Author Topic: Would you rather?  (Read 5502 times)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
Would you rather?
« on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 14:48:50 »
Have a board that works perfectly but it's your least favourite keyswitch, e.g. Blacks?

or

Have a board that has your favourite keyswitch (browns, reds?) but! it has issues, maybe a faulty wire or slight chattering/key bouncing issues!

The rules are, you cannot change your cable and you cannot fix the chattering issue.
Chattering occurs on a 45% chance and the faulty wire makes it so that your keyboard randomly disconnects!

Your keyboard only has one of these issues so it's either going to be the faulty keyboard wire or the chattering issue! choose wisely.

Which do you choose and why?

Disclaimer: This is purely a study that I want to enquire about. My friend and I were curious as he did a study in University asking 'Even if your keyboard would break in x way and x way but was still usable would you buy a new one or carry on using it til it finally gives out, etc, etc.'
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 September 2013, 14:56:16 by Fragil1ty »
你搞砸了

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Would you rather?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 14:49:45 »
The keyboard that works

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 14:54:08 »
I'd rather have a board with MX Blues and a faulty cable. Why? Because that's what I deal with on a daily basis with my QFR. The cable has a connection issue, so if I accidentally move the keyboard it disconnects and I have to re-seat the cable in the mini-USB port.

But it's still better than typing on Blacks...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 14:54:47 »
Working keyboard for sure. I'd rather get used to a switch I don't like than be frustrated with something that half works, i.e. chatters.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 14:55:56 »
Have a board that works perfectly but it's your least favourite keyswitch, e.g. Blacks?

or

Have a board that has your favourite keyswitch (browns, reds?) but! it has issues, maybe a faulty wire or slight chattering/key bouncing issues!

The rules are, you cannot change your cable and you cannot fix the chattering issue.
Chattering occurs on a 45% chance and the faulty wire makes it so that your keyboard randomly disconnects!

Your keyboard only has one of these issues so it's either going to be the faulty keyboard wire or the chattering issue! choose wisely.

We talkin least favorite switch, or least favorite mechanical switch (maybe even least favorite mx?)? Cause it makes quite a bit of difference if I'm getting a board with browns or one with microwave button style switches.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 15:10:13 »
Pls green ALPS with chattering. Would be the same as I've got right now.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 15:16:07 »
I'd take option C: Contact the manufacturer of the keyboard with the faulty cable (or the reseller if I can't get a hold of the company) and see if I can get a replacement. Failing that, I save my money and purchase a replacement board that has the switches I like.

If it's only between the options presented, I would probably suck it up and use the functional board with the switch I hate. I could eventually grow accustomed to the new switch whereas something I know is defective would drive me up a wall.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 15:23:44 »
The working one. Life is too short...

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 15:28:18 »
Working one.

Kinda just wen through this when RMA my QFR. faulty left alt key had me back on a razer black widow blues... ew clicky switches :p

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:35:56 »
y'all have no sense of adventure.

I'd pick the broken one, because it's much more fun to fix it. I have "typed" using a software keyboard whilst debugging the only keyboard I had at the time. I eventually got it working, and everything was (is) awesome because of it.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:38:10 »
OP says no fixing. Or else I'd happily fix mine up.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 18:37:32 »
these studies are useless.. because any rational person would say ffff-you and ur experiment, then proceed to buy an Ergodox.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 18:55:24 »
What kind of question is that - the working one, of course!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 18:58:41 »
I would type on blacks they are too heavy to me. I love browns and reds. I would rather get used to switches.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 19:02:21 »

or

We talkin least favorite switch, or least favorite mechanical switch (maybe even least favorite mx?)? Cause it makes quite a bit of difference if I'm getting a board with browns or one with microwave button style switches.

I'd think microwave buttons would fit both categories, as they are unresponsive as hell

Offline Ch0nG

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 19:26:20 »
If the OPs options are the only ones, I'd say the working keyboard even if it's the "worst" Cherry MX switches. I can get used to any switch, but it's almost impossible to get used to a faulty cable (which is what my DasKeyboard currently has).
Das Ultimate - Blues - Converted to removable USB (Mimic-Cables) - 40 A-L WASD ORings
ErgoDox - ErgoClears ErgoDox - 65g Blues

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 19:27:13 »
The Working one..no question
Even if it had the worst switches known to man...reds *hngg*

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 20:09:45 »

or

I'd think microwave buttons would fit both categories, as they are unresponsive as hell
Some are actually nice buttons.... Mine are pretty good lol.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 20:16:31 »
If I follow the implied guidelines suggested by your examples, than I would say that I'd go for the working keyboard. The non-working one would drive me crazy. If I can't fix the problem, I'll sooner destroy the keyboard attempting to do so than I would accept living with the problem.

I should note, though, that this answer depends on certain boundary assumptions...that is, when you say "least favorite keyswitch" that you are only considering switches that, at the current time, are common in mechanical keyboards. If "least favorite keyswitch" includes every switch ever made by any modder or company at any time in history based on any kind of technology, I might be persuaded to reconsider. 
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline divito

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 20:38:21 »
When thought hypothetically, it would seem obvious to have a fully working keyboard with my least favorite key switch. However, when trying to really put myself in that situation, the severity of the intermittent issues and such could be liveable with the the desired key switch.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 20:42:24 »
these studies are useless.. because any rational person would say ffff-you and ur experiment, then proceed to buy an Ergodox.

Show Image

Ergotrash!!!
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 20:53:26 »
I'd take the non-working one and then take the switches out and swap them with my new board. MX Blues/possibly Topre VW, here I come!
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline BliTzKiN

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 21:00:03 »
I'd probably take the working one and try to get used to it. I cant see myself having to constantly fiddle with a cable, it'll drive me nuts!

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 21:02:21 »
I'll take the working one. The one with issues will be too irritating for me on the long run.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 22:38:00 »
And why is this in keyboards, and not off topic?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline genkidama

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 04:12:45 »
I'd take the working keyboard and get used to the black switches, althought I already tried and hate them. It's much less of a worry and frustration than having a keyboard that's faulty, disconnects randomly and stuff like that. This would drive you crazy and with the black switches you just need to suck it up and get used to it and get Arnold Schwarzenegger (in his better and younger days) hands and you got no problems anymore. :D
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 07:05:37 »

I thought this applies to keyboards? If not, I have no problems with a Moderator moving it to that section, :).
你搞砸了

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 08:46:05 »
OP says no fixing. Or else I'd happily fix mine up.

My answer remains: I'm putting up with useless firmware on one keyboard: kmac, and I have an odd debounce issue with my phantom. These are the keyboards I use the most. If I wanted a working keyboard, I'd use my QFR or model M more.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 09:04:48 »
I guess it is a keyboard related question, sorta lol.

And I'd take the working keyboard, if I were to use a keyboard with problems (chatter, non-register keys) I'd rather just use a working generic rubber dome.

In general even the worst mechanical *might* still be better than rubber dome therefore I'd take the working one.  :)

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:00:06 »

I thought this applies to keyboards? If not, I have no problems with a Moderator moving it to that section, :).

It is more a hypothetical question about personal preference rather than discussion about an actual keyboard.

But anyway.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 12:21:13 »
Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?

edit: woops, this isn't an off-topic post  :-[

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 12:28:31 »
dat necro :eek:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 12:53:29 »
dat necro :eek:

I was thinking about the question and couldn't decide, so I wanted to see what other people would choose. Thank you based GH search

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 12:54:16 »
A keyboard that works is useless if I'd have to type on blacks or browns. I'd take a faulty one anyday
edit: oh wow yeah sweet necro
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Premonition

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 13:02:28 »
Obviously the working one, you sell it to someone and buy a keyboard you actually like. My 'least favorite switch' just so happens to be on the Kishsaver Model F..  ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 20:38:38 by Premonition »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 13:06:38 »
I would rather have the working board and both arms but one leg over the board with issues and two legs but only one arm.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 13:19:26 »
I would rather have the working keyboard with my least favorite switches because I don't find any MX switches unbearable.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline johndavis33

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 17:36:49 »
I'd probably take the one with my least favorite switches.

I could use it occasionally to remind myself of why I hate it. Even if I never use it, it's nice to have variety in your collection.
HAVE AND WILL KEEP: HHKB - Printed white | Ducky Banana edition - Whites | Model M13 | Unidentified Goodwill keyboard - Simplified black ALPS
TOO BE SOLD: TG3 BL82 - Clears | Wheelwrite 5 - Buckling Springs typewriter
SOLD: Rosewill RK9000 - Blacks | QFR - Blues | Ducky G2 Pro - Greens |
IT WILL BE MINE: Northgate Omnikey - White ALPS

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 17:53:22 »
What kind of 'worst mechanical switch' are we talking here?

If it's Fujitsu peerless, I'm going with the board with the bad cable, because I know how to work with bad cables.

If it's MX Black, that would be a really hard choice. I love stiff switches (MX Clear, Green, etc.) but hate blacks for whatever reason. Probably still the board with the bad cable.

As said above, neither situation is really realistic. You use what you have until it becomes unusable, then you get something else that works for you. Worst case, you get a same-layout board with the terrible switches and swap the switches across. I assume you didn't immediately dumpster your broken board :P
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Kisuaca

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 19:24:09 »
I would by topre 55g

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 19:43:09 »
I could flip a working board in a trade  :p
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 20:09:25 »
I would get a Topre keyboard.  No mechanical chattering.  EVAR.  Due to superior electro-capacitive switching technology.  Be a part of the future, not a slave to the past.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Would you rather?
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 20:23:03 »
I would get a Topre keyboard.  No mechanical chattering.  EVAR.  Due to superior electro-capacitive switching technology.  Be a part of the future, not a slave to the past.

Yep I've never had a rubber dome chatter either!
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 October 2014, 21:17:56 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Drewchompski

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 21:18:28 »
Working.

Cant stand dealing with half broken stuff.

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 21:31:21 »
Working keyboard with least favorite switch.
I'd have to go with light switches (reds/blues). NOT that I hate them, but I'm a heavy typist and I prefer a heavier switch.

Offline Tony

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:37:06 »
Depends on the price. Usually I choose the working one, but if I could get the broken one for free, then I might reconsider.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 04:55:49 »
Neither. I'd buy a working board with my favourite switch rather than settling for something either broken or horrible to use. Actually I'd use the one with the broken cable and replace the cable... You can't tell me I'm not allowed to fix stuff, fixing stuff is what I do.

If I used it for only a short time, though, I could settle for the working one. I'd get too frustrated using the one with chattering or cable issues, particularly knowing that it can be fixed... would just irritate me beyond belief.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:32:20 »
But you need to chose one of the two without fixing. You are not allowed to fix stuff :p
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:35:18 »
Board that works with least favorite switch (in my case reds). My reasoning is that I make enough errors on my own while typing, and chatter would just further the issue while writing a paper for school. I also need the reliability for gaming.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline ksm123

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:39:55 »
You mean at work?
If there was no possible way to get to the keyboard with solder iron, cleaning agent and lubricant then I would choose working one, even if it was rubber dome.
I do not have enough patience to code on chattering board.