Author Topic: Urgent250$ paypal/crypto to anyone who can help: How to improve my windows 11 PC  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Naweo

I want a PC expert to add me telegram/skype and do a session with me walking over how I can optimize my PC performance without sacrificing how I want to use it.

I work with finance and have many screens, but ever since I upgraded from windows 10 to 11, and I use many chrome/chromium/firefox/opera etc tabs, it gets quite laggy.

If anyone can help me solve this problem, I will do 50$ for the initial hourly consultation for help and 200$ for a significant improvement.

I made a post some months ago but it has become tempting for me to install windows 10, but I want to give it a shot to see if I can do software/hardware improvements to make my ways of using my PC functionable with windows 11.

Specs:

Windows 11 home x64
GTX 3070 Aorus
64 GB Vengeance ram, 3300 mhz
10700K CPU intel
Double radiator air cooling.
Fresh installed win 11. 4 motnhs ago on SSD.

Generally the PC is laggy when I open many tabs. i was consulted to try and split my work into as many different browsers as possible, though I have not found a keen way I can do this without having some serious issues, but something I can talk about.

Hope someone takes the task.

I would prefer a 1 hour shared-screen call so I can showcase my issues with someone.*

Below is a typical example: I have maybe 60 tabs of chromium open with strong specs. It takes my PC 15 seconds of "waiting to respond" to close down a simple tab:

https://i.gyazo.com/68e527fb5a5b660d1298e3b931fd7074.png

While my PC lags/jitters, task manager shows a 100% cpu usage named "system interrutps."

Thank you!

« Last Edit: Tue, 18 October 2022, 03:27:52 by Naweo »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: 100$ paypal/crypto to anyone who can help: How to improve my windows 11 PC
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 12:14:30 »
Ever considered downgrading again to Win10?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 12:15:21 »

This would be my last resort solution yes. I want to explore making it work with windows 11

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 12:19:30 »

This would be my last resort solution yes. I want to explore making it work with windows 11
Can you gather any output from task manager / resource monitor?

Offline Naweo

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 12:27:33 »

I attempted to open task manager, but for 2 minutes my mouse jittered in the general dicrection I was moving it constantly while it took 2 minutes to open task manager. This is when I have my normal amount of tabs open.

But generally I would have chromium at 30-40% CPU usage into a total of 70%, while sitting at 20/64 gb memory used.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 12:29:14 »

I attempted to open task manager, but for 2 minutes my mouse jittered in the general dicrection I was moving it constantly while it took 2 minutes to open task manager. This is when I have my normal amount of tabs open.

But generally I would have chromium at 30-40% CPU usage into a total of 70%, while sitting at 20/64 gb memory used.
Sounds really weird, I'm sadly booked for badminton coaching for 2 hours but if you haven't found anyone til then I'll take a look

Offline Naweo

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 12:30:25 »

Sounds really weird, I'm sadly booked for badminton coaching for 2 hours but if you haven't found anyone til then I'll take a look

PM me your contact, telegram/skype etc.

I have considered taking an empty SSD and reinstall windows 10 to do some kind of comparison but I dno.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
I would recommend updating your drivers manually, not via programs.
System Interrupts tells me either it's driver or hardware misbehaving.

Driver Verifier does exist in Windows, but if you don't know what you're doing it could be tricky.
I would suggest doing some reading on what the proper protocols are for verifying your drivers via windows - it's not hard btw, at least I don't remember it being very diffcult.

Another way to test if it's like a USB device, would be to unplug them one at a time, and see if the process dies down.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 October 2022, 14:58:01 by SBJ »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
10800K CPU intel

Generally the PC is laggy when I open many tabs.

Below is a typical example: I have maybe 60 tabs of chromium open with strong specs.

While my PC lags/jitters, task manager shows a 100% cpu usage named "system interrutps."
Don't need a session, you need a Bigger CPU.
Sure, you have ram but those tabs require processing. This goes double if any have video, playing or not, and ads. Everyone thinks it's all a ram issue, it's not.

Your fix, as mentioned multiple browsers, multiple windows, adblocking and for the love of all things holy, get rid of Chrome. Chromium, Brave, ANYTHING but Google Chrome. It's a massive memory and cpu hog, and then then load a ton of ads on top of it. As per my testing, Chrome uses twice the CPU as any other browser and that was 3 years ago, it's only gotten worse.

May also want to look up Chris Titus Tech on Youtube and look at his video about reducing Windows processes to bare minimum.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Naweo

10800K CPU intel

Generally the PC is laggy when I open many tabs.

Below is a typical example: I have maybe 60 tabs of chromium open with strong specs.

Don't need a session, you need a Bigger CPU.
Sure, you have ram but those tabs require processing. This goes double if any have video, playing or not, and ads. Everyone thinks it's all a ram issue, it's not.

Your fix, as mentioned multiple browsers, multiple windows, adblocking and for the love of all things holy, get rid of Chrome. Chromium, Brave, ANYTHING but Google Chrome. It's a massive memory and cpu hog, and then then load a ton of ads on top of it. As per my testing, Chrome uses twice the CPU as any other browser and that was 3 years ago, it's only gotten worse.

May also want to look up Chris Titus Tech on Youtube and look at his video about reducing Windows processes to bare minimum.

With my specs, what CPU should I upgrade to?

Or, if not possible, what hardware do I need to get a CPU that can improve performance?

Budget is limitless.

I want to keep in mind, that my previous PC with a 5900k CPU etc, windows 10, had LESS lag and I would be doing similar things. Many tabs etc.

If I want to recycle graphics card, case and my 64 GB DDR4 ram, I can build this PC:

https://i.gyazo.com/2e6f24bf6a3d4652df972ceac84ba488.png

Or should I go for something else? If yes, which parts can I recycle?^

Alternatively, I can build this PC:

https://i.gyazo.com/228d2720fe8fd4ea7e3dbb21f5f7c86e.png

Or should I go for the 32 core threaripper version? Just seems so hard to get compatible parts within a month where I live in Malta.

Is this the chris guy I should try?

« Last Edit: Tue, 18 October 2022, 04:48:27 by Naweo »

Offline Naweo

I also found a 3970X for $1200 (AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X Gen3 32 Core TRX4 CPU OEM), That seems cheap now? Maybe build a new PC with that. 32 cores should be useful.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 October 2022, 04:17:57 by Naweo »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
I feel like this is still driver related, you can also look into using an alternate browser to see if the performance increases. Upgrading a CPU just for this seems redundant as your current setup is quite beefy already

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
10700k is ample for the needs - I'm with @Signature on this, it is more than likely a bad driver or something else is pulling resources that shouldn't be. 

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Naweo

I feel like this is still driver related, you can also look into using an alternate browser to see if the performance increases. Upgrading a CPU just for this seems redundant as your current setup is quite beefy already

Is there a wholesome guide on how to check driver A-to-Z?

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
I would disable that "news/weather" widget at the bottom of the task bar. That was eating up my memory.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
10700k is ample for the needs - I'm with @Signature on this, it is more than likely a bad driver or something else is pulling resources that shouldn't be.
Maybe, probably a bit to do with Win11 as well, however it also depends a lot on what's also in those tabs. 
I've seen high end systems open over 400 tabs but then be brought down by as few as 20. The number of tabs is not a good metric to determine a problem.

Everyone wants to point at ram (or drivers) but they always ignore all the other resources involved. Chrome is a massive, massive pig, it may as well be an OS and it uses resources like one. Not just ram, not even just cpu, but also drive. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 October 2022, 15:16:04 by Leslieann »
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
With my specs, what CPU should I upgrade to?
Or, if not possible, what hardware do I need to get a CPU that can improve performance?
Budget is limitless.
I want to keep in mind, that my previous PC with a 5900k CPU etc, windows 10, had LESS lag and I would be doing similar things. Many tabs etc.
Or should I go for something else? If yes, which parts can I recycle?^
Or should I go for the 32 core threaripper version? Just seems so hard to get compatible parts within a month where I live in Malta.
Is this the chris guy I should try?
High core without efficiency cores would be better, however it's not entirely the issue (as mentioned in the post above). Webpages are not created equal.
12th gen has odd issues, frankly, I'd steer clear of it (same goes for Win11).
Threadripper is pointless at this point, go with Ryzen.

I wouldn't build new or upgrade, I'd be trying alternate drivers, stripping out the OS to bare bones, ditch Chrome, use adblock whenever possible, and if that still didn't work, try a reload and if that also failed, drop back to Win10. Only then would I consider buying anything. Exhaust your options first.

Yes, that's him, he has a tool/video that can strip out a lot of overhead.

I won't be surprised if it's a driver/Win11 issue  and resource limitation, the problem is with Win11 your options on fixing it are limited, you can't always revert to older drivers and even if you can they can conflict. I also think Chrome holds some of the blame here. Browsers have become operating systems, and while most at least try and keep resources low, Chrome just doesn't give a sh*t. Sometime it helps it run fast but when it goes bad it means things go real bad. I don't think Chrome is your primary issue, but it's a secondary one.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder

Is there a wholesome guide on how to check driver A-to-Z?
There's no way to cover everything and it's always changing.
This is why some computer shops will not hire people who were trained in a controlled environment, pc repair is anything but controlled.

Check file manager, task manager, system logs, app lists, run benchmarks, drive and ram checks... Sometimes it's just experience and sometimes it's just dumb luck that points you in the right direction.

More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline yui

just throwing that out there, Windows is overall rather bad at managing large amount of ram, and what you are experiencing does look a lot like it trying to page to disk to not use ram. it you only use stuff in browsers maybe give linux a go :) much better with ram usage and managing large amount of it.
and yeah a bad driver could silently eat up your cpu time through interrupts, but i would expect it to happen all the time not just when chrome is loaded, i whould recomend trying to unplug/disable any essential devices when it starts to act up until it goes back to normal, if it does then the last device you unplugged was the problem, otherwise try updating/reinstalling the drivers to the essential devices
and lastly, for the love of all that is good, use firefox when keeping more than 10 tabs open, i ran firefox with 479 tabs opens at all time on an i3 3110M laptop with 8GB of ram, on the same laptop chrome had trouble keeping up with 4 tabs, because chrome keeps all tabs loaded while firefox loads them as you use them.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Sniping

Yeah I don't think you needed to pay anyone to consult for this problem. Is it possible for you to just buy an M1/M2 device and use that? I think it'll address a lot of your issues.

Offline Findecanor

Is it possible for you to just buy an M1/M2 device and use that?
Then he's just going to ask for help to run Windows 11 under Parallels. ;)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
just throwing that out there, Windows is overall rather bad at managing large amount of ram, and what you are experiencing does look a lot like it trying to page to disk to not use ram. it you only use stuff in browsers maybe give linux a go :) much better with ram usage and managing large amount of it.
This is also a good point, very little in desktop software (Windows, Mac or Linux) really knows how to take advantage of anything more than 16gigs, let alone 64gigs, this is why so many games don't actually run any faster with 32 than 64 and some even get slower as you add ram.

Unless designed to really take advantage (Chrome is not) it primarily allows more things to run not more memory dedicated to one thing and when used this way you get increasingly diminishing returns.

Yeah I don't think you needed to pay anyone to consult for this problem. Is it possible for you to just buy an M1/M2 device and use that? I think it'll address a lot of your issues.
Both Mac and Linux do handle memory better, changing entire architecture just for some fixable problem is a bit drastic.

Not Naweo's problem but important to mention here.
There is a software limit and changing architecture won't necessarily help.
Given the same resources and identical tabs, if 200 tabs bogs Chrome on Windows, those same tabs will also bog down Chrome on Linux and Mac, the difference is how much memory it used before bogging and how much you will still have in reserve. Same pages, same number of pages, it's just a matter of how compressed the data is in memory. The system will still bog because browsers and OS can only cache so many files before the rest of the system bottlenecks. Everyone thinks throwing ram at the system is a solution but that's because most people are ram limited, once you solve that you run into another bottleneck and when you fix that you run into another... Most just never get beyond the first bottleneck. Most systems are actually pretty balanced at 16gigs of ram, so just adding ram may remove that bottleneck but you're only lifting the limit slightly before you hit another.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
naweo, you're trying to computer on HARD mode.   Tp4 still uses windows 7 on many machines, works FINE.

Tp4 might do window 11 in another 10 years.

Offline Naweo

naweo, you're trying to computer on HARD mode.   Tp4 still uses windows 7 on many machines, works FINE.

Tp4 might do window 11 in another 10 years.

It appears I might have to reinstall windows 10.

I upgraded to a ryzen 7900 with MSI z670 pro, and I received some help but I am asking here too:

I am getting a "you must recover/repair your pc" error, 0xc000000e error. I am currently trying to repair with a usb recovery tool.

If that does not work, is there any way I can get access to my windows install SSD? It would be crucial for my work.

In any way I just want to try and fix this SSD win 11 now so I can keep troubleshooting, and even if it means I can't access it on a new motherboard, then some other way.

After that I am HAPPY to go to windows 10 and never use the newest windows ever again.

I am thinking to reassemble all of it back to my old pc, old motherboard etc, and just make sure I can boot, screenshot and make a backup. Then get the extra hardware to do a fresh install on a fresh SSD in a totally new system. USB recovery failed, start repair doesnt work, and I dont see any other option.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 October 2022, 13:08:21 by Naweo »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 20 October 2022, 15:28:59 »

Honestly, i dont know why OP would even upgrade to windows 11 theres your mistake right there

Offline Naweo

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 20 October 2022, 16:37:48 »

Honestly, i dont know why OP would even upgrade to windows 11 theres your mistake right there

Right. I will begin a reinstall tomorrow. So far I am decided on win 10. I need good arguments to upgrade to win 11

Win 10 is supported till 2025. Win 12 is probably out by then.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
I am getting a "you must recover/repair your pc" error, 0xc000000e error. I am currently trying to repair with a usb recovery tool.

If that does not work, is there any way I can get access to my windows install SSD? It would be crucial for my work.

In any way I just want to try and fix this SSD win 11 now so I can keep troubleshooting, and even if it means I can't access it on a new motherboard, then some other way.

After that I am HAPPY to go to windows 10 and never use the newest windows ever again.

I am thinking to reassemble all of it back to my old pc, old motherboard etc, and just make sure I can boot, screenshot and make a backup. Then get the extra hardware to do a fresh install on a fresh SSD in a totally new system. USB recovery failed, start repair doesnt work, and I dont see any other option.
That error is like saying "error", it;s not precise to tell you anything.
If you already started a disk repair resist the urge to stop it because it often results in things being worse and having to restart it.

Once done, even if Windows fails to boot, a Linux disk will get you access to your files. Windows (any form) will get you in, but many files in your profile will be locked out.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 03:41:12 »

Do you actually have any arguments or reason to think this? Windows 11 is perfectly fine, and IMO, gets better with each update.
I have absolutely ZERO regrets upgrading. And have had 0 issues.

Offline Naweo

That error is like saying "error", it;s not precise to tell you anything.
If you already started a disk repair resist the urge to stop it because it often results in things being worse and having to restart it.

Once done, even if Windows fails to boot, a Linux disk will get you access to your files. Windows (any form) will get you in, but many files in your profile will be locked out.

I managed ti get access wiyh old hardware.

I am now deciding win 10 or 11...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 09:20:14 »
Windows 11 is perfectly fine, and IMO, gets better with each update.
If every update is a noticeable improvement it must have been pretty poor to start with :p
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 11:53:03 »
If every update is a noticeable improvement it must have been pretty poor to start with :p
Harsh, but true.

I don't think Win11 is starting off any worse than Win10 but it should have had a much easier path, it could/should have been a very easy and smooth transition, instead it's become one of the most heated rollouts of Windows ever due to the (pointless) hardware requirements and other problems in general.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 23 October 2022, 02:58:37 »
Well yeah, it wasn't great in the beginning, lots of things missing.
It definitely got released too early.
And every update isn't necessarily a noticeable improvement, some are more cosmetic in nature.
Honestly though - most people just regurgitate stuff they've heard, and haven't actually even tried the operating system.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Honestly though - most people just regurgitate stuff they've heard, and haven't actually even tried the operating system.
Yes, many people do just regurgitate, doesn't mean the problems are not real nor does it mean they are all that rare, especially with a user base as large as Windows has.

This is a tech oriented site, many of us work in tech and if you work with enough systems you'll probably run into the problem yourself even if something only effects less than 1% of users. Who do you think that 1% come to when there's a problem? I don't have to go looking for these issues, they come to me every time it has a major issue, often before it even hits the news cycle. It's almost like clockwork, a new update drops, my phone rings. Frankly, what you see and hear is really just the tip of the iceberg of what techs deal with on the regular, you're only hearing about the major show stoppers.

The worst part is most of these problems could have been caught with proper beta testing but that's something MS hasn't done since Win 8 when they switched from actual machines to virtual machines and the Insider Program, the latter of which they sometimes skip if they need to rush out a patch. When we say YOU are the beta tester, we really do mean it.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 23 October 2022, 15:02:46 »
Me no like rounded corners, centered taskbar, and simplified look. I prefer the AERO theme from windows 7. Windows 10 is a nice compromise of modernity and usability.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023