Author Topic: The "What happened to X person?" Thread  (Read 101016 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: The "What happened to X person?" Thread
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 20:08:13 »
skcheng is literally saving my face. This tooth infection (3rd time) is a result of **** treatment.

Even though he not GH'n, he still looks out for me. <3

I miss him.  He was always a cool dude. 

And tooth infections are not something to **** around with.

I'm ready to just drive 1.5 hours to go to him. I'll tell him he is missed.

And then there will be cake.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 20:09:59 »
And then there will be cake.

inb4 portal joke
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #352 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 20:35:06 »
What happened to that old guy? I forget his name but he was a chill bloke, although always mentioned he was an old gimmer
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 02:50:41 »
What happened to that old guy? I forget his name but he was a chill bloke, although always mentioned he was an old gimmer

Mr fohat? he is still here expressing his opinions in different threads :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 03:42:30 »

He is most definitely still here, sagely handing out technical advice.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 07:53:12 »

Thanks for your vote of support. After you pointed out that I was on 6K posts (I hadn't noticed) I held off on more just because I like round numbers.

My technical advice generally comes from first-hand experience which I always consider to be the most reliable.

I have gotten myself cranked up in the political and religious threads recently with my outspoken opinions, but, contrary to the usual trend of people becoming quieter and more conservative as they get older, I have moved in the opposite direction, losing my religion and becoming a bleeding-heart liberal who dreams of a social democracy and a valid world government.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #356 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 08:48:50 »

Thanks for your vote of support. After you pointed out that I was on 6K posts (I hadn't noticed) I held off on more just because I like round numbers.

My technical advice generally comes from first-hand experience which I always consider to be the most reliable.

I have gotten myself cranked up in the political and religious threads recently with my outspoken opinions, but, contrary to the usual trend of people becoming quieter and more conservative as they get older, I have moved in the opposite direction, losing my religion and becoming a bleeding-heart liberal who dreams of a social democracy and a valid world government.

Bernie.... is that you...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #357 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 08:49:28 »

If not fohat, he might be referring to terrpn.  I haven't heard from him in awhile.  :|

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 08:54:40 »
he might be referring to terrpn.  I haven't heard from him in awhile

He is still lurking around, but rarely posts unless it is an obscure Alps or Hi-Tek discussion.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 09:04:06 »

You can dream of all those things BECAUSE we don't live in anything that's remotely close to FAIR...

If tomorrow, everyone is truly equal,   you will have maybe 1/100th of the convenience and resources now in your possession.. 

You live a few days like this..   I guarantee a different tune will be sung..

It's like those kept women of wealthy men, always yammering about equality and rights..  while Their lifestyle as is YOURS is a direct affront to economic equality..

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 12:28:44 »
I SPOTTED A WILD SKCHENG IN THE WILD
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #361 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 12:32:03 »
I SPOTTED A WILD SKCHENG IN THE WILD

I DID TOO!

WELCOME BACK!

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #362 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 12:33:32 »
mkawa? Searched GH through Google and found nothing about his absence.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #363 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 12:35:57 »

We've been told unspecified health reasons, family reasons, and other stuff.  Most of it is in the drama filled Smallfry KB GB thread.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
Re: The &quot;What happened to X person?&quot; Thread
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 14:38:30 »

We've been told unspecified health reasons, family reasons, and other stuff.  Most of it is in the drama filled Smallfry KB GB thread.

Yep. And work was killing him too.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #365 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 20:31:16 »
What happened to AKIMbO?  I haven't seen him in forever.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #366 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 20:37:03 »

last I saw he just picked up a sweet yellow FR-S and decided to go be more IRL...

I think he still browses though...and is probably reading this. Hi!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 20:53:16 »

last I saw he just picked up a sweet yellow FR-S and decided to go be more IRL...

I think he still browses though...and is probably reading this. Hi!

Yeah after he moved I remember him mentioning something about being less active.  :( 

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #368 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 20:59:44 »
What happened to billnye?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #369 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:01:05 »

Banned for all the skamming he does.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:03:22 »

met him in person, stole my wallet and i didnt notice until i was on the flight home

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:05:59 »

met him in person, stole my wallet and i didnt notice until i was on the flight home
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 January 2016, 09:38:43 by billnye »

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 13:15:03 »
Any word from TheChemist?

At this point I wouldn't mind getting my stuff back unassembled.

le sigh.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #373 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 18:53:48 »
I feel like I haven't seen swill around at all recently
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #374 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 19:00:30 »
Haven't really seen hwood much.

Or ripster.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 19:09:26 »
Or ripster.

funny, I actually just saw him on reddit the other day
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 19:14:05 »
i'm pretty sure he's always on reddit  :-X
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #377 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 19:15:32 »

sarcasm.jpg
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #378 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 19:16:59 »

sarcasm.jpg
psh, i totally caught that
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #379 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 20:01:55 »
Haven't really seen hwood much.

Or ripster.

it's been like 5 days, not too long lol
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline audioave10

« Reply #380 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 03:00:15 »
You guys have come up with some old names I remember...most of them. There is another group of names that I can't remember...from 6 years ago. This place was small back then.
I could buy a new Model M from Clickykeyboards for $55 also.   :eek:
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #381 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 05:47:46 »
sth went missing. He was looking for blanks (as usual) for a while, talked about a move, and now is MIA. Where are you?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline joey

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 05:53:29 »
sth went missing. He was looking for blanks (as usual) for a while, talked about a move, and now is MIA. Where are you?
He's around. Been meeting up with rm-rf a bit, and is occasionally online. My guess is that he's enjoying being back home and not getting online as much as he used to

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #383 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 05:54:17 »

Moved from Amsterdam to the US (?) so probably settling back in - sometimes on Slack.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 09:03:38 »
Saw many familiar names, though never directly interacted with them, now that I find out most of them are gone... kind of complicated now... :'(

Also, where is ethos? the guy that has many rare clacks? also MIA?  :'(

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #385 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 14:15:45 »
where the **** is tinlong
he still havent shipped me my olvetti after a whole ****ing year

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #386 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 14:22:57 »
try at irc
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #387 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 14:36:12 »
what happened to demik? he used to be kool
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #388 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 04:49:31 »

PM me your address

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #389 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 05:40:01 »
The thread found tinnie! It works.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #390 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 05:47:22 »
ur all scammers
I love Elzy

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #391 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 07:57:21 »
lol, there is hope for humanity

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #392 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 15:57:39 »
Just when I move to NC livingspeedbump decides to disappear from GH.

But seriously I hope he's OK.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #393 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 15:59:07 »

He's still on Reddit, no?

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 16:02:30 »

Posted today, so I'd say yes.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 16:04:15 »

Posted today, so I'd say yes.

I've seen him post here not too long ago, actually.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 16:18:30 »

on slack as well (not CTRL ALT)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #397 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 16:19:13 »

on slack as well (not CTRL ALT)

MFW my request was never approved...  :'(

Offline kingpilcrow

« Reply #398 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 12:40:15 »
Me too  :-\

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 13:39:34 »

He's definitely around.  Always lurking...

Glad to see you're back too!  I was worried.  You'll have to get involved in their weekly/monthly meetups in the Raleigh area, and you moving there gives me yet another reason to visit there again.  ;)