Author Topic: What would you do if stuck in a time loop like in Groundhog Day (The movie)  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Inspired by What are you watching?

So you're stuck in a time loop similar to Groundhog Day or Palm Springs where your day keeps restarting...
What do you do? What do you learn? How do you keep sane, F.Y.I.  both protagonists were stuck for almost 40 years?

Rules (as inspired by Palm Springs)
1. Your day resets when you die or fall asleep, stay awake 3 days, you get 3 days before reset. You die, you reset.
2. Pain still hurts... Get a concussion and forced to stay awake in I.C.U. for 3 days means 3 days of pain before you reset.
3. Injuries do not carry over however the brain remembers. Same with pain you inflict on others even if they don't remember, do you.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 21:40:59 by Leslieann »
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
This is among top 10 fantasies for most people.

Tp4 would first storm the C1A/FB1 headquarters, and find out information about aliens.

Then release those aliens from captivity,  they honor Tp4 with an award, and Tp4 asks them to upload Tp4 into a computer, and send said computer towards the Borg,

Tp4 would then use Borg tech to manipulate the multiverse, hop out of the ground hog loop, then proceed to do all the things super-villains do.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Tp4 would first storm the C1A/FB1 headquarters, and find out information about aliens.

You could also get caught and tortured using a combination of water boarding and sleep deprivation (baby shark blaring on repeat) which could be extended using various drugs...
You'd eventually fall asleep (or die) and get to try again but how much PTSD would you suffer in the process.

How many tries would it take, 30, 50, 500? You could spend years under torture only to find that the aliens can't do what you want before you fall asleep and reset everything again.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Haha, agreed, but this is TP4,  he wouldn't go in without a way to sui(ide himself before the torture,  painless, fast reset.

There's no way Tp4 could lose if we're doing modern g4m3r rules.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Oh I would just go crazy and live my life like a GTA protag. Just doing whatever I want at the slightest whim, since nothing matters and there's zero consequences.
Probably develop some God complex.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Oh I would just go crazy and live my life like a GTA protag. Just doing whatever I want at the slightest whim, since nothing matters and there's zero consequences.
Probably develop some God complex.

Yeah I would do the same as this, but it would be fun at first but I would lose my mind after a while, because whatever I do doesn't matter and eventually it would get really boring.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
If I only have one day to prepare?
- Find my ex and tell them just how much they hurt me
- (In the case I retain the skills I've gained in my loops) study the **** out of art, all the instruments I play, and crafts (Woodworking, metalworking, etc etc.)
- Bowl a perfect game of candlepin (Never been done in the entire history of the sport)
- Bowl enough perfect games to the point where I can do it consistently
- Commit a few cases of arson against people who deserve it.
- Bake the most delicious cake
- Befriend raccoons
- Become King of Raccoons
- Find someone to be my Raccoon Queen/Prince
- Invade England with a plane full of raccoons
- Unify Ireland with the Raccoons
and the rest is just hanging out with the raccoons until I get bored and end the loop
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
- (In the case I retain the skills I've gained in my loops) study the **** out of art, all the instruments I play, and crafts (Woodworking, metalworking, etc etc.)
- Bowl a perfect game of candlepin (Never been done in the entire history of the sport)
- Befriend raccoons
and the rest is just hanging out with the raccoons until I get bored and end the loop

Becoming "king of raccoons" does seem cool (Never would have thought out that lol)

If I could become a leader of an animal group I would become the King of Orcas, I could ride all across the ocean and attacks ships for fun. I Don't know how I would do it but it would be cool XD
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
- Befriend raccoons
There is no prep and everything in regards to others resets when you sleep.
So you could learn music and such and retain it, training animals would be fruitless because they would forget in the morning.

You have no control over when the loop ends, killing yourself just causes an instant reset. In both movies the protagonist was stuck for about 40 years before finding a way out and one did it without knowing. The assumption is you'll be there equally as long.

Oh, while there's no consequences on days you reset, on the day you jump out of the loop there is, and since you don't know what the trigger is to escape, you could get into real trouble. In Groundhog Day, Bill Murray had to make someone fall in love him but had he had robbed a liquor store that morning he'd end up charged with robbery the next day.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
- Befriend raccoons
You have no control over when the loop ends, killing yourself just causes an instant reset. In both movies the protagonist was stuck for about 40 years before finding a way out and one did it without knowing. The assumption is you'll be there equally as long.

Well assuming this is a finite universe, if a time-loop occurred, some control has to exist, because we're already assuming we are the nexus of the Loop.

So, it really comes down to which "movie" rules we're playing by.  If it's cheesy like movies, fall in love, then that's easy, focus on outlandish things which are not typical of human movie plots.

But if it's something random like swimming, then boooo

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Well assuming this is a finite universe, if a time-loop occurred, some control has to exist, because we're already assuming we are the nexus of the Loop.

So, it really comes down to which "movie" rules we're playing by.  If it's cheesy like movies, fall in love, then that's easy, focus on outlandish things which are not typical of human movie plots.

But if it's something random like swimming, then boooo 

The movie rules were stated in the original post.
The assumption is that it will take about 40 years to come across the trigger so something as simple as swimming isn't likely to do it.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
- Befriend raccoons
There is no prep and everything in regards to others resets when you sleep.
So you could learn music and such and retain it, training animals would be fruitless because they would forget in the morning.
While I can't train animals, I can definitely spend those 40 years learning exactly how to communicate with raccoons.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023