Author Topic: h0t after sodas  (Read 1921 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
h0t after sodas
« on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 14:39:22 »
NE feel like even after an ice cold soda, it feels even hotter ?

Super humid this week too.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
Re: h0t after sodas
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 14:48:42 »
NE feel like even after an ice cold soda, it feels even hotter ?

Super humid this week too.

Show Image

Yes because soda is sugar water and dehydrates you. Drink water :P
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 15:51:34 »
A couple of other possibilities;
* cold drinks make your body think you're cold which in turn stimulates it to heat yourself up (the opposite is also true; this is why they drink tea in many hot countries);
* if your stomach is getting irritated and (mildly) refluxing, you will feel very hot. You can even get hot this way if you're freezing cold otherwise.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 16:37:39 »
* cold drinks make your body think you're cold which in turn stimulates it to heat yourself up (the opposite is also true; this is why they drink tea in many hot countries);
* if your stomach is getting irritated and (mildly) refluxing, you will feel very hot. You can even get hot this way if you're freezing cold otherwise.
I doubt that first one. If I eat soup in the winter I legit gotta stand outside in shorts for a bit to cool off.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 03:09:54 »
I doubt that first one. If I eat soup in the winter I legit gotta stand outside in shorts for a bit to cool off.
Look it up. Hot drinks make you sweat and cool down, cold vessels restrict your blood flow and make you retain heat.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 03:13:58 »
Look it up. Hot drinks make you sweat and cool down, cold vessels restrict your blood flow and make you retain heat.
[/quote]

I drink ice cold water a lot, even in the winter here, and I don't feel the cold as much. Never knew that's was probably the reason. Quite interesting stuff.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline Robb0

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 06:37:10 »

I drink ice cold water a lot, even in the winter here, and I don't feel the cold as much. Never knew that's was probably the reason. Quite interesting stuff.
[/quote]

If you drink it's probably on a smaller scale yeah. I know that cold bath makes your core body temp rise really quick after, same with hot showers and cooling off.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 June 2023, 08:50:32 by Robb0 »
Other hobbies: gym, running(prepping for next year half-marathon).
Most of my sports equipments is from https://rununited.com/sport-equipment/