Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4208877 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #22900 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 18:04:50 »
Installing the Creators Update right now. RIP my PC :-X

edit - That was interesting. Microsoft installed One Drive. Am I missing something here?
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 May 2017, 20:12:23 by csmertx »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22901 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 21:02:21 »

I think my desktop is doing that now.

For some reason my laptop won't update the big OS updates it tries and fails over and over. I've been considering trying a clean install with an updated disk.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22902 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 21:32:35 »

For some reason my laptop won't update the big OS updates it tries and fails over and over. I've been considering trying a clean install with an updated disk.

There were a few times I had to check log files to find out why an update failed (especially win7 -> win10) but since the Anniversary Update, thankfully, no update failing

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22903 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 21:35:07 »

There were a few times I had to check log files to find out why an update failed (especially win7 -> win10) but since the Anniversary Update, thankfully, no update failing

My OLD dell laptop isn't officially supported but I got Windows 10 installed fine and regular updates work fine but the system updates stopped working a while ago. I've even tried doing an in place upgrade using an updated disk and it doesn't work.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22904 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 21:56:04 »
Some people in this community like to play both sides of the fence, sucks when you thought they were good people too

Depends which fence you are talking about.

A few weeks ago I dug holes and poured concrete to add a few fence posts to a family member's fence. Technically I was on both sides of the fence :eek:

But truthfully I really am a bad person, so my first sentence is kinda null.

I erected a fence once.  It wasn't very strong and eventually fell down.

Later on I made a gate from scratch.  It was very nice.  For all I know it might still be there, but I live somewhere else now and forgot to take it with me.

Now I live in a world without gates.  But that is mainly because half the front wall fell down so there's nothing to attach the gate to.

I put the posts in to reinforce a section in which the previous owners skimped a bit by omitting a few posts. One hurricane and 3m of that picket fence would have been in the neighbor's yard :/. I guess the previous owners trained dogs so they needed a tall fence. The person from my family that lives there now trains plants and feels that the fence will keep away the rabbits and armadillos. For the horde.

Wait, half the front wall fell down? Like a decorative wall or maybe a retention wall? Or perhaps a fence/wall thing?

The fence I built was supposed to contain two rottweilers.  They didn't seem to notice how flimsy it was.

One hurricane and most fences would be bye-bye.

At least half the houses where I live are missing the front wall (between the garden and the footpath).  It is (was) an older established area built in the 60s and 70s, and I guess the walls just became unstable and collapsed.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22905 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 21:56:22 »
I think my windows install is corrupted... things are just not working all of a sudden...

Did a malware scan and virus scan all seems clear.

Nope, that's how Windows works normally.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22906 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 22:14:29 »
168289-0

RIP lunch time game.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22907 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 22:17:38 »
Oh, no, wait, I can still play single player!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22909 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 10:16:26 »
The news is full of worms

Offline dante

« Reply #22910 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 10:20:04 »
My laptop chiclet keyboard has chattering. WTF?

Offline dante

« Reply #22911 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 16:33:07 »
I went to Whole Foods for my Tofu; I really need to learn how to make it properly for $aving$.

Anyway I walk past the hot food dept. where you can order sandwiches and such.  They now have calorie content on everything.

Poutine was around 900 cals while a black bean burger was 1450!!!

Damn that better be a good Veggie burger.  Did they incorporate chunks of plant fat in it?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22912 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 18:08:19 »
I went to Whole Foods for my Tofu; I really need to learn how to make it properly for $aving$.

Anyway I walk past the hot food dept. where you can order sandwiches and such.  They now have calorie content on everything.

Damn that better be a good Veggie burger.  Did they incorporate chunks of plant fat in it?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #22913 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 18:32:07 »

(Attachment Link)

Whenever Tp4 sees intial D photos..   Tp4 can hear initial d music playing in his head..

[/youtube]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22914 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 19:02:09 »

Pretty much All prepared vegan fast-foods are just as un-healthy as non-vegan food..

So....  it's more humane, but it ends there.

Offline dante

« Reply #22915 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 20:24:43 »
I think White Radish Kimchi has usurped standard red chili Kimchi as my favorite...

« Last Edit: Sat, 13 May 2017, 20:29:40 by dante »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22916 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 21:03:57 »
I think White Radish Kimchi has usurped standard red chili Kimchi as my favorite...

Show Image

Kimchi + chicken nuggets..

Offline dante

« Reply #22917 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 19:04:04 »

Show Image

Hmm...  White Radish Kimchi?  I had such a bad episode the last time I tried binging on red chili cabbage kimchi that I gave it up.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22918 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 05:23:41 »

Show Image

Hmm...  White Radish Kimchi?  I had such a bad episode the last time I tried binging on red chili cabbage kimchi that I gave it up.
The key to enjoying most things is moderation.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22919 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 14:08:26 »
Carpenter ants made a 'chamber' in the gap of a window that is hardly ever opened.. now I need to find the source.. fml. I need to move back to the city

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22920 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:13:03 »
Carpenter ants made a 'chamber' in the gap of a window that is hardly ever opened.. now I need to find the source.. fml. I need to move back to the city

just get some detective ants to track them down.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22921 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:17:42 »

Nah, no budget for an exterminator, unfortunately. I guess it means there's a leaky pipe somewhere too. dang

edit - Nope. They got in through the weep hole lol
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:35:52 by csmertx »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22922 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 18:35:17 »

Nah, no budget for an exterminator, unfortunately. I guess it means there's a leaky pipe somewhere too. dang

leaky pipes are a pita. time to dig a well and outhouse.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22923 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 19:16:34 »

Forget the house..

Live in the woods..  p00 anywhere u like. .

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22924 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 19:38:36 »

Forget the house..

Weep holes should come with little tiny screens. Someone make it so!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22925 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 20:02:14 »

[/quote]

Pretty sure they don't do it so it doesn't flood your house in case of clogs.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22926 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 20:19:08 »

Pretty sure they don't do it so it doesn't flood your house in case of clogs.
[/quote]

Floods and ants are no bueno

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22927 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 22:02:48 »

Forget the house..

But don't forget where you've been so you don't step in it when looking for a good spot next time.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22928 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 22:13:34 »

Forget the house..

But don't forget where you've been so you don't step in it when looking for a good spot next time.

dang

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22929 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 13:45:33 »
My work backup hard drive just clicked itself to death....I didn't know a hard drive could die so loudly.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #22930 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 14:03:16 »
My work backup hard drive just clicked itself to death....I didn't know a hard drive could die so loudly.

Thank you for reminding me to make backups of my stuff. I really don't want to lose my massive music library.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22931 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 14:16:06 »

Thank you for reminding me to make backups of my stuff. I really don't want to lose my massive music library.
There's about 700-800Gbs on this drive and it is 5 or 6 years old. I should have an off site backup of at leat 90% of it.

But it was also a nightly backup drive for my OS drive.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22932 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 14:55:43 »

There's about 700-800Gbs on this drive and it is 5 or 6 years old. I should have an off site backup of at leat 90% of it.

sure sure.. music... all music..

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #22933 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:51:14 »

only other thing i really keep on my pc is games. everything else i stream.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:55:09 by gnmar2723 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22934 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 16:15:30 »

oh I,c   You're the subscriber base for Premium pr0nhub ..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22935 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 16:56:51 »

I should seriously consider some local storage server options. Before my drive bellies up as well

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22936 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 16:59:13 »

I should seriously consider some local storage server options. Before my drive bellies up as well

why would u guys pay for offsite..  how much stuff do you have which would make that service more cost effective than buying more drives.

Tp4 haz over 50TB full backup now..a little more than 100TB of drives and all of that is onsite

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22937 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:01:42 »

why would u guys pay for offsite..  how much stuff do you have which would make that service more cost effective than buying more drives.

Tp4 haz over 50TB full backup now..a little more than 100TB of drives and all of that is onsite

what if your basement burns down

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22938 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:04:05 »

Hrrrmmm.. how much are halon systems..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22939 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:06:41 »

build server rack out of old fireproof safe. DIY AS ****, OCEANS 11 AS ****, SAFE AS ****

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22940 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:09:29 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 12:55:49 by alienman82 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22941 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:12:13 »

build server rack out of old fireproof safe. DIY AS ****, OCEANS 11 AS ****, SAFE AS ****

I think a Co2 system with some solenoid valves would be interesting..  But, DIY, it'd never pass inspection.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22942 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:21:02 »

I think a Co2 system with some solenoid valves would be interesting..  But, DIY, it'd never pass inspection.

Just be careful with co2 fire suppression systems and basements.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22943 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:22:06 »

How much does just the basement cost? Asking for a friend..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22944 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:22:11 »

Yea.. could leak.. Tp4 could fall asleep and never wake up..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22945 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:39:12 »

How much does just the basement cost? Asking for a friend..

Although there is an inital cost... a basement is more than just that, it is an investment in a way of life... in that way, a basement is priceless

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22946 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:53:20 »

Although there is an inital cost... a basement is more than just that, it is an investment in a way of life... in that way, a basement is priceless

Idk how much a basement cost..   but when i fixed it up, material cost couple thousand.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #22947 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 21:19:56 »
means of productions still aint been seized by the workers
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22948 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 13:48:59 »
When the IT Admin remotes into your PC without warning....

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22949 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 15:24:54 »
When the IT Admin remotes into your PC without warning....

Yikes. How did you find out?