Author Topic: Anyone made any purchases from the G2A website...  (Read 5177 times)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Anyone made any purchases from the G2A website...
« on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 22:50:13 »
I found this link and just wondered if anyone has had any experience with this website:

https://www.g2a.com/fallout-4-steam-cd-key-preorder-global.html

It appears legit...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Jeu

Re: Anyone made any purchases from the G2A website...
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 23:19:06 »
I've bought steam gifts from that site before and it worked out fine. Advertised a lot by twitch steamers too who stream video games. Always a chance but look at the sellers or who fulfills and you should be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 23:22:20 »
I've bought steam gifts from that site before and it worked out fine. Advertised a lot by twitch steamers too who stream video games. Always a chance but look at the sellers or who fulfills and you should be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! Just got a super cheap key for Skyrim...can't wait to try it on my new rig

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 23:33:06 »
They re-sell keys acquired through credit card fraud and people selling their "review keys".
They almost put the developers of Unknown Worlds behind Natural Selection 2 out of business because of how many keys they illegitimately acquired.
What they do is actually illegal.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 23:34:16 »
just pay the dollar for that g2a insurance or w.e and ur straight

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 07:09:32 »
They re-sell keys acquired through credit card fraud and people selling their "review keys".
They almost put the developers of Unknown Worlds behind Natural Selection 2 out of business because of how many keys they illegitimately acquired.

Mega derp on me then...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 09:09:24 »

Mega derp on me then...

Ok.. so.. basically,  it's like the Ebay of digital game /software keys..

Do SOME of the things on Ebay fall off the back of the truck ?

Do Drug Addicts who need to get their heroin fix, steal and possibly know how to use ebay ?

Of course all the publishers would like to establish their own price and their own outlet,   but they're essentially slaved to steam and Steam PIMPS the majority of game publishers, just as Appstore, Google, Pimp the majority of mobile-app publishers.

G2A is the NEW-pimp on the block.. who cater to individuals...

Offline SamFlynn

• Location: From inside the hive, behind your eyes, and off the grid...into the Black.
  • Type until there is no need...
    • Firefly Online Forum
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 09:30:54 »

Mega derp on me then...

Ok.. so.. basically,  it's like the Ebay of digital game /software keys..

Do SOME of the things on Ebay fall off the back of the truck ?

Do Drug Addicts who need to get their heroin fix, steal and possibly know how to use ebay ?

Of course all the publishers would like to establish their own price and their own outlet,   but they're essentially slaved to steam and Steam PIMPS the majority of game publishers, just as Appstore, Google, Pimp the majority of mobile-app publishers.

G2A is the NEW-pimp on the block.. who cater to individuals...

Great analogy...I wonder, what is illegal about it. We are not talking about a bit torrent, Bearshare, Limewire, etc. sort of thing...these are actual Steam codes that people have earned, right? What is different from this and say selling a physical copy of Fallout 3 or Skyrim to a pawn shop, or Gamestop/EB games, etc.?
<Press Any Key>

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 10:24:21 »
The difference is that a huge portion of these are stolen, and g2a does not care.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 10:35:58 »
The difference is that a huge portion of these are stolen, and g2a does not care.

Argh...well I will know for future. I will buy from steam only from now on

Offline Wannabe

• Independent Adjudicator
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 10:42:07 »
I used them once to buy the Diablo 3 expansion. My key worked and haven't had any issues with it, but I used them before I knew about their business practices. Turns out the source of their keys is from fraud, loopholes, etc. Won't use them again.
I liek keyboards

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 10:57:30 »

The Concept of Ownership is directly tied to humanity's command hierarchy..

In many ways, if the people who have the most, the Leadership-Class, use it frivolously then they are STEALING from ALL OF US -- the proletariate class --

So, now that humanity is very large,  we have intermediate classes (the developers)..

The Top pimps the Middle, the Middle pimps the Poor..

This cycle of abuse and misappropriation of responsibility/ command is the result of humanity's own inadequacy to channel information succinctly to one another..

In another way,  we could say Command-corruption (and subsequent waste of resources) is a fundamental COST to synergistic cohabitation.

Ultimately ,,  whoever gets it done, BY ANY MEANS,  is the victor..   Be it by the way of thieving or otherwise,,  ENTIRE COUNTRIES have been stolen/ robbed / pillaged..  The winner gets to say it was all in the name of justice and betterment of the greater..

The world today is no different a place.. Only the conduct of War has changed..

NOW that we move to the DIGITAL frontier,  Yet again,  methods will diverge..

WIN by any-means, that is the nature of NATURE..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 11:05:12 »

Also, do you think Ebay cares if someone is selling stolen soap worth $1 a piece. ,  No they're thinking, I want that $30,000 on the 1 million bars of soap sold.

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 12:18:19 »
I am not going to try understand your first response, but if you report something stolen to eBay, they take the listing down, and seller has repercussions. If you report a counterfeit, you keep it and get a refund. And eBay is primarily meant for auctioning used physical goods. G2A buys huge amounts of keys from shady individuals selling at below wholesale rates and then offers optional paid insurance to end customers in case the stolen key gets revoked.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 12:19:57 »
I used them once to buy the Diablo 3 expansion. My key worked and haven't had any issues with it, but I used them before I knew about their business practices. Turns out the source of their keys is from fraud, loopholes, etc. Won't use them again.

I feel like I need 25+ showers nao...like John Coffey says, 'Can't take it back':

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 06:35:17 »

I feel like I need 25+ showers nao...like John Coffey says, 'Can't take it back':

Show Image

May the gaming overlord forgive you and cleanse your soul.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 06:58:34 »
DO NOT SUPPORT G2A 
Developers don't sell on G2A. People do, and the keys are often obtained by shady methods for example credit card fraud or taking them off the back of a truck.
To be fair a lot of the time the keys are from more 'harmless' source such as being bought in a country where games are cheaper. But some are not and there is no way to tell.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 07:36:10 »
DO NOT SUPPORT G2A 
Developers don't sell on G2A. People do, and the keys are often obtained by shady methods for example credit card fraud or taking them off the back of a truck.
To be fair a lot of the time the keys are from more 'harmless' source such as being bought in a country where games are cheaper. But some are not and there is no way to tell.

This is not a correct assessment..

Yes,  One developer got their keys stolen, NOT BY G2A..  G2A is the marketplace.. 

You can not possibly say, G2A, the marketplace organizer is responsible for checking all sources of keys..

This is simply impossible..

What if they had 1000 legit purchased keys, mixed with 10,000 stolen ones.. How would you ever differentiate..

I'm not saying G2A has no-responsbilities,  but there really isn't much they can do about people stealing the keys..

If the digital hackers didn't sell at G2A, they could sell elsewhere, ebay, etc..  There's NO DIFFERENCE, the crime is not perpetrated on G2A's end, and the marketplace seller can not possibly have the resources to check all the keys.

The developer has the responsibility to keep their end secure..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 07:43:13 »
So you guys are saying I shouldn't buy firewatch  from them for ~$13.50?

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 09:28:42 »
DO NOT SUPPORT G2A 

Yes,  One developer got their keys stolen, NOT BY G2A..  G2A is the marketplace.. 

You can not possibly say, G2A, the marketplace organizer is responsible for checking all sources of keys..

What if they had 1000 legit purchased keys, mixed with 10,000 stolen ones.. How would you ever differentiate..

I'm not saying G2A has no-responsbilities,  but there really isn't much they can do about people stealing the keys..

If the digital hackers didn't sell at G2A, they could sell elsewhere, ebay, etc..  There's NO DIFFERENCE, the crime is not perpetrated on G2A's end, and the marketplace seller can not possibly have the resources to check all the keys.

One developer? So far I've heard about Ubisoft, unknown world, and Tinybuild, and that's just the highly publicized cases when devs almost went broke or Ubisoft because Ubisoft.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 09:36:39 by tassadarforaiur »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 12:19:41 »
DO NOT SUPPORT G2A 

One developer? So far I've heard about Ubisoft, unknown world, and Tinybuild, and that's just the highly publicized cases when devs almost went broke or Ubisoft because Ubisoft.

The world of Digital-goods is new..

You simply can not defend it the same way you would with physical goods..

By the time the keys are stolen.. it's already too late to stop..

Those developers Lost sales the moment the hackers took those keys from the developer's server/ key gen... NOT after the keys were sold on G2A..

In this specific case,  the reason those lost sales happened is one part the developer's own negligence in safeguarding their product,  and another part malicious hackers..

The market place G2A could not have prevented those lost sales..

The keys could just as easily be sold on ANY marketplace.. such as ebay..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 13:06:01 »
To understand it another way...

Imagine G2A did not exist..

Those companies that got their keys stolen, would've STILL lost those sales.. because the keys would've merely turn up at some other marketplace..

At this point, we can not fault G2A..

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 13:34:38 »
To understand it another way...

Imagine G2A did not exist..

Those companies that got their keys stolen, would've STILL lost those sales.. because the keys would've merely turn up at some other marketplace..

At this point, we can not fault G2A..

Makes me feel a little better, but I will strive to do the 'right' thing next time, not the cheap thing, for sure. I will wait for Steam to put Fallout 4 Game of the Year up or some such...

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 17:45:05 »
The Know (Funhaus) just made a pretty comprehensive video on the issue
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 17:59:47 »
There is no difference between a digital market places such as ebay or g2a or penguin..

It's the responsibility of the studio's own retail arm// retail partners to ensure large batches of keys are not purchased fraudulently or stolen..

G2A is a secondary market....

If the Stuff was stolen at the Primary-market, it will get sold at ANY secondary market..

The stealing doesn't happen at the secondary market, it happens at the Primary..

If you steal a bar of soap from cvs and sell it on ebay,  who's responsibility was it to guard that soap from being stolen.. 

was it Ebay's or Cvs's..

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 18:40:52 »
You are literally better off pirating games, rather than purchasing form G2A.

http://tinybuild.com/g2a-sold-450k-worth-of-our-game-keys

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 18:45:19 »

Not true..

The circumstances are different..

Pirating means the developers will for certain, not see payment for their software.

G2A, there's is a good chance the developers will see SOMETHING, though possibly highly discounted..

What the developers want is PRICE FIXING..  that is what ensures the highest amount paid per unit sale..

So as a consumer..  traditionally pre-broadband,  we've had no choice.. We always paid full price..

NOW,  there is bargaining..  Give it to me for cheaper...

G2A is putting bargaining power back in the hands of the consumer..

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 18:47:22 »
It's a grey market. Many keys are acquired either illegitimately or by exploiting pricing differences between locales.

I'd suggest paying the developers who make the games you enjoy, at least as well as you're able to.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 18:49:55 »

Not true..

Pirating means the developers will for certain, not see payment for their software.

G2A, there's is a good chance the developers will see SOMETHING, though possibly highly discounted..

What the developers want is PRICE FIXING..  that is what ensures the highest amount paid per unit sale..

So as a consumer..  traditionally pre-broadband,  we've had no choice.. We always paid full price..

It's not a bargaining system. The developers make less money for the products they create than what they request. This has real consequences when publishers expect results from studios, as well as when indies don't make enough to keep the lights on and their own investors (often themselves) happy.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 18:51:50 »
Not true..

Bullocks mate. The developers involved with the scams are being ran out of business because of the monetary loss and charge-back fees caused by this exploitation. There is damaged being done because of this. Read the articles. Not to mention, G2A are only agreeing to help developers who have contacted them at the condition they partake in a partnership with them.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 18:57:17 »
It's a grey market. Many keys are acquired either illegitimately or by exploiting pricing differences between locales.

I'd suggest paying the developers who make the games you enjoy, at least as well as you're able to.

By that logic,   always buy smart phones at full price..  instead of ebay,  since heck, many phones on ebay are stolen.

Where does that stop..

Who's responsible.. The Thieves are, for stealing the phone,  and The person who lost their phone, because they were negligent..

The market is impartial to that segment.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 18:59:36 »
Not true..

Bullocks mate. The developers involved with the scams are being ran out of business because of the monetary loss and charge-back fees caused by this exploitation. There is damaged being done because of this. Read the articles. Not to mention, G2A are only agreeing to help developers who have contacted them at the condition they partake in a partnership with them.

G2A did nothing wrong..

The thieves were crafty enough to steal those cards.

The primary market, the bundle sellers were negligent enough to let such a large batch be purchased with stolen cards.

G2A is innocent of it all.

Is ebay responsible for selling and keeping track of stolen goods..

No, they simply don't have the resources to do that.

The two party at fault  in those cases were the bundle seller and the hackers..

G2A is just the market..

Look at it from G2A's position..  They have their primary job, to maintain the marketplace, server costs, transaction costs, creditcard programs to pay..

There is nothing in it for them to TRACK stolen keys..  They CAN lend a helping hand,  but FOR THAT help, there's a cost,  this cost is proposed as a Partnership program with the developers..

That is perfectly legitimate.. 

Offline SamFlynn

• Location: From inside the hive, behind your eyes, and off the grid...into the Black.
    • Firefly Online Forum
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 22:44:18 »
This thread has certainly struck a nerve with folks. Great discussion, but I hope we can draw the line before Marx or Engels get brought in the mix, lol.

I can see now that my conscience is clear, but I can't help but wonder about people who see others as thieves. Many times, they are hiding their own criminal intent. Just saying.
<Press Any Key>

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 08:13:05 »
This thread has certainly struck a nerve with folks. Great discussion, but I hope we can draw the line before Marx or Engels get brought in the mix, lol.

I can see now that my conscience is clear, but I can't help but wonder about people who see others as thieves. Many times, they are hiding their own criminal intent. Just saying.
I'm at fault for buying a key from G2A. This was a good while ago though and before I found out that they weren't always getting the keys legally.
I haven't since and I won't again.

Offline SamFlynn

• Firefly Online Forum
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:00:30 »
I'm at fault for buying a key from G2A. This was a good while ago though and before I found out that they weren't always getting the keys legally.

Fantabulous!  :thumb:
<Press Any Key>

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:30:00 »

Not buying from G2A does not stop hackers from stealing keys.. They sell just as many keys on ebay..

Not to mention all the other equivalent G2A sites all over the world..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:33:19 »

Not buying from G2A does not stop hackers from stealing keys.. They sell just as many keys on ebay..

Not to mention all the other equivalent G2A sites all over the world..
Yeah you've posted that a lot in this thread.
I can't make it stop but I can stop contributing to it and get my keys from places that are legitimate.

Sent from my stinky butt.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 10:29:13 »

I can't make it stop but I can stop contributing to it and get my keys from places that are legitimate.

Torrenting does not decrease the number of sales.. and that is COMPLETE stealing..

Digital Hackers,  equivalently will not decrease the number of sales....

A person who would not buy a game at full price, but only bought the game at a reduced price is the same as a person who would never have bought the game..

WHY,  because that price is set too high..

This is market equilibrium in action..

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 18:04:04 »

Torrenting does not decrease the number of sales.. and that is COMPLETE stealing..

A person who would not buy a game at full price, but only bought the game at a reduced price is the same as a person who would never have bought the game..

If Ferraris were cheaper then more people would buy them. That doesn't mean their price is set too high.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 18:53:24 »

If Ferraris were cheaper then more people would buy them. That doesn't mean their price is set too high.

A ferrari is a luxury good, the price IS the product..

That is different.