Author Topic: New Leopold FC900R PS (Dye-Sublimated) Spotted!  (Read 5006 times)

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
New Leopold FC900R PS (Dye-Sublimated) Spotted!
« on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 23:51:24 »
Spotted on PChome Taiwan, a new variant of the fullsize 900R is now out! The 900R "PS"  ;D
"PS" most likely stands for PBT Sublimated as their "PD" variant is PBT Doubleshot

What's interesting is those new keycaps, they are 1.5mm PBT Dye Subs in what looks to be a their own step sculpture 2 profile, these ones they mentioned specifically that they are Made in Japan however, the board is still assembled in Taiwan like all other 900R's.

Interestingly, I haven't spotted any other changes apart from this, still sporting the same PCB, the common Cherry MX Red, Blue and Brown...
Not sure what other things they have tweaked in this new version but pretty cool seeing that they are releasing new boards with Dyesub printing!  :thumb:

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline portbaron

Re: New Leopold FC900R PS (Dye-Sublimated) Spotted!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 00:54:43 »
Interesting. I guess dye sub is a little less expensive, but not sure why they would go this route when they already have darn good PBT double shot. Leopold has had some delays in production lately, but are supposed to get back on track around June. maybe these will appear around then?
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 01:14:24 »
Interesting. I guess dye sub is a little less expensive, but not sure why they would go this route when they already have darn good PBT double shot. Leopold has had some delays in production lately, but are supposed to get back on track around June. maybe these will appear around then?

Totally agreed, they have some of the best "out of the box" caps around and I'm actually having a hard time justifying the need to replace my 660Ms lol
I think I'll leave it all stock for now, or forever.

I'm looking forward to the release of the black and blue/grey FC660C though, that I believe announced just a few days ago
http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=bbs/gnuboard.php&bo_table=notice&page=1&wr_id=375

I really dig that stealthy black look, hopefully I'll be able to find one on my trip back to Taiwan at the end of the year!

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 01:31:07 »
i am interested
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline portbaron

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 01:32:43 »
Ya, I have a bit of a Leopold problem (I have like 12?), and it always seems a shame to put other keycaps on them. I have bags of their keycaps that I feel like I should put on something else.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 April 2018, 01:34:36 by portbaron »
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 01:48:36 »
Ya, I have a bit of a Leopold problem (I have like 12?), and it always seems a shame to put other keycaps on them. I have bags of their keycaps that I feel like I should put on something else.

wow 12?

do you have any customs, or only leopolds?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 01:56:48 »

hoh 12! Which ones do you own? :P
I've always loved the minimal, good old design they go by and just how solid they feel, their caps, its perfect for people that like to leave boards stock or want a nice platform to customise on, one question, within your Leopold collection, is there a particular model you like more than the others?

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline portbaron

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 02:04:01 »

wow 12?

do you have any customs, or only leopolds?
I have plenty of boards other than leopolds, but I'm a bit of a casual scrub so no real customs right now. Just decent boards in all sizes and switches I rotate through to keep typing interesting. The fc980 is my favorite layout.
Not even sure where to start with custom boards. My DIY experience is with modifying cars, not electronics so building a keyboard seems a little daunting.

Unless you meant aftermarket keycaps, then I have a lot.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 April 2018, 02:16:37 by portbaron »
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline portbaron

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 02:15:38 »

I've always loved the minimal, good old design they go by and just how solid they feel, their caps, its perfect for people that like to leave boards stock or want a nice platform to customise on, one question, within your Leopold collection, is there a particular model you like more than the others?
The 980 is my favorite layout because I still enter numbers from time to time so a numpad is useful.

Right now I have: FC660 (brown)/ TKLs (brown, clear, silent red)/ FC980 (topre, clear, brown, blue, black)/ fc900r (brown, blue, and one clear on the way). I'm into clears now.

The only ones I'm keeping stock keycaps on is the fc900 brown with the awesome cyan dolch. The two mx blue ones have a combination of leopold keycaps to produce a classic dolch/red accent key look, and one with dolch where half the alphas are black and the others gray in a diagonal with blue accent keys.
I'm still waiting on a few keysets to come in to put on some others.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 02:46:35 »

The 980 is my favorite layout because I still enter numbers from time to time so a numpad is useful.

Right now I have: FC660 (brown)/ TKLs (brown, clear, silent red)/ FC980 (topre, clear, brown, blue, black)/ fc900r (brown, blue, and one clear on the way). I'm into clears now.

The only ones I'm keeping stock keycaps on is the fc900 brown with the awesome cyan dolch. The two mx blue ones have a combination of leopold keycaps to produce a classic dolch/red accent key look, and one with dolch where half the alphas are black and the others gray in a diagonal with blue accent keys.
I'm still waiting on a few keysets to come in to put on some others.

That's is an amazing bunch you got there, the 980 is one I aspire to own, that layout looks very versatile and not to mention it also looks super duper niceee
I've been planning to find the cheapest 980 I can find new and swap out for GMK Miami Nights, it will be a shame for the stock keycaps just sitting in the drawer tho but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do... :P
Many GMK sets support the 980 layout so that's reassuring, honestly can't wait!

Nice mix and matching, the cyan dolch does look neat, got a local guy trying to sell a used one for $100 more than what they are brand new lol

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline portbaron

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 02:59:39 »
Nice, I'm waiting for gmk Pulse to put on the 980 brown (but it's like 5 months ugh). I'm also getting a PBT version similar to miami nights to put on my 45g realforce rgb topre. I've already customized the cable with a pink/black paracord knot wrapping lol.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 03:04:47 »
Nice, I'm waiting for gmk Pulse to put on the 980 brown (but it's like 5 months ugh). I'm also getting a PBT version similar to miami nights to put on my 45g realforce rgb topre. I've already customized the cable with a pink/black paracord knot wrapping lol.

Hope you get that gmk pulse soon lol, my least favorite game is the waiting game XD
Miami Nights has got such a subtle yet bold pop, I love it so much, nice with the cable lol, do post some pics of the realforce rgb after customisation heheh, sounds dope

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:35:36 »
These are NOT made in Japan..

not that it needs to be, because of how low tech a keyboard is..

But Don't believe it..

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 07:40:35 »

I have plenty of boards other than leopolds, but I'm a bit of a casual scrub so no real customs right now. Just decent boards in all sizes and switches I rotate through to keep typing interesting. The fc980 is my favorite layout.
Not even sure where to start with custom boards. My DIY experience is with modifying cars, not electronics so building a keyboard seems a little daunting.

Unless you meant aftermarket keycaps, then I have a lot.
[/quote]

If you can modify cars soldering switches to a pcb will be easy. It isn't that bad :)
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 10:40:32 »

But Don't believe it..

You do know they can be sued to hell and heaven if they fake those "Made in" labels, right?

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 14:00:25 »

But Don't believe it..

Only the keycaps are made In Japan but its interesting because there's no point having the keycaps made in one Japan and sent back to Taiwan for final assembly not like the dye-sublimation tech is exclusive or limited to Japan, maybe its a new partnership with another company, I'm not sure :P

« Last Edit: Mon, 30 April 2018, 14:04:51 by Duckyreddy »

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline portbaron

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 14:09:18 »

If you can modify cars soldering switches to a pcb will be easy. It isn't that bad :)
Lol this is definitely true. But I'm not sure what I'd even want to customize at this point since I like the mx, gaterons, and topres I already have. Other oddball switches that don't come on pre-made boards? What do people usually do?
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |