Author Topic: Wireless Mice.  (Read 2578 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Wireless Mice.
« on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 17:25:30 »
Hand Cancer ??   

Didn't even think about it until 2 days later..

These new Logi mice are pretty powerful transmitters

This mouse can really mess up any 2.4ghz wifi connection.. if you're using it close by.

Now we know how logitech claims it POWERS THROUGH,  by fkin' up the other devices.. hahahahaha

Just tested with my cellphone

connected to my 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz

I could get 100Mb down 135Mb up

If I put the mouse and receiver next to the phone, and make really fast circles,    10Mb down, 40Mb up.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Wireless Mice.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 17:08:48 »
I've always been afraid of wireless mice because it'd be so easy for someone to intercept the signal and see what directions I'm pointing in.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 18:28:18 »
I've always been afraid of wireless mice because it'd be so easy for someone to intercept the signal and see what directions I'm pointing in.
Much more likely to happen on a keyboard (which actually is a known threat made popular late last year), you need to much feedback for a mouse to tell you much, such as what you are looking at or operating system. Without knowing anything about the system, seeing mouse movements does little, and all it would take to throw it off is mouse acceleration in the game, browser or OS itself and the signal would be messed with. It's just too many variables.

As for radiation, the output of a mouse is magnitudes below what you would find on a cell phone.

GSM cell phone ------ 500-1000mw
wifi Router ----------- 200mw
30meter bluetooth --- 100mw
Laptop wifi ----------- 32mw
wireless mouse ------ 2.5mw
20meter bluetooth -- 2.5mw

Now if we start talking about the wireless charging for Logitech, then the numbers change dramatically. It not only has to replace power being removed from the mouse, but charge it, and overcome the poor efficiency of wireless power transmission. This is kind of a stab in the dark based on what i know about the G900, but it appears to need about 23.3mw just to operate with full lighting, add in charging and it's probably double, now add in the inefficiencies of wireless power transmission and you are (again, wild speculation and I'm not even close to an expert on any of this) you are in the neighborhood of 100-150mw , possibly closer to 200. Which is within reach of two USB 2.0 ports with a little room to spare. Like I said, I'm not expert on any of this, and in fact could be really really far off.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 20:46:35 »
ITT: Tp buys wireless vibrating mouse. Tp places vibrating mouse under his nutsack. Tp ends up going to doctor and doctor says tp has ball cancer. Tp tries to warn the world in his own way. Tp ends up creating conspircy.  The end.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 02:17:19 »
Wireless mice suck.

But no cancer.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 09:26:35 »
Wireless mice suck.

But no cancer.
Have they done studies on it?
Would be interesting to read.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 11:05:57 »
Wireless mice suck.

But no cancer.

Don't believe chyros on cancer..

he's clearly a spy working with big pharma to muddle public information on carcinogenic substances and behaviors..

/I'm on to you Chyros..

/Sniff...

hahahahaha

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 12:38:12 »
Wireless mice suck.

But no cancer.

Don't believe chyros on cancer..

he's clearly a spy working with big pharma to muddle public information on carcinogenic substances and behaviors..

/I'm on to you Chyros..

/Sniff...

hahahahaha
Heh, being an organic chemist, I know a LOT about the inner workings of pharmaceutical companies, actually. Basically, most pharma companies are about as evil as Hitler.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 16:34:54 »
Heh, being an organic chemist, I know a LOT about the inner workings of pharmaceutical companies, actually. Basically, most pharma companies are about as evil as Hitler.

Would you say it's PURE evil,   or could it be that the way the development cost requirements are structured,  they really can not afford to lose. So, whatever they invest into must prevail even if better more ethical/effective/humane/safe alternatives are discovered before their roll out.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 17:31:55 »
Wireless mice suck.

But no cancer.

Just based on the power levels, you're getting dosed by everything around you more than the wireless mouse.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 17:33:15 »
Wireless mice suck.

But no cancer.

Just based on the power levels, you're getting dosed by everything around you more than the wireless mouse.

i've noticed skipping and drifting a few times on my wireless g403 already, especially near low charge..

Clearly this is no match for wired technology..

Low radiation..  no drift.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 17:57:41 »

Would you say it's PURE evil,   or could it be that the way the development cost requirements are structured,  they really can not afford to lose. So, whatever they invest into must prevail even if better more ethical/effective/humane/safe alternatives are discovered before their roll out.
It's a bit of that as well, but there's also very obvious things they do that actually let people die, or even kill them.