Author Topic: Australian staying in Minnesota  (Read 2037 times)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Australian staying in Minnesota
« on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 17:00:20 »
just found out that I'll be flying to minneapolis for like 1.5 weeks for work

my "cold" is at around 15C. seeing as it's March now, I'm sure it will be pretty chilly 

my only insight into life there is from watching Fargo

so yeah I probably won't have much time to do much that isn't working or sleeping, but it would be a same if I didn't make use of it somehow. any ideas?

any local craft beer there?

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
Re: Australian staying in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 15:23:59 »

my "cold" is at around 15C. seeing as it's March now, I'm sure it will be pretty chilly 

so yeah I probably won't have much time to do much that isn't working or sleeping, but it would be a same if I didn't make use of it somehow. any ideas?

Just stay clear of the crime gangs and anyone named Lorne Malvo.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Australian staying in Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 15:27:15 »

Message hoff!

Ps-hes not there, I'm just saying Wisconsin is about the same place :p

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 16:07:07 »

I went to college in St. Paul, right across the river from Minneapolis.  The Twin Cities are great!  The Walker Art Center is a really cool building and has some great art.  If you are into music, check out 'First Avenue.'  It's where Prince got his start.  Atmosphere is a local hiphop group that's fairly well known.  They are playing on the 10th and are worth checking out.

Summit and Surly Brewing are two that I know of and can vouch for.  Surly is especially good.  You can check out more at: http://mnbeer.com .

City Pages is the Twin Cities' weekly rag and can tell you a lot more about what's going on: http://www.citypages.com .  Looks like there's Drag Queen Bingo on Wednesdays...  Check out more on: http://www.minneapolis.org/calendar/

Let me know if you have any particular questions.  Despite it being cold this time of year, there's still lots going on!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 01:51:49 »
Tell us how 'Murican females stack up gainst' all them skinny Australian females.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 02:00:28 »
nah aussies are still like 25th fattest country in the world. personally i can't wait to try all the fast food places that we don't have down here

thanks for the tips MaNiFeX, i'll try to check some of them out

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 02:20:20 »
nah aussies are still like 25th fattest country in the world. personally i can't wait to try all the fast food places that we don't have down here

Popeyes fried chicken

Gotta go slightly after lunch time,  that's when they have the freshest chicken..

If you want even more fresh, see if there's a wait for spicy,  because if they didn't make a spicy batch , they'd have to make them up just for you..

If there's no wait for spicy,  just get the regular (mild)..

Don't forget the biscuits and Gravy and cajun rice..  You must try all 3

DO NOT get breasts..   if you get a meal..  ask for Thigh substitution for all breasts..

Chicken breast is very dry and in general, doesn't fry well.. even if the thigh is less meat per dollar... the Thigh is much tastier..

Also,  Mardigras Mustard dipping sauce..  it's really good, gotta have it..

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 02:27:25 »

Popeyes fried chicken

Gotta go slightly after lunch time,  that's when they have the freshest chicken..

If you want even more fresh, see if there's a wait for spicy,  because if they didn't make a spicy batch , they'd have to make them up just for you..

DO NOT get breasts..   if you get a meal..  ask for Thigh substitution for all breasts..

Chicken breast is very dry and in general, doesn't fry well.. even if the thigh is less meat per dollar... the Thigh is much tastier..

ugh you butthole I'm coming home late from work and I'm starving, you can't say stuff like that

I am more of a burger guy though. need to try 5 guys, white castle, and in n out, if they're around

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 02:32:11 »

Popeyes fried chicken

ugh you butthole I'm coming home late from work and I'm starving, you can't say stuff like that

I am more of a burger guy though. need to try 5 guys, white castle, and in n out, if they're around

well,  White castle for sure..   try their onion rings..  always get cheese on the burgers..

5guys is a recent - fad - type hipster restaurant... IMHO it's not as good as people make it out to be..

Chipotle and Qdoba are new too, but they're pretty solid americanized taco/burito

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 03:23:36 »

If you really want to experience winter head to Houghton MI, it's about 4hr from Duluth and we're at 6.3 meters of snowfall so far this season.

We also have good craft beer! http://kbc.beer/
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 03:35:40 »

If you really want to experience winter head to Houghton MI, it's about 4hr from Duluth and we're at 6.3 meters of snowfall so far this season.

We also have good craft beer! http://kbc.beer/

i wish i had the time/means to go interstate, cos places like that look so cosy

i've never dealt with more than 1cm of snow btw so i'd probably not be prepared lol

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 15:41:37 »

No worries, man!  Some insider **** here: find some 'fried cheese curds.'  It's a specialty/delicacy in the area.  As far as fast food goes, In n Out are just in Cali and West Coast, I think.  Definitely try out a Carl's Jr., though.  'Taco John's' is OK, too, and local to the Twin Cities.   I went to Macalester College, so if you are in the St. Paul area, check out the 'St. Claire Grill.'  That place is the bomb!!!

Also, I forgot to mention Sex World.  24hr Adult Superstore in downtown Minneapolis.  With going just to go.  They also sell 'whipped cream cartridges' (whippets) and have live striptease booths that you can jerk off in, if that's your bag.

Per American hotties, check out the University of Minnesota strip, they have lots of bars/clubs there and lots of blondes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 15:43:30 »

No worries, man!  Some insider **** here: find some 'fried cheese curds.'  It's a specialty/delicacy in the area.  As far as fast food goes, In n Out are just in Cali and West Coast, I think.  Definitely try out a Carl's Jr., though.  'Taco John's' is OK, too, and local to the Twin Cities.   I went to Macalester College, so if you are in the St. Paul area, check out the 'St. Claire Grill.'  That place is the bomb!!!

Also, I forgot to mention Sex World.  24hr Adult Superstore in downtown Minneapolis.  With going just to go.  They also sell 'whipped cream cartridges' (whippets) and have live striptease booths that you can jerk off in, if that's your bag.

Per American hotties, check out the University of Minnesota strip, they have lots of bars/clubs there and lots of blondes.

MaNiFex_  Xpert Sex Tourist.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 16:58:07 »

MaNiFex_  Xpert Sex Tourist.

Well...  In a previous life, I was into...  never mind. You can just call me MaNiSeX.