) and most of the people I know think they are stupid. You know what, YOUR STUPID! NYA  :p

I totally forgot about Comic Book Men, didn't realise it had started back up for S3!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 08:33:04 »
Definitely Comic Book Men.

Also, for some odd reason, I love Boardwalk Empire but none of my friends can get into it.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 08:41:56 »
Rwby  ;D
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 09:56:29 »
Only things I watch on a regular basis are Jeopardy and How I Met Your Mother.  I have trouble finding a viewing partner for How I Met Your mother.   Not really sure why I watch that show, but I just got caught up in the syndicated episodes on right after work and it's on right after Jeopardy on Mondays.  So why not?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 10:22:37 »
MST3k (I conveniently fall asleep, and my wife ends up watching them to completion, which she hates) and ... (drumroll) MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. -- it's an undeniably bad show, but I don't care. The one show that my wife likes to watch (that I cannot help but mock) is GREY'S ANATOMY. The show has a rocklike stupidity about it. It's the Banana Republic of soap operas; still crap, but high-end crap.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 10:25:07 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:00:36 »
MST3k (I conveniently fall asleep, and my wife ends up watching them to completion, which she hates) and ... (drumroll) MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. -- it's an undeniably bad show, but I don't care. The one show that my wife likes to watch (that I cannot help but mock) is GREY'S ANATOMY. The show has a rocklike stupidity about it. It's the Banana Republic of soap operas; still crap, but high-end crap.

Another MST3K fan here.  Nothing better than some sarcastic smarta$$es sitting around and making asides about a bad movie.  That's what I do with my buddies, anyways.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:13:06 »
Another MST3K fan here.  Nothing better than some sarcastic smarta$$es sitting around and making asides about a bad movie.  That's what I do with my buddies, anyways.

MITCHELL!!!

Also, watch out for snakes.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:15:30 »
I like agents of shield  :-X
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:27:22 »

Mrs. Krog believes the geeky characters on the show are of low quality compared to NCIS and other "cop drama" type shows.
More

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:29:41 »

Mrs. Krog believes the geeky characters on the show are of low quality compared to NCIS and other "cop drama" type shows.

The 2 that sound like they're supposed to be British?

Also it's better than a huge number of the crap we get, which is mostly cramp you guys had a year ago...

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:54:21 »

What, and NCIS isn't terrible? I've seen some Agents of Shield since my gf watches it, and it's not that bad really. It's not great, not my kind of show either, but at any rate it beats NCIS and CSI: Orange Colour Filter, as well as 99% of the live-action comedy crap.

I don't watch a whole lot of TV shows, the few I do watch are shows my friends either like or don't have an opinion of.
There aren't a whole lot of online shows I regularly watch either.
Unless Columbo counts, Peter Falk is dead and the show isn't on TV much, but I have all the episodes on DVD that I watch often, and there aren't a whole lot of people who understand why.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:16:56 »
Agents of shields is one of those shows that EVEN if it was COMPLETELY Original, and No one has ever made anything like it before... It would still be deemed a crummy show....

The acting is terrible... the plot is inconsequential and poorly scripted... 

This show is best delineated by a grey blob...   

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 00:12:50 »
i watch NCIS, none of my friends watch it though
i also watched the original Law & Order Series b4 it ended.

On Youtube, i watch the Co-Optional Podcast, which is more half watch/half listen to it while gaming.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 06:05:33 »
Any Game Grumps fans out there?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 06:34:27 »

What, and NCIS isn't terrible? I've seen some Agents of Shield since my gf watches it, and it's not that bad really. It's not great, not my kind of show either, but at any rate it beats NCIS and CSI: Orange Colour Filter, as well as 99% of the live-action comedy crap.

I see. Well, I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

(turns to leave)
(turns back, almost as an afterthought)

You know what? I'm sorry, I just had one more question. It's probably nothing, and a smart guy like you would know the answer to this: "Why is David Caruso so annoying? Is it how he delivers his lines in a halting way? Is it that he's a ginger?"

(later, yun is arrested, after he confesses to murdering David Caruso with a weed whacker)

P.S.: Columbo does not count as a crappy show no one likes.
More

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 06:57:11 »

I see. Well, I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

(turns to leave)
(turns back, almost as an afterthought)

You know what? I'm sorry, I just had one more question. It's probably nothing, and a smart guy like you would know the answer to this: "Why is David Caruso so annoying? Is it how he delivers his lines in a halting way? Is it that he's a ginger?"

(later, yun is arrested, after he confesses to murdering David Caruso with a weed whacker)

P.S.: Columbo does not count as a crappy show no one likes.

I never said Columbo was crappy, I just said that most of my friends don't really like it and fail to see the greatness of it.

Also, Caruso's character is the only good thing about the show. The character is still pretty bad(just take a look at one of the episodes where he tries to have a girlfriend), but the whole sunglasses thing he's got going and the over the top one-liners are silly enough to make it somewhat bearable.
Although I can't really fault the show for being bad since it's obviously the intention; they have 3 CSI shows where they seem to try and catch a different viewerbase with each show, CSI: Orange Colour Filter seems to be intended for the crowd of people who would genuinely enjoy Eastenders, so me not liking it is fairly irrelevant since I'm not even close to their target market.

Edit:
Spoiler; I'm not actually smart, just judgemental and grumpy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 November 2013, 07:16:19 by vun »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 19:03:48 »
River Monsters.

Offline jinxedx84

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 19:05:05 »
Boardwalk Empire
Banshee
-filco TLK MX Blue & IMSTO thick blank blue keycaps
- White Poker II MX Blue

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 19:09:30 »
River Monsters.

Oh man, Jeremy Wade is a bonafied badass. Cannot wait for the upcoming season.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:21:28 »
Turtle man show.

Woohoo! Live Action!!!!
More

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:25:22 »
Agents of shields is one of those shows that EVEN if it was COMPLETELY Original, and No one has ever made anything like it before... It would still be deemed a crummy show....

The acting is terrible... the plot is inconsequential and poorly scripted... 

This show is best delineated by a grey blob...

Skye is pretty hot.... just saying.  ;)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:50:36 »
Turtle man show.

Woohoo! Live Action!!!!

Turtle man is awesome!

Offline Emospence

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 22:02:46 »
Homeland, Supernatural..
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 22:06:26 »
My friends and I pretty much only agree on one show. Keeping up with the kardashians.

I watch archer and motorsports, they watch golf and football.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 08:40:34 »
Turtle man show.

Woohoo! Live Action!!!!

Turtle man is awesome!

Isn't he though? I still get the nagging feeling that the producers of the show are mocking him -- that that's the point of the show. Also, Turtle claims that his methods of capturing the critters are more "humane"? I figure one of those metal hoops on the end of a rod is a lot easier on the critter than CHASING IT AROUND A SMALL ROOM UNTIL ITS HEART EXPLODES. Thanks to turtle man, I don't ever want to meet a possum.
More