Author Topic: Itchy feet - So went for a night ride  (Read 3923 times)

Offline roaduck

Itchy feet - So went for a night ride
« on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 19:08:00 »

Here`s my current cheapie cordless keyboard too.

Tonight I got my tiny Chinese folding E-bike out because I was bored.
It was 10.30 pm but I needed to get out.
I`ve got a cheapie folding Windgoo B3 sit-on electric scooter that is 30 lbs and does 25 mph and has a full speed range of about ten miles.
It`s been under the stairs for months because the battery and brake caliper was knackered; now fixed at last.
Even though it was 2 degrees with windchill I took it for a night blast.

I also put a whacky light on the front so I got noticed and could see where I was going.
It`s a SF2 30 watt LEP White LED Flashlight which is a cheap laser torch.
It has a highly collimated narrow beam that is only 300 lumens but goes for 1/3 of a mile - it`s mad.
The beam throw for a single 21700 lithium battery 6" torch is unreal - it is really bright for 550 metres or over 1800 feet !
Can`t wait for the weather to warm up - I love night rides.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2023, 19:56:37 by roaduck »
BS : IBM 1391406
Other keyboards - don\'t ask

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Itchy feet - So went for a night ride
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 22:59:01 »
ooooooo... e-bike , yet another thing tp4 can spend infinite $ on.

Offline roaduck

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 08:12:52 »
My e-bike is only a cheapie one which will do for going for little shops or to see local...ish friends.
E-bikes and electric cars still have no decent range are too heavy and inefficient and the proprietary batteries are much too expensive.
I can`t drive because of illness and I don`t want a disability scooter.
I have a big Batavus Personal Dutchie cargo bike with no motor on it.
It`s all about the least cost and compromises to me tp4tissue.
BS : IBM 1391406
Other keyboards - don\'t ask

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 12:48:26 »
y'all know when your hand gets itchy and you want to bite it

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 13:31:58 »
y'all know when your hand gets itchy and you want to bite it

is eating oneself cannibalism ?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 11:43:25 »
What in Jesus **** is that infernal contraption?! Looks like a toddler bike ran into a hometrainer. Not suitable for transport D: .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 12:00:28 »
What in Jesus **** is that infernal contraption?! Looks like a toddler bike ran into a hometrainer. Not suitable for transport D: .

THIS IS THE FUTURE chyros.  it's very cool

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 12:21:27 »

Not suitable for transport

Almost none of the places where I have lived in my life were flat.
Pedaling a bicycle in areas where hills tens of meters high are common is daunting.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 03:24:02 »

Pedaling a bicycle in areas where hills tens of meters high are common is daunting.
I agree, all places need to be flat. Flatten everything, it's the only way.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 06:07:06 »
I can`t drive because of illness and I don`t want a disability scooter.
I feel you. Right now, I'd have to use a roller walker to walk any moderate distance ... but I can pedal a bicycle just fine as long as I don't have to pedal too much uphill.

Is your e-bike foldable, to save space or be able to bring on public transport?

That's where an e-bike's motor-assist helps.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 April 2023, 02:43:14 by Findecanor »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 08:15:13 »

all places need to be flat.

Oh, I disagree with that. A flat Earth would be problematic (eg what holds the oceans at the edges?).

But having lived through a flood in my late 20s while living in flat Florida (where I did have a bike) I have always chosen to live on hills. Currently, my house is on a street about halfway up a small hill that rises about 15 meters over about 200 meters horizontal.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 11:14:54 »
Person rides bike, posts report on the Internet, hilarity ensures with an added rectal explosion.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 17:55:33 »
What the... is this a real thing? Is it custom made "bike" or actual retail item?
I cannot even imagine myself sitting or riding this thing...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 08:28:03 »

Oh, I disagree with that. A flat Earth would be problematic (eg what holds the oceans at the edges?).

But having lived through a flood in my late 20s while living in flat Florida (where I did have a bike) I have always chosen to live on hills. Currently, my house is on a street about halfway up a small hill that rises about 15 meters over about 200 meters horizontal.
Just flatten all the living places. Elevation is evil D: .

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 08:57:18 »

Elevation is evil

Global warming may prove you wrong.
For over 90% of my life I have lived about 1000 feet = 300 meters above sea level and that is what feels "normal" to me.

Offline iri

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 17:24:29 »
Before the rising sea swallows the Netherlands, they should be given back to their rightful owner, the Kingdom of Spain!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 18:31:25 »
I ignored this thread for so long, but seeing it pop back to the top of off topic so many times finally got me to cave. I'll say, wasn't expecting whatever this is :P

Sounds like a skill issue. As a Mass native it's either you bike uphill both ways or you wait for the hills to move.
Before the rising sea swallows the Netherlands, they should be given back to their rightful owner, the Kingdom of Spain!

Nah give 'em to Denmark. It'd be funny :P

Just flatten all the living places. Elevation is evil D: .

If elevation is evil then my five foot five ass must've been a saint in a past life.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 18:10:57 »
Our national anthem still praises the king of Spain D: . It's a bit outdated >.> .

Anyway I'm all for getting annexed by Spain again if we can buy jamon for domestic rather than import prices :D .

I ignored this thread for so long, but seeing it pop back to the top of off topic so many times finally got me to cave. I'll say, wasn't expecting whatever this is :P

Sounds like a skill issue. As a Mass native it's either you bike uphill both ways or you wait for the hills to move.

Nah give 'em to Denmark. It'd be funny :P
Nothing would change tbh. The Danes are basically the same as the Dutch except more alcoholic and with a weirder accent.

If elevation is evil then my five foot five ass must've been a saint in a past life.
I always found it tronic that a country in which everything is so big that that the people are so small xD .

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 20:13:40 »
I always found it tronic that a country in which everything is so big that that the people are so small xD .
I'm a third gen immigrant tho, my family has basically no roots here. I blame my height exclusively on the french half of my family, they're the short ones. The irish/italian side were all 6 foot (about 2 meters if you're of that persuasion.) So once again I can blame the french for all my problems.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 04:12:25 »
I'm a third gen immigrant tho, my family has basically no roots here. I blame my height exclusively on the french half of my family, they're the short ones. The irish/italian side were all 6 foot (about 2 meters if you're of that persuasion.) So once again I can blame the french for all my problems.
6 feet is nowhere near 2 m :p . I'm 6 foot 1 inch and that's 1.86 :p . Anyway the Italians are very short in my experience too, probably shorter than the French I'd say.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 09:50:52 »
6 feet is nowhere near 2 m :p . I'm 6 foot 1 inch and that's 1.86
86 is closer to 100 than it is to 0. Point is it's the French half of my family that is to blame so I will blame the French.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 15 April 2023, 05:32:42 »
6 feet is nowhere near 2 m :p . I'm 6 foot 1 inch and that's 1.86
86 is closer to 100 than it is to 0. Point is it's the French half of my family that is to blame so I will blame the French.
Your french half should be able to deal with Metric though! :p