Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 286373 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 16:16:06 »
Steelseries QCK+ mini with a SteelSeries Sensei RAW.

Can't go wrong.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #551 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 16:35:05 »
Using my goliathus as my wrist rest. lol. Pretty good I'd say.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Emospence

« Reply #552 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 21:17:21 »
Oh c'mon...... let's not get distracted with just the SCROLL wheel.  I know it might be their achilles heel for them but at least use it and then decide whether it's worth ditching.

I never throw away a rodent just because it's what someone else has said.  FIRST use it then decide to keep or ditch it.  If I had to ditch every mouse I have ever used to some Land-fill site, they would cry fowl for the huge junk pile I've just sent them.

Keep it because you never know in the future when you will change your mind.  That is why I keep everything because my disturbed and demented brain has seizures to normal human thought patterns.  Hence today I want to destroy the world but tomorrow I may change my opinion.  Always hold off the major decisions for now till you get some time to adjust.

Heh, we'll see.

I'm the kind who can't justify having stuff just lying around, though.
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline SNF

« Reply #553 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 13:53:58 »
SteelSeries QcK+

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #554 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 06:31:21 »
Forgot to mention that I found a very old mouse mat from like 8 years ago.  It's an Aluminum Func Industries with a 1030 surface label.  It's small but it's an all aluminum frame with switch over plastic surface which you can swap around for smooth or textured finish.

Every rodent seems to work on it (both sides).  It's amazing because this rodent pad was sitting up in the attic all this time when the house heats up 40C+ in the summer seasons.  Yet there is no damage to this item.  Even the plastic surface is still flexible when removed from it's frame.  Amazing how good they use to make mats in the good old days  ;) .

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #555 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 06:43:45 »
Just arrived !

ST_Bomber & Life FTW.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Emospence

« Reply #556 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 20:25:31 »
Just arrived !

Show Image

Show Image

ST_Bomber & Life FTW.

Sweet. Don't their G-CMs come with a Zowie down the middle diagonally, though?

How's the feel on the pad?
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #557 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 20:36:17 »
Just arrived !

Show Image

Show Image

ST_Bomber & Life FTW.

Sweet. Don't their G-CMs come with a Zowie down the middle diagonally, though?

How's the feel on the pad?

Feels good mang. The bottom is a non slip pad. The texture on top is smooth. Just nice for my sensei. :D
Not sure bout the design of the word. What I ordered online came exactly as it is. Just didn't thought it would be so huge.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #558 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 10:25:12 »
Been using my Icemat for the past 8-9 years now, kind of want to go back to a soft surface. I will probably pick up an Artisan Hayate.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #559 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 12:31:06 »
Just arrived !

Show Image

Show Image

ST_Bomber & Life FTW.

where did you order that from?
im tempted to get one and have bomber sign it next month.

Offline ctbear

« Reply #560 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 18:44:50 »
How's the Steelseries QcK? I'd like something better than the artscow mousepad i'm using now but I don't want to spend a ton. I'd prefer a soft mousepad, tried hard ones and I don't like them at all.

Qck is quite good, especially for the price. It might be annoying when you first take it out of the package (it is rolled into a long tube) and try to flatten it, but it will flatten overtime.
However I would just pay a bit more and get the Razer Goliathus. It is a lot thicker, stabler (as in it doesn't slide on your table surface), and the mat surface is quite a bit more durable.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #561 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 03:37:05 »
How's the Steelseries QcK? I'd like something better than the artscow mousepad i'm using now but I don't want to spend a ton. I'd prefer a soft mousepad, tried hard ones and I don't like them at all.

Qck is quite good, especially for the price. It might be annoying when you first take it out of the package (it is rolled into a long tube) and try to flatten it, but it will flatten overtime.
However I would just pay a bit more and get the Razer Goliathus. It is a lot thicker, stabler (as in it doesn't slide on your table surface), and the mat surface is quite a bit more durable.

Goliathus isn't  that much thicker, and the QcK Heavy and Mass are as thick as two Goliathus pads stacked(I know because there's a QcK Heavy and two stacked Goliathus pads on my desk right now).
Personally I think the Goliathus has a better surface, but the thick QcK pads are softer and more comfortable. Overall the Goliathus wins because you can get it in deskmat size and it has stitched edges.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #562 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 22:11:59 »
My ROCCAT Hiro 3d Mouse Pad arrived today and I've removed the Artisan HAYATE from my desktop.

The ROCCAT Hiro pad is just too good.  First off it's way thinner (2.5mm) than the HAYATE (4mm), Secondly it's edge is rounded.  I mean this baby is very rounded no matter how much I try to rub my large thumb back and forth for 5 minutes, it refuses to unravel any material at all.

I think by accident I found a mouse pad that has a vulcanized silicone surface that will never fray, no matter what you do to it.  I know they created this pad for their Roccat range of mice but you can use any type of rodent with complete confidence because this is now my FAVOURITE Mouse Pad by far.

The hand and arm doesn't sink deep into the pad like it did with the Artisan which is nice.  The Roccat Hiro 3D is near perfection for my daily usage, but then again this is ONLY my personnel opinion, so you could take that with a grain of salt  ;D .

PS. Another point - this product can only be bought overseas because no Australian Distributor will ever bring it here, to this Godforsaken place  :p .
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 22:23:24 by Elrick »

Offline osi

« Reply #563 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 20:20:38 »
Supermat. Started getting them years ago from office depot.

I like the resistance that the cloth has.

Offline jevvix

« Reply #564 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 18:49:10 »
Currently using a XTrac Ripper. It's not bad but feels a bit cheap and has began to fall apart (cloth coming up around the edges/sides) after about a year of use.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #565 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 20:06:07 »
Currently using a XTrac Ripper. It's not bad but feels a bit cheap and has began to fall apart (cloth coming up around the edges/sides) after about a year of use.

been using the ripper xxl for YEARS.. I never touch the edge because it's so big.. perhaps that's why my edges are still great...

Offline jevvix

« Reply #566 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 20:11:57 »

been using the ripper xxl for YEARS.. I never touch the edge because it's so big.. perhaps that's why my edges are still great...
Show Image

Actually the XXL looks kinda nice. Do you sit your entire keyboard/mouse on it?

Offline Calcifar

« Reply #567 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:09:37 »
Have been running with a steelseries QCK + for several years now. Very happy with it so far.

Just dont ever wash it with hot water.

Offline kommandant33

• Overclockers Australia
« Reply #568 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:25:49 »
Have been running with a steelseries QCK + for several years now. Very happy with it so far.

;D

I was after an extended mouse pad so I could have my keyboard on the same surface as the mouse.
There are a few to choose from, but I was limited as to what I could get without getting $15 shipping tacked on.

So I picked up a Corsair MM200 Extended, and it seems to be doing the job. Although the edges are un-finished, it really does feel like a cheap mouse mat, but really big.

I will have to check back in after work, and after a few hours of BF4  :thumb:

Before

After

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #569 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:49:19 »
Steelseries QCK+ mini with a SteelSeries Sensei RAW.

Can't go wrong.

I have the exact same setup.  :thumb:

My Logitech M570 Trackball is getting returned to Staples later today.

Offline sirblackheart

« Reply #570 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 13:38:52 »
Hi,

i was happy with my old thick razer goliathus alpha control for a long time, but it got old, dirty and my cat slept to often on it using it claws when it woke up  :(
So i am trying to find a worthy successor for it, but was not successful yet. First i got one of the new goliathus, but i don't like the new feel. Lather i got myself a small steelseries qtk, but did not like it either. I am switching between finger and claw grip a lot and have my wrist resting on the mouse pad. Both the new goliathus and the qtk are just to thin for me, and did not seem to have the soft touch the old goliathus has. Also the qtk has to much friction in contrast to my old goliathus.
So I was thinking about getting one of the artisan pads, as they are praised a lot.
I would like to ask if anyone has experience switching from the goliathus to an artisan pad and knows which of them has the most similar feeling of the goliathus.
After reading some reviews and comments here on the forum it sounds like either the HAYATE or the HIEN SOFT should be similar to my old goliathus?

i would be grateful for any tips or advice.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #571 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 13:57:31 »
I'm actually in the same boat as you blackheart, as in I love my goliathus but it's just getting too dirty.  It does sound like the Hien would be the best in terms of closeness to Goliathus, but having never used any artisan mousepads I can't be sure at all..would love some advice as well.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #572 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 14:08:52 »
Have you tried the thick QcK? My only complaint is that it's rather gritty in "portrait mode".

On a different note, I've decided to completely relearn my mousing technique from scratch. I was impressed by Naniwa's style—how he lets the mouse slide and catches it again, in particular. I guess this is about impossible to do on a cloth pad though.

Are there any budget super-smooth go-to hard pads?

Offline sirblackheart

« Reply #573 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 14:16:50 »
Have you tried the thick QcK? My only complaint is that it's rather gritty in "portrait mode".

No, but if it has the same surface as the mini i still would have the problem with the strong friction.

Offline sirblackheart

« Reply #574 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 07:07:54 »
I'm actually in the same boat as you blackheart, as in I love my goliathus but it's just getting too dirty.  It does sound like the Hien would be the best in terms of closeness to Goliathus, but having never used any artisan mousepads I can't be sure at all..would love some advice as well.

If it is just the dirt on your goliathus, you can wash it without problems. Mine was almost as new afterwards.

I ordered a mid sized hien soft directly from japan and It arrived 3 days later here in Austria. My feelings toward it are mixed. Personally I don't think it is a replacement for the old goliathus. The hiate is much more thighly woven and does not have the small visible pits the goliathus woven texture has. The hien pad is also much louder and harder in comparison to the goliathus.
I currently tested the pad with a rather new Razer Ouroboros, and much used Razer Diamondback 3G and a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse.
The different friction on the x and y axis was notable on all tree. In my opinion the pad performs much better with the lighter mouses like the diamonback and the Microsoft Optical. I get the feeling i start sweating when using the hien pad, but that could be also the fault of the razer ouroboros. The glide of the hien is notable better than the qck one.

I am not sure which artisan I should try out next, but first I am going to continue to use the hien for some weeks with the razer ouroboros and report back.

Offline Nojo

« Reply #575 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 05:51:10 »
Bought a large mousepad from TB for about $17. Not bad, the surface is a little rough and need some time to get used to

Offline poisened_blueberry

« Reply #576 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 10:58:56 »
I'm thinking about getting the razer goliathus, what is in your opinion the better version; speed or control?
(i'm using razer abyssus if that's relevant to what version i should get)
E: So far what i've read is that their names are counter intuitive, the speed version gives you more friction => slower mouse movement => suits me better since i use a pretty high dpi (1800). Correct me if i'm wrong.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 December 2013, 15:41:57 by poisened_blueberry »

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #577 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 11:03:18 »
I just got a Zowie PTF a few days ago. I was getting a bit annoyed with my Icemat since the heat from my hand would fog up the mat, and obviously you couldn't use the mouse in that area. And because it was a 1st gen Icemat, it was a bit small. The Zowie seems to be doing a fine job for now.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #578 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 09:00:03 »

On a different note, I've decided to completely relearn my mousing technique from scratch. I was impressed by Naniwa's style—how he lets the mouse slide and catches it again, in particular. I guess this is about impossible to do on a cloth pad though.

Are there any budget super-smooth go-to hard pads?

If you want a good super-smooth hard mat you have to pay, unfortunately. I LOVE my Steelseries SX. Tough as nails and smooth as silk.  :D
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #579 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:26:57 »
I'm thinking about getting the razer goliathus, what is in your opinion the better version; speed or control?
E: So far what i've read is that their names are counter intuitive, the speed version gives you more friction => slower mouse movement => suits me better since i use a pretty high dpi (1800). Correct me if i'm wrong.
What is this TB? What is this mousepad?

Offline Nojo

« Reply #580 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 19:27:00 »
What is this TB? What is this mousepad?

I assume you quoted the wrong post   ;D

TB=Taobao (China eBay, kinda  :p)

Just a cheapo large mousepad that's 920mm×330mm×3mm

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.21.belyTy&id=13568011002&areaId=&user_id=788595009&is_b=1&cat_id=2&q=%D3%CE%CF%B7%BF%F1%C8%CB+%CA%F3%B1%EA%B5%E6&rn=37f613193715f7a690e14959f4352e37

Offline adhoc

« Reply #581 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 01:36:42 »
Ah yes, right you are. BUT I need BIGGER. Xtrac Ripper XXL. 50% wider than yours, approx same length. That's what I'm going to order, probably. Thanks for the answer :thumb:

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #582 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 01:39:08 »
Ah yes, right you are. BUT I need BIGGER. Xtrac Ripper XXL. 50% wider than yours, approx same length. That's what I'm going to order, probably. Thanks for the answer :thumb:

what about the xxxxxxxxxxl?

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #583 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 01:59:24 »
1800 is high dpi? I use 3500 on my low end and 4800 on the high end. Mouse goes to 6400 but that's silly.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #584 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 02:21:49 »
1800 is high dpi? I use 3500 on my low end and 4800 on the high end. Mouse goes to 6400 but that's silly.

I use 600 for FPS games...

Offline Canious

« Reply #585 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:43:50 »
I've tried a lot and i keep going back with steel series mouse pads. Their cheap, durable, and does what it needs to

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #586 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:59:52 »
Goliathus extended works for me

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #587 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:54:07 »
should I get the xtrac xxxxxxxxl ripper or the goliathus extended as a full desk mat?

Offline adhoc

« Reply #588 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 01:47:03 »
should I get the xtrac xxxxxxxxl ripper or the goliathus extended as a full desk mat?

I'm having second doubts on xtrac xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl. Goliathus is ****ing disgusting aesthetically but the material is GREAT. I'm using control (not speed) and I absolutely love this pad, it matches my G9X perfectly (whoever doesn't understand G9x is the best mouse ever made is clearly not a claw grip user).

I can recommend goliathus speed easily.

Offline terran5992

« Reply #589 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 02:03:50 »

I'm having second doubts on xtrac xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl. Goliathus is ****ing disgusting aesthetically but the material is GREAT. I'm using control (not speed) and I absolutely love this pad, it matches my G9X perfectly (whoever doesn't understand G9x is the best mouse ever made is clearly not a claw grip user).

Whats wrong with the goliathus design?

The new model looks amazing

Offline adhoc

« Reply #590 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 02:22:45 »
I really, really don't like it. I would much rather see plain black like the first iteration of design was (which I currently have).

But, to each his own of course. If you like the design then that mouse pad is really nice and I can only recommend it, even though you will destroy it in 1.5-2 years it's still worth it.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #591 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 08:03:59 »

Nah, the new model is horrible. The old one was fairly garish as well, but then it was at least just two colours. New design is just too much. I'm glad I was able to pick up one of each before they changed the design.

Offline terran5992

« Reply #592 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 08:23:36 »
I really, really don't like it. I would much rather see plain black like the first iteration of design was (which I currently have).

But, to each his own of course. If you like the design then that mouse pad is really nice and I can only recommend it, even though you will destroy it in 1.5-2 years it's still worth it.

What do you mean ill destory it in 2 years?

Offline adhoc

« Reply #593 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 08:24:52 »
Well edges will start to tear...I took good care of mine and they still did. If that doesn't bother you you can have it for years and years, however.

Offline terran5992

« Reply #594 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 08:27:52 »
Well edges will start to tear...I took good care of mine and they still did. If that doesn't bother you you can have it for years and years, however.

Oh i see but its alright . Its relatively cheap to replace this mousepad

Compared to replacing KMAC

Offline adhoc

« Reply #595 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 08:33:48 »
Yeah, my point exactly! :)

Offline ctbear

« Reply #596 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:10:38 »

Nah, the new model is horrible. The old one was fairly garish as well, but then it was at least just two colours. New design is just too much. I'm glad I was able to pick up one of each before they changed the design.

I agree. I have the original Goliathus (the first ones which were all black except a small Razer logo at the corner) and its really beat up. I like it a lot and would like a new one, but the current design is just so... :-X

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #597 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 02:20:50 »

I have the Razer Goliathus - Speed version (the 36" wide one) - and I personally love it.  It cleans up great in the washing machine, too. :)
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #598 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 01:44:41 »
I use Razer Goliathus Speed Omega. I'm not sure how the Speed/Control editions affects performance but I'm satisfied with its performance with my G500s on 3200dpi.

Offline adhoc

« Reply #599 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 05:27:47 »
It's a bit like pom vs pbt :))

Speed it smooth, control is more grainy. I prefer control and I tested my G9x on both of them.