Author Topic: The many faces of Geekhack  (Read 1623004 times)

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: The many faces of Geekhack
« Reply #4250 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 11:56:25 »
Show Image

and yes, my left eye is messed up, I am legally blind on that side

i see your awesome knitted beard, and raise you 2 beards  :p

Show Image

on a pass-by I initially thought the orange was real hair and I actually felt bad that someone had such gross hair  :'( :eek: :p

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4251 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 16:40:28 »
why is orange a gross hair color.. 

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4252 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 18:23:17 »

I don't think orange is a gross color for hair just using it to refer to what I saw. It was the nappiness of it D:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4253 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 18:29:36 »
This isn't my face (duh), but these little monsters have played with my keyboards before, so close enough right??  :))

My niece and nephew are just so dang cute I can't get enough.  ^-^

Untitled by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #4254 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 18:30:32 »

It just is, obviously. Don't ask so many questions.  :p
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #4255 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 18:48:45 »
This isn't my face (duh), but these little monsters have played with my keyboards before, so close enough right??  :))

Show Image

DAWWWWWWW so cute!
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline iri

« Reply #4256 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 11:46:57 »

Show Image

she grows fast
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4257 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 12:54:58 »

Show Image

That box fort was epic, you have to be their favorite relative.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4258 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 13:45:56 »

Show Image

That box fort was epic, you have to be their favorite relative.

Hahaha.  ^-^  Thanks, but they definitely prefer my mom ("Nama") quiiiite a bit more.  :))  :P  I don't mind though, they're still the best.  ;D

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #4259 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 17:13:31 »
Show Image

and yes, my left eye is messed up, I am legally blind on that side

i see your awesome knitted beard, and raise you 2 beards  :p

Show Image

Have you heard of the musical artist, Moondog?
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4260 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 17:41:05 »

Have you heard of the musical artist, Moondog?

Moondog is great. After being hailed as a freakshow in the 1950s-60s, he matured into a very good artist.

PM me your Dropbox and I will share several of his albums.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #4261 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 23:14:13 »
Me in my current living accommodations.

119404-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4262 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 23:18:44 »

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4263 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 23:22:58 »

(Attachment Link)

Hotel?

Yeah, had to go out of state for an emergency breakdown.  Check my post in "What did you do today".
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4264 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 03:36:59 »

(Attachment Link)

Hotel?

Yeah, had to go out of state for an emergency breakdown.  Check my post in "What did you do today".

Special hotel service ??

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4265 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 08:55:17 »

(Attachment Link)

Hotel?

Special hotel service ??

None, just getting the weekly rate of $45 a night, it is the closest cheap hotel to the plant, and getting $75 a day per diem from the company.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4266 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 02:40:56 »

(Attachment Link)

Hotel?

Special hotel service ??

None, just getting the weekly rate of $45 a night, it is the closest cheap hotel to the plant, and getting $75 a day per diem from the company.

Does that come with breakfast ?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4267 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 19:56:41 »
I have to be at work before breakfast.  Just staying at the local Super 8.

Today was a great day to work outside.  Little wind and in the upper 40s.

119538-0

This platform was about 170 ish feet up.  I counted 274 steps.

Offline iri

« Reply #4268 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 20:51:01 »
iri's way of life doesn't change from country to country or from july to december

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4269 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 03:47:07 »
iri's way of life doesn't change from country to country or from july to december

Show Image

That tree trunk behind you - at a first glance I thought you'd grown a mohawk!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4270 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 04:56:33 »
Where are all the pretty females.....

Less Iri.. m0ar females..

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4271 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 08:56:46 »

Show Image

I like your trees.  And if you did have a tree mohawk, would you call it a motree or a treehawk?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline iri

« Reply #4272 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 10:09:51 »

Show Image

I like your trees.  And if you did have a tree mohawk, would you call it a motree or a treehawk?
Treehawk sounds fabulous haha

-Ray Bradbury

Offline intelli78

« Reply #4273 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:22:16 »
-
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 June 2016, 03:20:12 by intelli78 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4274 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:23:24 »
Nice one dude! That's a serious transformation!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline intelli78

« Reply #4275 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:25:05 »

Thank you bro  :D

Offline iri

« Reply #4276 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:25:53 »
I want to share an update with you guys. Earlier this year I noticed that I was getting a fat face and feeling unhealthy from too much laziness and junk food/salt consumption. I decided to eat healthier, less processed foods and work out more. I also decided to go through with something I had wanted for a long time: cosmetic and functional septorhinoplasty to straighten my nose and fix my breathing.

Result = looking and feeling better already. About 20 lbs lost.

March 2015 vs. Yesterday (cast still on) vs. Today (cast off)

Show Image

August 2015 vs. Today (1 week post-op). "Before" pic here is after about 10 lbs lost.

Show Image

You look MUCH better now. Not a convict anymore. And it's not the fat versus skinny difference. I don't see you looking too fat before.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline intelli78

« Reply #4277 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:28:23 »
You look MUCH better now. Not a convict anymore. And it's not the fat versus skinny difference. I don't see you looking too fat before.

Thanks dude. :)  Funny you say that, though, because people have regularly told me I look like I should be in Prison Break. I think it was the totally shaved head.

Offline iri

« Reply #4278 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:30:23 »

Thanks dude. :)  Funny you say that, though, because people have regularly told me I look like I should be in Prison Break. I think it was the totally shaved head.
No, that was your whole face.

Hope you also breathe easier now.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4279 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:30:30 »
congrats dude! i too am trying to live a healthier life.. but **** if it isnt hard
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #4280 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:31:45 »
I want to share an update with you guys. Earlier this year I noticed that I was getting a fat face and feeling unhealthy from too much laziness and junk food/salt consumption. I decided to eat healthier, less processed foods and work out more. I also decided to go through with something I had wanted for a long time: cosmetic and functional septorhinoplasty to straighten my nose and fix my breathing.

Show Image

August 2015 vs. Today (1 week post-op). "Before" pic here is after about 10 lbs lost.

Show Image

Looking good dude

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #4281 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:34:42 »
congrats dude! i too am trying to live a healthier life.. but **** if it isnt hard

stop ordering 5-pack Ben & Jerry's from PrimeNow :P

Offline intelli78

« Reply #4282 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:34:53 »

thanks man. It is hard and I stumbled a lot while improving. I think what helped me most was to constantly remind myself not to trade what I wanted right now (e.g., junk food, being lazy) for what I wanted the most.

Looking good dude

Thanks brotha.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #4283 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:35:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Good job man. It's tough getting the discipline to stick to a diet and a healthier lifestyle.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #4284 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:38:08 »

thanks man. It is hard and I stumbled a lot while improving. I think what helped me most was to constantly remind myself not to trade what I wanted right now (e.g., junk food, being lazy) for what I wanted the most.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
                                                    - Kate Moss
 :))

Offline intelli78

« Reply #4285 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:40:46 »
Good job man. It's tough getting the discipline to stick to a diet and a healthier lifestyle.

Thanks for the kind words BRO. :thumb:

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #4286 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:43:49 »
Good on ya, intelli. Inspirational stuff!

Grats on the change :)
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4287 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:52:23 »
Wow, congrats intelli!  I would not have ever said you needed to lose weight, but congrats on making a change you're happy with, and you (still) look great.  :-*

Offline intelli78

« Reply #4288 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 19:58:47 »
Wow, congrats intelli!  I would not have ever said you needed to lose weight, but congrats on making a change you're happy with, and you (still) look great.  :-*

Good on ya, intelli. Inspirational stuff!

Grats on the change :)

Thanks guys! :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4289 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 20:28:23 »

it was a moment of weakness ;-;

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #4290 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 20:53:18 »

stop ordering 5-pack Ben & Jerry's from PrimeNow :p

It's ok, just blame Amazon for making to too easy, imo.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4291 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 20:55:30 »

stop ordering 5-pack Ben & Jerry's from PrimeNow :p

It's ok, just blame Amazon for making to too easy, imo.

TOO damn easy

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4292 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:07:09 »

Shoulda had them make you less ugly while they were at it..

Just kidding , nice jaws..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4293 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:08:10 »

Shoulda had them make you less ugly while they were at it..

Show Image

Just kidding , nice jaws..
Show Image

god damn it, be nice

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4294 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:08:20 »

PrimeNow may contribute greatly to 'Murican obesity in the future..

THink about it, ,  now we don't even get the exercise of walking to the car.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4295 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:23:39 »
Got a hair cut and trimmed the beard.  Anyone to scared for me to post a pic?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4296 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:25:53 »

I am Ready...  goggles ON.. 

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4297 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:31:01 »

Show Image

120308-0

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4298 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:33:08 »

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

This is before the haircut, right?  :))
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4299 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:34:09 »

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

This is before the haircut, right?  :))

Thats after about 2 and a quarter inches off for split ends.  Was in surprisingly good shape considering my job and how long it has been since a trim.