Author Topic: plate mounted uniqey silencing clips, available on MD!  (Read 6149 times)

Offline Giorgio

plate mounted uniqey silencing clips, available on MD!
« on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 03:05:05 »
 :thumb:

http://uniqey.cmail20.com/t/ViewEmail/r/27C11813B885687A2540EF23F30FEDED/6DB657C570CFD73340EE66FE10287772

Dear UNIQEY subscriber,

We are pleased to announce the QMX-clip for plate mounted MX switches. It features the same patent-pending technology for silencing down and upstrokes than its predecessor, enhanced with some nice new properties.

The cut-outs on the corners of the clip avoid interferences with screws sitting on top of the plate. Colorless material used for the dampening part allows for better illumination when used with RGB switches. We have also rethought the process of disassembling which is now easier than ever before.

The QMX-clip plate mount is debuting on Massdrop and will be available through more GMK vendors and the UNIQEY webshop soon.

In addition to our newsletter, we will also provide further information on our social media channels. It would be a pleasure to welcome you as a UNIQEY follower.

We are looking forward to an exciting time with more new products launching soon.

Have a great weekend!

The UNIQEY team

171704-0

171706-1
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 June 2017, 08:18:11 by Giorgio »

Offline schoolbus

Re: plate mounted uniqey silencing clips - available SOON!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 06:16:29 »
Yeah these have been hot and heavy on Massdrop for a few days. RIP Zealencios.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 07:32:37 »

thanks, I didn't know they were already on MD

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 14:14:36 »
I'd be happier if they moved FN key to the right position, or allowed full programming in their keyboards. Oh and of course would be nice if they started shipping to non master race countries :)
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline czarek

• FalbaTech
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 14:15:35 »

You don't live in Master Race country so MD is the only way you can get those things - GMK don't ship to Romanic (or rather non-Germanic) countries :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 June 2017, 14:17:09 by czarek »

Offline need

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 16:10:08 »
Have been resisting the urge to get zealancios for so long now... glad to know the battle can finally be over.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 03:48:20 »

You don't live in Master Race country so MD is the only way you can get those things - GMK don't ship to Romanic (or rather non-Germanic) countries :)

Yes they do. You need to contact them and they'll do it!

Offline Yuuki

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 03:54:54 »
So what are the differences between this and zealancios ?

Offline czarek

• FalbaTech
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 05:11:00 »

Yes they do. You need to contact them and they'll do it!

I did and they said they can't ship to Poland for legal reasons. When I asked them if they noticed it's no longer 1940 and this day and age we kinda live in United Europe they went silent :D

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 08:02:19 »

well, considering nobody has used the plate mounted version since they aren't out yet... the only difference we know of at this point is cost.

Offline Giorgio

Re: plate mounted uniqey silencing clips - available on massdrop!
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 08:08:10 »

well, considering nobody has used the plate mounted version since they aren't out yet... the only difference we know of at this point is cost.

there's a video review in the comments section of massdrop

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-sound-dampening-brackets/talk
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 June 2017, 08:14:25 by Giorgio »

Offline Auk

Re: plate mounted uniqey silencing clips - available on massdrop!
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 08:15:35 »
there's a video review in the comments section of massdrop

That review is just about combining Zealencios and O-rings, plus some other silencing efforts. It's not specifically QMX clips, but it's worth watching for anyone considering using O-rings and clips together.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 June 2017, 08:31:54 by Auk »

Offline schoolbus

Re: plate mounted uniqey silencing clips, available on MD!
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 10:13:52 »
it's probably safe to assume they're more or less identical to zealencios.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 10:18:34 »
Wouldn't these pop off if you tapped your desk or the keyboard with any force ?

Have uniqey tested that ?

Lets say you move your keyboard to the left and right,  and in picking it up. you drop it down 1 or 3 inches..

Then a few of the covers pop off,  then everytime you gotta take the caps off,  push the covers back into place, put the cap on.. 

I mean that'd be a super super hassle.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 11:02:46 »
Wouldn't these pop off if you tapped your desk or the keyboard with any force ?

Have uniqey tested that ?

Lets say you move your keyboard to the left and right,  and in picking it up. you drop it down 1 or 3 inches..

Then a few of the covers pop off,  then everytime you gotta take the caps off,  push the covers back into place, put the cap on.. 

I mean that'd be a super super hassle.

again, if they're anything like zealencios this shouldn't be a problem. It's almost too difficult to get them off if you want to remove them.

Offline BuIIseye

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 14:12:39 »
Hey,

I'm new here, so I cant post in groupbuy forum  :(. But im the iniciator of the groupbuy on computerbase for QMX-Clips.
I'm shipping to EU. At the moment we need only 5 selled sets to unlock the min. Price of 22,50€ excl. VAT

https://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1601148

Offline BuIIseye

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 15:07:41 »
Yes thats correct :)
btw MOQ is nearly reached  ;D, so i unlocked the lowest price for all :)

Offline BuIIseye

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 11:52:20 »
MOQ 100 reached. ORdering possible until 26.07 :thumb:

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 12:15:02 »
MOQ 100 reached. ORdering possible until 26.07 :thumb:

I've ordered on massdrop :-(

Offline BuIIseye

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 13:49:02 »
Just one or more clips?

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 04:03:58 »
Anybody every tried these with costar stabilizers, they don't quite fit for me and I was wondering how to modify the stabilizer wire so that they could fit.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 08:39:51 »
Anybody every tried these with costar stabilizers, they don't quite fit for me and I was wondering how to modify the stabilizer wire so that they could fit.
I briefly tried and IIRC it sufficed to put a piece of tape either on the wire, or on the clip corner in most cases.

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 08:41:27 »
I briefly tried and IIRC it sufficed to put a piece of tape either on the wire, or on the clip corner in most cases.

I don't understand what a piece of tape would do. I was thinking remove material either from the clip or bent the wire.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 09:05:00 »
The wire only slightly rattled on bottoming out; the tape damped this. It didn't work in all cases, longer stabilized keys were different from shorter, but it sufficed on my keyboard.

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 11:18:56 »
The wire only slightly rattled on bottoming out; the tape damped this. It didn't work in all cases, longer stabilized keys were different from shorter, but it sufficed on my keyboard.

For me the problem is the wire hinders bottoming out or even coming close to bottoming out, so basically if I lightly press the button, I have no stroke registered.

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 14:34:07 »
Costar wires usually have a bend in the middle to accommodate the switch, but there are actually two types: One with the bend at 90 degrees to the wire hooks and one with the bend at 180 degrees.

If you get the 90 degree type the spacing when bottoming out is extremely tight.  You must have an MX switch with the LED-mounting side on the same side as the wire and no LED in it.  Non-standard switches might not work at all.  I wouldn't be surprised if a clip like this also caused problems.

But if you have a wire with the bend at 180 degrees from the hooks there really shouldn't be any problem at all.  The only really downsize to these is that the wire can hit the plate lightly just as the switch returns to position on release and I think that's what davkol was talking about.

(Honestly I kind of wish somebody make a wire with the bend at 135 degrees from the hooks and it wouldn't have either of these problems...)

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 12:32:21 »
Costar wires usually have a bend in the middle to accommodate the switch, but there are actually two types: One with the bend at 90 degrees to the wire hooks and one with the bend at 180 degrees.

If you get the 90 degree type the spacing when bottoming out is extremely tight.  You must have an MX switch with the LED-mounting side on the same side as the wire and no LED in it.  Non-standard switches might not work at all.  I wouldn't be surprised if a clip like this also caused problems.

But if you have a wire with the bend at 180 degrees from the hooks there really shouldn't be any problem at all.  The only really downsize to these is that the wire can hit the plate lightly just as the switch returns to position on release and I think that's what davkol was talking about.

(Honestly I kind of wish somebody make a wire with the bend at 135 degrees from the hooks and it wouldn't have either of these problems...)

Oh ok, I didn't even know about there being two different wire types.
Mine are 90 degrees as you suspected. I actually tried to modify the angle to be something between the two extremes, but I get very inconsistent results, sadly. So now I just dremeled bits of the QMX clips off, such that I can bottom out (or nearly, which is enough for normal use).

Offline Riverman

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 14:45:42 »
I clipped some material off of the front and corners of my QMX clips so I could install them on a Filco Majestouch.  The clips don't interfere with the stabilizers at all anymore, and they seem to stay on just fine.  I've also put them on a Cherry G80-3000, a pair of Varmilo keyboards VA-108s, and a Mistel Sleeker, but all of those use Cherry-style stabilizers.  I've even pulled all of them off of a couple of those keyboards to put on others.  A few of the clips broke, but overall, they're sturdy enough to survive a couple of installations.