Author Topic: @ fohat.. Berserkfan Shipping-Debacle, The Story Continued.  (Read 287789 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
@ fohat.. Berserkfan Shipping-Debacle, The Story Continued.
« on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:18:41 »
There is no Obfuscation..

I've explained the lore correctly as it happened..

It's unfortunate you did not receive a box..

Why is it not possible, that not all orders were fulfilled before the debacle happened..

And since we KNOW that the items were sent to the wrong places,  At the time, your order could not be fulfilled, because the components had to be recovered and swapped first.

Berserk fan had every intention of doing SOMETHING for everyone, he Clearly mentioned the $2000 cash budget to work with people who's items were shipped to the wrong people and are non-recoverable..

All of this was happening,   YOUR BOX, if anything was chewed up by the Thwarting of Rootwyrm..

Remember,  the FIX on part of Berserk fan was IN THE WORKS..  as Rootwyrm began his idiotic campaign.

Berserk fan is at fault for the Shipping problems.. Certainly

But he had not ever been an intentional Scammer ..

Offline joey

Re: @ fohat.. Berserk fan Shipping Debacle continuation.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:21:58 »
k

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:25:19 »
agree with joey on this one

Offline ika

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:25:33 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82065.msg2169688#msg2169688

A good many mistakes were made in the shipping out rush. Wife had to send over 80 packages within a few days and she’s not familiar with the descriptions. (And quite fed up too, so she just stuffed packages with whatever seemed right or approximately the same value.)

[...]

Those who think they are going to get money from filing complaints, sorry. You guys all got boxes of keyboard related items, some totally new or never used. If I choose to escalate your complaint to a Return, you are going to have to pay a lot of money to ship stuff back to Singapore before you get refunded.  We have shipping invoices that say 5kg and 10kg of ‘keyboards’ and ‘keyboard parts’, so sending me a postcard with a tracking number is going to get you hit with a buyer fraud charge.

That's a direct quote from berserkfan. It was definitely something that spiraled out of control but in no way is berserkfan not at fault or anything.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:27:06 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82065.msg2169688#msg2169688

A good many mistakes were made in the shipping out rush. Wife had to send over 80 packages within a few days and she’s not familiar with the descriptions. (And quite fed up too, so she just stuffed packages with whatever seemed right or approximately the same value.)

[...]

Those who think they are going to get money from filing complaints, sorry. You guys all got boxes of keyboard related items, some totally new or never used. If I choose to escalate your complaint to a Return, you are going to have to pay a lot of money to ship stuff back to Singapore before you get refunded.  We have shipping invoices that say 5kg and 10kg of ‘keyboards’ and ‘keyboard parts’, so sending me a postcard with a tracking number is going to get you hit with a buyer fraud charge.

That's a direct quote from berserkfan. It was definitely something that spiraled out of control but in no way is berserkfan not at fault or anything.

Absolutely..

He handled this poorly..

Some things were hastily written with emotional outbursts.

He is at fault for the shipping..

THere is no dispute..

I am merely explaining that the fallout was as bad as it was, because of -Rootwyrm-'s actions

Berserk fan was doing things in rectification of his error..  There was the $2000 budget for cash, ontop of Setting up proxies behind the scenes, all were on-going up until the moment --Rootwyrm-- egged everyone to file complaints locking out Berserkfan's paypal account for coordinating funding and swaps.

Berserkfan is not a scammer in the sense that he was taking the money and running.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:29:14 »
can you link to what rootwyrm did wrong so i can read up and make up my own private opinion on this scam thanks

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:30:47 »
can you link to what rootwyrm did wrong so i can read up and make up my own private opinion on this scam thanks

What rootwyrm did is File paypal claim Prematurely..

he has 6 months, to file a complaint,  as he himself USED PAYPAL..

6 whole months,   he filed within 2 weeks, of the shipping error..

Then he got on the internet, and told EVERYONE else to file against berserkfan.. This locked out Berserkfan's paypal account , making it impossible to coordinate transfers and swaps..

Just look at the timing of his thread..

That is what he did wrong.

Offline joey

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:30:58 »
Berserkfan is not a scammer in the sense that he was taking the money and running.[/b][/size]

He might not be a scammer, but he has left the situation such that he has quite a bit of money, and lots of people don't have their items.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:33:33 »
Berserkfan is not a scammer in the sense that he was taking the money and running.[/b][/size]

He might not be a scammer, but he has left the situation such that he has quite a bit of money, and lots of people don't have their items.

He did not leave the situation, he was FORCED OUT, when --Rootwyrm-- actively ruined the Ongoing plan to coordinate a fix..

There is no positive earnings balance on Berserkfan's side..

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:36:14 »

What rootwyrm did is File complaints Prematurely..

Then he got on the internet, and told EVERYONE else to file against berserkfan..

link me baby cmon

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:37:07 »

Then he got on the internet, and told EVERYONE else to file against berserkfan..

link me baby cmon

Link to what, just look at the old thread, 

The time stamp is right there..

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:38:48 »

link me baby cmon

Link to what, just look at the old thread, 

The time stamp is right there..

i cba looking ^-^

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:40:03 »

i cba looking ^-^

Sure, thanks for chiming in..  You're welcome for the information..

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: @ fohat.. Berserkfan Shipping-Debacle, The Story Continued.
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:57:25 »
TP to the rescue! TP needs a theme song

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 13:17:53 »
1) berserkfan was a friend, so I have no personal animosity toward him over the incident;

2) I was not involved in the sale in any way, as I did not purchase anything;

BUT...

3) berserkfan was NEGLIGENT in fulfilling the terms of the sale.

When you enter into a transaction with someone, you are making a promise to send the correct item, in the condition described, for the agreed upon price. This obviously didn't happen. Saying that his wife made mistakes does not relieve him of his responsibility. He is still liable for either sending the correct item, or refunding the money he received. Period. Just because he didn't conduct the sale with the INTENTION to scam people, doesn't mean they didn't get scammed.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 13:21:31 »
1) berserkfan was a friend, so I have no personal animosity toward him over the incident;

2) I was not involved in the sale in any way, as I did not purchase anything;

BUT...

3) berserkfan was NEGLIGENT in fulfilling the terms of the sale.

When you enter into a transaction with someone, you are making a promise to send the correct item, in the condition described, for the agreed upon price. This obviously didn't happen. Saying that his wife made mistakes does not relieve him of his responsibility. He is still liable for either sending the correct item, or refunding the money he received. Period. Just because he didn't conduct the sale with the INTENTION to scam people, doesn't mean they didn't get scammed.

The outcome of many situations may be the same..

But there must be a distinction between  Negligence and CRIME..

A purposeful scam would be criminal.

Berserkfan was negligent, There was never any dispute.

However,  there was also no intention to Trick people into malice.

And so we must be clear when we talk about the member, when we say, he was negligent, but Not a criminal and had not intended to Scam.

And a scam, would also imply a situation where they intended to run with the money..

Berserkfan clearly stood by, until he was PUSHED OUT from being able to make the rectification happen..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 14:19:42 »

not all orders were fulfilled before the debacle happened..

What makes everything you say so asinine is that the entire premise of the sale was to clear everything out immediately.

The "debacle" is something that did not even begin to exist until weeks after all orders would have been fulfilled.

I suppose that I have no choice but to add you to my ignore list. That population has never been more than 3.
They may have gagged Trump.
They didn’t gag me.
They can’t gag me.
I have no gag reflex.
I am ungaggable.
I have trained my whole life for this.
– Lauren Boebert 2024-05-16

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:53:16 »

What rootwyrm did is File paypal claim Prematurely..

Then he got on the internet, and told EVERYONE else to file against berserkfan.. This locked out Berserkfan's paypal account , making it impossible to coordinate transfers and swaps..

Actually, that's wrong.  I was the one who filed and everyone else, including Root, was telling me not to file, but to give it a while.  It came to light that not only did I not receive what I was looking for, not only did Berserk stop replying when I was trying to have a reasonable conversation, not only would he not answer the simple question of how are you going to fix this... but he'd already double sold my items.  Once I found that out, I knew there was no way he could correct that.  One of the people he double sold to would have to have no recourse.  So I took myself out of the equation by seeking my funds back from Paypal.  Because I filed early, I got everything back.  The original money, the fees that he charged me for using paypal, the shipping costs to ship things to a wrong address... everything.  And I have no regrets about doing so, and wish others had done the same so that they could have been recompensed for their loss.

I have no animosity towards berserk, nor anyone that has anything to do with it.  It was a business deal.  It went wrong.  He gave no indication that he was able to do anything about it, and became non responsive.  So I sought recompense.  It's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:54:53 by chuckdee »

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:31:31 »

I have no animosity towards berserk, nor anyone that has anything to do with it.  It was a business deal.  It went wrong.  He gave no indication that he was able to do anything about it, and became non responsive.  So I sought recompense.  It's as simple as that.

Then you too were part of the Problem.. and an over-reaction..

All three of you, Sky, Root, and Chuckdee  over-reached, and made things worse for everyone else.

That is the case..

--Rootwyrm-- has been the most verbose about this, and so I peg him the most guilty of the thwarting.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:33:37 »

not all orders were fulfilled before the debacle happened..

What makes everything you say so asinine is that the entire premise of the sale was to clear everything out immediately.

The "debacle" is something that did not even begin to exist until weeks after all orders would have been fulfilled.

I suppose that I have no choice but to add you to my ignore list. That population has never been more than 3.

You are refusing to see reason..   No one dispute that you didn't get a box, 

No one dispute that Berserkfan made mistakes.

What IS in contention is that Berserkfan had not been a scammer, and this was NOT a setup.

The Addendum is that --Rootwyrm, sky, and chuckdee-- were among the agitators and instigators of a PREMATURE paypal claim..

These alarmists ruined the Plan to rectify the situation on part of Berserkfan....

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:40:01 »
And additionally, to Fohat..

By siding with the problematic users from the beginning even as TP4 was telling you guys that what they're doing is making the situation worse..

YOU also contributed to the final solution which is the SAME HOLE that everyone crawled into.. Right after -Rootwyrm, chuckdee, and sky--  So congratulations, at least it's not lonely at the bottom..

From very Early,  When I first began posting,  I was telling you guys that to HOLD and Wait.

I wanted to explain things further very early, but Berserk said, he's already catching lots of flack, and so let's keep everything informationally sparse while coordination was taking place.

Then as it was all happening.. Rug was pulled,  and it was out of His hands as everyone got on the --Rootwyrm-- wagon..

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:48:55 »

Then you too were part of the Problem.. and an over-reaction..

All three of you, Sky, Root, and Chuckdee  over-reached, and made things worse for everyone else.

That is the case..

--Rootwyrm-- has been the most verbose about this, and so I peg him the most guilty of the thwarting.

I have my money.  And many others don't.  Think what you want, but I'll let outcomes speak for themselves.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:56:06 »
Okay, so how does pointing fingers about who caused what help going forward? That's great that you've identified the 'agitators and instigators of a PREMATURE paypal claim', but none of this is helping to rectify the ****ty situation everyone is left with.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:05:01 »

I have my money.  And many others don't.  Think what you want, but I'll let outcomes speak for themselves.

And your vain victory is precisely WHY many others don't have anything..

There was a plan,  you and others like you ruined it.

It wouldn't have been perfect,  but it was going to be much better than what was finished with you lot.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:07:51 »
Okay, so how does pointing fingers about who caused what help going forward? That's great that you've identified the 'agitators and instigators of a PREMATURE paypal claim', but none of this is helping to rectify the ****ty situation everyone is left with.

It can not be rectified once it was taken away from berserk..

This thread is a continuation, as an explanation of what transpired..

The event itself has already come to an end..

The vindictive attitude taken upon by the Mob which Rootwyrm-n-company ruffled together,  made certain that people who COULD run with what they received do so, and never fess up on the board..

If you got $200 for your $75, would you report ?

Had this been an amicable handling of the situation.. Perhaps,  but the way --Rootwyrm-- turned things,  that was never possible..

Offline ika

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:34:44 »
Do you honestly think berserkfan was going to just magically fix everything? He shipped out HUNDREDs of packages incorrectly. He set a $2000 budget to "fix" it all but if he wasn't able to even do it correctly in the first place, why do you think he would have been able to manage the logistics of fixing everything incorrectly sent? He had always had this "I already did a bunch of work, even if it was wrong, so screw you if you think you want me to do more work to get what you paid for".

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:43:12 »
Do you honestly think berserkfan was going to just magically fix everything? He shipped out HUNDREDs of packages incorrectly. He set a $2000 budget to "fix" it all but if he wasn't able to even do it correctly in the first place, why do you think he would have been able to manage the logistics of fixing everything incorrectly sent? He had always had this "I already did a bunch of work, even if it was wrong, so screw you if you think you want me to do more work to get what you paid for".

Not disputing that the PR was handled poorly..

Many things were said emotionally and in a hurry..

But the IMPORTANT take away was,  There was a plan for the fix, and coordination was happening, along with the $2000 Additional budget..

Berserkfan was already taking a loss on the sale, then a loss on the shipping mistake (right, his mistake), but then he was going to take another loss on the $2000 extra to fix what was possible..

The point remains,  he was there, and working behind the scenes before --Rootwyrm-- made that impossible..

You're speculating that he could not have done a good job fixing the situation...

Well, he would've still done a better job than --Rootwyrm--, because look what's finally happened,

No one knows where the boxes went,   AT LEAST Berserkfan, has a list of shipments and receipts including weights shipped..

What was --Rootwyrm-- actually able to accomplish, a whole lot of yelling, but what has that TABLE which the lot was so proud of actually able to do.

NOTHING,   why,  because you can't hold the receivers of the boxes accountable at all with the table.

At least from Berserk's side, he can say, well these people got this, his items should weigh at least THIS,    The pictures he posted of his lot does not match.. He's hiding something..

Berserk had the ONLY list of reciepts which we could leverage to get the boxes going where they were suppose to go..

By kicking out berserk, You can make your own table based on good will, but without ANY leverage against User dishonesty..

And that's what's finally happened, with the majority Never a peep as to what they got..

Offline nugglets

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:50:03 »

Not disputing that the PR was handled poorly..

Many things were said emotionally and in a hurry..

But the IMPORTANT take away was,  There was a plan for the fix, and coordination was happening, along with the $2000 Additional budget..

Berserkfan was already taking a loss on the sale, then a loss on the shipping mistake (right, his mistake), but then he was going to take another loss on the $2000 extra to fix what was possible..

The point remains,  he was there, and working behind the scenes before --Rootwyrm-- made that impossible..

You're speculating that he could not have done a good job fixing the situation...

Well, he would've still done a better job than --Rootwyrm--, because look what's finally happened,

No one knows where the boxes went,   AT LEAST Berserkfan, has a list of shipments and receipts including weights shipped..

What was --Rootwyrm-- actually able to accomplish, a whole lot of yelling, but what has that TABLE which the lot was so proud of actually able to do.

NOTHING,   why,  because you can't hold the receivers of the boxes accountable at all with the table.

At least from Berserk's side, he can say, well these people got this, his items should weigh at least THIS,    The pictures he posted of his lot does not match.. He's hiding something..

Berserk had the ONLY list of reciepts which we could leverage to get the boxes going where they were suppose to go..

By kicking out berserk, You can make your own table based on good will, but without ANY leverage against User dishonesty..

And that's what's finally happened, with the majority Never a peep as to what they got..

Yeah... a list of box weights.

With no ****ing clue what was inside a single one of them.

THAT would have solved everything.  :)) :)) :)) :))

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 17:54:21 »

Yeah... a list of box weights.

With no ****ing clue what was inside a single one of them.

THAT would have solved everything.  :)) :)) :)) :))

Not a perfect system, but better than nothing,  which is EXACTLY what --Rootwyrm-- was working with.

With the weights, for example..

You could say, hey we got 5 lbs here,  you posted a picture of 2 bags of keycap.. Where's the rest of the 4.9lbs..

There's SOME accountability there..

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:18:44 »
Did you buy stuff too tp?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:28:21 »

It wouldn't have been perfect,  but it was going to be much better than what was finished with you lot.

So, tell me... in the PLAN, how do you make up for people whose items were doublesold?  There was no way to get both me and the other guy the items.  Can you answer that in your infinite wisdom?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:36:05 »

So, tell me... in the PLAN, how do you make up for people whose items were doublesold?  There was no way to get both me and the other guy the items.  Can you answer that in your infinite wisdom?

Yes I can..

There were coordination problems, because payment times were not aligned..

Berserkfan is not a database system, he's just one guy trying to keep track of stuff, all of which are different.

This is not amazon.com, this is a garage sale from another country..

If things were double sold, it was un-intentional..

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 21:06:52 »
That still didn't answer the question.  But, I take it you don't have any answers.  Like I said, I looked at it as business gone wrong, and had no ill will.  I just wanted it to get resolved.  If you can tell me how a double sold (for whatever reason) item was supposed to get to two different people, I'll concede the issue.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 21:56:22 »

YOU also contributed to the final solution which is the SAME HOLE that everyone crawled into.. Right after -Rootwyrm, chuckdee, and sky--  So congratulations, at least it's not lonely at the bottom..

Anyone? nope? k cya.

More

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 22:16:06 »

TP, did you buy anything from Berserkfan? Know something we don't?

He has had months to take a number of steps to get his act together, yet his only reaction has been to complain loudly then disappear.

(Not a lawyer, but there is such a thing as "criminal negligence" in most Common Law jurisdictions.)

The PM system here and Gmail both have search capabilities, he could have cross referenced those to his receipts. He could also have matched the Moneygram / Western Union numbers to people and refunded.

It would have been possible for him to forward that information to a number of people that could cross-reference with the public spreadsheets.

None of that has happened.

For my part: I have only received defective sticks of RAM as a courtesy from someone who got them in his (mostly incorrect) package. There is only one keyboard out of four in my order whose whereabouts are known; and I'm still on the fence on whether it's worth shipping my way from Sweden to Canada.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 August 2016, 22:17:38 by Darkshado »

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 01:42:53 »
That still didn't answer the question.  But, I take it you don't have any answers.  Like I said, I looked at it as business gone wrong, and had no ill will.  I just wanted it to get resolved.  If you can tell me how a double sold (for whatever reason) item was supposed to get to two different people, I'll concede the issue.

This is a pointless string you're clinging to.

There was a $2000 budget for cash replacement if needed, and, they could've also came to an agreement on a replacement item of equivalent value in exchange.

This was in the replacement plan being worked on at the time.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 01:55:51 »
if berserk was honestly trying to rectify the situation, he would start by posting under his own account and acknowledging his role in this whole mess, along with a solution to get the correct items or refunds back to the right people. that won't happen though cos he's your classic geekhack hit n runner

in either case he doesn't need you for a spokesperson, so give it a rest

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 01:56:06 »

He has had months to take a number of steps to get his act together, yet his only reaction has been to complain loudly then disappear.

(Not a lawyer, but there is such a thing as "criminal negligence" in most Common Law jurisdictions.)

The PM system here and Gmail both have search capabilities, he could have cross referenced those to his receipts. He could also have matched the Moneygram / Western Union numbers to people and refunded.

It would have been possible for him to forward that information to a number of people that could cross-reference with the public spreadsheets.

None of that has happened.

For my part: I have only received defective sticks of RAM as a courtesy from someone who got them in his (mostly incorrect) package. There is only one keyboard out of four in my order whose whereabouts are known; and I'm still on the fence on whether it's worth shipping my way from Sweden to Canada.

The reason leading to the end of Berserkfan's involvement has been clearly indicated.

Without the Paypal account options after being locked due to the filings, he could not easily coordinate the refunds and package swaps.

The amount of coordination was already complex in the beginning. So now with one line of assets and options frozen it was even more difficult.

Because so many people filed all at once,  this left a large charge back situation.

So, how was he suppose to work with everyone who used paypal, and coordinate with those who paid for packages over other payment methods, because they may have each other's packages..

The negative cash is also so large, that it would be pointless to try and make people happy, when one could just as easily DO NOTHING and wait to settle with paypal collections,  which is what's happening now.

You guys didn't let him solve the problem in the beginning, so you have no right to complain now, after you've done everything you possibly could in continued hindrance..

AND NO,  Geekhack messaging DOES NOT have a search function..

This is part of the reason why it was very hard to coordinate item sales, when your messages stack over several pages.

Partially accounts for double sold items.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 02:02:53 »
if berserk was honestly trying to rectify the situation, he would start by posting under his own account and acknowledging his role in this whole mess, along with a solution to get the correct items or refunds back to the right people. that won't happen though cos he's your classic geekhack hit n runner

That is not what happened. Berserkfan's only crime had been negligence.. The fallout and irresolution, was perpetrated by --Rootwyrm/Sky/Chuckdee-- and the few other users that were on that wagon.

He DID acknowledge his role in this, and I've also explained it clearly.

There WAS a solution underway, until the likes of --Rootwyrm/Sky/Chuckdee-- blocked it from happening.

Offline ika

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 02:09:41 »
So what's the point of this thread? Clearly you do not agree with anyone else and you are not convincing anyone to change their mind on the subject. You've already tried that at DT: https://deskthority.net/off-topic-f10/unacceptable-lies-perpetrated-by-rootwyrm-t13893.html The posts in that thread are pretty much word for word what's happening here.

What do you want to happen? The next time someone ****s a bunch of people you think everyone should wait quietly for them to rectify the issue until it's too late for most people, like what happened with Ivan?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 02:18:13 »

What do you want to happen? The next time someone wrongs a bunch of people you think everyone should wait quietly for them to rectify the issue until it's too late for most people, like what happened with Ivan?

This is a completely different situation..

As far as I understand it,  Ivan ran with the money.

Berserk fan did not run.. He was here trying to fix things, until it was made impossible by --Rootwyrm/Sky/Chuckdee--

// As for what Tp4 want's out of this ? 

// Tp4 is here to lay out the truth of what happened..

// Tp4 aka,  Speaker for the Dead..

Offline ika

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 02:22:54 »
How could you tell the difference? When someone mis ships hundreds of packages, do you think people will think "oh it was just a little mistake, let's let him fix this problem I'm sure it will be just fine". It was never going to be a good recovery plan in the first place, and his attitude from the very beginning was obviously self-serving and jaded.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 02:27:02 »
How could you tell the difference? When someone mis ships hundreds of packages, do you think people will think "oh it was just a little mistake, let's let him fix this problem I'm sure it will be just fine". It was never going to be a good recovery plan in the first place, and his attitude from the very beginning was obviously self-serving and jaded.

We've are in agreement that the PR was done poorly.

But the solution by Berserkfan was being worked on. Things were turning.. Until it was thwarted.

It was the Best plan possible and  would've made users more accountable for swapping packages because Berserkfan could post a shipping list of at least WHO GOT A PACKAGE AT ALL, and HOW much it weighed..

Leveraging that is the only way to keep people honest.

--ROotwyrm's-- paltry efforts was a useless list of self-reports, he had no records to go off of..   THAT list was the true waste of time here. and the WORST solution.. which in the end has clearly solved nothing..

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 07:00:50 »

As is the fact that you keep needing to rehash events from the past, when it does nothing.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 07:23:39 »

As is the fact that you keep needing to rehash events from the past, when it does nothing.

Incorrect. Tp4 does not start the war..  But Tp4 will finish..

Tp4 is not the instigator of this issue's continuance,  but whenever there is misinformation among the forum as to WHO did what.. Tp4 will be there to Keep the facts clear.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 07:25:21 »
I'm still salty the mods muted tp4 in a offtopic thread for being off topic, in a offtopic thread.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 07:25:48 »

There was a $2000 budget for cash replacement if needed, and, they could've also came to an agreement on a replacement item of equivalent value in exchange.

This was in the replacement plan being worked on at the time.
In other words you don't have an answer, and are just spewing words for the sake of spewing words.   Noted.